Project Controls Manager
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + Car, bonus, BUPA etc.
Working Locations: Office
Posted: 07/04/2013 16:00:00
Expires: 05/05/2013 16:00:00
Project Controls Manager (Oil & Gas / Manufacturing): London based, basic salary £80,000-100,000, fantastic pension, BUPA, 10% bonus, car allowance and more. World Class organisation and prestige name offering vast opportunities for career progression. Exceptional staff opportunity for exceptional staff project services manager.
Our client is a huge name in the oilfield equipment manufacturing industry, with signficant recent success and exciting and far reaching further growth plans in the UK and Worldwide. With over 150 years of history our client is a premier name in the oil & gas industry, operating on every continent around the globe and employing nearly 30,000 staff across numerous divisions. Our client's influence touches on many aspects of the oil & gas exploration and production process; they define progress within the industry with their creativity and cutting edge engineering, especially in the subsea arena.
Due to significant growth, we are looking for a Project Controls Manager to oversee project services for significant international projects which are about to commence. Although our client is in the oil & gas industry and this would be desirable, candidates from any technical engineering based or manufacturing environment could be considered, if they can display relevant skills and experience. This role could be perfect for an ambitious project controls manager interested in a staff position with genuine long term prospects.
Responsible for management and direction of the project services team assigned to the specific project including the planning, scheduling, estimating, cost control, contract administration, change management and control, progress measurement, risk analysis, document control, and administration functions.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of assigned planning/scheduling, risk management, cost control and document control staff
- Assists in the development of overall project services plans and associated procedures
- Develops and implements project services plans and procedures that are appropriate for project and are in compliance with company and client requirements
- Advises project director on contractual and business administration matters to ensure company is compensated in accordance with contractual terms
- Ensures project services activities during assigned project execution are consistently performed in compliance with established procedures
- Assists project management with developing technical/commercial documentation for scope of work and remuneration packages of work/services to be subcontracted
- Coordinates preparation, bid, evaluation, administration, execution and closeout of subcontracts
- Ensures effective cost control processes are implemented on the project for the accurate reporting of cost commitments, expenditures, and estimates at completion
- Develops project schedules in conjunction with all work groups and applies project services systems to be used for monitoring, controlling, predicting and reporting project progress, costs and schedules
- Ensures that effective project change management is implemented and that approved changes are input to control systems on a timely basis and that changes, trends and forecasts reflect the project scope
- Attends client's planning, scheduling, progress, cost, change, trend and estimating review meetings as appropriate taking the lead in presentations, explanations and discussions with owner on topics related to project services
- Provides recommendations regarding training and professional development of staff
- Evaluates project-specific performance of assigned members of the project control team to ensure expanded work knowledge and capabilities of team members
- Assists in preparation of final project close-out report
- Participates and assists in development and implementation of project services initiatives
- 7+ years of project services work experience in the oil and gas EPC and/or manufacturing environment
- Previous management and supervisory experience in leading project services team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of project management applications
- Expert understanding/knowledge of project execution processes/work flow, planning and scheduling best practices, schedule baseline development and maintenance, progress measurement and project management reporting systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Dependability and diligence in executing assigned work responsibilities
- International experience in leading and working with multinational staff
- Excellent skills in decision making, negotiating, influencing, coaching, management and customer service
Is This You? If so, don't hesitate - Apply Now!
This is an exceptional opportunity within a World Class, renowned organisation.
Similar Jobs to Project Controls Manager
LiveFull Lifecyle Automation Engineer
*Rockwell and/or Siemens Programming experience
*Full life-cycle systems design experience
*Ability to communicate with people at all levels of a business (internal & external)
A European market leading in Process Equipment for the Dairy sector is currently recruiting for 3 Automation Engineers who have experience in full lifecycle Automation Design, from concept & feasibility design right through to on site commissioning.
Due to substantial growth and continuation of service to their exisiting customers, the Automation team is looking to expand by 3 Engineers in the coming months.
With an excellent team set up and very healthy remuneration package, this is a company that invests in its people and offers a renowned career progression and support function.
The core requirements for this role are as follows:
- Rockwell and/or Siemens Programming experience
- Full life-cycle systems design experience
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of a business (internal & external)
Based in High Wycombe, my client is looking for the best on the market and will offer flexibility in order to secure them.
The package on offer for this role is between £40,000 & £45,000 basic as well as a pension plan in which you can contribute up to 6% where the company will put in 11%. On top of this there is a company car.
This is an opportunity to join a company with an excellent reputation both for the systems that are developed and the commitment and effort to push people throught he business and into a position that they want to do.
If you would be interested in applying for this role then please do so by calling 01179388088 and asking for Joshua Shaw or by emailing/uploading your CV on the link provided.
If there is any information you would like to know about this position then I am more than happy to give you any information you need.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + competitiveA European market leading in Process Equipment for the Dairy sector is currently recruiting for 3 Automation Engineers who have experience in full lifecycle Automation Design, from concept & feasibility design right through to on site commissioning.
Posted: Thu 02 Jul at 9:20 Expires: Thu 16 Jul at 9:20
LiveMechanical lead engineer - Space / Imaging - Contract
My client is currently looking for a lead project engineer to guide the successful delivery of a new product within their space and imaging department all the way from concept to production.
