GIS Expert based in Austria
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Candidates can apply for up to 150 jobs in 28 days.
The GIS Expert shall have a minimum of 3 years relevant GIS experience preferably to the pipeline industry or oil and gas industry. The role requires sound GIS skills. The ability to identify problems and deliver solutions through effective communication and technical skills is the pivotal attribute.
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 04/05/2012 20:00:00
Expires: 03/07/2012 20:00:00
• Familiar with GIS / ROW engineering works of natural gas pipelines and related soft-wares.
• Confident with and have good written and oral communication skills in English.
• Willing to learn and have the ability to work effectively under pressure - working to deadlines and be able to prioritise workload.
• Highly self-motivated, have good working attitude with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
• Having team spirit and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
Interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people of all levels and teamwork.
Job DescriptionCoberon Chronos Consulting's client is a leading engineering multinational responsible for one of the largest energy infrastructure projects in Central and Eastern Europe.GIS handling and administration of project documents produced by the Owner’s Engineer (OE) and Local FEED Engineers (LFEs) and later by the Construction Contractor at stages of both Front End Engineering Design and Construction of Cross Country Natural Gas Pipeline (EU Countries Section only) as per ASME B31.8 and/or EN 1594 and API standards.
• Provide high quality technical support in GIS discipline in respect to Right of Way (ROW) engineering activities to technical PMT at project FEED and construction phase.
• Supervise the quality of the GIS activities related to Right of Way (ROW) engineering within the following areas;
- All design activities pertinent to ROW discipline
- Analysis and methods
• Ensure that the OE and LFEs are implementing their duties properly related to GIS Model as described in their SOW covering;
- Route design
- Constraint mapping
- Project standard technical sheets and drawings
- Geo-referenced raster images with different scales and 3d topographical model
• Ensure that the relevant design rules and procedures are complied with project applicable standards.
• Ensure that the relevant construction activities are complied with project applicable standards
• Develop and co-ordinate the works in GIS discipline.
• Liaison with respective engineer(s) of Owner’s Engineer (OE), Local FEED Engineers (LFEs) and Construction Contractors, exchange of views and co-operate in GIS related matters.
• Review OE and LFEs and construction contractor’s project deliverables (route arrangement drawings, route maps, alignment sheets, as built setc.) related to ROW engineering discipline.
• Monitor technical performance / competence / progress of Engineering Companies and Construction
• Develop, maintain, consolidate and use, as required, engineering softwares related to GIS / ROW engineering discipline.
• Consolidate Company’s experience in GIS / ROW engineering discipline
Similar Jobs to GIS Expert based in Austria
LiveSoftware Programmer Analyst and Systems Design
• Interpersonal: Capacity to develop good working relationships with superiors & work colleagues within the organization. • Problem Solving: Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations. Perform a variety of systems analysis duties in the development, implementation and support of information systems. • Self Management: Able to adjust priorities in a changing work environment. Must be able to work without direct supervision. • Communication: Excellent communication skills are required to function in this multi-cultural environment. • Technical: Technical proficiency in relevant languages and development tools. Thorough understanding of structured programming principles, system analysis techniques, system design, industry standard testing principles, system implementation, user training and follow-up. • Ability to work effectively with all types of people at all levels of the organization, both within and outside the I.T. Division. Academics Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field with one or more courses in current technology. • Industry Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): SQL Server 2012 or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Platform. • High Proficiency in spoken & written English.
• Design, program and test application systems using Company standard application development tools and procedures. • Assist in the development of user guides and manuals for system users. • Assist in training users as needed. • Analyse user information system needs. Document the functionality and requirements. Recommend solutions and appropriate technology to meet client needs. • Design, develop, test and install system interface programs. • Conducts thorough problem analysis in regard to technical system and application programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives. • Design and implement user interfaces for databases (SQL, Oracle, etc.) that allow users to solicit, store, edit, and
Posted: Thu 17 Apr at 9:09 Expires: Thu 01 May at 9:09
LiveIT help desk
IT Help Desk professional - Netherlands Are you looking for an excellent opportunity within the oil & gas sector? Are you somebody who can make an impact within a team and lead others? Leap29 are urgently looking for a IT Help Desk professional to work in The Netherlands on a 12- 18 month contract. Our client is a rapidly growing Engineering business within the oil & gas sector that operates across the North Sea region and specializes in offshore projects (from the office). Our client requires the ideal candidate to start immediately and rates are dependent upon experience. In the IT Help Desk role you would be responsible for the following: *You will be handling calls: analysing, recording and monitoring *You will be responsible for handling the helpdesk *You will be call handling on primary location (plant / faults) *Will execute IT related works at office; Installation / update software on PCs / Laptops *You will be responsible for handling configuration management and handling necessary documentation *You will execute hardware inventory and handle print management *Be responsible for user account management *Run daily checklists Required experience *MBO IT+ related IT competences in support Microsoft Certification *ITIL If you are looking for an exciting new challenge in a leading international company, with excellent scope for career prospects and personal development, then this could be the role for you! Please apply immediately. Applications should be sent to the address provided
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedIT Help Desk professional - Netherlands Are you looking for an excellent opportunity within the oil & gas sector? Are you somebody who can make an impact within a team and le...
