GIS Expert based in Austria
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The GIS Expert shall have a minimum of 3 years relevant GIS experience preferably to the pipeline industry or oil and gas industry. The role requires sound GIS skills. The ability to identify problems and deliver solutions through effective communication and technical skills is the pivotal attribute.
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 04/05/2012 20:00:00
Expires: 03/07/2012 20:00:00
• Familiar with GIS / ROW engineering works of natural gas pipelines and related soft-wares.
• Confident with and have good written and oral communication skills in English.
• Willing to learn and have the ability to work effectively under pressure - working to deadlines and be able to prioritise workload.
• Highly self-motivated, have good working attitude with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
• Having team spirit and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
Interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people of all levels and teamwork.
Job DescriptionCoberon Chronos Consulting's client is a leading engineering multinational responsible for one of the largest energy infrastructure projects in Central and Eastern Europe.GIS handling and administration of project documents produced by the Owner’s Engineer (OE) and Local FEED Engineers (LFEs) and later by the Construction Contractor at stages of both Front End Engineering Design and Construction of Cross Country Natural Gas Pipeline (EU Countries Section only) as per ASME B31.8 and/or EN 1594 and API standards.
• Provide high quality technical support in GIS discipline in respect to Right of Way (ROW) engineering activities to technical PMT at project FEED and construction phase.
• Supervise the quality of the GIS activities related to Right of Way (ROW) engineering within the following areas;
- All design activities pertinent to ROW discipline
- Analysis and methods
• Ensure that the OE and LFEs are implementing their duties properly related to GIS Model as described in their SOW covering;
- Route design
- Constraint mapping
- Project standard technical sheets and drawings
- Geo-referenced raster images with different scales and 3d topographical model
• Ensure that the relevant design rules and procedures are complied with project applicable standards.
• Ensure that the relevant construction activities are complied with project applicable standards
• Develop and co-ordinate the works in GIS discipline.
• Liaison with respective engineer(s) of Owner’s Engineer (OE), Local FEED Engineers (LFEs) and Construction Contractors, exchange of views and co-operate in GIS related matters.
• Review OE and LFEs and construction contractor’s project deliverables (route arrangement drawings, route maps, alignment sheets, as built setc.) related to ROW engineering discipline.
• Monitor technical performance / competence / progress of Engineering Companies and Construction
• Develop, maintain, consolidate and use, as required, engineering softwares related to GIS / ROW engineering discipline.
• Consolidate Company’s experience in GIS / ROW engineering discipline
Similar Jobs to GIS Expert based in Austria
LiveSoftware Engineer - Newcastle
SPENCER OGDEN is looking for a Software Engineer for a key client based in the North East that is involved in E&P withing the Oil Industry. Job Purpose To work as part of the Application Development Team within the Technology Group, working across the development lifecycle to extend and improve the Company's commercial software products. Within the application development team, you will be part of the group delivering new commercial software features within a technology development process that brings in requirements and knowledge from research and development teams, geoscientists and product & user stakeholders. Translation of these requirements and materials into high quality commercial software features is the primary purpose. However, you will also be expected to share knowledge and expertise across the Technology group and support a continuous improvement process. Principal Activities: ? To work within an agile development process ? To produce high quality software products to match customer requirements ? To work proactively to deliver software in agreed timescales ? To design and implement new product features ? To maintain and improve existing products ? To contribute to the capability of the team through effective knowledge transfer and coaching as required ? To advocate good software engineering practices and continuous professional development Qualifications, Skills and Experience Essential: ? Strong track record in Commercial C++ Development ? At least 4 years commercial C++ development experience ? Experience of agile development environments ? Strong software engineering skills with knowledge of modern development principles and best practice Software Engineer ? Experience of different and varied APIs ? Experience of developing end user desktop applications. ? Excellent at troubleshooting challenging software issues , including in unfamiliar code ? Effectively able to communicate technical information to rest of team ? Strong team working skills and an ability to work closely with team members ? Ability to work unsupervised as part of daily routine as required Preferred: ? Test driven development ? User interface design ? Experience in development of scientific or computational software This is a great way to break into the global oil industry and develop a career. For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedSPENCER OGDEN is looking for a Software Engineer for a key client based in the North East that is involved in E&P withing the Oil Industry. Job Purpose To work as part of the Appl...
