General Manager - Trading & Development
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Candidates can apply for up to 150 jobs in 28 days.
The company is a subsidiary unit of a large holding company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is headquartered in Al-Khobar and has regional offices in Riyadh and Jeddah. The Company is engaged in trading and supply of industrial and commercial products to Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, utilities (power and Water) and infrastructure industry sectors within the GCC market, mainly in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Salary: On Application
Working Locations: Site, Office, International
Posted: 18/01/2012 15:00:00
Expires: 18/03/2012 15:00:00
Key RequirementsRequired Skills & Qualifications
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics) preferably with an MBA and specialization in General Management or a Graduate in any discipline with
• 12-15 years total experience of which 5-7 years must have been in a similar position with
reputed medium to large scale organization with P&L responsibility.
• Familiarity with ERP Environment.
• Strong Financial Acumen, with specific understanding of Financial Instruments, Documents
and management of the company key financial indicators.
• Understanding of FEED, with strong relationships with FEED Consultants.
• Strong understanding of company's product offerings with similar background and
• Awareness and understanding of new technologies relating to the company's product
• Highly skilled in building relationships and business development activity.
• Arabic not essential, but would be preferable.
• Understand, read, write and speak English fluently.
• Computer literate and highly conversant in MS Office.
• Strategic Thinker
• Organization & Planning
• Critical Decision Making
The Company's product offerings are divided into three groups:
1. Mechanical Products and Equipment: Includes various types of valves, pumps, heat
exchangers and temperature control systems.
2. Instrumentation Products: Includes analyzers, flow meters, gauging measurement systems and
nuclear type of instrumentation.
3. Packaged Systems and Skids: Includes Chemical dosing skids, metering skids, water cooling
systems and water treatments systems.
The General Manager will provide leadership and direction to the Strategic Business Unit of
Trading and Development by developing the SBU's strategy to become a totally integrated
solutions provider by maintaining current business as well as developing new business through
introduction of technical specification of new products at pre-bid stage through FEED
consultants, and developing new solutions for clients in partnership with EPC contractors and
Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing broad organizational goals, objectives and strategies in accordance with
established mandate and corporate vision as agreed by the Board of Directors.
• Exercising the financial authority within the purview set by the Managing Director & Dy.
CEO and the Board of Directors.
• Maintaining the continuity and development of the company's business, and managing the
company in the most efficient, effective and profitable manner.
• Responsible for decision making, executing decisions and forward planning related to the accomplishment of company and corporate objectives, and the communication of corporate
Identifying potential growth areas for the company's business, by expanding the
product/services / solution portfolio of the company with new technological introductions,
through continuous product research, and through close relationships with suppliers, clients
and FEED Consultants.
• General Management of Human Resources, administration, development & control elements.
• Acting as the official public and brand representative of the organization, while safeguarding
the company's reputation, image and credibility.
• Exercising day-to-day functional control over the activities of the company, by directing and coordinating functional units in an integrated manner, establishing standards, measuring
performance and correcting the deviations from these standards and plans.
• Establishing an organization environment conducive to maximizing employee potential and
productivity and the retention of key personnel.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Holds P&L responsibility for the company.
• Strategic management of the business
• Responsible for the preparation and execution of the company's business plan
• Establishing KRAs (Key Results Areas) and monitoring performance
• Maintaining current business as well as developing new business
• Representing the company's brand in the market
• Leading a team of departmental heads and addressing any manpower issues
• Addressing any operational weaknesses and taking remedial action.
Similar Jobs to General Manager - Trading & Development
You will hold a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Law or a Business discipline, and have relevant experience as a contract advisor within the aviation, oil and gas, petrochemicals or other related industry. Work experience or exposure to typical corporate budgeting and staffing processes and Human Resource activities is desirable. You will also have worked on multimillion dollar contracts and have excellent English communication skills.
• Draft a wide range of contracts and initiates guidelines • Coordinate activities and provides technical expertise to assure the proper and timely development and/or maintenance and administration of contracts • Maintain conformity with the accepted corporate contracting policies and procedures, and meets the proponent technical/operational requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner • Process approximately 50 contracts and amendments simultaneously; with contract values often over $10 million, and some exceeding $50 million. • Directs and participates in the development of financial studies that establish feasibility for contract services, and evaluates for alternatives that may be technical, financial and/or procedural/administrative.
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Competitive depending on level of experienceA career with Saudi Aramco will see you provide the expertise that helps us to deliver against a vast range of marine challenges, from providing materials or offshore crew transportation and security to supporting drilling and production activities and berthing oil tankers. It’ll also let you enjoy a whole host of other exciting experiences. So, whether you want to progress your career on large-scale operations with a global leader in the energy industry, or explore a wealth of leisure activities – on your own, with colleagues or family – you can be sure a career with Saudi Aramco will allow you to do both.
Posted: Mon 17 Mar at 16:25 Expires: Fri 16 May at 16:25
Key qualifications for this position include: • A bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from an accredited university with minimum twenty (20) years of relevant experience in the oil/gas industry. • Must have familiarity with latest construction methods, modern project management techniques, and environmental engineering aspects. Requires specific knowledge in co-ordinating contract packages, constructability review, site plan management, tracking construction progress etc. • Work effectively with peers in a multi-disciplinary environment. • Good command of written and spoken English, Strong oral communication skills.
Key responsibilities of this position include: • Manage the construction during EPC in a manner that safely achieves a quality installation that meets performance parameters set out in the Statement of Requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by company. • Ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by EPC contractor, are in accordance with the respective Agreement with company. • Ensure compliance with company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by company. • Ensure that cost effective solutions in engineering design are adopted while maintaining quality, constructability, operability and maintainability. • Ensure that project is technically sound and optimally designed, engineered to appropriate standards and specifications, meeting required product specification and meeting HSE requirements • Monitor and audit the progress of work at site against the project schedule; report any delays and recommend actions to correct such delays. • Ensure that all construction activities are executed as per the project specifications. • Support the effort of resolving in the interface issues. • Review, verify and approve the construction progress reports. • Ensure compliance with company HSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to project area of responsibility. Perform work in a safe and environmentally sound manner. • Follow up with the EPC contractor the construction planning and progress on daily basis. • Provide on-site construction consultation during construction, pre-commissioning & commissioning stages.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedA very experienced and qualified Construction Manager required for Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Excellent salary package, including housing, transportation, health care and flights. Candidate must have 20 years (at least 5 being in the Middle East) as a Construction Manager, with experience in Civil, Buildings and Electrical.
Posted: Mon 24 Feb at 14:39 Expires: Fri 25 Apr at 14:39
Mechanical Engineering Back Ground, 10-15 years of experience
Status:- FamilyJob location:- Saudi Arabia. Job type:- Permanent/ EmploymentFamiliar with Saudi Aramco procedures & jobsLooking for someone to start ASAP.
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Not stated
An exciting position has become availble for an Operational manager, staff position Saudi...
Posted: Mon 24 Feb at 0:00 Expires: Fri 25 Apr at 0:00