You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
BARGE MASTER TO COMMAND A HOOK UP / 300T CRANE/ 300MEN ACCOMMODATION BARGE IN NIGERIA
Salary: Best in offshore industry
Working Locations: Offshore
Posted: 04/10/2011 07:00:00
Expires: 01/11/2011 07:00:00
Key RequirementsWe are looking for Barge Masters with at least 10 years experience in offshore industry working with Oil Majors,
Must be a qualified barge master.
Rotation is 3 months on and 1 month...
Language: English / French
Job Type: one year contract, paid during on
Job DescriptionThe Barge Master is the over all incharge and responsible for the following :
• Ensure that the vessel is anchored safely at all times throughout the construction operations.
• Ensure that all the anchor handling activities are performed by qualified personnel and conducted according to approved procedures and good working practices.
• Delegate and assign the work to the barge crew.
• The Barge Master shall have ultimate responsibility for the anchor handling operations, ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe manner and without damage to any facilities or equipment.
• The Barge Master shall coordinate the anchor handling operations and instruct of the Anchor foreman, communicating and controlling the activities with the AHT Master Anchor Hoist Operators.
• The Barge Master will be competent in all aspects of barge moving, including anchor handling operation, towing, seaworthiness, navigation, appraisal of weather and passage plan,etc….
• He will be responsible for all aspects from the current position until the next location.
• Will, in conjunction with the clinet, responsible for ensuring that all marine operations are conducted in such a manner as to safeguard the integrity of all equipment, barge and vessels.
• Will be responsible for ensuring that all key personnel involved in the barge move receive a detailed briefing prior to the commencement of barge-move operations.
• Will plan regarding the tow route and passage plan, including monitoring the latest information on barge move positions or obstructions that may be in the vicinity along the tow route or the new location.
• Will approve the procedures, risks assessment, catenary calculation,….
• Shall ensure the barge is ready for tow by inspecting the following, including but not limited to: Sea fastenings - Winch and anchor systems -Tow wires and towing arrangements
• Will familiarize himself with details of the arrival location, water depth,
• Shall confirm that the correct position reference has been input into the survey display and that all personnel involved in the barge move (positioning operation) fully understand the target reference position.
• Will familiarize himself with the technical capability of the winch’s system and its components.
• Will be responsible for the correct deployment of anchors and anchor lines associated with the barge move operations and should ensure that the equipment provided is fit-for-purpose.
• Liaise with the client and office on all matters concerning the barge move.
Similar Jobs to Barge Master
LiveOffshore Medic (DSV)
Certification Required : Standard Opito Survival / OGUK Medical + must hold CA-EBS Experience Required: Diving qualified and experienced medic must hold CA-EBS and also need to get bideltoid trained if needed
START DATE(S): 15th AUGUST LENGTH OF TRIP: 2 WEEKS LOCATION OF WORK : NORTH SEA / UK WORKSITE DETAIL(S) : pE SUPPORT VESSEL FAQ’s WHY HAVE I HAD NO REPLY? Our Client will STRICTLY only accept applications from candidates meeting all of the above requirements and we will only be able to respond to candidates who fully match the requirements. SALARY / RATES : If wages & financial info has not been detailed above then this information is not available yet. However, please do not let this hold you back from applying as our clients often choose to agree rates much later in the recruitment process CLIENT NAMES AND VESSEL NAME : If the client and vessel name has not been detailed above then unfortunately we are unable to provide this to you just yet.
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: NegotiableBryant Ocean Division are URGENTLY recruiting for the below position : RECRUITING FOR POSITION(S): OFFSHORE MEDIC – Diving qualified and experienced.
Posted: Fri 31 Jul at 15:54 Expires: Fri 28 Aug at 15:54
LiveHead of Ship Management
The company… My client is a leading offshore support and supply provider operating primarily in the North Sea. Due to internal promotion they are looking for a Head of Ship Management to join their office in Denmark. With new build vessels and exciting new projects being won regularly this is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding organisation within the offshore industry. The role… As the Head of Ship Management you will be leading the overall technical management of the large fleet of offshore support vessels. The roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to): - Overall management of Fleet and Managers - Existing and new client liaison - Ensuring full compliance to internal and external governance - Implementation and management of maintenance systems The person... The ideal candidate will be an experienced Marine Manager with exceptional technical and man management skills. It is essential to be fluent in both Danish and English in order to be considered. Familiarity with maritime legislation and standards is also preferred. The reward… The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an exciting and expanding organisation in the offshore sector. In addition they will receive an excellent salary package that is dependent on experience.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: 1kr - 2kr per annum + Excellent Salary and PackageThe company… My client is a leading offshore support and supply provider operating primarily in the North Sea. Due to internal promotion they are looking for a Head of Ship Mana...
