You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
BARGE MASTER TO COMMAND A HOOK UP / 300T CRANE/ 300MEN ACCOMMODATION BARGE IN NIGERIA
Salary: Best in offshore industry
Working Locations: Offshore
Posted: 04/10/2011 07:00:00
Expires: 01/11/2011 07:00:00
Key RequirementsWe are looking for Barge Masters with at least 10 years experience in offshore industry working with Oil Majors,
Must be a qualified barge master.
Rotation is 3 months on and 1 month...
Language: English / French
Job Type: one year contract, paid during on
Job DescriptionThe Barge Master is the over all incharge and responsible for the following :
• Ensure that the vessel is anchored safely at all times throughout the construction operations.
• Ensure that all the anchor handling activities are performed by qualified personnel and conducted according to approved procedures and good working practices.
• Delegate and assign the work to the barge crew.
• The Barge Master shall have ultimate responsibility for the anchor handling operations, ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe manner and without damage to any facilities or equipment.
• The Barge Master shall coordinate the anchor handling operations and instruct of the Anchor foreman, communicating and controlling the activities with the AHT Master Anchor Hoist Operators.
• The Barge Master will be competent in all aspects of barge moving, including anchor handling operation, towing, seaworthiness, navigation, appraisal of weather and passage plan,etc….
• He will be responsible for all aspects from the current position until the next location.
• Will, in conjunction with the clinet, responsible for ensuring that all marine operations are conducted in such a manner as to safeguard the integrity of all equipment, barge and vessels.
• Will be responsible for ensuring that all key personnel involved in the barge move receive a detailed briefing prior to the commencement of barge-move operations.
• Will plan regarding the tow route and passage plan, including monitoring the latest information on barge move positions or obstructions that may be in the vicinity along the tow route or the new location.
• Will approve the procedures, risks assessment, catenary calculation,….
• Shall ensure the barge is ready for tow by inspecting the following, including but not limited to: Sea fastenings - Winch and anchor systems -Tow wires and towing arrangements
• Will familiarize himself with details of the arrival location, water depth,
• Shall confirm that the correct position reference has been input into the survey display and that all personnel involved in the barge move (positioning operation) fully understand the target reference position.
• Will familiarize himself with the technical capability of the winch’s system and its components.
• Will be responsible for the correct deployment of anchors and anchor lines associated with the barge move operations and should ensure that the equipment provided is fit-for-purpose.
• Liaise with the client and office on all matters concerning the barge move.
Similar Jobs to Barge Master
Should have held a position as a rigger for a minimum of 5 years, of which 2 years should be in an offshore environment. Must have a thorough knowledge of rigging and slinging loads to be lifted by a crane or other lifting equipment from a floating platform.
Shall comply with the regulations as stated in QP’s Lifting Equipment Technical regulations Doc. No. QP – REG – Q- 001 Revision 4 Section 7.2.2. He must also have an understanding of the control of these loads, whether by mechanical or manual means, and be able to use crane hand signals as recommended in BS 7121 part 1.
Type: Staff or Contract / SiteSalary: QAR 1300 / monthRigger for a project at Qatar Petroleum
Posted: Tue 13 Sep at 13:06 Expires: Tue 11 Oct at 13:06
LiveFuel Dispensing Attendant
At least secondary school graduate qualifications from a government approved mechanical maintenance training program of at least six (6) months duration with not less than two years experience in fuel dispensing or bunkering operations preferably in fuel station or shipyard.
Two years plus experience in fuel dispensing or bunkering operations preferably in fuel station or shipyard. Must have thorough knowledge of safety requirement during dispensing. Reading, writing and understanding of English Language.
Type: Staff or Contract / SiteSalary: QAR 850/monthFuel Dispensing Attendant for a project at Qatar Petroleum
Posted: Tue 13 Sep at 12:57 Expires: Tue 11 Oct at 12:57
Must have qualifications from a government approved hydraulic equipment maintenance training program of at least two (2) years duration. A minimum of four (4) years hands-on experience in hydraulic equipment and system maintenance.
Must possess the ability to accurately use of Hydraulic. Hose fabrication equipment and a minimum of two years manufacturing/hose fabrication experience. Knowledge in identifying the hose/fitting types.
Type: Staff or Contract / SiteSalary: QAR 2100/monthHydraulic Technician for a project at Qatar Petroleum
Posted: Tue 13 Sep at 12:54 Expires: Tue 11 Oct at 12:54
LiveMarine Civil Foreman
Should have at least a 3 year engineering diploma to ONC or equivalent standard in Civil/Structural Engineering discipline. Should have at least five (5) years experience as a lead worker preferably in a port/shipyard or other marine facility. The candidate should have at least 5 years’ experience in oil and gas or petrochemical industry or in a similar facility, as a Planning Technician.
Identification of materials utilized by the maintenance crews, ensuring that the necessary documentation, such as, material certificates etc. are in order. Ability to work under maintenance supervisor to assist him on the day-to-day operations undertaken by the maintenance team. He must be able to read and communicate in the English language.
Type: Staff or Contract / SiteSalary: 4200Marine Civil Foreman for a Qatar Petroleum Project
Posted: Tue 13 Sep at 12:50 Expires: Tue 11 Oct at 12:50
LiveMarine Mechanical Assistant
Should have a mechanical / marine trade certificate from a government approved training program of at least two (2) years duration Should have worked a minimum of 4 years in marine industry or shipyard assisting a mechanical / marine technician.
Shall be able to assist in mechanical repairs and should be familiar with hand tools, fasteners and other similar equipment. Staff selected for this position shall have good spoken skills in English.
Type: Staff or Contract / SiteSalary: QAR 1600Marine mechanical assistant for a Qatar Petroleum Project
Posted: Tue 13 Sep at 12:45 Expires: Tue 11 Oct at 12:45