Instrument On the Job Trainer
Posted By:Orion Group
Orion Group are one of the world''s leading engineering recruitment agencies specialising in contract and permanent manpower for the majority of the world''s largest energy specialists. The group have 34 offices located internationally from Calgary and Houston to offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.www.orionjobs.com
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
Working Locations: International
Posted: 13/09/2012 11:00:00
Expires: 11/10/2012 11:00:00
83840 - Instrument On the Job Trainer
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Instrument On the Job Trainer, based in Oman.
- HND/ HNC / ONC / OND or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline and considerable field experience plus reasonable training experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Oil/Gas process & systems.
- A good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices.
- Self-motivated and is required to have strong leadership skills.
- Should be fully knowlegeable of HSE and process safety requirements.
- Fully computer literate, valid driving license, good communicator and organizer.
- Good team player.
- Training and Development skills (Train the Trainer Course)
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Good oral and written Technical English capability.
Skills & Experience
- To effectively implement the Operations Training and Development in line with company policy and Area team development needs.
- Asset related: Ensure all Training Resources - People, Facilities, Equipment, and Material are adequate & available when required
- Business Processes related: To ensure the successful gap filling of Competence Development & Assurance needs.
- To agree Key Performance Indicators & Strategy with Operations Readiness Team Leader Identify HSE Critical Roles and include in Operations Job Competency Profiles.
- Develop specific trainees and line staff development plans in line with the project HSE-MS
- Develop a Training Plan & Schedule, integrated into the Project Execution Plan
- Identify all potential risks to the success of the Training Plan, develop and implement effective mitigation plans
- Discipline Activities: Ensure the most appropriate Learning Interventions are adopted and quality of all training meets the Projects requirements Develop and Implement Learning Interventions to close Identified Competency Gaps Co-ordinate and communicate with EPC, Vendors, and other specialist contractors on all matters related to Company staff training and development.
- HSE related: Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks and guide the trainees on safe working practices. Proactively contribute to all HSE aspects in compliance with directorate HSE plan
- Accountable for ensuring implementation and adherence to the requirements of the HSE Management System.
- Ensure HSE and PTW systems are followed before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings.
- Ensure that HEMP requirement is understood by all trainees and line staff.
- Familiarize with the latest design methods and techniques e.g. SIL, HAZOP Design review is essential.
- Process safety related: Ensure Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM) are undertaken and executed.
- Challenges: Deployment of new technology based on the new projects within the area (e.g. EOR).
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 83840.
Similar Jobs to Instrument On the Job Trainer
LiveSenior Rotating Equipment Engineer
Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer Leap29 is currently looking for experienced Rotation Equipment Engineers for an excellent new opportunity in Oman with highly successful operating company. This a brilliant opportunity for skilled professionals who are looking for an international opportunity with prospect of working with well-established company and a great opportunity for career development. Key job responsibilities: *Provide technical support to operations and all engineering departments *Supervise junior rotation equipment engineer *Assist in root cause analysis *Provide repair services and advice on maintenance *Provide equipment inspection, investigates upgrades Key skills requirement: *Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering *Minimum 7 years' experience in Petrochemical Industry *Minimum 5 years' working knowledge of rotation equipment - large turbo machinery (gas turbine, centrifugal compressor) *Ability to troubleshoot, resolve equipment problems *Skills in performance monitoring If you want to take your career to the next level in a highly desirable location then this is the move for you. If you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience then please apply by following the relevant links provided.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedSenior Rotating Equipment Engineer Leap29 is currently looking for experienced Rotation Equipment Engineers for an excellent new opportunity in Oman with highly successful operati...
Posted: Wed 30 Jul at 7:00 Expires: Wed 27 Aug at 7:00
Plan and supervise all petrophysical data acquisition including wireline and MWD/LWD logs, core measurements, formation pressure measurements and production logging Log Evaluation: Log Data Acquisition, Editing and Interpretation of log data QA/QC procedures for log and core data Integrated analysis and reporting of all log, core and fluid data Supporting incorporation of log results into geologic and engineering models Perform petrophysical interpretation of operated and non-operated well data Support the exploration and production and development departments in preparation of data collection programs Magnetic Resonance – both LWD, wireline and multi-frequency multi-shell tool techniques. Borehole Image Processing and Analysis – LWD & Wireline methods. Maintenance of petrophysical databases Planning surveillance logging programs Selection and supervision of contract petrophysical support personnel Ensuring Logging Contractor quality of service, supervision and QC of wireline logging activities Mentoring of less experienced staff
We are not looking for a general petrophysicist but acquainted with fields of unconventional formation log interpretation, Russian log interpretation, image log interpretation! MSc degree in geology, geophysics, reservoir engineering or relevant science based educational curriculum 8 years experience of relevant discipline with considerable exposure to conventional and unconventional reservoirs Strong E&P company/consultancy experience in Petrophysics Strong knowledge in petrophysical analysis both single-well and field studies Knowledge of relevant Petrophysical software Fluent English (spoken and written)
Type: Staff or Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedParticipation in domestic and international exploration and filed development of the Company’s projects as a Petrophysicist. Acquiring, QCing and analyzing data from all available sources, including drilling operations, wireline logs, cores, specialized studies/research to produce integrated models of conventional and unconventional wells in the subsurface.
Posted: Thu 24 Jul at 13:37 Expires: Mon 22 Sep at 13:37