Add to Jobs Basket
You can apply for up to 10 jobs at once by adding them to your basket.
Candidates can apply for up to 150 jobs in 28 days.
BARGE MASTER TO COMMAND A HOOK UP / 300T CRANE/ 300MEN ACCOMMODATION BARGE IN NIGERIA
Salary: Best in offshore industry
Working Locations: Offshore
Posted: 04/10/2011 07:00:00
Expires: 01/11/2011 07:00:00
Key RequirementsWe are looking for Barge Masters with at least 10 years experience in offshore industry working with Oil Majors,
Must be a qualified barge master.
Rotation is 3 months on and 1 month...
Language: English / French
Job Type: one year contract, paid during on
Job DescriptionThe Barge Master is the over all incharge and responsible for the following :
• Ensure that the vessel is anchored safely at all times throughout the construction operations.
• Ensure that all the anchor handling activities are performed by qualified personnel and conducted according to approved procedures and good working practices.
• Delegate and assign the work to the barge crew.
• The Barge Master shall have ultimate responsibility for the anchor handling operations, ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe manner and without damage to any facilities or equipment.
• The Barge Master shall coordinate the anchor handling operations and instruct of the Anchor foreman, communicating and controlling the activities with the AHT Master Anchor Hoist Operators.
• The Barge Master will be competent in all aspects of barge moving, including anchor handling operation, towing, seaworthiness, navigation, appraisal of weather and passage plan,etc….
• He will be responsible for all aspects from the current position until the next location.
• Will, in conjunction with the clinet, responsible for ensuring that all marine operations are conducted in such a manner as to safeguard the integrity of all equipment, barge and vessels.
• Will be responsible for ensuring that all key personnel involved in the barge move receive a detailed briefing prior to the commencement of barge-move operations.
• Will plan regarding the tow route and passage plan, including monitoring the latest information on barge move positions or obstructions that may be in the vicinity along the tow route or the new location.
• Will approve the procedures, risks assessment, catenary calculation,….
• Shall ensure the barge is ready for tow by inspecting the following, including but not limited to: Sea fastenings - Winch and anchor systems -Tow wires and towing arrangements
• Will familiarize himself with details of the arrival location, water depth,
• Shall confirm that the correct position reference has been input into the survey display and that all personnel involved in the barge move (positioning operation) fully understand the target reference position.
• Will familiarize himself with the technical capability of the winch’s system and its components.
• Will be responsible for the correct deployment of anchors and anchor lines associated with the barge move operations and should ensure that the equipment provided is fit-for-purpose.
• Liaise with the client and office on all matters concerning the barge move.
Similar Jobs to Barge Master
LiveAnchor tower Operator
Must have up dated Medical Merlins Seaman's book with Tower roles listed
Experienced Tower Operator wanted for HWO Barge Dammam. Immediate start Contat to go to October 2013 and more than likely longer. Future work will be guaranteed subject to work carried out on this Hitch. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAV'NT GOT ANCHOR TOWER EXPERIENCE.
Type: Long Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: $500 per day for 100 days straight rotation
Experienced Anchor Tower Operator Minimum 3 years experience
Posted: Sun 19 May at 14:59 Expires: Sun 26 May at 14:59
5+ years Barge Engineer experience previous jack-up rig experience essential previous cyber rig experience preferable but not essential previous North Sea experience prerfable
A barge engineer must have knowledge of moving rigs, stability of the rigs, able to manage the deck loads, variable deck loads (VDL), and deck crews. Must have worked on drilling rigs. This is a full time permanent role with 28/28 rotation in Singapore until October, and 3/3 rotation there after in the North Sea.
Type: Staff / OffshoreSalary: On Application - 3/3 rotation - North Sea
My client are looking for a Barge Engineer for their cyber jack-up rig offshore in the North Sea. The role will initially be out of a shipyard in Singapore on a 28/28 rotation. In October you will transfer to the North Sea to work a 3/3 rotation. The rigs are cyber jack-ups.