Posted: Wed 16 Apr at 9:00 Expires: Wed 14 May at 9:00
LiveDCS / PLC / SCADA Supervisor
• 10 or more years experience in oil and gas industry in the mentioned position; • Bachelor degree in electric or electronics, or computer science, mathematic, IT engineer. • Good knowledge and skill in software Front Office applications; • Knowledge of engineering specifications, equipment functions/operating modes and rules of company’s equipment operation. • Preferably have basic knowledge of standards i.e. API, NACE, ASME etc and working in pS hazardous areas
• Ensure the reliability and integrity of the systems hardware, software, networks through execution of system procedures, maintenance strategies. • Emergency corrective maintenance and Operation support • Play a leading role in troubleshooting and analysis of SCADA & PLC hardware and software problems. • Execute, and contribute to specific procedures, work instructions, work plans, inspection and testing schedules within the SCADA systems. • Execute and contribute to Maintenance Strategies and Procedures for Facilities in compliance with RoK and company Standards. • Supervise SAP Preventative and Corrective Maintenance, including Campaign programs, in order to ensure Integrity, Safe and Reliable Operation and maximum Availability of the facilities. • Ensure that Work Orders are prepared in SAP for all related Maintenance Activities, including Isolation Procedures and Job Safety Analysis, where appropriate. • Technical ability to read technical, electronic drawings as well as P&I • Advanced Boolean logic knowledge • Knowledge of principles of industrial instrumentation • Knowledge of system theory. • Expert on main PLC software (Allen Bradely: RS Logix 500/5000 and Siemens step 5/7. • Expert on main PLC Network and communication protocols (Modbus, profibus, Ethernet, MPI, Control net). • Knowledge and well acquainted of main operator panels software management (Allen Bradley, Siemens). • Knowledge of main HMI/SCADA/SUPERVISOR software (RS view32, winCC prof, wonderware Intouch). • Knowledge of DCS philosophy and experiences with some DCS (ABB, Honewell, Invensys). • Assist and support the Company achievement ad targets. • Track materials and resources in order to develop plans and reports. • Identify areas where improvement can be achieved. • Carry on system troubleshooting, corrective actions and preventive maintenance. • Track purchase requests and purchase orders, identify priority purchase orders, liaise with expediting staff and inform end users of potential delays. • Actively participate in the challenge process of the whole maintenance department. • Well knowledge on how to manage problems related to the industrial automation and prompthly identify if the source of the problem is the field or the software. • Ability and well aquainted on installation, reinstallation application on PLC and DCS.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: 610 GBP/ 730 Eur/ 945 USDResponsible for the proper corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance activities on DCS, PLC and SCADAS systems.
Posted: Wed 16 Apr at 8:46 Expires: Wed 23 Apr at 8:46
LiveTechnical Author - Oil & Gas
Technical Author - Oil & Gas I am very pleased to announce that Leap29 is looking for a Technical Author to work for our client Gloucestershire Our client is a leading oil and gas service company with operations through the world. They are looking for a candidate to join their fast pace and exciting environment. This is a fantastic chance to gain experience and skills from a true market leader. The role will require the successful candidate to take complex technical information and explain it clearly for the appropriate audience using text and diagrams as required., other duties include: *Updating, editing and maintaining operational and maintenance material *Manage review cycles and incorporate review comments *Ensure documents comply with corporate standards Ensure current policies, processes and standards are followed Our client is looking for EU nationals with strong technical writing skills that have the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate content for a wide range of users including users whose first language is not English, other important attributes and experience include: *Enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated *Ability to work to tight deadlines *Motivated to work both unsupervised and as part of a project team *Excellent technical writing skills *Strong team player *Excellent writing and verbal communication skills Package includes: *Excellent monthly salary *Accommodation provided *Rotational tickets or monthly cash equivalent *Medical Insurance *Life and Personal accident Insurance *Annual bonus scheme (subject to government's approval) *Food provided whilst at work *Transport provided to and from work Don't miss out… Apply today !
Type: Long Term Contract / InternationalSalary: £2000 - £3000 per month + BenefitsTechnical Author - Oil & Gas I am very pleased to announce that Leap29 is looking for a Technical Author to work for our client Gloucestershire Our client is a leading oil...
Posted: Wed 16 Apr at 7:00 Expires: Wed 14 May at 7:00
LiveSenior SAP Project Manager - Switzerland
Role: Senior SAP Project Manager
Contract Length: 6 months
Montash have been engaged by a Global FMCG Client to source and secure a Senior SAP Project Manager. The Senior SAP Project Manager will be working on the set up and performance improvement of SAP BW reports and SAP ERP 6.0. The Senior SAP Project Manager will need a strong professional background within a global organisation, working on SAP ERP 6.0 and SAP BW.
The SAP Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Take the lead in the reporting and planning improvements, in line with the existing business strategy
- Take ownership of the programme; operate to budget, on time and regularly report on progress
- Improve the set-up and performance of SAP ERP 6.0 and SAP BW reports
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent Senior Project Management experience with a focus on FMCG
- Solid background within Global organisations
- Solid understanding of Business Controlling and Planning needs
- Excellent knowledge of SAP 6.0 ECC and SAP BW
- German language skills would be useful
- Excellent stakeholder management / engagement skills
This is an urgent requirement for a Senior SAP Project Manager to join a Global FMCG Company, please submit your CV for a confidential conversation.
Key Skills: "SAP" / "SAP BW" / "SAP ERP" / "SAP 6.0 ECC" / "Project Manager" / "ERP" /
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: €80 - €85 per hour + negotiableRole: Senior SAP Project Manager Location: Switzerland Contract Length: 6 months Start: ASAP Montash have been engaged by a Global FMCG Client to source and secure a Senior SAP Pro...
Posted: Tue 15 Apr at 19:00 Expires: Tue 22 Apr at 19:00