You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
BARGE MASTER TO COMMAND A HOOK UP / 300T CRANE/ 300MEN ACCOMMODATION BARGE IN NIGERIA
Salary: Best in offshore industry
Working Locations: Offshore
Posted: 04/10/2011 07:00:00
Expires: 01/11/2011 07:00:00
Key RequirementsWe are looking for Barge Masters with at least 10 years experience in offshore industry working with Oil Majors,
Must be a qualified barge master.
Rotation is 3 months on and 1 month...
Language: English / French
Job Type: one year contract, paid during on
Job DescriptionThe Barge Master is the over all incharge and responsible for the following :
• Ensure that the vessel is anchored safely at all times throughout the construction operations.
• Ensure that all the anchor handling activities are performed by qualified personnel and conducted according to approved procedures and good working practices.
• Delegate and assign the work to the barge crew.
• The Barge Master shall have ultimate responsibility for the anchor handling operations, ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe manner and without damage to any facilities or equipment.
• The Barge Master shall coordinate the anchor handling operations and instruct of the Anchor foreman, communicating and controlling the activities with the AHT Master Anchor Hoist Operators.
• The Barge Master will be competent in all aspects of barge moving, including anchor handling operation, towing, seaworthiness, navigation, appraisal of weather and passage plan,etc….
• He will be responsible for all aspects from the current position until the next location.
• Will, in conjunction with the clinet, responsible for ensuring that all marine operations are conducted in such a manner as to safeguard the integrity of all equipment, barge and vessels.
• Will be responsible for ensuring that all key personnel involved in the barge move receive a detailed briefing prior to the commencement of barge-move operations.
• Will plan regarding the tow route and passage plan, including monitoring the latest information on barge move positions or obstructions that may be in the vicinity along the tow route or the new location.
• Will approve the procedures, risks assessment, catenary calculation,….
• Shall ensure the barge is ready for tow by inspecting the following, including but not limited to: Sea fastenings - Winch and anchor systems -Tow wires and towing arrangements
• Will familiarize himself with details of the arrival location, water depth,
• Shall confirm that the correct position reference has been input into the survey display and that all personnel involved in the barge move (positioning operation) fully understand the target reference position.
• Will familiarize himself with the technical capability of the winch’s system and its components.
• Will be responsible for the correct deployment of anchors and anchor lines associated with the barge move operations and should ensure that the equipment provided is fit-for-purpose.
• Liaise with the client and office on all matters concerning the barge move.
Similar Jobs to Barge Master
LiveFleet Manager (Offshore vessels)
Marine Engineer background (COC Class I) with strong sailing experience on board AHTS/PSV. 5 - 10 years of onshore management exp as Senior Tech Sup/Fleet Manager with an Offshore Support Shipowner.
Our client, a shipowner in full expansion on the offshore market, is looking for an experienced Fleet Manager to overall the shipmanagement team in Singapore then in Dubai: Responsibilities: *Budgetary responsibility which including the preparation of budgets in accordance with the organisations requirement and monitoring of agreed budgets set. *Responsible for daily management of fleet of Offshore Support vessels *To ensure vessel/s comply with all relevant rules & regulations with special emphasis on the ISM code, the ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004 standard as well as flag state, port state and the industry's special requirements and regulations, and render support to ships as appropriate. *Preparing fleet status daily report for review by Technical Director. *Responsible for the management of a team of people who work within Fleet Management. *Plan, control and execute activities relating to maintenance, repairs, survey and certificate requirements, dry docking, conversion or modification of assigned vessels *In charge of vessel's dry-docking and dry-docking costs control Requirements: *Marine Engineer background (COC Class I) with strong sailing experience on board AHTS/PSV *5 - 10 years of shore management experience with Offshore Support Vessels. *Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot marine technical issues with good budget control. *Independent and resourceful.
Type: Long Term Contract / InternationalSalary: $180000 - $210000 per annum + BonusOur client, a shipowner in full expansion on the offshore market, is looking for an experienced Fleet Manager to overall the shipmanagement team in Singapore then in Dubai: Respon...
