You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Major Projects are responsible for the management of the Design, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning of all plant and equipment associated with field enhancements, both Brownfield and Greenfield, and involving significant capital spend.
Location: United Kingdom
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 24/08/2011 08:00:00
Expires: 21/09/2011 08:00:00
Key RequirementsThe Contracts Administrator will report to the Contracts Manager, Major Projects and will undertake contracting related activities in support of the Project, predominately post contract award, and contribute to a process of continuous improvement.
Qualifications • Degree qualified or equivalent.
• MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification.
• Track record of successful contract delivery in complex, challenging international environments.• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to deal with senior management and internal and external representatives.• Ability to work without supervision.• Ability to work under pressure and stringent time constraints.• Strong working knowledge of MS Office products, eg Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job DescriptionMajor Projects are responsible for the management of the Design, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning of all plant and equipment associated with field enhancements, both Brownfield and Greenfield, and involving significant capital spend. The Integrated Project Management Team (IPMT) will manage delivery of all contracts awarded and perform an assurance role on behalf of the investors in the redevelopment of the Rumaila Field.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Following a tender process by the Iraq Ministry of Oil, BP, in partnership with the China National Petroleum Corporation was awarded the right to work on Rumaila, Iraq’s largest producing field and the fourth largest oil field in the world. Rumaila runs down to the Kuwait border and is approximately 80 km long by 10 km wide, encompassing degassing/desalting Stations, well sites and gathering systems. Rumaila currently produces around 1 million barrels of oil per day with an Iraqi work force of several thousand.
Our objective is to increase production by nearly three times, considerably beyond the field’s historical peak rate of 1.75 million barrels per day. The contract will be implemented in a partnership between BP, CNPC and SOMO, the State Oil Marketing Organisation. Work will be executed through the South Oil Company (SOC), who currently operate the field.
The investment required, technology application, and increased production are world scale and with wide ranging development and training opportunities. This project is material and long lasting with significant benefits to the Republic of Iraq at the local, regional and country level.
BP is an equal opportunity employer
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click the apply button where you will be brought to the BP Application Portal.
Similar Jobs to Contracts Administrator
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Assistant, based in Westhill Aberdeenshire
Responsibilities will include:
Maintain ACET database through input of data generated from inspection, risk based inspection assessments, plant and equipment modifications and corrosion circuit / loop changes.
Assist Inspection Engineer in the creation of piping & vessel inspection workpacks.
Prepare and update action Tracker in advance of regular meetings.
Maintain electronic data sets generated from corrosion monitoring devices and liaise with OIE and onshore team to ensure regular distribution of data.
Make simple amendments to piping inspection isometrics.
Maintain the vessel inspection register. Ensure paper vessel history records are maintained and capture all relevant inspection history.
Maintain current copy of P&IDs marked with extent of corrosion circuits.
Maintain a register and coordinate the archiving of inspection and corrosion team data.
Assist in the preparation of materials for Corrosion Management Team RBI review and other scheduled technical meetings.
Provide discipline support to onshore and offshore integrity, maintenance and engineering teams on inspection issues
Provide administrative assistance as required.
5 Standard Grades with English, Mathematics and ideally a science subject.
Ability to work as a valuable contributor to the team
High standard in the presentation and delivery of work
Ability to manage own workload
Ability to meet deadlines.
Proficiency in MS office suite of software applications.
Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
Experience in use of inspection management databases.
Experience and use of CAD.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 908908
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedOur client is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Assistant, based in Westhill Aberdeenshire
Posted: Mon 23 May at 13:00 Expires: Mon 20 Jun at 13:00
LiveWaste Advisor Support
Waste Advisor Support - £12.70 per hour PAYE - 12 month Contract
- The purpose of the post is to provide waste support to promote and document compliance with waste legislation and adherence to the site's waste strategies.
- The Job Holder is responsible for delivering waste support on compliance requirements and the site's waste strategies and preparing consignment documentation for the site and projects.
The Job Holder will:
- Provide waste support to the companies organisations and project teams on regulatory issues
- Support interface between decommissioning projects/environmental closure and demolition organisation and the waste directorate through to final decommissioning and clearance
- Consigns waste in accordance with relevant Waste Plans and Local Instructions.
- Provide waste support to interface with the site's regulators including SEPA, ONR and EURATOM
- Provide guidance for waste generators and waste plan authors.
- Maintain local instructions, incorporating guidance from Waste Advisors and Waste Specialists where applicable.
- Produce waste documentation in line with project and legislative requirements, including Project Specific Waste Plans, Activity Assessments, Waste Consignments
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Higher Grade level of education
- Experience: 3 years relevant nuclear site experience
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £12.70 per hour + PAYEWaste Advisor Support - £12.70 per hour PAYE - 12 month Contract Description - The purpose of the post is to provide waste support to promote and document compliance with waste...
Posted: Tue 03 May at 15:00 Expires: Tue 31 May at 15:00