GIS Expert based in Austria
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The GIS Expert shall have a minimum of 3 years relevant GIS experience preferably to the pipeline industry or oil and gas industry. The role requires sound GIS skills. The ability to identify problems and deliver solutions through effective communication and technical skills is the pivotal attribute.
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 04/05/2012 20:00:00
Expires: 03/07/2012 20:00:00
• Familiar with GIS / ROW engineering works of natural gas pipelines and related soft-wares.
• Confident with and have good written and oral communication skills in English.
• Willing to learn and have the ability to work effectively under pressure - working to deadlines and be able to prioritise workload.
• Highly self-motivated, have good working attitude with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
• Having team spirit and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
Interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people of all levels and teamwork.
Job DescriptionCoberon Chronos Consulting's client is a leading engineering multinational responsible for one of the largest energy infrastructure projects in Central and Eastern Europe.GIS handling and administration of project documents produced by the Owner’s Engineer (OE) and Local FEED Engineers (LFEs) and later by the Construction Contractor at stages of both Front End Engineering Design and Construction of Cross Country Natural Gas Pipeline (EU Countries Section only) as per ASME B31.8 and/or EN 1594 and API standards.
• Provide high quality technical support in GIS discipline in respect to Right of Way (ROW) engineering activities to technical PMT at project FEED and construction phase.
• Supervise the quality of the GIS activities related to Right of Way (ROW) engineering within the following areas;
- All design activities pertinent to ROW discipline
- Analysis and methods
• Ensure that the OE and LFEs are implementing their duties properly related to GIS Model as described in their SOW covering;
- Route design
- Constraint mapping
- Project standard technical sheets and drawings
- Geo-referenced raster images with different scales and 3d topographical model
• Ensure that the relevant design rules and procedures are complied with project applicable standards.
• Ensure that the relevant construction activities are complied with project applicable standards
• Develop and co-ordinate the works in GIS discipline.
• Liaison with respective engineer(s) of Owner’s Engineer (OE), Local FEED Engineers (LFEs) and Construction Contractors, exchange of views and co-operate in GIS related matters.
• Review OE and LFEs and construction contractor’s project deliverables (route arrangement drawings, route maps, alignment sheets, as built setc.) related to ROW engineering discipline.
• Monitor technical performance / competence / progress of Engineering Companies and Construction
• Develop, maintain, consolidate and use, as required, engineering softwares related to GIS / ROW engineering discipline.
• Consolidate Company’s experience in GIS / ROW engineering discipline
Similar Jobs to GIS Expert based in Austria
LiveIT Support Services Sales
- Seek to fully understand the company ICT business, identifying customer issues/needs/problems that we can solve with company services to assist the customer
- Manage all aspects of the customer account with respect to Service deal transactions
- Drive the execution of customer facing activities to conclusion in a quality, timely, and correct manner
- Manage service pricing and margins according to agreed terms
- Coordinate with cross functional teams (Commercial Finance, delivery, Operations, etc)
- Understanding and effectively navigating customers' and partners' procurement process
- Building relationships with customers and partners in positions that directly or indirectly influence the procurement process
- Properly qualifying opportunities to ensure optimization of company resource
- Drive Multiyear Services Contract Renewals and high attach/renewal rate in your assigned customers
- Follow standardized and optimized sales processes
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving business objectives.
- Effectively manage personal time and productivity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and manage account plans using all relevant data (renewals, new product funnel, potential upgrades and end-of-support situations).
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers' relationships through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to and follow up sales inquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Developing the Pipeline: Applying knowledge of sales trends, market drivers, and key customer issues and opportunities to do strategic account planning; establishing, prioritizing, executing,
and monitoring a course of action to accomplish broad territory objectives and sales strategies; using knowledge to identify and cultivate future sales opportunities to build a strong pipeline.
- Building Influential Relationships: Working collaboratively with customers, channel partners, and account team members to meet business goals and objectives; using appropriate communication methods to influence others and establish relationships.
- Customer Focus: Supporting customers during the sales process; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer requirements while balancing business needs; resolving difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Negotiation: Effectively exploring interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data, objective criteria to support
- CXO Relevancy: Adding value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the customer/partner, conveying a firm understanding of the customer's/partners business and political drivers, displaying executive presence by building rapport and credibility; effectively influencing other people to accept a solution; clearly connecting solutions to business needs.