Mechanical lead engineer - Space / Imaging - Contract My client is currently looking for a lead project engineer to guide the successful delivery of a new product within their space and imaging department all the way from concept to production. Key requirements: Proven Mechanical Design experience +10 years Lifecycle design experience Ability to produce test and verification plans Exposure to dealing with project stakeholders Experience in PRO-E highly desirable If you think you're suitable for the role then please apply to Lewis at IC Resources for more information and a more detailed job spec. project manager - project engineer - mechanical lead - satcoms
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £340 - £440 per day + Competitive day rate depending on experienceMy client is currently looking for a lead project engineer to guide the successful delivery of a new product within their space and imaging department all the way from concept to production.
Posted: Thu 02 Jul at 7:00 Expires: Thu 30 Jul at 7:00
Our client is an international upstream Oil & Gas company with the majority of its production carried out in North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia and is committed to conducting its business safely, in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner
They are currently recruiting for the position of Metering Engineer, based in Aberdeen
Responsibilities will include:
Provide day to day technical support to the offshore Metering technician(s)
Progress longer term metering issues
Maintain site dispensation database, mismeasurement register, audit tracker database, site action tracker and environmental status tracker
Update of all existing platform metering manuals and procedures as required
Provide support to the Allocation and HCA department in preparation of mismeasurement reports
Mobilisation of offshore metering personnel in conjunction with site planner
Provide support to the Allocation and HCA department in preparation of AFA's
Action timely purchase, repair, calibration and recertification of field and test equipment
Accompany DECC/third parties on audits
Reduce cost and risk to company where possible and act on behalf of company's best interests
Education attainment & Accreditation
Recognised technical formal qualification, technical ONC/HNC/Degree or equivalent
Skills & Experience
Good working knowledge of:
Metering systems and equipment.
Relevant standards (API, ISO, AGA, IP)
Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 903849
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: negOur client is an international upstream Oil & Gas company with the majority of its production carried out in North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia and is committed to conducting its business safely, in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner
They are currently recruiting for the position of Metering Engineer, based in Aberdeen
Posted: Thu 02 Jul at 1:00 Expires: Thu 30 Jul at 1:00
I am recruiting for an Embedded Software Engineer and a DSP Engineer for vacancies in Cambridgeshire with a rapidly growing company that have recently developed a revolutionary new technology in the music industry and are looking to immediately fill a number of positions.
I am looking for candidates with degrees in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a Physical Science plus a proven track record in at least one of the following:
- Low level C and/or C++ development
- Modelling and development of signal processing algorithms in MATLAB
- Porting between platforms such as x86, XMOS, ARM and MIPS including assembly language optimisation
- Implementation and optimisation of DSP algorithms on platforms such as Motorola 56k, TMS320, SHARC, XMOS and Qualcomm Hexagon
- FPGA design
- Implementing cryptographic algorithms
- Implementing complex VST plug-ins, Audio Units and / or RTAS/AAX plug-ins
- Low level Android and / or iOS
- Field support and consultancy to technology licensees
- Performing measurements of audio equipment using dScope and /or Audio Precision analysers
The role is paying up to £60,000 plus offers a number of company benefits.
If you would be interested in an exciting new career move, please send me an up to date copy of your cv and I will give you a call to discuss in more detail.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: competitiveI am recruiting for an Embedded Software Engineer and a DSP Engineer for vacancies in Cambridgeshire with a rapidly growing company that have recently developed a revolutionary new...
Posted: Wed 01 Jul at 18:00 Expires: Wed 29 Jul at 18:00
LiveSenior Chassis Engineer
Senior Chassis Engineer (Mechanical): Coventry - Up to £50k
Huxley Engineering and a Global Name in Engineered Solutions for Technology & Production Innovation to the Automotive Industry are looking to recruit a Senior Chassis Engineer on a permanent basis for their offices in the Warwick / Coventry area, owing to succession planning within the organisation.
Working within the Vehicle Engineering department, my client are looking for a Senior Chassis Engineer with Suspension systems, axles, subframes, engine/transmission mounts and chassis system development experience to lead the successful delivery of a defined set of chassis components/systems which meet program-specific targets including functional performance, quality, cost and timing.
Liaising with internal CAD designers and CAE engineers to support component design/packaging activities and attribute development, the Senior Chassis Engineer will also be responsible for the effective management of tier 1 suppliers to develop components capable of meeting all technical requirements and achieving program gateway deliverables
In addition, the Lead Chassis Engineer must be responsible for understanding customer manufacturing requirements and providing a timely and effective resolution to any issues arising during prototype build events and vehicle testing, as well as ensure compliance with all standards including customer and legislative requirements.
Coupled with this, the Lead Chassis Engineer will also have responsibility for Design Verification (DV) planning and to manage DV delivery and maintaining / updating key project related documentation such as bill of material, dFMEA's, problem tracking database, engineering specifications, etc.
For this Senior Chassis Engineer role, my client are looking for a Lead Chassis Engineer with the following experience
- BEng / BSc in Engineering-related discipline (Automotive Engineering / Mechanical Engineering etc)
- Have proven experience of delivering chassis engineering products from concept to production within an OEM or tier 1 organisation
- Previous experience around Suspension systems, axles, subframes, engine/transmission mounts and chassis system development?
- Possess good knowledge of chassis component attributes, service implications, manufacturing and assembly requirements
For the successful Senior Chassis Engineer, a salary up to £50,000 plus benefits is on offer and this Lead Chassis Engineer role is commutable from Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Coventry, Warwick, Gaydon, Rugby, Nuneaton, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield & Hinckley.
To be considered for this Senior Chassis Engineer role, please apply via the link below
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefitsSenior Chassis Engineer (Mechanical): Coventry - Up to £50k Huxley Engineering and a Global Name in Engineered Solutions for Technology & Production Innovation to the Automot...
Posted: Wed 01 Jul at 17:15 Expires: Wed 29 Jul at 17:15