Posted: Fri 19 Dec at 16:00 Expires: Fri 16 Jan at 16:00
LiveTelecoms Engineer - North Africa - Oil & Gas
Telecoms Engineer | CCTV, PAGA, PABX, VoIP, VHF, UHF, Fibre | Oil & Gas | North Africa | Contract A leading oil and gas client of ours seeking a Telecoms Engineer to join an engineering project based in North Africa an offshore project. You will be working within a team of engineers and focusing on Automation and Telecoms for one of the largest companies in the oil and gas space. Skills: *Strong Telecoms background (10y+) *CCTV / PAGA / VoIP / PABX *Fibre Optics *UHF / VHF Radio *LAN / WAN *Experience with IP systems *Strong experience in Telecoms engineering and design *Extensive oil and gas experience For more information please apply with the latest version of your CV. For more information about this role please contact our London office
Type: Short Term Contract / International,Office,Offshore,SiteSalary: £500 - £600 per dayTelecoms Engineer | CCTV, PAGA, PABX, VoIP, VHF, UHF, Fibre | Oil & Gas | North Africa | Contract
A leading oil and gas client of ours seeking a Telecoms Engineer to join an engineering project based in North Africa an offshore project.
Posted: Wed 17 Dec at 17:00 Expires: Wed 14 Jan at 17:00
LiveTelecommunications Commissioning Lead
A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering; Diploma or trade certification in Electronics and or Telecommunications Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution. Engineers must be registered, or eligible for registration, with the Professional Engineers & Geo scientists of Newfoundland and Labrador. A minimum of 10+ years of experience, preferably in the area of Telecommunications. Knowledge of oil and gas operations as it relates to Telecommunications. Equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved may also be considered. Must have successful project management experience working with complex, integrated telecommunications systems. Good working understanding of telecommunications, testing equipment, electronic repair, troubleshooting techniques, and information technology infrastructure. Knowledge of and experience in general telecommunications applications such as VOIP, PBX, voice mail, paging, modems, and wireless. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and must be a self-starter who takes ownership of tasks through to completion with success. Excellent leadership skills. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills to effectively negotiate, problem-solve and formulate solutions. Ability to exercise initiative and judgment, as well as work independently, in order to meet objectives. Team player, with the ability to work across multiple teams. Position will be required to travel offshore with relevant training maintained.
Effectively manage systems, methods and procedures for successful completion of projects. Liaise with the Client to ensure project deliverables are clearly identified and communicated to the project team. Work with Project Managers to develop and review project specifications and ensure work meets or exceeds specifications. Ensure that the WGPSN Safety core value is built into all procedures and activities. Supervision of personnel (including Engineers/Senior Technicians/Technicians) throughout the execution of project deliverables. Assist in Population and verification of Mechanical Completion Databases with required information. Assist in definition and allocation of Mechanical Completion Records for inpidual items of equipment. Maintain continuous liaison with the Fabrication and Integration groups to ensure the Mechanical Completion Schedule achieves maximum completion. Provide discipline input to project plans. Coordination of Discipline interfaces with other Disciplines/departments/clients as part of an integrated team. Monitor and report progress /status to appropriate stakeholders. Supervise acceptance of Mechanical Completion. Coordinating, staging, and planning installation and commissioning with utilities and subcontractors. Ensure all documentation, tools, consumables and equipment are available to perform the scope of work. Instruct project team in work priorities. Ensure Telecommunication Systems and equipment are safely and effectively maintained in accordance with expectations, regulations, codes and standards. Maintain integrity and coordinate safe and efficient maintenance, operation and administration activities on telecommunications systems and associated equipment. Adhering to permit to work system while carrying out maintenance activities and planning in an offshore environment. Creates a team identity by working on shared objectives while helping others accomplish results. Developing documents, schematics, and diagrams for various Telecommunications systems used in offshore environments. This includes but is not limited to Satellite, Voice/Data, PA, Trunked Radio, Portable Radio, and WAN/LAN Systems. As well as project scope, proposals, estimates, and budgets and ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget. Ensuring highest level of quality is maintained for each project and is completed in accordance with industry standards. Analyze construction requirements including installation, purchasing and contractual issue
Type: Staff or Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedPosition: Metroworth Consulting is seeking a Telecommunications Commissioning Lead for an ongoing offshore oil and gas project. Location: The position is based out of Metroworth St. John's office at 115 Cavendish Square, St. John's, NL A1C 3K2, and Metroworth's client site in St. John’s, NL .
