Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted By:Orion Group
Orion Group are one of the world''s leading engineering recruitment agencies specialising in contract and permanent manpower for the majority of the world''s largest energy specialists. The group have 34 offices located internationally from Calgary and Houston to offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.www.orionjobs.com
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is seeking an operations experienced Electrical Engineer to fill a critical vacancy. The successful applicant will serve as focal point for electrical systems related activities for this substantial site. The role provides expert technical advice and support to Operations and Maintenance on a day to day basis. The position reports to the Instrument Control and Electrical Team Leader within the Engineering Department.
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 21/01/2012 01:00:00
Expires: 18/02/2012 01:00:00
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
As Senior Electrical Engineer, your main responsibilities will include;
Technical assurance for Management of Change (MOC) of electrical systems. The post holder is the senior Discipline Responsible Engineer with respect to electrical power generation, control and distribution systems, including review of proposed modifications and design input to utility planning for infrastructure improvements. The role provides a significant degree of coaching and mentoring to other staff in support of the overall health of the discipline for the region.
Job responsibilities include technical assurance for integrity management of electrical systems, ad hoc support to site-based staff, project management for minor electrical improvements and supervision of electrical installation contractors, specification of new equipment for procurement, including verification of quality assurance methods, functional performance testing and equipment certification. The role supports activity/turnaround planning with respect to electrical maintenance, inspection, testing and modifications.
* Coach and mentor engineers, drive the development of the electrical engineering organizational capability within the region.
* Lead electrical discipline work scopes, engineering queries (EQs), and MOCs for the asset in all operating areas (process, non-process and waste operations).
* Deliver discipline-specific support to the asset in resolving operations, maintenance, and techincal integrity issues
* Provide assurance for Safety-Critical Equipment maintenance and oversight of hazardous area Ex inspection programme
* Oversee engineering feasibility studies for minor electrical projects
* Liaison with Small Projects, provide constructive feedback for scope development and critical/independent review of detailed design packages
* Communicate design expectations and site implementation standards to Projects teams; Share lessons learned with Projects and with regional/global ICE CoPs.
* Provide Operations input to Major Projects regarding electrical systems design
* Manage all deliverables from electrical engineering contractors and suppliers
* Provide input to hazard identification and risk assessments for proposed changes
* Lead or support incident investigations and RCFA involving electrical equipment.
* Ensure that relevant Engineering Technical Practices (ETPs), codes, standards, design guidelines and regulations relevant to electrical systems are correctly interpreted and applied
* Carry out gap assessments against ETPs and raise formal deviations where non- conformance is identified; Establish and implements action plans to close gaps
* Collaborate with specialists and engineers of all disciplines
This is a contract position.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81217.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operating in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.
Similar Jobs to Senior Electrical Engineer
BSC Degree in Electrical Engineering. EXPERIENCE Min 3 years’ experience as an Electrical Estimator in the Construction Industry3 years as an Electrical Estimator in EPC Sector of the Oil and Gas Industry SKILLS/TRAINING Ability to speak, read and write at a high level in English To have good computer skills (Word, Excel) High Level Excel skills Primavera and MS Project Experience Estimating Software training.
• Ensure all risk assessments for each job site are conducted in accordance following procedures and specific client requirements
• Ensure all HSEQ documentation is prepared and provided to inpiduals carrying out work activities
• Carry out work activities in accordance with all HSEQ requirements and procedures
• Carry out personal risk assessments and any other health and safety requirements to ensure personal safety
• Conduct yourself in a safe manner and in a manner to protect the safety of others
• Evaluate tender documentation and establish scope of works for the compilation of a comprehensive client proposal.
• Obtain competitive quotations from various suppliers to ensure company remains competitive.
• Design electrical installation for client and produce electrical drawings to suit client requirements then provide proposal to suit design.
• Identify any contractual conditions from client which would impact financially on company and highlight these to operations manager prior to submitting company proposal.
• Identify and implement improvements in company estimating or design or engineering processes, liaise with operations manager and supervisors in event of contract award for submitted tenders.
• Visit clients/customers sites as required to provide suitable proposals for their requirements also advise on current electrical standards and regulations.
• Ensuring enquiries are logged to comply with company QA System.
• Logging incoming enquiries and informing Operations Manager of new enquiries.
• Providing control of estimating drawings or documents for proposals and filing them according to company procedures.
• Ensure timely preparation of tenders and design documentation.
• Ensure ongoing jobs files are prepared and accessible for Operations Manager/Department Managers and Accounting Department.
• Attend contract award meetings; kick off meetings as required by Operations Manager.
• Answer tender clarifications from clients in timely and efficient manner. To ensure company complies with tender requirements.
• Submit bills of quantities, schedule of rates and labour rates as required to clients.
• Assist Operations Manager in running of the operations department.
• Sending regular updates to operations manager regarding possible contract awards and departmental concerns.
• Reviewing and updating proposals as required by client.
City & Guilds Technician Certificate, ONC,HNC, Diploma or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
Type: Staff Positions / Office, SiteSalary: Not statedLeading service provider based in Baku, Azerbaijan is looking to recruit for an experienced Electrical Estimator.
Posted: Mon 30 Jun at 0:00 Expires: Fri 29 Aug at 0:00
LiveSenior Electrical Engineer
Degree or HND Diploma level qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent diploma required.
10 years Electrical Engineering Experience On site experience would be an advantage.
Oil and Gas Experience would be advantage.
Design Experience would be an advantage.
• Sound technical knowledge of commercial electrical systems and equipment i.e. HV systems, LV systems, Emergency generator, UPS systems, lighting control systems, earthing and lightning protection, fire alarm systems, PA system, CCTV systems, Access control system, IT systems
• Good written and verbal communication skills in Azerbaijani/ Russian & English
• Mentoring Skills, coaching Azerbaijani Engineers.
• Team player, good interpersonal skills.
• Creative, hard working and motivated.
• Customer focus skills. • Electrical Design experience an advantage.
• Capable of delivering against agreed milestones and targets.
• HS&E Training.
• BOSIET / Offshore Survival Training would be advantage.
• Report to MEP Manager/ Project Manager
• Main project focal point for all Electrical Issues
• Management of sub-contractors / vendors
• Follow Electrical System Testing and Commissioning procedures
• Checking and evaluation of design deliverables
• Checking of design documents, specifications, design drawings and raise technical queries as necessary
• Review of vendor documentation and undertake package engineering
• Be commercially aware
• Be a focal point for assigned projects & has a good understanding of the project scope
Type: Long Term Contract / Office, SiteSalary: Not statedThe Senior Electrical Engineer shall be office/ site based in Baku as determined by the line manager. Project/ site based Senior Engineers shall report directly to the Project Manager. Key responsibilities shall include, preparation and checking of material submissions, review and comment on Electrical Shop Drawings, review and comment on Electrical Method Statements, technically and commercially review vendor quotations, liaise with suppliers with respect to material deliveries, manage sub-contractors, manage junior engineers, monitor and evaluate works on site.
Posted: Wed 28 May at 0:00 Expires: Sun 27 Jul at 0:00