Posted: Thu 16 May at 15:45 Expires: Mon 15 Jul at 15:45
LiveProject Manager(Diving Ops)
Qualified supervisor in operative discipline, e.g. Diving Supervisor, Offshore Project Manager. Relevant offshore experience in a sub-sea related discipline Proven understanding and ability to apply offshore engineering principles Proven ability to apply commercial awareness to activities undertaken Ability to manage and motivate large teams of personnel Ability to co-ordinate a multi-operation project Ability to communicate effectively and with confidence across all levels of personnel Ability to make decisions, manage change, problem solve and conduct risk assessments Current offshore medical, survival and safety
For acting as the primary point of contact for the client and offshore project manager For the day to day co-ordination of projects and offshore support For ensuring adherence to formalised budgets and prompt notification to the operations manager of any discrepancies or failing that arise For liasing with the offshore project manager regarding investigating and processing all accidents/incidents and near misses For communicating fully to the appropriate offshore personnel on all appropriate issues concerning the project scope of work For delegation of responsibility in accordance with company procedures, when appropriate For the safe, efficient and timely running of all aspects of the project For ensuring compliance with appropriate legislation and guidelines For adhering to the contractual aspects of the project and ensuring the protection of the company’s interest For ensuring the work is performed with adequate equipment and personnel For ensuring, on completion of project, that the client is forwarded the means to provide feedback on performance For ensuring client feedback is collated and discussed at project close out meeting
Type: Staff or Contract / Site, Office, Offshore, InternationalSalary: Neg
The Project Manager has overall control of the company’s projects onshore. The Project Manager will provide expertise during preparatory phases of projects, ensure projects are performed safely and efficiently, seek opportunities to generate business and assist project teams and the safety department as required.
Posted: Thu 16 May at 13:47 Expires: Mon 15 Jul at 13:47
LiveProject Engineer(Diving Ops)
Engineering degree, a lesser qualification may be accepted where it is supported by relevant experience Previous engineering experience including working in a field directly relevant to the company’s activities Current offshore medical, survival and safety
For the procurement of project materials required to carry out the project scope of work For advising the Vessel/Project personnel on board on all aspects of the project For the completion of designs, procedures, drawings and specification according to schedules For the co-ordination of the project site For liasing with the client, subcontractors and suppliersFor co-ordination vessel mobilisations and de-mobilisations For producing and distributing the project workpack For the safe and smooth running of all project specific activities both onshore and offshoreFor ensuring good communications between all project staff and marine crew For ensuring project procedures are followed and where required the Management of Change and Task Risk Assessments system adhered to.For ensuring project equipment is supplied and used correctly by competent personnel
Type: Staff or Contract / Site, Office, Offshore, InternationalSalary: Neg
The Project Engineer is responsible for all project specific activities both onshore and offshore. This includes completion of procedures, drawings, equipment and other project documentation as advised by the project manager. Advising vessel and project personnel on all project aspects and co-ordinating all project documentation and activities.
Posted: Thu 16 May at 13:39 Expires: Mon 15 Jul at 13:39
Seaman 's book Current medical BOSIET Please only apply if you have 5 years experience has an Anchor Foreman and available for the 24/5/2013
Skills Required : • High school or equivalent • Good standard of English • All offshore safety training requirements • Should have minimum 6 years experience as Anchor Operator with Offshore Barges • Must have experience working in offshore construction Job Description : 1. Responsible for preparing anchors, buoys, pennant wires and damage prevention buoys during barge mobilization. 2. Responsible for checking the barge mooring system i.e. anchor winches and anchor wires and report findings to the Barge Foreman. 3. In charge of the tower operation, running anchors and the movement of the barge on its anchors 4. Responsible for planning and plotting anchor positions in accordance with the approved anchor pattern or without it when anchor pattern is not available. 5. Assisting Barge Foreman in setting up the barge on work location. 6. Make a frequent check on anchor buoys and pennant wires and position of anchors when barge is operational. 7. Assist the Barge Foreman with the deck activities whenever there is no anchor running activities.
Type: Long Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: Open
Barge Anchor foreman Saudi
Posted: Mon 13 May at 17:08 Expires: Fri 12 Jul at 17:08