Posted: Thu 30 Jul at 12:00 Expires: Thu 27 Aug at 12:00
Live1st Officer DPO - ERRV
The company… On behalf of a vessel owner, operating in the North Sea, Faststream are recruiting for a 1st Officer DPO position to work on an ERRV in the Shetlands. The role… This is a permanent contract with 4 week on/off rotations. You must have previous ERRV experience, in rank, to be considered for this role. Due to logistical reasons a preference will be given to candidates either from the Shetlands or based in Scotland. A right to work in the UK is essential for this role - applications without will not be considered. The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements: Chief Mate COC Full DP certificate (essential) STCW95 basic certificates ITSO (essential) Valid offshore medical Previous ERRV experience The reward… This role has an annual salary around £32000 based on experience.
Type: Long Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: £32000 per annumThe company… On behalf of a vessel owner, operating in the North Sea, Faststream are recruiting for a 1st Officer DPO position to work on an ERRV in the Shetlands. The role… ...
Posted: Thu 30 Jul at 9:00 Expires: Thu 27 Aug at 9:00
Minimum Qualifications: • Unlimited Master Mariner?s license in compliance with STCW II/2; • Unlimited D.P. Certificate Minimum Experience: • Minimum 4 years of sea experience as Master of offshore support vessels; • Minimum 3 years shore experience as Port Captain or Marine Superintendent on Offshore Support Vessels. Job-Specific Skills: • AHTS Experience preferred. • DP experience essential. • STCW Certificates must be valid at all times. Generic Skills: • Computer literate. • Good Communication skills in English are a must.
• Ensuring Company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations. • Liaising with the Port Captain and vessel Masters with reference to Certification, Safety Equipment and Loose Lifting Gear etc. • Liaising with the Personnel Department regarding all aspects of travel, crew changes and other Personnel issues in conjunction with the Vessel Master. Monitor crew „overlap days?. • Monitor crew compliance with STCW?95, MLC 2006 and other training requirements. • Ensure that Vessels Planned Maintenance System (Deck Dept.) is being operated and reported in the manner prescribed in the company?s QA system and is in compliance with the ISM Code and MLC 2006. • Liaising with the Purchasing Manager to ensure timely delivery of supplies, and that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner. Bringing to the attention of the Senior Superintendent & Operations Manager any items which have the potential to disrupt operations. Ensure sufficient spares are carried. • Ensuring that all mandatory procedures i.e. Tool box talks, Risk assessments, permits to work, hot work permits etc, are used effectively and filed for audit purposes. • Preparing vessel repair specifications in association with the Engineering superintendent. • Ensure that vessels carry the required publications, procedures, operational manuals, and other documentation required by Flag State and other regulatory bodies, and that these are updated as required. • Ensure IMCA guidelines and “best industry practises” are adhered to at all times, with regard to vessel DP operations, equipment and personnel requirements. • Ensure that the fleets? DP equipment is in a fully operational state of readiness at all times. • Attend Annual DP Trials & FMEA audits as required. • Maintain the OCIMF – OVID Vessel OVPQ technical database for the fleet. • Ensuring that the Company Journey Management plan QP07.13 Level 1 Manual is strictly adhered to.
Type: Staff / SiteSalary: Not statedVessel Management for fleet of vessels.
Posted: Wed 29 Jul at 11:28 Expires: Wed 12 Aug at 11:28
To be considered for this role, the following is desired: You must be an EU National You must be able to live and work in Cyprus and be happy to travel as required for the role You must have previous experience of being a Marine Surveyor. Sailing Experience
Duties will include, but are not limited to: Casualty Investigations Damage Surveys Surveys on Cargo General Marine Surveys Draft Surveys Work as part of a busy team including travel as required. Producing reports.
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: Competitive plus benefitsMaritime Surveyor required in Cyprus for a leading Marine Services company who offer consultative work to the maritime industry. Maritime Surveyors with previous sailing experience are encouraged to apply for this exciting international opportunity.
Posted: Wed 29 Jul at 9:33 Expires: Sun 27 Sep at 9:33