Senior Instrument & Control Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
**URGENT** Fantastic Opportunity for a Senior Instrument & Control Engineer to work in the UAE for a global leading Oil & Gas Services company
Location: United Arab Emirates
Working Locations: Site, Office, International
Posted: 02/10/2013 09:23:00
Expires: 30/10/2013 09:23:00
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Instrument Engineering with at least 8 to 12 years of related experience preferable from a background in working for organizations in EPC for the Oil and Gas Industry. Added advantage will be a solid experience in the construction and operational side of engineering.
• Experience working in building services, housing developments, hospitals, high rise buildings, military buildings or service developments will NOT count as part of experience required.
• Operational experience in an Oil and Gas refining facility is advantageous
• Construction experience in and Oil and Gas construction works is advantageous
• Experience in electrical generation plants is vital
• Preparing of all proposal documentation, detail design, engineering, and preparation of all ICSS and instrumentation documentation and interface required to execute project successfully.
• Supervise a team of Instrumentation engineers and designers in carrying out detailed engineering for projects as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review project specifications and standards. Process Data Sheets (PDS), Piping Material Specifications (PMS), Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, and other relevant documents. Identify discrepancies and deviations from original scope by use of technical queries (TQ’s) and Design Change Notifications (DCN’s).
• Complete scope of work, within budgeted man hours and time schedules, development of equipment and material specifications and data sheets, Instrument Index, Input & Output Lists, Bill of Quantities, Block Diagrams, cable routing, control room layouts, Loop Diagrams, Wiring Termination Diagrams, Loop drawings, Installation Hook-up Drawings, Instrument Plot Plans, Cable Tray/Trench Lay-outs, Cable Schedules, JB schedules, Interconnection Schedules and Installation detail drawings, calculations, etc.
• Preparation of technical inquiry requests (Inquiry Requisitions). Complete Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), Prepare Purchase Requisitions for procurement of instrument and control system materials. Review vendor drawings and documents.
• Participate in HAZOP meeting and undertake SIL studies with client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Direct Supervisor and E&I Engineering Manager.
Similar Jobs to Senior Instrument & Control Engineer
LiveLead Instrumentation Engineer
• Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications • Experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, or refinery industries required • Bachelors Degree from an accredited university in Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering • 10-15 years' experience, with at least 5 as a lead design engineer in the consulting industry preferred. • Experience with a consulting engineering firm • Demonstrated ability to manage engineering projects using multi-discipline engineering • Knowledge and experience in engineering design and construction projects. • A high degree of capability in engineering management, communications, client relationship, and team management skills • PMP certified
Responsible for preparing and review of calculations, design drawings, and other information. Directly involved with the Designer in the development of engineered deliverables. Supports construction and procurement with preparation of drawings and material take-offs. Reviews as-built drawings and assists with collection of design information required by construction and procurement. POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: • Oversees and is responsible for the overall technical aspects of the project. • Assume leadership of a project team as a lead engineer and coordinate the design aspects of the projects. This includes the generation of calculations and design drawings as well as field work. • Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks, and work with other engineers to help with the determining of scope of work, budget and staffing. • Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyse operation of existing systems. • Checks all technical calculations and drawings for accuracy. • Write scope of work for design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client. • May serve as a field engineer during construction. • Perform initial field survey to determine optimum equipment layout, facility operations and safety criteria • Maintains communications between other engineers and other disciplines to assure schedule and budget accuracy • Responsible for man hour budget and schedule. • Generates all appropriate discipline communication records for proper dissemination of project information. • Mentor and help grow the department in experience and resources. • May be involved in the interviewing and hiring process of potential candidates based on resource needs. • Increase communications as the workload increases.
Type: Staff / Office, InternationalSalary: Not statedThis position assumes the lead role in the development and execution of instrument engineering for projects assigned and occasionally project manager.
Posted: Wed 30 Jul at 9:55 Expires: Sun 28 Sep at 9:55
LiveSenior Instrument Engineer
Senior Instrument Engineer A fantastic opportunity has arisen with our client for a Senior Instrument Engineer to join an oil & gas operator that is expanding every year. With expansion comes the opportunity for progression and longevity with a company that is committed to investment and development and is quickly becoming a leading name within the oil and gas industry. The role is offering an attractive package with great additional benefits. The role will require the selected applicant to support the offshore complex instrumentation, control, system monitoring, overall operations, and maintenance and provide recommendation for design improvement and upgrade. Essential Requirements *Bachelor Degree in Engineering *Min 15 years' experience (both onshore and offshore) *Working knowledge of Control & Instrumentation system (PLC, DCS, SCADA) *Experience in systems design *Plant Information Management System *Condition and Vibration monitoring System *Experience of hydrocarbon processing and utilities plant is essential *Excellent communication skills in English (Verbal & Written) If you are an Instrument Engineer with above skills and experience, please apply by following the relevant links provided. Do not miss on this great opportunity!
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedSenior Instrument Engineer A fantastic opportunity has arisen with our client for a Senior Instrument Engineer to join an oil & gas operator that is expanding every year. Wit...
Posted: Wed 30 Jul at 7:00 Expires: Wed 27 Aug at 7:00