Senior Instrument & Control Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
**URGENT** Fantastic Opportunity for a Senior Instrument & Control Engineer to work in the UAE for a global leading Oil & Gas Services company
Location: United Arab Emirates
Working Locations: Site, Office, International
Posted: 02/10/2013 09:23:00
Expires: 30/10/2013 09:23:00
Key Requirements•Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Instrument Engineering with at least 8 to 12 years of related experience preferable from a background in working for organizations in EPC for the Oil and Gas Industry. Added advantage will be a solid experience in the construction and operational side of engineering.
•Experience working in building services, housing developments, hospitals, high rise buildings, military buildings or service developments will NOT count as part of experience required.
•Operational experience in an Oil and Gas refining facility is advantageous
•Construction experience in and Oil and Gas construction works is advantageous
•Experience in electrical generation plants is vital
Job Description•Preparing of all proposal documentation, detail design, engineering, and preparation of all ICSS and instrumentation documentation and interface required to execute project successfully.
•Supervise a team of Instrumentation engineers and designers in carrying out detailed engineering for projects as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Review project specifications and standards. Process Data Sheets (PDS), Piping Material Specifications (PMS), Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, and other relevant documents. Identify discrepancies and deviations from original scope by use of technical queries (TQ’s) and Design Change Notifications (DCN’s).
•Complete scope of work, within budgeted man hours and time schedules, development of equipment and material specifications and data sheets, Instrument Index, Input & Output Lists, Bill of Quantities, Block Diagrams, cable routing, control room layouts, Loop Diagrams, Wiring Termination Diagrams, Loop drawings, Installation Hook-up Drawings, Instrument Plot Plans, Cable Tray/Trench Lay-outs, Cable Schedules, JB schedules, Interconnection Schedules and Installation detail drawings, calculations, etc.
•Preparation of technical inquiry requests (Inquiry Requisitions). Complete Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), Prepare Purchase Requisitions for procurement of instrument and control system materials. Review vendor drawings and documents.
•Participate in HAZOP meeting and undertake SIL studies with client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
•Performs other duties as assigned by Direct Supervisor and E&I Engineering Manager.
Similar Jobs to Senior Instrument & Control Engineer
LiveInstrument Engineer - Maintenance
a. B. Sc.(Engineering) in Electronics and Telecommunications, Electronics and Control system, Or Electronics and Instrumentation. b. Minimum 5 - 10 years operational experience in Instrumentation & Control System and SCADA environment including design, commissioning, project supervision and maintenance. c. Good knowledge of International standards and codes in his discipline. d. Fluency in English. e. Computer literate.
Principal Accountabilities: A) Participate in planning and implement scheduled maintenance and tests, systems modifications and requirements for spares and equipment to ensure the continued functioning of the system hardware. B) Analyze equipment failure reports investigate alternative approaches to ensure that satisfactory technical and operational solutions are found and implemented. C) Monitor the spare parts stocks and propose modification on stock levels in order to optimize the quantity of spares to be retained. D) Implement technical audits, coordinating such programmes with other engineering disciplines and Company units as necessary (including identifying operational shortcomings and recommending corrective action). E) Evaluate and recommend modifications to improve the reliability and maintainability of all Instrumentation & Control System hardware and to plan the installation of all expansions and enhancements as approved. F) Assist in establishing procedures for quality assurance of all products acquired or repaired, set technical stands to improve repairs, maintenance and system reliability. G) Liaise with equipment vendors to solve repair problems, upgrade older equipment, to replace obsolete items and to keep abreast of hardware developments. H) Coordinate with all users of the Instrumentation & Control System and the various sites for testing and maintenance and to upgrade and maintain all network links that interface with the Instrumentation & Control System. I) Provide on request and with Management approval, technical advice on computer hardware to all departments with ZADCO. J) Conduct training for Hardware Engineers (Lab and sites) to maintain and enhance the level of hardware expertise in-house. K) Carry out component level maintenance and repair of the following: a) PLC, DCS, Meteo and SCADA systems and sub-assemblies b) Gas monitoring/sensing equipment and modules c) Turbine control systems, equipment, cards d) Vibration and Rotation monitoring equipment/cards e) Pressure, Volume and Temperature measuring/analysis equipment f) Electronic laboratory test and measuring instruments (multimeters, digital indicators, pressure controllers) g) Battery charging systems and cards h) Emergency shutdown modules/systems i) Redundant UPS System modules, cards, sub-assemblies j) Navigational aids/flashers/beacon Principal Accountabilities:(con’t) k) HVAC control-Liquid Chillers and Zone Heater cards l) Power generating and monitoring systems/cards m) Fire and Gas detection system modules and sub-assemblies n) Pressure calibrators, loop calibrators o) Power supply modules/sub-assemblies p) Core sampling and analysis instruments/systems q) Petroleum analysis equipment r) Explosion Proof Emergency Lighting System Battery Chargers/Inverters. s) Control Cards for Catalytic Sensors t) Field Transmitters (Current/Voltage) and Accessories u) Trip and Bridge Amplifiers, Line Monitor Cards v) Flow meter control cards and Step Control Function Modules w) Tank HALON Battery Charger/Power Supply Cards x) T.A.M. Panel 4-Zone modules and Logic Cards y) Heat-Vent Window System Cards z) Thyristor Control Cards