- Critical Thinking: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to address sales challenges and new opportunities; taking courses of action based on sound analysis and judgment that appropriately consider customer and partner business capabilities and issues, available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences.
Knowledge of the following areas:
- Cisco different levels of support (SmartNet, partner support , …etc)
- F5 support levels
- Fortinet support levels
- Bluecoat support levels
- Checkpoint support levels
Additional knowledge of support models for below is plus:
- IBM support
- Data Centre(UPS, Cooling, CCTV, fire systems, …etc)
Have excellent experience about Cisco services process includes and not limited to attached rates, renewal rates, SLAs, different between multiple support programs, rebates & discounts, have excellent relation with Cisco services Sales Account managers is big plus
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: $4000 - $5000 per annum + BENEFITSThis role focuses on achieving revenue goals; forecasting revenue accurately on a Bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly schedule; developing a pipeline of opportunities, qualifying and closing deals for a set of defined customers in a segment. Opportunities include Infrastructure services covering (NW, Security, Storage, Server, physical security & Data Center) Services and Maintenance Renewals
Posted: Wed 22 Feb at 12:00 Expires: Wed 08 Mar at 12:00
LiveIT Supervisor- Remote Site
- IT qualification - Experience in a similar role - Experience managing a small team - Russian language desired
- Oversee all maintenance and technical support of all I.T. related assets - Manage a small IT team - Establish working relationships with others in the department, collaborating on new technology needs or expanded uses for existing technologies to increase functionality or efficiency. - Make recommendations and provide input to management for inclusion in strategic planning discussions
Type: Long Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: Not statedMy client is a leading FM provider for remote sites all across the world. Due to a large contract win, they are now looking for a IT Supervisor for one of their large sites in Kazakhstan.
Posted: Tue 21 Feb at 18:42 Expires: Sat 22 Apr at 18:42
LiveSenior IT Manager - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Snr IT Manager
Senior IT Manager
As the Senior IT Manager at a leading oil and gas operator, you will be responsible for ensuring the secure and efficient operation of the IT equipment and services. Based in their regional offices in Kuala Lumpur, you will be accountable for planning, coordinating, directing and assisting design IT related services for regional organization.
• Degree in Computer Science, IT, Geoscience
• 10+ years experience in managing IT services including the management of business wide infrastructure environments
• Must have demonstrated leadership ability and willingness to coordinate and plan as well as work in a hands-on capacity.
• Translate the global IT strategy into a regional strategy and vision.
• Ensure stable operation of the company's applications and computer network and infrastructure in the Region.
• Lead the Regional IT Team as part of a global team to provide efficient service to customers.
• Data integrity, data loading and retrieval. Ensure data backups are carried out routinely and successfully.
• IT and network security
• Fluent in English and Malay
Offering long-term careers, opportunities to work overseas in the future and great career progression, if you want to take your career to the next level by joining a successful O&G operator please apply using the links provided.
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: CompetitiveSenior IT Manager
As the Senior IT Manager at a leading oil and gas operator, you will be responsible for ensuring the secure and efficient...
Posted: Fri 17 Feb at 12:44 Expires: Fri 17 Mar at 12:44
LiveArcGIS Support Analysts (2 Positions) - WS/2423
The successful candidate will have: • Education to Degree or equivalent level desired – especially in a GIS or Earth Science subject. • Some oil and gas industry experience highly desired – an understanding of the subsurface workflow within an oil Company advantageous. • A strong background in supporting the ArcGIS application essential. Preferably 5 years’ min experience. • Excellent analytical skills and root-cause analysis essential – the ability to systematically determine root cause, having exhausted all avenues is a pre-requisite. • Good ArcGIS Portal/Server Support knowledge is highly desired – however, the aptitude and willingness to learn and expand your existing strong IT background is key. Training will be provided. • A good understanding of how ESRI software interacts with servers/networks highly advantageous. • Excellent customer relationship skills – performance will be based on speed, accuracy, resolution and above all customer satisfaction. • Excellent communication skills – the ability to articulate clearly and concisely to customers, suppliers and colleagues is essential.
