You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
BARGE MASTER TO COMMAND A HOOK UP / 300T CRANE/ 300MEN ACCOMMODATION BARGE IN NIGERIA
Salary: Best in offshore industry
Working Locations: Offshore
Posted: 04/10/2011 07:00:00
Expires: 01/11/2011 07:00:00
Key RequirementsWe are looking for Barge Masters with at least 10 years experience in offshore industry working with Oil Majors,
Must be a qualified barge master.
Rotation is 3 months on and 1 month...
Language: English / French
Job Type: one year contract, paid during on
Job DescriptionThe Barge Master is the over all incharge and responsible for the following :
• Ensure that the vessel is anchored safely at all times throughout the construction operations.
• Ensure that all the anchor handling activities are performed by qualified personnel and conducted according to approved procedures and good working practices.
• Delegate and assign the work to the barge crew.
• The Barge Master shall have ultimate responsibility for the anchor handling operations, ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe manner and without damage to any facilities or equipment.
• The Barge Master shall coordinate the anchor handling operations and instruct of the Anchor foreman, communicating and controlling the activities with the AHT Master Anchor Hoist Operators.
• The Barge Master will be competent in all aspects of barge moving, including anchor handling operation, towing, seaworthiness, navigation, appraisal of weather and passage plan,etc….
• He will be responsible for all aspects from the current position until the next location.
• Will, in conjunction with the clinet, responsible for ensuring that all marine operations are conducted in such a manner as to safeguard the integrity of all equipment, barge and vessels.
• Will be responsible for ensuring that all key personnel involved in the barge move receive a detailed briefing prior to the commencement of barge-move operations.
• Will plan regarding the tow route and passage plan, including monitoring the latest information on barge move positions or obstructions that may be in the vicinity along the tow route or the new location.
• Will approve the procedures, risks assessment, catenary calculation,….
• Shall ensure the barge is ready for tow by inspecting the following, including but not limited to: Sea fastenings - Winch and anchor systems -Tow wires and towing arrangements
• Will familiarize himself with details of the arrival location, water depth,
• Shall confirm that the correct position reference has been input into the survey display and that all personnel involved in the barge move (positioning operation) fully understand the target reference position.
• Will familiarize himself with the technical capability of the winch’s system and its components.
• Will be responsible for the correct deployment of anchors and anchor lines associated with the barge move operations and should ensure that the equipment provided is fit-for-purpose.
• Liaise with the client and office on all matters concerning the barge move.
Similar Jobs to Barge Master
LiveChief Engineer and Master Mariner
In association with a leading ship management client, ABLY RESOURCES are seeking CHIEF ENGINEERS and MASTER MARINERS in Singapore. Operating on a 4-on/4-off rotation, these opportunities are on-board Chemical Tankers, Petroleum Tankers and LNG Carriers. The client is one of the Asia Pacific region's leading ship owner and operator, including an extensive fleet and offshore floating facilities. Interested candidates should have a strong background in Chemical Tanker/LNG Carrier related activities and have extensive experience working in Chief Engineer or Master Mariner capacities.
Type: Long Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: Not statedIn association with a leading ship management client, ABLY RESOURCES are seeking CHIEF ENGINEERS and MASTER MARINERS in Singapore. Operating on a 4-on/4-off rotation, these opport...
Posted: Mon 24 Oct at 11:00 Expires: Mon 21 Nov at 11:00
Qualifications and Experience The OIM/ Master is required to have: Valid Master License STCW 95 II/2, and appropriate Flag State endorsement, GMDSS General Operator's certificate, Dynamic Positioning Operator certification, and other regulatory and non-regulatory courses. All STCW 95 required training for Master on class of vessel and flag requirements. An endorsement issued by the Flag Authority for recognition of Foreign Master's Certificate without restrictions for class of vessel and equivalent to the national license. Valid STCW SSO Certificate. Valid OIM unrestricted License. Valid DP certificate. Prior operational experience onboard a deepwater dual-activity drillship, or a minimum of 6 years operational mode as a Chief Mate on a deepwater DP dual-activity drilling ship. Minimum of 9 years offshore deepwater experience. Good supervisory and communication skills, in English, oral and written. Completed of Kongsberg K-POS DP Operator Course (Drilling Scenario & Power Management) course. Completed of Kongsberg K-Bridge (inc Type Specific ECDIS as per STCW) course. Completed of Kongsberg K-Chief 700 Operator course. Completed of Neutronix NASDrill RS925 Operator and Maintenance course. Valid IADC WellSHARP Surface/Subsea - Supervisor Level course. Valid ECDIS training. Valid BOSIET training. Valid Basic & Advance Fire Fighting training. Completed of Management of Major Emergencies Team Member course. Completed of Management of Major Emergencies - PIC course. Completed of advanced IFS training.
Position Scope The OIM/Master is responsible for the safe operation of the ship and for prevention of pollution or damage to the environment. He/she is empowered in all situations with overriding authority to act decisively and according to his/her best judgment to prevent injury to crew members, other persons and to protect his/her ship, other ships, property and marine environment from damage. The OIM/Master will not be constrained by the company, contractor, or any other person, from making any decision that, in the professional judgment of the OIM/Master, is necessary for vessel safety, particularly in severe weather and heavy seas. In certain situations, his/her authority may mean deviation from documented procedures when necessary. The OIM/Master shall request assistance from the company at any time in order to fulfill these responsibilities. The OIM/Master maintains ultimate responsible for Marine personnel competency, training and coaching.
Type: Long Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: Salary NegotiableThe OIM/Master is the lead of the Marine department onboard the drillship. He/she must possess the required qualifications and proper experience to manage the day to day operations of the ship. He/she must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all marine operations onboard. He/she has the overriding authority and responsibility to make decisions with respect to safety and security of crew, the ship and marine environment and to request the Company's onshore assistance as may be necessary.
Posted: Wed 05 Oct at 15:14 Expires: Sun 04 Dec at 15:14