Posted: Tue 16 Dec at 13:39 Expires: Tue 13 Jan at 13:39
Develop engineering/scientific software and technical 3D sales publications. Responsibilities include determining requirements for, designing, developing, testing, and release of applications/technical publications. The position is also responsible for working with and managing external software contractors.Determination of requirements and specifications for new software development and ongoing software maintenanceDetermination of requirements and specifications for new technical sales publications development and ongoing maintenanceDocuments software and technical drawing development through the use of data flow diagrams, mockups, design diagrams, code comments, and clear code.Develops new software or technical drawings and enhancements from specifications and requirements.Ensure through testing and other means that new software or technical drawings and enhancements meet specifications and requirements.Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and evaluating new development tools. Responsible for working with contractors, preparing statements of work, specifications, purchase requisitions, accepting work from, and submitting invoices for payment.Identifies and communicates equipment issues and recommends and implements corrective actions
- Ability to develop 3d assets (.obj, .ma/.mb, .fbx) in Maya (preferred) or like software, such as Blender, 3dStudio Max, or XSI using reference, or technical drawings.
- Ability down size high resolution meshes using techniques like mesh re-topology,and quadratic mesh dissemination for scene optimization.
- Ability to develop web based software using Unity3d, and other tools such as the Unreal Engine.
- Ability to develop web apps, web services, and user apps.
- Ability to create texture files including diffuse, normal, ambient occlusion, bump, and displacement.
- Familiarity with scripting in C#, Java, Python, and Mel, using MonoDevelop.
- Familiarity with Oracele and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills both internally and externally to support project needs
- Strong planning, organization and data management skills
- Knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Strong Foundation in non-linear video editing
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an inpidual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5 years of progressive software engineering
- 5 years 3D animation
- 5 years mechanical graphic design
- 5 years video production and editing
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Not statedWe have a great opportunity for an Software Engineer at our Corpus Christi, TX facility. The Software Engineer must be a motivated self-starter with excellent skills, and experience in 3D amination, technical drawings and development of forms and brochures with a strong attention to detail and the desire to achieve.
Posted: Thu 11 Dec at 0:00 Expires: Mon 09 Feb at 0:00
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
- Implement corporate network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Manage and load server back-up tapes and disks
- Manage site computer hardware and software assets
- Provide technical assistance to site end users
- Enter, monitor, manage and update incident tickets in appropriate ticketing systems
- Participate in and adhere to corporate IT Change Management processes
- Represent the plant on corporate IT initiatives
- Coordinate with corporate IT to plan, coordinate and execute plant IT initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or other technical discipline and 2 years’ specific experience in related technical roles or 6 years of specific experience in related technical roles
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Oracle ERP
- Experience working with machine PLCs desired
- Working knowledge of Access and SQL database design and maintenance
- Working knowledge of PC hardware
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc)
- Basic understanding of Active Directory concepts and administration
- Working knowledge of business applications such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Ability to support a variety of WiFi-enabled devices such as bar-code scanners
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high volume production environment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Takes initiative, self-motivated.
- Ability to interact with various levels of the organization.
- Ability to build credibility and trust within the organization.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- CISCO Certification, Microsoft Certification and/or Visual Basic experience / knowledge desired
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
Type: Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedWe have a great new opportunity for an Oracle lead on a 6 month initial contract basis. This position is located in Corpus Christi Texas. Please only apply if you are eligible to work in the USA.
Posted: Thu 11 Dec at 0:00 Expires: Mon 09 Feb at 0:00