An Oil and Gas Operator seeks two ArcGIS Support Analysts to work at either their Surrey or Aberdeen offices to provide 2nd line support to all ArcGIS users. Applicants are invited with a strong background in analysing problems relating to the ArcGIS application, who can determine the root cause and help to resolve issues in a professional and timely manner. There is a preference for applicants with a good oil and gas background. This is a 6 month contract but may lead to an extension or permanent position. ArcGIS is widely used across the Company and the user community is expanding, hence the need to strengthen the Support Team with appropriately skilled resources. There is a preference for someone with a strong portal/server understanding but the aptitude to determine the root-cause of problems is key. The Company will provide training in the more detailed IT aspects. Responsibilities: Reporting to a Project Manager this role encompasses many functions including: • Become competent in how ArcGIS interacts with other applications, with the portal/servers, and the user communities workflows and practices. • Establish yourself as a go-to-person for the provision of 2nd line support across the Company for all ArcGIS users of the portal. • Determine the root-cause of problems reported, which could originate at portal/server, application, script or data level. • Investigate problems in a professional and timely manner. • Document and track all problems, ensuring a satisfactory resolution is found. • Escalate the problem quickly if the issue is not resolved and work with the required personnel (internally or externally) to fix. • Build good working relationships with suppliers and support personnel of data, application, and IT system environment. • Liaise with your counterparts in Houston and India as needed, supporting each other to resolve problems. • Transfer your knowledge of ArcGIS analysis and resolution to other members of the Support Team – mentor and support more junior support personnel. • Assist in improving the support processes and procedures for this application, ensuring a highly professional service is established and maintained across the user community. This is an exciting and challenging role. ArcGIS is a widely used application across the Company’s user community, which is set to grow globally.
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: A Day Rate of between £350 - £450 is on offer dependent on skills and experience.To be considered for this role you will have to undertake a Quick Registration and apply online on the Working Smart Limited web site. Our Recruitment Team will then review your application and reply directly. This role is a 6 month contract initially and is only open to EU Nationals or UK work permit holders. This role can be based in either Surrey or Aberdeen.
Posted: Fri 10 Feb at 12:26 Expires: Tue 11 Apr at 12:26
LiveGeospacial Data Analyst
- Specialist - Recent experience (8+ years) in hands on delivery of GIS and Geospatial data and project support for various Upstream Teams. - Sr. Specialist - Recent experience (15+ years) in hands on delivery of GIS and Geospatial data and project support for various Upstream Teams. - Prior experience supporting GIS & geospatial data management efforts in the delivery of solutions, workflows, data and analytics for Exploration and related. - Knowledge of various internal and external data sources and how these apply to our business workflows: IHS, Wood Mackenzie, Tellus, Grav/Mag, Seeps/Slicks, Imagery, etc. - Advanced working knowledge of ESRI technology platform, desktop, server, portal, extensions, model builder, and other applicable Geospatial tools. - Awareness knowledge of other E&P technology including Petrel, OpenSpirit, Studio, … and how they interact with GIS. - Basic knowledge of fundamentals like geodesy, coordinate reference systems, and transformations for operations support and spatial data management - Effective verbal and written communication skills, experience documenting best practices and workflows - BS degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science
Help implement, promote, and support a standardized approach to GIS and Spatial Data Management across various teams - Help migrate file based data from network drives to SDE and remap associated project files and other supporting documents - Organize, load and QC new data and information, Help publish, optimize and deliver web map services - Help coordinate and support the use and management of spatial data and technology across technologist and geoscience staff in Exploration teams Specialist - Recent experience (8+ years) in hands on delivery of GIS and Geospatial data and project support for various Upstream Teams. - Sr. Specialist - Recent experience (15+ years) in hands on delivery of GIS and Geospatial data and project support for various Upstream Teams. - Prior experience supporting GIS & geospatial data management efforts in the delivery of solutions, workflows, data and analytics for Exploration and related. - Knowledge of various internal and external data sources and how these apply to our business workflows: IHS, Wood Mackenzie, Tellus, Grav/Mag, Seeps/Slicks, Imagery, etc. - Advanced working knowledge of ESRI technology platform, desktop, server, portal, extensions, model builder, and other applicable Geospatial tools. - Awareness knowledge of other E&P technology including Petrel, OpenSpirit, Studio, … and how they interact with GIS. - Basic knowledge of fundamentals like geodesy, coordinate reference systems, and transformations for operations support and spatial data management - Effective verbal and written communication skills, experience documenting best practices and workflows - BS degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: $25 - $37 per hourHelp implement, promote, and support a standardized approach to GIS and Spatial Data Management across various teams - Help migrate file based data from network drives - - - - - - - - - - - -...
Posted: Thu 09 Feb at 22:16 Expires: Thu 09 Mar at 22:16