You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
BARGE MASTER TO COMMAND A HOOK UP / 300T CRANE/ 300MEN ACCOMMODATION BARGE IN NIGERIA
Salary: Best in offshore industry
Working Locations: Offshore
Posted: 04/10/2011 07:00:00
Expires: 01/11/2011 07:00:00
Key RequirementsWe are looking for Barge Masters with at least 10 years experience in offshore industry working with Oil Majors,
Must be a qualified barge master.
Rotation is 3 months on and 1 month...
Language: English / French
Job Type: one year contract, paid during on
Job DescriptionThe Barge Master is the over all incharge and responsible for the following :
• Ensure that the vessel is anchored safely at all times throughout the construction operations.
• Ensure that all the anchor handling activities are performed by qualified personnel and conducted according to approved procedures and good working practices.
• Delegate and assign the work to the barge crew.
• The Barge Master shall have ultimate responsibility for the anchor handling operations, ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe manner and without damage to any facilities or equipment.
• The Barge Master shall coordinate the anchor handling operations and instruct of the Anchor foreman, communicating and controlling the activities with the AHT Master Anchor Hoist Operators.
• The Barge Master will be competent in all aspects of barge moving, including anchor handling operation, towing, seaworthiness, navigation, appraisal of weather and passage plan,etc….
• He will be responsible for all aspects from the current position until the next location.
• Will, in conjunction with the clinet, responsible for ensuring that all marine operations are conducted in such a manner as to safeguard the integrity of all equipment, barge and vessels.
• Will be responsible for ensuring that all key personnel involved in the barge move receive a detailed briefing prior to the commencement of barge-move operations.
• Will plan regarding the tow route and passage plan, including monitoring the latest information on barge move positions or obstructions that may be in the vicinity along the tow route or the new location.
• Will approve the procedures, risks assessment, catenary calculation,….
• Shall ensure the barge is ready for tow by inspecting the following, including but not limited to: Sea fastenings - Winch and anchor systems -Tow wires and towing arrangements
• Will familiarize himself with details of the arrival location, water depth,
• Shall confirm that the correct position reference has been input into the survey display and that all personnel involved in the barge move (positioning operation) fully understand the target reference position.
• Will familiarize himself with the technical capability of the winch’s system and its components.
• Will be responsible for the correct deployment of anchors and anchor lines associated with the barge move operations and should ensure that the equipment provided is fit-for-purpose.
• Liaise with the client and office on all matters concerning the barge move.
Similar Jobs to Barge Master
To be considered for this position candidates must have the following experience:
- Proven track record and previous experience as a Marine Superintendent is desirable.
- Offshore experience as Master or Deck Officer
- High commercial acumen and a record of confidence dealing with middle managers through decision makers.
- Superior presentation and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Progressive technical career in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Certificate of competency as Master Mariner or Chief Officer
- Provide management and technical support to both the team internally and clients when required
- Plan offshore marine operations for audits, surveys and rig moves
- Working closely with clients in a project management function as and when required
- Write or review procedures pertaining to specific projects
- Supervise internal marine technical function
- Attend client meetings to review rig move procedures
- Perform audits and inspections
- Attend vessel visits for safety brief and suitability surveys
- Plan and conduct HAZID's and HAZOP's for projects on request of the client
- Check and assess the final reports prior to submission to the client
- Oversee audits and improvement reviews both internally and externally
- Participate actively in the continual improvement of client services in order to add value to the client offering
- Prepare quotes and and costs for clients based on contract rates and clients current rates
- Prepare operation specific procedures, risk assessments and any other marine jobs, according to the industry standards, unit specifications and client instructions.
- Develop procedures for Anchor Handling and Mooring Installations
- Ensure that marine documentation prepared by our client is in compliance with industry approved regulations and legislation.
- Attend relevant exhibitions, trade shows as agreed by management.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling performance of equipment and services in terms of safety and quality levels.
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally. To follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures. Be an ambassador for the business; in particular ensure Health and Safety comes first at all times.
Type: Long Term Contract / InternationalSalary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + competitive benefits packageMarine Superintendent
The Marine Superintendent will be based in the Aberdeen office and report into the Marine Manager. This role requires the successful candidate to be located in the Aberdeen area within a commutable distance of the office. There will be travel involved both locally and internationally for which the candidate will be compensated on top of their basic salary package.
