You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
BARGE MASTER TO COMMAND A HOOK UP / 300T CRANE/ 300MEN ACCOMMODATION BARGE IN NIGERIA
Salary: Best in offshore industry
Working Locations: Offshore
Posted: 04/10/2011 07:00:00
Expires: 01/11/2011 07:00:00
Key RequirementsWe are looking for Barge Masters with at least 10 years experience in offshore industry working with Oil Majors,
Must be a qualified barge master.
Rotation is 3 months on and 1 month...
Language: English / French
Job Type: one year contract, paid during on
Job DescriptionThe Barge Master is the over all incharge and responsible for the following :
• Ensure that the vessel is anchored safely at all times throughout the construction operations.
• Ensure that all the anchor handling activities are performed by qualified personnel and conducted according to approved procedures and good working practices.
• Delegate and assign the work to the barge crew.
• The Barge Master shall have ultimate responsibility for the anchor handling operations, ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe manner and without damage to any facilities or equipment.
• The Barge Master shall coordinate the anchor handling operations and instruct of the Anchor foreman, communicating and controlling the activities with the AHT Master Anchor Hoist Operators.
• The Barge Master will be competent in all aspects of barge moving, including anchor handling operation, towing, seaworthiness, navigation, appraisal of weather and passage plan,etc….
• He will be responsible for all aspects from the current position until the next location.
• Will, in conjunction with the clinet, responsible for ensuring that all marine operations are conducted in such a manner as to safeguard the integrity of all equipment, barge and vessels.
• Will be responsible for ensuring that all key personnel involved in the barge move receive a detailed briefing prior to the commencement of barge-move operations.
• Will plan regarding the tow route and passage plan, including monitoring the latest information on barge move positions or obstructions that may be in the vicinity along the tow route or the new location.
• Will approve the procedures, risks assessment, catenary calculation,….
• Shall ensure the barge is ready for tow by inspecting the following, including but not limited to: Sea fastenings - Winch and anchor systems -Tow wires and towing arrangements
• Will familiarize himself with details of the arrival location, water depth,
• Shall confirm that the correct position reference has been input into the survey display and that all personnel involved in the barge move (positioning operation) fully understand the target reference position.
• Will familiarize himself with the technical capability of the winch’s system and its components.
• Will be responsible for the correct deployment of anchors and anchor lines associated with the barge move operations and should ensure that the equipment provided is fit-for-purpose.
• Liaise with the client and office on all matters concerning the barge move.
Similar Jobs to Barge Master
LiveTechnical Manager - Diving & ROV - Nigeria - 28/28- STAFF
Technical Manager - Diving & ROV - Nigeria - 28/28- STAFF
Technical Manager - Diving & ROV - Nigeria - 28/28- STAFF SPENCER OGDEN has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Project Management professional with a strong background of leading on Subsea projects, using both ROVs and specialist Diving Systems. Working with a number of key Operators and EPC Contractors, my client are looking to strengthen their Senior Management Team, with an Operations Manager that will oversee the activity of a large group of project teams and provide technical insight as and when required. With this comes an even back to back rotation with a counter-part with an excellent salary and benefits package on offer. Services provided by client : - - Subsea Installation/Construction - Inspection Repair & Maintenance incl. replacements and change-outs - Positioning Support - Survey - Project Management Essential Criteria : - - You must have an Engineering Degree in a Mechanical, Electrical or Marine discipline. - You must be fluent in English both written and oral. - A strong Technical Engineering background in ROV and Diving Systems - Non Negotiable - You must have experience of managing multiple Subsea projects and managing relationships between different project teams. - Previous experience of running a Business Unit, responsible for the Financial and Budgeting aspects of the business. - Strong mentoring skills and the ability to motivate a growing local team. - You must be willing to work on an even 28/28 rotation. - Strong people management skills and actively encourage team building whenever possible. - Prior working knowledge of the West African Subsea market. Responsibilities :- - Provide technical leadership and expertise in areas of knowledge and experience - Supervise, direct and review technical contributions of Engineers and project personnel on projects and company-wide activities - Ensure that Contractors' work and products satisfy contractual requirements and adhere to authority requirements - Manage the follow up of the engineering progress, compliance with Contract requirements as well as coordinate the risk based follow up strategy with the relevant technical disciplines and engineers. - Provide direction and oversight to Engineers, Project Engineers and other operations personnel assigned to projects. - Engage in Business Development for new Clients for all Company's scope of services and always looking at new opportunities or strategies to develop the Company's portfolio of Projects. - Engage in Business Development for new Clients for all Company's scope of services and always looking at new opportunities or strategies to develop the Company's portfolio of Projects. - Keep a close eye on Company budgets, always emphasizing cost-control practices. - Implement and monitor the annual and medium term operational plans, programs, projects to meet overall objectives and agreed timings. For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office
Type: Long Term Contract / International,Office,Offshore,SiteSalary: Negotiable + travel etc.Technical Manager - Diving & ROV - Nigeria - 28/28- STAFF
Posted: Tue 26 May at 17:00 Expires: Tue 23 Jun at 17:00
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Direct a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Account Executives. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 1. Sales and marketing of all Pipeline & marine products 2. Support the sales team in the business development activity for product market segment(s). 3. Key client account management. 4. Expand the business portfolio by adding complimentary products / principals. 5. Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability. 6. Responsible for the performance and development of the Account Executives. 7. Prepares action plans by inpiduals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects. 8. Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets. 9. Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed. 10. Conducts one-on-one review with all Account Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive's sales and activity performance. 11. Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance. 12. Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin. 13. Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Executives. 14. Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses. 15. Assists Account Executives in preparation of proposals and presentations. 16. Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines. 17. Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team. CRITICAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS * Must be holding Bachelor's Degree in any Engineering. * Must be holding at least 5+ years of relevant experience in a large heavy engineering / oil field services company. * A highly motivated and organized inpidual. * Able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of the training market within the region. * Capable of interacting with different cultures and be able to travel extensively throughout the region. * Good IT Skills - excellence in Excel, Word and overall good IT skills. * Must be holding valid Driving license. For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: $8000 - $8500 per monthResponsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Direct a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitabi...
Posted: Mon 18 May at 10:00 Expires: Mon 15 Jun at 10:00