You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
BARGE MASTER TO COMMAND A HOOK UP / 300T CRANE/ 300MEN ACCOMMODATION BARGE IN NIGERIA
Salary: Best in offshore industry
Working Locations: Offshore
Posted: 04/10/2011 07:00:00
Expires: 01/11/2011 07:00:00
Key RequirementsWe are looking for Barge Masters with at least 10 years experience in offshore industry working with Oil Majors,
Must be a qualified barge master.
Rotation is 3 months on and 1 month...
Language: English / French
Job Type: one year contract, paid during on
Job DescriptionThe Barge Master is the over all incharge and responsible for the following :
• Ensure that the vessel is anchored safely at all times throughout the construction operations.
• Ensure that all the anchor handling activities are performed by qualified personnel and conducted according to approved procedures and good working practices.
• Delegate and assign the work to the barge crew.
• The Barge Master shall have ultimate responsibility for the anchor handling operations, ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe manner and without damage to any facilities or equipment.
• The Barge Master shall coordinate the anchor handling operations and instruct of the Anchor foreman, communicating and controlling the activities with the AHT Master Anchor Hoist Operators.
• The Barge Master will be competent in all aspects of barge moving, including anchor handling operation, towing, seaworthiness, navigation, appraisal of weather and passage plan,etc….
• He will be responsible for all aspects from the current position until the next location.
• Will, in conjunction with the clinet, responsible for ensuring that all marine operations are conducted in such a manner as to safeguard the integrity of all equipment, barge and vessels.
• Will be responsible for ensuring that all key personnel involved in the barge move receive a detailed briefing prior to the commencement of barge-move operations.
• Will plan regarding the tow route and passage plan, including monitoring the latest information on barge move positions or obstructions that may be in the vicinity along the tow route or the new location.
• Will approve the procedures, risks assessment, catenary calculation,….
• Shall ensure the barge is ready for tow by inspecting the following, including but not limited to: Sea fastenings - Winch and anchor systems -Tow wires and towing arrangements
• Will familiarize himself with details of the arrival location, water depth,
• Shall confirm that the correct position reference has been input into the survey display and that all personnel involved in the barge move (positioning operation) fully understand the target reference position.
• Will familiarize himself with the technical capability of the winch’s system and its components.
• Will be responsible for the correct deployment of anchors and anchor lines associated with the barge move operations and should ensure that the equipment provided is fit-for-purpose.
• Liaise with the client and office on all matters concerning the barge move.
Similar Jobs to Barge Master
LiveTerminal Base Superintendent
B.Sc. Degree in Maritime/Transport Management or related course in Logistics
Management. A degree or diploma in any of the social sciences will be an
advantage.A graduate member of a recognized professional body in Maritime/Transport
Management.Must be fluent in English Language - spoken and written.Must possess qualities of integrity, patience and understand interpersonal
relationship.Must show deep sense of commitment and dedication to organizational
The Terminal Base Superintendent will supervise and control all Terminal Base activities including: Handling of Cargoes from Quayside to warehouse/ stacking area EX Ocean Going Vessels * Offloading/ Loading of cargoes at stacking area/ warehouse * Transfer within Base for custom Examinations * Stacking area occupied by cargoes in stacking/ warehouse * Project cargo * Loading/off loading of barges Project Cargoes * Release /delivery of import cargoes * Offloading of cargoes for export * Measurement of space occupied by import cargoes * All Terminal Base Documentation of the Base * Job orders/job sheets and any other documentation generating the invoices * Plant and equipment utilization during terminal operations * Base Security in conjunction with Security Manager * Personnel of the authorities involved in the Terminal Base operations: NPA and Customs For more information about this role please contact our London office
Type: Long Term Contract / InternationalSalary: Not statedThe Terminal Base Superintendent will supervise and control all Terminal Base activities including: Handling of Cargoes from Quayside to warehouse/ stacking area EX Ocean Going Vessels
Posted: Mon 24 Nov at 9:50 Expires: Mon 22 Dec at 9:50
Must have Triton MRV experience and hold a Seaman's Book
Advance Global Recruitments Client require an ROV Supervisor using a Triton MRV System for a 6-8 week job in Nigeria. This is an ongoing project that could lead to future rotations. Candidates must have experience of using the Triton MRV system and also hold a vaid Seaman's book.
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: Day Rate NegotiableROV Supervisor using a Triton MRV System for a 6-8 week job in Nigeria
Posted: Mon 17 Nov at 13:05 Expires: Mon 15 Dec at 13:05