Posted: Fri 26 Jun at 15:00 Expires: Fri 24 Jul at 15:00
LiveDP Marine superintendent
• Class 1 master Mariner Unlimited & DPO Unlimited • Working background on Offshore Vesselss and working with DP2 or DP3 Systems. Kongsberg, Converteam • Previously sailed vessel types such as DP Derrick Pipe lay and DP Heavy lift construction ships • Expert with DP FMEA, sea trial procedures • Must have extensive time as DPO – with ideally in excess of 8000 hours DP time
• Ensuring company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class & statutory regulations. • Supervises all operation activities of marine section fleet • Ensure adequate implementation of the company policies and safety management system. • Ensures all vessels are maintained and operated in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with the relevant local and international rules & regulations. • Ensures all offshore crew are well trained and ready for the required tasks. • Coordinates with other department in the company to ensure high level of operation readiness. • Monitor the reports received from the vessels and instructs key personnel of the shore based management team to follow-up the report as necessary. Head the investigation and reports on vessel incidents/accidents and assists in preventing any recurrence with close support with the Designated person. • To ensure recruitment of well qualified DP seagoing crew complying with STCW requirement and any client special needs.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedWe are currently looking for a DP Marine superintendent for a major construction and fabrication company in UAE- office based/ staff position in Abu Dhabi office
Posted: Fri 26 Jun at 9:36 Expires: Fri 24 Jul at 9:36
The key dimension of this role is to provide technical support to UKCS and African operations as follows: Plan offshore marine operations for rig moves, audits and surveys Conduct audits and surveys, on behalf of clients Provide direct project management to clients on development projects Review procedures for specific projects Act as on site project manager as required by the client or project Attend client meetings for rig moves review Conduct HAZID's and HAZOP's as required for client projects Keep daily updates on the status of each on-going offshore operation under your responsibility Prepare operation specific procedures, risk assessments and any other marine jobs, according to the industry standards, unit specifications and client instructions Provide input into procedures for anchor handling and installation of mooring systems Prepare equipment specifications Promote and implement the QA system for a fully accountable and auditable service Monitor and control performance of equipment and services on an ongoing basis in terms of safety and quality levels Experience & Qualifications STCW95 Certificate of Competency as Master Mariner Rig move and seagoing experience on board an Anchor Handling vessel is highly desirable The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies: Excellent team spirit and proactive attitude Ability to deliver high quality work on time Ability to work on their own initiative with good problem solving skills Good written and verbal communication skills Ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently Diligence & attention to detail Applications Applicants are invited from UK residents only as our client cannot offer sponsorship or relocation. MAC Resourcing offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work. MAC Resourcing is a Corporate Member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is accredited for the ISO 9001 quality standard, ISO 14001 environmental standard and also the OHSAS 18001 health and safety standard.
Type: Staff / Site, Offshore, InternationalSalary: Not statedMAC Resourcing is partnering with an Aberdeen based client to recruit a Marine Superintendent to join their growing team. Applicants must hold a Master Mariner or Deck Officer CoC. An AHTS background and rig move experience is essential
Posted: Fri 26 Jun at 9:32 Expires: Fri 24 Jul at 9:32
Required Capabilities: Proven track record and previous experience as a Marine Superintendent. Experience of working in the oil and gas sector. Offshore experience as Master or Deck Officer. High commercial acumen and a record of confidence dealing with middle managers through to decision makers. Superior presentation and excellent oral and written communication skills. Progressive technical career in the oil and gas sector. Degree qualified or equivalent. Certificate of competency as Master Mariner or Chief Officer
Key Responsibilities: Provide direct project management to clients on development projects. Write or review procedures for specific projects. Act as on site project manager as required by the client or project. Supervise marine technical function Attend client meetings for rig moves review. Perform audits and inspection surveys. Attend vessel visits for safety brief and suitability surveys. Plan and conduct HAZID's and HAZOP's as required for client projects. Check and assess the reports and approve the final report for publishing and distribution to the client. Oversee audits and improvement reviews internally and externally. Keep daily updates on the status of each on-going offshore operation under your responsibility. Participate actively in the continual improvement of our client's services in order to add value to the service offered. Prepare quotes and costs for Clients based on contract rates and our client's current rates, as applicable. Prepare operation specific procedures, risk assessments and any other marine jobs, according to the industry standards, unit specifications and client instructions. Develop procedures for anchor handling and installation of mooring systems. Ensure that marine documentation prepared by our client is in compliance with industry approved regulations and legislation. Prepare equipment specifications. Attend relevant exhibitions, trade shows as agreed with management. Travel to International locations as required by the role. Promote and implement company QA system for a fully accountable and auditable service. Assist in monitoring and controlling performance of equipment and services in terms of safety and quality levels. Ensure all HSEQ rules and regulations are communicated and enforced throughout the Organisation. Proactively participate to safety awareness and improvement. To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally. To follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures. Be an ambassador for the business; in particular ensure that Health & Safety comes first at all times.
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: Not statedEden Scott are recruiting for a Marine Superintendent to provide management and technical support with our client based in Aberdeen. You would be responsible for planning offshore marine operations for rig moves, audits and surveys and to manage a marine consultancy service and marine assurance on behalf of their clients.
Posted: Thu 25 Jun at 16:20 Expires: Thu 02 Jul at 16:20
Master Unlimited, Dutch COC, Non DP, 4 Point Mooring, 6 on/6 off, Temp to Perm
Our client currently operates Crew Transfer Vessels (CTV) and Dive Support Vessels (DSV) with operations in the UK, Netherlands, Denmark and Germany. They require a Master Unlimited (or up to 3000) with 4 point mooring experience for a Dive Support Vessel to begin in July on initial contract role, with a view to a permanent position.
Rotation: 6 weeks on/ 6 weeks off
Contract: Initial contract position with potential to a permanent contract.
Location: North Europe
Master Unlimited Certification or up to Master 3000.
At least 5 years' experience as a Master mariner.
4 Point Mooring Experience.
Dive Support Vessel experience preferred but not essential.
Valid Dutch COC Certification.
Additional Seafaring Certification an advantage.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Europe
Please read all elements of the requirements carefully. Contact Sean Elliott at Xellient Recruitment for more information on / 00442034119765 / 00447711005872
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: £0.00 per annum + TBC (depending on skills and experience)Master Unlimited, Dutch COC, Non DP, 4 Point Mooring, 6 on/6 off, Temp to Perm
Posted: Thu 25 Jun at 15:00 Expires: Thu 23 Jul at 15:00