LiveMining Geotechnical Engineer
Our client is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to provide geotechnical support within the Ground & Mining Engineering Group. This position is based in South Africa.
The successful candidate will provide support to our Senior Engineers, assisting with both office and site based civil and geotechnical engineering work primarily in various Mining fields. The work will primarily include civil and geotechnical engineering design, on-site supervision of geotechnical investigations, ayou will support the team on Both South African and International projects.
The key responsibilities of the Geotechnical Engineer will include:
* Provide technical support to Senior Engineers on both office and site-based civil and geotechnical work;
* Produce geotechnical calculations for slope stability and foundations;
* Project based travel and site work, working away both in the SA and overseas. The frequency and duration of this will depend on business and client need.Liaise with graphics team and produce engineering design drawings;
* Provide site supervision for ground investigation, borehole installation and logging;
* Provide CQA supervision for construction works;
* Finite element and analytical modelling using SlopeW and FLAC software
* Write technical reports;
* Communicate effectively and liaise with clients and subcontractors;
* Collaborate with members of the Ground Engineering Service Group, and other multi-disciplinary teams within the company to assist with the effective delivery of projects;
* Support Project Managers/Directors in business development, proposals and administrative tasks;
* Develop and maintain good relationships with new and existing clients and represent Golder appropriately and effectively on site;
* Actively participate in the development of budgets and plans for projects, while developing an understanding of budgetary control;
* Display a 'safety first' attitude in line with an interdependent health and safety culture, promoting positive health and safety, raising safety issues through the appropriate channels and adhering to our health and safety policy and procedures;
* Act in the spirit of our values, adhering to the Code of Conduct at all times and raise concerns as appropriate. Regularly familiarise self with the Code of Conduct and how it is applicable to own role/position within the company;
* Ensure actions and behaviours are aligned to Golder's Equality Policy at all times.
This role will provide an experienced Geotechnical Engineer with a fantastic opportunity to join a busy team working on interesting and varied projects both in the UK and international locations. Our client would like to attract applications from inpiduals with the following essential criteria:
* Bachelor degree in Civil / Geotechnical Engineering;
* Experience in civil/geotechnical engineering and design;
* Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision;
* Understanding of engineering drawings and the ability to interpret CAD drawings;
* Experience of working on site;
* Geotechnical modelling skills such as using Slope/W software;
* Experience of ground investigation data collection and interpretation;
* Strong technical writing skills;
* Enthusiasm for the industry and commitment to continuing professional development (CPD);
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (in English);
* Flexible attitude to work, always willing to learn new aspects of the role and develop new skills;
* Good attention to detail and levels of accuracy;
* Excellent time management and organisational skills;
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word);
* Full Driving Licence; and
* Willingness and ability to travel and work away from home, both in the SA and internationally.
Desirable skills and qualifications include:
* MSc. or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering;
* Numerical modelling skills such as using FLAC or other modelling tools;
* Engineering drawing skills such as using AutoCAD software; and
* Additional language skills (e.g. French, Spanish).
We are an employee-owned, global organisation providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and energy through technical excellence, innovative solutions and award winning client service. Today, our clients represent the world's major industries and drivers of development: Oil and Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, Power, and Urban Development and Infrastructure.
Employee owned, we have more than 6,500 people operating from 165 offices worldwide deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed..
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £40 - £50000 per annumOur client is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to provide geotechnical support within the Ground & Mining Engineering Group. This position is based in South Africa.The successfu...
Posted: Mon 18 Jul at 9:00 Expires: Mon 01 Aug at 9:00
La mission est proposée en pré embauche, c'est-à-dire environ 9 mois de prestation débouchant sur un CDI directement chez mon client
Lieu de mission : Bretagne (56)
Début : ASAP
Mission : définition des gammes d'équipements, essais, traitement des équipements, etc
Ingénieur process/procédés ou géologue de formation avec une bonne expérience dans le secteur des minerai
Poste ouvert aux profils expérimentés comme juniors
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: compétitifProgressive GE recherche actuellement pour un de ses clients, un ingénieur process/procédés pour travailler sur des équipements miniers
Posted: Tue 28 Jun at 18:00 Expires: Tue 26 Jul at 18:00
Live2 X Geo's Required
Oasis Montaj software
I am looking for two geophysicists experienced with Oasis Montaj software for a project starting in Sweden in early June for approx. 1 month. Core Sample Analysis, this software is for magnetometer surveys, not geotechnical.
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: NEGI am looking for two geophysicists
Posted: Wed 25 May at 11:59 Expires: Sun 24 Jul at 11:59
View Archived Jobs
You are currently viewing live Geoscience Jobs.