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: All Inclusive tax free monthly rateParticipate in the planning, development and implementation of maintenance programs, modifications, enhancements and replacements to the Instrumentation & Control System hardware to improve overall cost effectiveness and to ensure its continued functioning. Carry out effective and efficient component level repair, testing and calibration of Electrical, Fire & Gas and safety systems, Meteo systems, UZFDS Laboratory, Instrumentation & Control System equipment’s and sub-assemblies.
Posted: Tue 26 Jul at 7:23 Expires: Fri 29 Jul at 7:23
LiveInstrument and Control Engineer
• Bachelor Degree. in Instrumentation Technology or Electrical / Electronic Engineering • 10 years experience in oil or related industry of which 5 years should be in design and engineering of Electronic, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Control Systems including Actuators and Actuated Valves; Pressure Safety Valves; Field Instrument, Emergency Shutdown and Fire & Gas systems and their components. • Excellent knowledge of International Codes and Standards in his own field and general knowledge of other disciplines. • English Language Proficiency (Verbal and Written). • Basic IT Skills.
1. PURPOSE Provide specialist technical support to Site Instrument and Control System teams. Plan, direct, coordinate, assist and responsible for timely, safe, cost effective maintenance and implementation of small Projects / Facility Changes in line with applicable industry standards, codes, good engineering practices to ensure Reliability and Availability targets as dictated by Maintenance Policy. 2. PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ? Provide technical/maintenance expertise and assistance to Sites with applicable code and standards and experience based knowledge on all related matters to Instruments and Control Systems Maintenance Engineering, etc... ? Assist in developing maintenance programs for input to the 5 Years Business/Operating Plans and Yearly Operating Plan for Instrument and Control Systems with the objectives of achieving high service factors at optimum cost based on applicable codes/standards, OEM recommendations, equipment surveys/history and Life Cycle cost analysis. ? For Minor Projects, upgrades and retrofit, prepare scope of work, liaise with OS-ES for engineering packages, review Engg packages as applicable, raise Contract requisition, provide support for tendering strategy, ITT document issue, review/evaluate technical bids and issue final recommendations for contract award. ? Provide support/liaise with CM for all tender activities for preparation of Contracts for overhauls/ maintenance activities of major Systems and minor projects, upgrade and retrofit works. ? Monitor, supervise and control through various stages of minor project/retrofit/upgrade execution, with the Contractor during Site survey, preparation of FDS, detailed engineering, construction/integration, FAT, SAT, installation, commissioning and changeover of systems, updating of technical documents to as-built status in liaison with Site teams. ? Plan, arrange resources (manpower/materials) for planned maintenance activities as per Operating Plan. Arrange and hold kick-off and progress review meeting with Site and set up planning and control. Prepare close out report/lessons learnt after completion of the works. ? Receive service requests (SR) from Site for repair/overhaul/fabrication of instrument related items and prepare scope of work, issue request for quotations, issue order and follow up works according to QA/QC Plan. Liaise with Site, FI, OS-ES for scope/controls input and quality as required. ? Carries out trouble shooting of routine/non-routine equipment failure, cause analysis and reliability audit as required. ? Assist Senior Engineer to prioritize and expedite Weak Links mitigation plan and execution. ? Provide technical assistance to commercial department on spare parts and inventory items. ? Assist in Liaising with OS-ES, EP, HSE & Major Projects and provide inputs for Statement of Requirements, specifications of Instrument & Control Systems and installations of new projects from Maintenance point of view. ? Act as mentor and develop UAE National Engineers.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: All inclusive tax free monthly rateProvide specialist technical support to Site Instrument and Control System teams. Plan, direct, coordinate, assist and responsible for timely, safe, cost effective maintenance and implementation of small Projects / Facility Changes in line with applicable industry standards, codes, good engineering practices to ensure Reliability and Availability targets as dictated by Maintenance Policy.
