You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Major Projects are responsible for the management of the Design, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning of all plant and equipment associated with field enhancements, both Brownfield and Greenfield, and involving significant capital spend.
Location: United Kingdom
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 24/08/2011 08:00:00
Expires: 21/09/2011 08:00:00
Key RequirementsThe Contracts Administrator will report to the Contracts Manager, Major Projects and will undertake contracting related activities in support of the Project, predominately post contract award, and contribute to a process of continuous improvement.
• Degree qualified or equivalent.
• MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification.
• Track record of successful contract delivery in complex, challenging international environments.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to deal with senior management and internal and external representatives.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure and stringent time constraints.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office products, eg Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job DescriptionMajor Projects are responsible for the management of the Design, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning of all plant and equipment associated with field enhancements, both Brownfield and Greenfield, and involving significant capital spend. The Integrated Project Management Team (IPMT) will manage delivery of all contracts awarded and perform an assurance role on behalf of the investors in the redevelopment of the Rumaila Field.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Following a tender process by the Iraq Ministry of Oil, BP, in partnership with the China National Petroleum Corporation was awarded the right to work on Rumaila, Iraq’s largest producing field and the fourth largest oil field in the world. Rumaila runs down to the Kuwait border and is approximately 80 km long by 10 km wide, encompassing degassing/desalting Stations, well sites and gathering systems. Rumaila currently produces around 1 million barrels of oil per day with an Iraqi work force of several thousand.
Our objective is to increase production by nearly three times, considerably beyond the field’s historical peak rate of 1.75 million barrels per day. The contract will be implemented in a partnership between BP, CNPC and SOMO, the State Oil Marketing Organisation. Work will be executed through the South Oil Company (SOC), who currently operate the field.
The investment required, technology application, and increased production are world scale and with wide ranging development and training opportunities. This project is material and long lasting with significant benefits to the Republic of Iraq at the local, regional and country level.
BP is an equal opportunity employer
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click the apply button where you will be brought to the BP Application Portal.
Similar Jobs to Contracts Administrator
LiveCrude Oil Contracts Specialist
Contracts Attention to detail Crude Oil EU working entitlement
We are looking for a Contracts Specialist to join an international oil trading company within a busy department. Working closely with the oil trading and operations teams you will be responsible for handling all incoming and outgoing contracts. The majority of your work will be handling incoming oil purchase contracts, ensuring all terms and wording are correct. When an outgoing contract is required you will be responsible for drafting these contracts. You will ensure accurate records of all contracts and agreements are available when required. This is a role that would suit a commercially-minded person with strong negotiation skills and excellent attention to detail. This position is ideal for someone with at least 5 years' experience in a similar position within a trading environment or with an oil major. All applicants must have existing EU working entitlement. Apply now to find out more.
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Not statedWe are looking for a Crude Oil Contracts Specialist to join an international oil trading company!
Posted: Tue 14 Jul at 9:23 Expires: Sat 12 Sep at 9:23
LiveSourcing Specialist - Procurement
• Compliance with sourcing plans. • Effective supplier base. • Contracts and pricing agreements. • Supply Chain readiness checklist.
• Implements sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions from the concept phase through the feasibility and development to commercialization of new designs and tools, in accordance with Category Sourcing Strategies. • Documents performance to action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects. • Selects a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers. • Conducts RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost. • Evaluates current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service. • Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives. • Executes contract negotiation and development in coordination with NPD Sourcing Leader, Supply Chain Contract Specialists and other stakeholders. • Enforces the Supply Chain readiness check list per Project during the PLMP process. • Drives the parts & process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams. • Works closely with NPD Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for all portfolios. • Effectively communicates with and maintains the highest degree of relations between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel. • Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives. • Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks. • Complies with all, EMS and local procedures applicable to the job function. • Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company. • Approximately 40% of the role will be dedicate to procurement based activities
Type: Short Term Contract / Site, OfficeSalary: £15 - £17 per hourImplements sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to his/her assigned portfolio that may include both Engineering and Technology projects in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan.
Posted: Fri 03 Jul at 15:15 Expires: Fri 31 Jul at 15:15