HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Candidates can apply for up to 150 jobs in 28 days.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
LiveHSE Instructor (PTW)
HSE Instructor (PTW) My client is a major oil operator based in Abu Dhabi. With several developments both onshore and in shallow waters, they are one of the world's largest Oil and Gas operators. They are seeking a HSE Instructor with specific knowledge of Permit To Work (PTW) systems, to join them in Abu Dhabi in a permanent position. The purpose & Scope of the role includes; *Developing, preparing and updating PTW training modules, and all other related courses that meet and accommodate company approved PTW procedures, HSE procedure manual and electronic PTW System. *Delivering training programs related to PTW in accordance to the established HSE strategy, objectives, training schedule and HSE annual training plan. *Assuring competency of trainees, through approved assessment process, and certifying successful attendees. Duties will include; *Preparing HSE training presentations, and in particular PTW training modules for Job Performers, Job Originators, Area Authority, Issuing Authority and other PTW stakeholders. *Preparing Pre-requisite PTW training modules for Area Authority/ issuing Authority and Job Performer/ Job Originator. *Adapts and accommodates training modules to reflect the updated version of PTW procedures and electronic PTW System. *Develop courses related to PTW procedures including Confined Space Entry, Understanding Hazards and Precautions in PTW, In the Line of Fire, Gas Testing, Isolation Lockout/ Tag-out, Excavation, Safe Work Practices and Task Risk Assessment, etc. *Prepare annual training plan and schedule to meet Company/ Contractors needs as per Company HSE Plans and Objectives. *Conduct / delivers all PTW basic and refresher courses for staff, contractors and third party as required. *Conduct / deliver PTW support courses including but not limited to confined space entry, isolation lockout and tagout, excavation, understanding hazards and precautions in PTW, safe work practices and in the line of fire, etc *Ensure competency and assessment of trainees by conducting written exams and issuing certificates to successful attendees. *Assist with the development and maintenance of computer based safety training records and the production of certificates and cards attesting the successful completion of safety training courses. *Review / compile all training records such as (HSE Training attendance sheet, evaluation & assessment reports exam sheets, etc.) to develop performance records for HSE statistical records. *Prepare periodic reports and presentations on training statistics. Job Requirements *10 years' experience in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering or HSE, plus at least 5 years in HSE training experience preferably within Oil & Gas industry. *Bachelor degree in Engineering, Science or other relevant discipline. Preferably higher qualification such as M.Sc or MBA. *Ideally you will hold a recognized Safety Diploma, professional qualification in HSE (6-12 months), i.e. NEBOSH, IOSH, OSHA, NVQ Level 4. A very attractive TAX FREE ex-pat package is on offer to the successful HSE Instructor. This includes a very competitive salary, housing allowance, schooling allowance, family medical insurance, car loan and relocation assistance if required. If you meet the above criteria and would like the opportunity to join this prestigious and highly regarded operator, please apply today by following the on-screen link.
Type: Long Term Contract / InternationalSalary: Not statedHSE Instructor (PTW) My client is a major oil operator based in Abu Dhabi. With several developments both onshore and in shallow waters, they are one of the world's largest Oil an...
Posted: Fri 07 Mar at 9:00 Expires: Fri 04 Apr at 9:00
LiveHSE Trainer Oil & Gas - Abu Dhabi/Erbil
Graduate in any Engineering field with additional certifications in HSE, preferably NEBOSH, IOSH, IADC Rig Pass, OSHA etc. Strong Pasion for Health and Safety related matters. Resides in and around Abu Dhabi. Team player. Pleasing personality and communicative type under all circumstances. OUTGOING TYPE Good communication skills in English (and preferably Arabic/ Kurdish) SKILL SET: Computer knowledge with good command of MS Word, Excel, PPT, OUTLOOK. Any basic and industry standard Simulation software. Able to speak Arabic/Kurdish desirable. Typing speed of about 25 words per minute. Ability to interact with different types of people and age groups. Very good and patient listening ability. Confidence to address and engage group of students with the help of latest teaching materials and aids.
To initially manage all HSE related functions of LSES in Middle East. To accredited relevant qualifications like NEBOSH, IOSH, OPITO, OSHA, IADC etc. Effectively liaise with Management and Top management for necessary reporting. Produce necessary daily/weekly/monthly reports as directed by management pertaining to the relevant LSES activities. Function as faculty for HSE functions within outside LSES Conceive, develop and document HSE related course materials for delivery. Produce, collate, and classify student’s reports and management reports as directed. Help to organise Part time and full time HSE faculty if required. Developing New Consulting services/products based on HSE background
Type: Staff or Contract / Office, InternationalSalary: Not statedTo be the Faculty to Plan, deliver and evaluate the outcomes in the Classroom/Field. This position is created for spearheading the establishment of HSE Faculty Pool in LSES Globally. London School of Energy Studies (LSES) is a well established training school based in London with branches in Dubai and Cochin. LSES has successfully created a strong brand with a vision to be an internationally recognized education provider for the energy sector. The training programmes offered by LSES is a unique training programme in the world, combining petroleum basics, hands on practical experience, business, and communication skills. This is an ambitious goal, but we aim to prepare students to perform a wide variety of technical and business functions in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Posted: Fri 28 Feb at 10:21 Expires: Tue 29 Apr at 10:21
LiveHSE Instructor - Permit To Work
My client is a major oil operator located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. They have several developments both onshore and more recently in shallow waters. They are currently seeking an HSE Instructor with specific knowledge of Permit To Work (PTW) systems. This position can be either staff or rotational. The HSE Instructor will be responsible for developing, preparing and updating PTW training modules. They will deliver the training program, assure the competency of trainees and maintain frequent contact with Senior staff. The best person for this position will have a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science or a related discipline. They will also ideally have a higher, professional qualification such as an MSc, MBA etc. They should have at least 10 years relevant experience in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering or HSE. They must also have at least 5 years experience with HSE training. Somebody with up to date knowledge of international codes and standards, use of safety equipment and experience in implementing safe work practices would be preferred. The company are offering a very good salary plus excellent, full ex-pat benefits for this role. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a large and growing, multinational company and a team of cultured professionals. If you think you are the right person for this role, apply today by following the on-screen link!
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedMy client is a major oil operator located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. They have several developments both onshore and more recently in shallow waters. They are currently se...
Posted: Wed 26 Feb at 15:00 Expires: Wed 26 Mar at 15:00