You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Base Manager for a Deep Sea Oil & Gas Logistics facility. The requirementis someone with extensive Logistics experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 01/06/2012 14:00:00
Expires: 29/06/2012 14:00:00
Job DescriptionOur Client provides a Logistic base for deepwater, Offshore Oil & Gas Operations
They are expanding their team and are looking for an experienced Base Manager to join them.
Minimum 10 yrs in the offshore oil and gas support/logistics environment
Good experience in contract administration
Good knowledge of marine and aviation matters
Good knowledge of logistics scheduling and planning
Good knowledge of International Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
Experience with international shipping tendering, marketing and administration
Good experience in financial management
Good communication and presentation skills in English
Good people management skills
Strong Leadership and Mentoring Skills
Able to interact and negotiate with Senior Managers in multinational companies
Able to enforce best practice in the Company through encouragement and zero tolerance
Familiar with Nigerian / African environments
Overall operational management of our clients Logistics and Engineering Base:
• Planning strategic direction of the company and its service offering
• Provision of Logistics Services including management of:-
o Shared services amongst clients
o Harbour/quay activities
o Ship and rig repair
o Offloading and loading of cargo / personnel from vessels and helicopters
o Reconciliation of bulk supply to vessels and offshore facilities
o Open and under cover storage facilities + Stock and materials control
o Hazardous and non-hazardous Waste
o Maintenance of plant and equipment
o Selection and management of sub-contractors
• Liaising with and marketing to current and potential clients
• Generation of new business lines
• Base Administrative and Corporate Governance set-up
• Contract management
• Compile annual budget / Cost control and income monitoring
• HSEQ(Health, Safety, Environment and Quality)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Engineering.
Similar Jobs to Base Manager
LiveStrategic Advisor - Production Operations Manager (Operator – 12 Week Contract) OGP/WS/1288
The successful candidate will have: • A degree in a geoscience related or Engineering subject essential. MSc/PhD in Petroleum/Production Engineering highly desired. • A minimum of 15 years oil industry experience with a broad working background in Production engineering/operations essential. Must have strong hands on/logistics experience. • Experienced in workovers, fracking, casing replacement, equipment maintenance (management), measurement, pipeline essential. • Experience of using a variety of Lift Mechanisms essential - e.g. Primary Drive, Water injection, Gas Lift and Artificial Lift. • Flow assurance capability desired. • Proven experience across production and development operations essential. • Previous experience working onshore assets essential. • Previous experience working in Niger Delta region highly desired. • Experience in a similar senior level advisory role highly desired. • An assertive / diplomatic inpidual who is extremely organise with the ability to provide effective leadership and good project management. • Strong technical and commercial acumen – can evaluate production operational plans at a technical and strategic level and advise essential. • Proven experience of Production engineering/operations software highly desired. • Previous experience working on revitalising mature fields highly desired. • Personality and confidence to build trusting relationships across the Company, operator, and suppliers. • Ability and willingness to mentor and support more junior level staff. • Willingness to travel as required.
This is an office position for a senior experienced person to coordinate production operations e.g. workovers, fracking, casing replacement, equipment maintenance (management), measurement, pipeline. The Company use a variety of Lift Mechanisms (e.g. Primary Drive, Water injection, Gas Lift and Artificial Lift). Copyright © Working Smart 2014 WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.
Type: Long Term Contract / Site, Office, InternationalSalary: Senior level executive Day Rates are on offer. The Company will arrange all travel and accommodation.Working on contract for approximately 12-14 weeks in Nigeria for one of Africa’s largest integrated energy service providers…you will provide a high level of Production Operations advice; coordinate production operations; provide leadership, coaching and production engineering/operations direction.... This is a senior level strategic position, and applicants are invited with a broad Production operations background, 15 years oil and gas experience...It is estimated that there will be 2-3 trips to Lagos. Senior level executive Day Rates are on offer....
Posted: Wed 16 Jul at 16:25 Expires: Sun 14 Sep at 16:25
Qualifications- Graduate Engineer, with at least 20-25 years post graduate professional experience in the Hydrocarbon Processing Engineering and Construction Industry.- Past experience as project manager of a greenfield refinery or petrochemical project, or similar facility.- Fluent in English Language.- Must be permanent employee of Sponsoring Company.- Must be comfortable in appearance before the Public, Press and Government Agencies. Reporting Line- Reports to Owner’s Representative Location - Permanently located in Lagos Project Office, but will travel to Contractor’s offices and vendors’ facilities as may be required and approved by OR. DurationFrom initiation of Detailed Engineering Design to Provisional Acceptance of the Refinery and Petrochemical Plant
- Supervises Process Engineering Design Coordinator, Mechanical Engineering Design Coordinator, Electrical Engineering Design Coordinator, Instrumentation Design Coordinator, Civil Engineering Design Coordinator, Construction & Erection Coordinator, Procurement Coordinator and Project Control Coordinator.- Approves reimbursable expense reports by Contractor, and recommends same for payment by OR.- Approves all work schedules and programs and recommends variations, if any, to OR for approval, where justifiable. - Prepares regular progress and other reports on monthly, or shorter periodicity for OR.- Accompanies OR to Board Meetings, if required to present reports on the project.- Performs other duties as may from time to time be delegated by OR.vQualifications- Graduate Engineer, with at least 20-25 years post graduate professional experience in the Hydrocarbon Processing Engineering and Construction Industry.- Past experience as project manager of a greenfield refinery or petrochemical project, or similar facility.- Fluent in English Language.- Must be permanent employee of Sponsoring Company.- Must be comfortable in appearance before the Public, Press and Government Agencies. Reporting Line- Reports to Owner’s Representative Location - Permanently located in Lagos Project Office, but will travel to Contractor’s offices and vendors’ facilities as may be required and approved by OR. DurationFrom initiation of Detailed Engineering Design to Provisional Acceptance of the Refinery and Petrochemical Plant
Type: Long Term Contract / Office, SiteSalary: Not statedFull responsibility for coordination of the monitoring, review, checking and approval of all technical and technological execution of the work on day-to-day and routine basis under the due delegation of authority for same under the contract with the EPCM Contractor by the Owner’s Representative (OR). As such, he is the Owner’s Engineer.
Posted: Wed 18 Jun at 0:00 Expires: Sun 17 Aug at 0:00