Posted: Tue 26 Jul at 7:00 Expires: Fri 29 Jul at 7:00
LiveTraining Instructor - Instrument
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (i.e Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) 7 years’ work experience in a related field, at least 2 years of which should have been in a Training function (On-job & Class Room Training) in his discipline. Experience in preparing training materials and familiarity with Competency Based Programs are required. Good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Arabic language is preferable.
Provides training and support to U.A.E. National Developees on the job site regarding Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation maintenance or Operations and administers procedures for verification of competencies as per Development Programs based on CBT. Conducts trainings center courses in their particular specialty.
Type: Long Term Contract / Site, Office, OffshoreSalary: Not statedFor the Abu Dhabi Oil Refining Company (TAKREER) we are searching a Training Instructor -Instrument to join the company.
Posted: Thu 14 Jul at 8:10 Expires: Thu 28 Jul at 8:10
3 year Diploma, Offshore experience, 8+ years Instrument experience
A well-established oil and gas operator who manage offshore assets in Dubai are now looking to take on an Instrument Supervisor to work on a 28/28 rotation on an offshore platform.
This is a permanent role where the successful applicant will responsible for planning and supervising the installation, maintenance, repair, test and calibration of a wide variety of Electronic and pneumatic instruments, systems and analyzers. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Planning day to day maintenance of control equipment
• Schedule and assign maintenance tasks
• Supervise all work on platform instrumentation & control systems
• Supervise work on platform safety systems, valves & well head control system preventative maintenance
• Troubleshoot of complex & more routine faults
• Uphold company HSE standards
• Ensure work orders and check lists are completed
• Plan, supervise & execute of major equipment/plant turnarounds & shutdowns
• Supervise activities of assigned personnel
To be considered for this position applicants must have:
• 8+ years' experience working on oil & gas Instrumentation & Maintenance
• Offshore experience
• Experience with instrumentation installation, maintenance and repair
• PLC, DCS and Instrumentation experience in oil operation industry
• Experience with computer maintenance and materials systems e.g. MAXIMO
• 3-year Diploma or apprenticeship in Instruments or Electronics training.
The ideal candidate will have experience working offshore in locations such as West Africa, Gulf of Mexico or South East Asia.
If you are interested in this position, then please follow the relevant links to submit your CV for review.
Type: Staff / OffshoreSalary: Monthly salary paid in AEDA well-established oil and gas operator who manage offshore assets in Dubai are now looking to take on an Instrument Supervisor to work on a...
Posted: Tue 12 Jul at 16:27 Expires: Tue 09 Aug at 16:27
LiveLead Instrumentation Engineer
Lead Instrumentation Engineer
Lead Instrumentation Engineer Dubai Major Oil and Gas co is looking to hire a Lead Instrumentation Engineer for exciting project, competitive package + very long contract. Requirements include; - Employs technical expertise to engineering related issues - I&C development of P&IDs - Client and team interaction/management - Safety and Process Controls selection and purchase - Instrument selection and purchase for parts of project - Integration of packaged equipment - Reviews vendor documentation - Progress reporting - Creation of index database for instruments - Budgeting of people hours and instruments for project requirements Qualifications; - Degree level education - Over 8 years Oil and Gas - Offshore preferred
Type: Long Term Contract / Office, OffshoreSalary: Not statedLead Instrumentation Engineer
Posted: Fri 17 Jun at 17:27 Expires: Tue 16 Aug at 17:27