General Manager - Trading & Development
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Candidates can apply for up to 150 jobs in 28 days.
The company is a subsidiary unit of a large holding company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is headquartered in Al-Khobar and has regional offices in Riyadh and Jeddah. The Company is engaged in trading and supply of industrial and commercial products to Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, utilities (power and Water) and infrastructure industry sectors within the GCC market, mainly in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Salary: On Application
Working Locations: Site, Office, International
Posted: 18/01/2012 15:00:00
Expires: 18/03/2012 15:00:00
Key RequirementsRequired Skills & Qualifications
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics) preferably with an MBA and specialization in General Management or a Graduate in any discipline with
• 12-15 years total experience of which 5-7 years must have been in a similar position with
reputed medium to large scale organization with P&L responsibility.
• Familiarity with ERP Environment.
• Strong Financial Acumen, with specific understanding of Financial Instruments, Documents
and management of the company key financial indicators.
• Understanding of FEED, with strong relationships with FEED Consultants.
• Strong understanding of company's product offerings with similar background and
• Awareness and understanding of new technologies relating to the company's product
• Highly skilled in building relationships and business development activity.
• Arabic not essential, but would be preferable.
• Understand, read, write and speak English fluently.
• Computer literate and highly conversant in MS Office.
• Strategic Thinker
• Organization & Planning
• Critical Decision Making
The Company's product offerings are divided into three groups:
1. Mechanical Products and Equipment: Includes various types of valves, pumps, heat
exchangers and temperature control systems.
2. Instrumentation Products: Includes analyzers, flow meters, gauging measurement systems and
nuclear type of instrumentation.
3. Packaged Systems and Skids: Includes Chemical dosing skids, metering skids, water cooling
systems and water treatments systems.
The General Manager will provide leadership and direction to the Strategic Business Unit of
Trading and Development by developing the SBU's strategy to become a totally integrated
solutions provider by maintaining current business as well as developing new business through
introduction of technical specification of new products at pre-bid stage through FEED
consultants, and developing new solutions for clients in partnership with EPC contractors and
Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing broad organizational goals, objectives and strategies in accordance with
established mandate and corporate vision as agreed by the Board of Directors.
• Exercising the financial authority within the purview set by the Managing Director & Dy.
CEO and the Board of Directors.
• Maintaining the continuity and development of the company's business, and managing the
company in the most efficient, effective and profitable manner.
• Responsible for decision making, executing decisions and forward planning related to the accomplishment of company and corporate objectives, and the communication of corporate
Identifying potential growth areas for the company's business, by expanding the
product/services / solution portfolio of the company with new technological introductions,
through continuous product research, and through close relationships with suppliers, clients
and FEED Consultants.
• General Management of Human Resources, administration, development & control elements.
• Acting as the official public and brand representative of the organization, while safeguarding
the company's reputation, image and credibility.
• Exercising day-to-day functional control over the activities of the company, by directing and coordinating functional units in an integrated manner, establishing standards, measuring
performance and correcting the deviations from these standards and plans.
• Establishing an organization environment conducive to maximizing employee potential and
productivity and the retention of key personnel.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Holds P&L responsibility for the company.
• Strategic management of the business
• Responsible for the preparation and execution of the company's business plan
• Establishing KRAs (Key Results Areas) and monitoring performance
• Maintaining current business as well as developing new business
• Representing the company's brand in the market
• Leading a team of departmental heads and addressing any manpower issues
• Addressing any operational weaknesses and taking remedial action.
Similar Jobs to General Manager - Trading & Development
Key qualifications for this position include: • A bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from an accredited university with minimum twenty (20) years of relevant experience in the oil/gas industry. • Must have familiarity with latest construction methods, modern project management techniques, and environmental engineering aspects. Requires specific knowledge in co-ordinating contract packages, constructability review, site plan management, tracking construction progress etc. • Work effectively with peers in a multi-disciplinary environment. • Good command of written and spoken English, Strong oral communication skills.
Key responsibilities of this position include: • Manage the construction during EPC in a manner that safely achieves a quality installation that meets performance parameters set out in the Statement of Requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by company. • Ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by EPC contractor, are in accordance with the respective Agreement with company. • Ensure compliance with company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by company. • Ensure that cost effective solutions in engineering design are adopted while maintaining quality, constructability, operability and maintainability. • Ensure that project is technically sound and optimally designed, engineered to appropriate standards and specifications, meeting required product specification and meeting HSE requirements • Monitor and audit the progress of work at site against the project schedule; report any delays and recommend actions to correct such delays. • Ensure that all construction activities are executed as per the project specifications. • Support the effort of resolving in the interface issues. • Review, verify and approve the construction progress reports. • Ensure compliance with company HSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to project area of responsibility. Perform work in a safe and environmentally sound manner. • Follow up with the EPC contractor the construction planning and progress on daily basis. • Provide on-site construction consultation during construction, pre-commissioning & commissioning stages.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedKey qualifications for this position include: • A bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from an accredited university with minimum twenty (20) years of relevant experience in the oil/gas industry. • Must have familiarity with latest construction methods, modern project management techniques, and environmental engineering aspects. Requires specific knowledge in co-ordinating contract packages, constructability review, site plan management, tracking construction progress etc. • Work effectively with peers in a multi-disciplinary environment. • Good command of written and spoken English, Strong oral communication skills.
Posted: Thu 05 Dec at 5:27 Expires: Mon 03 Feb at 5:27
LiveOffshore Installation Manager (OIM) International Drilling 28/28
You will need extensive experience working as an Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) in the offshore drilling sector and ideally this experience will come from Jack Ups and anyone with Cyber Jack up experience would be highly sought after. You will possess the BOSIET certification. We are looking for someone who has continuity in their previous employment and is looking for a long term role with our client.
There is a fantastic salary on offer (with taxes paid) with benefits included – healthcare, dental care, pension and bonus. If this role is of interest to you then please apply accordingly. Please note that the company are US based and are predominantly looking for US citizens as the Visa process is smoother for international operations.
Type: Staff / OffshoreSalary: Circa US$ 225K + Benefits + BonusLeading international offshore drilling contractor is looking to recruit for an experienced Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) to work on a new build cyber jack up for their international drilling operations. You will be working a 28/28 rotation. The Super A Class Cyber Rig has recently been newly built in Singapore and is heading towards international location working 28/28 for the role of OIM.
Posted: Wed 06 Nov at 10:47 Expires: Sun 05 Jan at 10:47