Senior Instrument & Control Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
**URGENT** Fantastic Opportunity for a Senior Instrument & Control Engineer to work in the UAE for a global leading Oil & Gas Services company
Location: United Arab Emirates
Working Locations: Site, Office, International
Posted: 02/10/2013 09:23:00
Expires: 30/10/2013 09:23:00
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Instrument Engineering with at least 8 to 12 years of related experience preferable from a background in working for organizations in EPC for the Oil and Gas Industry. Added advantage will be a solid experience in the construction and operational side of engineering.
• Experience working in building services, housing developments, hospitals, high rise buildings, military buildings or service developments will NOT count as part of experience required.
• Operational experience in an Oil and Gas refining facility is advantageous
• Construction experience in and Oil and Gas construction works is advantageous
• Experience in electrical generation plants is vital
• Preparing of all proposal documentation, detail design, engineering, and preparation of all ICSS and instrumentation documentation and interface required to execute project successfully.
• Supervise a team of Instrumentation engineers and designers in carrying out detailed engineering for projects as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review project specifications and standards. Process Data Sheets (PDS), Piping Material Specifications (PMS), Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, and other relevant documents. Identify discrepancies and deviations from original scope by use of technical queries (TQ’s) and Design Change Notifications (DCN’s).
• Complete scope of work, within budgeted man hours and time schedules, development of equipment and material specifications and data sheets, Instrument Index, Input & Output Lists, Bill of Quantities, Block Diagrams, cable routing, control room layouts, Loop Diagrams, Wiring Termination Diagrams, Loop drawings, Installation Hook-up Drawings, Instrument Plot Plans, Cable Tray/Trench Lay-outs, Cable Schedules, JB schedules, Interconnection Schedules and Installation detail drawings, calculations, etc.
• Preparation of technical inquiry requests (Inquiry Requisitions). Complete Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), Prepare Purchase Requisitions for procurement of instrument and control system materials. Review vendor drawings and documents.
• Participate in HAZOP meeting and undertake SIL studies with client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Direct Supervisor and E&I Engineering Manager.
Similar Jobs to Senior Instrument & Control Engineer
LiveLead Telecoms Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Department of Instrumentation and Telecommunication. Assigned as the Lead with direct responsibility for telecommunications and security system scope of work in the engineering pision
- Responsible and ensure the integrity and quality of the work outputs
- Ensure that effective communications are implemented and maintained throughout the discipline and to promote the interchange of information between engineers.
- Generate system specifications, philosophies, method statements, design basis memorandum, basis of design, scope of works, technology studies and reports, technical bid evaluations, material requisitions and material take-offs
- Supervise and conduct design reviews and vendors/system integrators review of design/shop drawings.
- Site supervision during implementation/construction stage. All related construction support.
- Coordination and understanding with end-users system (existing or new), including end-users requirements in order to align the scope.
- Provide technical support or inter-discipline support to co-related discipline during system selection, FEED, detailed design, procurement, construction phase, and operation and maintenance requirements, including coordination with other disciplines, contractors and subcontractor, planning engineer(s) for smooth execution of the project.
The inpidual should have acquired more than 14 years of Experience in Oil, Gas projects in Telecom Engineering and also have a B.Sc/B.Eng in Communication Engineering. The candidate should also have exposure to the Design phase of major projects (Front-End Engineering, Advisory or Detailed Design). Specific Experience Required:
- Fiber Optic Transmission System (SDH/PDH/IP)
- PABX/Telephone Exchange
- CCTV Surveillance System
- Perimeter Intrusion Detection System
- Public Address/General Alarm System
- Telephone System /IP TELEPHONY
- Plant Emergency communication System
- Data LAN/Structured Cabling/Ethernet Switches/Voice, data multiplexers
- UHF/VHF RADIO
- TETRA Radio
- MICROWAVE SYSTEM
- Inside/outside plant cabling
- International Standards- IEEE, ITU-T, BS
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunities employer
Type: Long Term Contract / InternationalSalary: Not statedReporting to the Head of Department of Instrumentation and Telecommunication. Assigned as the Lead with direct responsibility for telecommunications and security system scope of ...
Posted: Mon 27 Apr at 8:00 Expires: Mon 25 May at 8:00
LiveEngineering Design Manager - UAE
YOU WILL NEED: * 10 years experience in structural/mechanical system design, particularly of Drilling/Accommodation jack up rigs and other upstream surface equipment. * A degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering. * Excellent design and conceptual skills. * Excellent general consulting , control engineering, and production planning skills. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: * Technical sales and design. * Work with customers directly. * Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics. * Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements. * Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. * Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services. * Discusses & solves complex problems with production departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers. ***IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HEARING MORE ABOUT THIS POSITION, PLEASE APPLY ASAP*** For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedYOU WILL NEED: * 10 years experience in structural/mechanical system design, particularly of Drilling/Accommodation jack up rigs and other upstream surface equipment. * A degree ...