Posted: Fri 21 Nov at 10:00 Expires: Fri 19 Dec at 10:00
LiveTechnical Superintendent - Dry Cargo
This organisation is a leading ship management company globally. Currently they are searching for an enthusiastic, hardworking Technical Superintendent to be part of their well established team.
This position will be responsible for the daily operation of their vessels operating in Asia, looking after the overall technical management of mainly on their dry-cargo vessels, overseeing day-to-day maintenance & technical operations. The position may also be required to sail with vessel as to act and/or guide the Master or C/E from time to time.
To be successful in this position, the incumbent will need to have a valid COC 1 chief engineer license, ideally has 5 years working onshore as a Technical Superintendent on commercial vessels and has sailed on chemical/oil/product tankers.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: $8000.00 - $10000.00 per monthThis organisation is a leading ship management company globally. Currently they are searching for an enthusiastic, hardworking Technical Superintendent to be part of their well est...
Posted: Fri 21 Nov at 10:00 Expires: Fri 19 Dec at 10:00
LiveTechnical Projects Manager
Our client, are looking for a Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The position is based in Germany, and will involve extensive travel. As Project Manager you will report into the Senior Project Manager and ensure that all projects under your supervision are managed according to company standards and marine industry standards. This varied role will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to manage, plan and supervise multiple bespoke projects, providing logistical and technical solutions. You will have responsibility for designated projects from startup through to completion. Key responsibilities will include preparing proposals and budgets, developing strategies, establishing milestones and schedules, monitoring the technical and final performance of projects and preparing reports on this. The ideal candidate will have: - Degree in Nautical Science/ Marine Engineering -High level seagoing experience is preferable -Extensive project management experience -Freight shipping experience - Varied vessel experience -Transhipment experience is preferred - Knowledge and experience in multiple aspects of the shipping industry - Good language skills, fluent English is essential, additional German skills would be positive - IT literate and proficient with Microsoft Office - Strong interpersonal skills - Self-motivated attitude and ability to work well as part of a team -A flexible mind set, and the ability to create a unique solution for each project This role offers the right candidate an exciting opportunity to take a key role with a global company.
Type: Long Term Contract / InternationalSalary: £1 per annum + Attractive Salary + BenefitsOur client, are looking for a Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The position is based in Germany, and will involve extensive travel. As Project Manager you ...
Posted: Thu 20 Nov at 18:00 Expires: Thu 18 Dec at 18:00
LiveROV Supervisor / Pilot Tech
Must have good Triton System experience. Must be European or American Nationality Hold Valid Offshore Certificates
Advance Global Recruitments Clint requires an ROV Supervisor and ROV Pilot Tech for a 4-6 week job in China using a Triton XLX system mobilising early January 2015. Candidates must have strong Triton experience to be considered for this role.
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: Day Rate NegotiableROV Supervisor and ROV Pilot Tech required for a 4-6 week job in China using a Triton XLX System.
Posted: Thu 20 Nov at 16:07 Expires: Thu 18 Dec at 16:07
LiveChief Engineer - UK Tugs
Chief Engineer with Tug vessel experience - Temporary- Various Dates in December - £260 per day
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chief Engineer to work on a Tug vessel based in the UK. A number of positions have opened up on various dates throughout December,
To apply you must have previous experience of working on a Tug vessel , You will also need to send your valid British Chief Engineer limited licence and a valid ENG1 and STCW 95 certification.
The ability to speak fluent English is also essential.
This is a varied and challenging position that will offer the successful candidate a high level of job satisfaction. To apply for this role or for more information call +44 (0) 2392 314680 and ask for Tim Miller
Think Maritime. Think Navis Consulting.
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: £260 per dayChief Engineer with Tug vessel experience - Temporary- Various Dates in December - £260 per day An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chief Engineer to work on a Tug vessel ba...
Posted: Thu 20 Nov at 15:00 Expires: Thu 18 Dec at 15:00