Posted: Sun 26 Apr at 8:00 Expires: Sun 24 May at 8:00
LiveHead of Piping
Position Summary Manage piping department employees in multiple locations Develop and improve piping department standards and procedures Establish expectations and drive departmental performance improvement company-wide Work with Project Managers to develop scopes of work, deliverables, and budget estimates Maintain a positive team environment including interfacing with other managers Implement engineering operational objectives via Senior Leadership Essential Duties and Responsibilities Meet all safety and compliance requirements Effectively communicate with internal and external customers Remain aligned with overall goals of the Engineering Department Ensure departmental adherence to project schedules, budgets and quality requirements Identify, develop, train, and retain required staffing Provide performance evaluation and improvement feedback to piping departmental employees Minimum Requirements 15- 20 years experience in piping design execution Minimum 5 years experience in management Must have strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel Must have heavy experience with field surveying, job walks, field routing, and client interface within industrial facilities Must possess expert knowledge of AutoCAD Must possess strong knowledge of CadWorx 3D modelling software Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedPosition Summary Manage piping department employees in multiple locations Develop and improve piping department standards and procedures Establish expectations and drive department...
Posted: Thu 23 Apr at 10:00 Expires: Thu 21 May at 10:00
My client is a leading Marine Construction company based in Abu Dhabi. They are looking for an Engineering Manager with a background in Dredging. Key points for the role........... * Visual observation with photos during operation * Logging of any specie's sightseeing, namely turtles, dugongs, lizards and reptiles using a specific Observation Log Sheet * Fisheries observation lockouts * Reporting the sightseeing's to Contractor's HSE * Recommending impact avoidance measures The Engineering Manager manages the process of timely preparation of the deliverable's, such as method statements, programs, reporting, quality control and assurance in accordance with our contract and specifications towards the client. Towards their subcontractor(s) the Engineering Manager will do the same but then as the receiving party. You will assure that their deliverable's are acceptable and submitted to our client. Key responsibilities of the function: * Engineering Manager will report to the Project Manager and replace Project Manager during leave; * Manages all engineering and work preparation processes prior to and during the construction of the project; * Manage budgets and other project resources; * Identifies, documents and communicates project requirements; * assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles; * Compliant with policies and procedures; * Compliance with requirements of the contract; * Accurate, timely and effective reporting; * Preparing and attending progress meetings with clients and/or representatives; * Review technical and feasibility studies and site investigations; * Promoting continuous improvement of project results together with safety & quality standards; * Compiling the projects' 'close-out report'. Educational Qualifications & Certifications and Experience * Degree in civil engineering (higher vocational education at B.Sc. level) * Preferable Middle East experience; * Minimum 10 years international experience in marine construction; * Minimum 5 years of experience working for a main contractor. For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedMy client is a leading Marine Construction company based in Abu Dhabi. They are looking for an Engineering Manager with a background in Dredging. Key points for the role...........
Posted: Wed 22 Apr at 14:00 Expires: Wed 20 May at 14:00
LiveSenior Pigging Design Engineer - Middle-East - EXPAT - STAFF
Senior Pigging Design Engineer - Middle-East - EXPAT - STAFF
Senior Pigging Design Engineer - Middle-East - EXPAT - STAFF SPENCER OGDEN have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design professional to join a leading Pipeline Integrity Services Company in their Middle-East hub. Working with a range of Oil & Gas majors and other EPC Contractors, my client develop specialist, high-performance equipment used for Inspecting Pipelines and ensuring integrity. They would like to speak to Senior Design professionals, well-versed in Simulation Software, to join their team as a Senior Engineer and Design Intelligent Pigs and Pigging Equipment that will be developed and manufactured, before being offered to clients, then used to successfully inspect their assets. Working with a highly-energised Design Team, you will bring across with you a proven track-record in Designing Pigging equipment, in the hope that you can share your experiences and creative ideas with Junior members of the team, not only to contribute to team culture, but to deliver the project effectively. On Offer : - - Excellent Salary with Expat package including - Housing/Schooling/Fuel allowance. - Pension, Healthcare, Bonus Scheme. - Progressive working environment and the chance to develop your career with a market-leader. Criteria for Consideration : - - A Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. - Proven experience of Designing and Developing Pigging Equipment/Pigs used on either Offshore/Onshore projects - NON NEGOTIABLE. - Proficient in using Simulation Software, used for Designing Mechanical Equipment - SolidWorks, AutoCAD etc. - Be presentable and open to working with clients for developing specific/specialist Equipment. - You must be willing to relocate/live and work in the UAE. - You must be fluent in English, both written and oral. - Committed to working in a challenging environment and be ambitious to grow within a progressive company. For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office
Type: Long Term Contract / Office,SiteSalary: $80000 - $100000 per annum + PackageSenior Pigging Design Engineer - Middle-East - EXPAT - STAFF
Posted: Wed 22 Apr at 12:00 Expires: Wed 20 May at 12:00