Project Controls Manager
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + Car, bonus, BUPA etc.
Working Locations: Office
Posted: 07/04/2013 16:00:00
Expires: 05/05/2013 16:00:00
Project Controls Manager (Oil & Gas / Manufacturing): London based, basic salary £80,000-100,000, fantastic pension, BUPA, 10% bonus, car allowance and more. World Class organisation and prestige name offering vast opportunities for career progression. Exceptional staff opportunity for exceptional staff project services manager.
Our client is a huge name in the oilfield equipment manufacturing industry, with signficant recent success and exciting and far reaching further growth plans in the UK and Worldwide. With over 150 years of history our client is a premier name in the oil & gas industry, operating on every continent around the globe and employing nearly 30,000 staff across numerous divisions. Our client's influence touches on many aspects of the oil & gas exploration and production process; they define progress within the industry with their creativity and cutting edge engineering, especially in the subsea arena.
Due to significant growth, we are looking for a Project Controls Manager to oversee project services for significant international projects which are about to commence. Although our client is in the oil & gas industry and this would be desirable, candidates from any technical engineering based or manufacturing environment could be considered, if they can display relevant skills and experience. This role could be perfect for an ambitious project controls manager interested in a staff position with genuine long term prospects.
Responsible for management and direction of the project services team assigned to the specific project including the planning, scheduling, estimating, cost control, contract administration, change management and control, progress measurement, risk analysis, document control, and administration functions.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of assigned planning/scheduling, risk management, cost control and document control staff
- Assists in the development of overall project services plans and associated procedures
- Develops and implements project services plans and procedures that are appropriate for project and are in compliance with company and client requirements
- Advises project director on contractual and business administration matters to ensure company is compensated in accordance with contractual terms
- Ensures project services activities during assigned project execution are consistently performed in compliance with established procedures
- Assists project management with developing technical/commercial documentation for scope of work and remuneration packages of work/services to be subcontracted
- Coordinates preparation, bid, evaluation, administration, execution and closeout of subcontracts
- Ensures effective cost control processes are implemented on the project for the accurate reporting of cost commitments, expenditures, and estimates at completion
- Develops project schedules in conjunction with all work groups and applies project services systems to be used for monitoring, controlling, predicting and reporting project progress, costs and schedules
- Ensures that effective project change management is implemented and that approved changes are input to control systems on a timely basis and that changes, trends and forecasts reflect the project scope
- Attends client's planning, scheduling, progress, cost, change, trend and estimating review meetings as appropriate taking the lead in presentations, explanations and discussions with owner on topics related to project services
- Provides recommendations regarding training and professional development of staff
- Evaluates project-specific performance of assigned members of the project control team to ensure expanded work knowledge and capabilities of team members
- Assists in preparation of final project close-out report
- Participates and assists in development and implementation of project services initiatives
- 7+ years of project services work experience in the oil and gas EPC and/or manufacturing environment
- Previous management and supervisory experience in leading project services team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of project management applications
- Expert understanding/knowledge of project execution processes/work flow, planning and scheduling best practices, schedule baseline development and maintenance, progress measurement and project management reporting systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Dependability and diligence in executing assigned work responsibilities
- International experience in leading and working with multinational staff
- Excellent skills in decision making, negotiating, influencing, coaching, management and customer service
Is This You? If so, don't hesitate - Apply Now!
This is an exceptional opportunity within a World Class, renowned organisation.
Similar Jobs to Project Controls Manager
LiveElectronics Design Engineer
Electronics Design Engineers
Based in Paddington (London) or Winchester (Hampshire)
Graduate to Senior Level Considered
Permanent - £25k-£45k (Negotiable)
Good Electronics Design Engineers are sort to work for a Socially Conscious R&D Company that works to improve the lives of people in underdeveloped countries through the development of niche Power Applications and Appliances.
The business offers Engineers the chance to work on the front line of product innovation and design and enjoy a flexible and forward thinking working environment.
You will be part of a new team being built in the UK that will be the world centre of excellence for Research and Development.
You will ideally be a strong hands-on Hardware Engineer with a broad skill range including some of the following:
-Product Development through to Prototype builds stage
-Low Level Embedded C
-Microcontroller Programming and/or Circuit Design
-Experience of Electronics Manufacture
The company will provide you with a competitive salary and benefits package.
The company prides itself on the excellent working environment and conditions created by and for its employees.
Please apply for an informal conversation and more information.
This position is being advertised by the recruitment agency Stream. Stream are experts in technical and commercial recruitment with a portfolio of jobs across Engineering, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Electronics, Automotive, FMCG and Business Support.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £25000.00 - £45000.00 per annumElectronics Design EngineersBased in Paddington (London) or Winchester (Hampshire)Graduate to Senior Level Considered Permanent - £25k-£45k (Negotiable)Good Electronics Design Engi...
Posted: Thu 29 Sep at 13:00 Expires: Thu 27 Oct at 13:00
My Client; a large Oil & Gas Provider is in search of an Operations Superintendent (Offshore). This is a Permanent position, 28/28 Rotation. Location: UAE The candidate should have: 15+ Years in an Oil and Gas Field Production with 5+ Years in a Supervisory role and Management of Major Emergencies and/or OPITO OIM Certification. Good understanding of Operations Safety Case, Statutory requirements and safe systems of work including the PTW, isolation procedures and risk assessments policies and standards. Sound Knowledge of Offshore operations including working knowledge of drilling, sub-sea and construction activities. Working knowledge of computer applications software such as Oracle CMMS System; CMO; ORA Anomaly and Livelink Business information system. Total Basic + Rotation Monthly PackageAED 28,000 - 80,000 Additional applicable benefits: o Medical Insurance for employee o Rotational Tickets for employee o Discretionary Bonus Payment
Type: Long Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: £7500 - £21500 per monthMy Client; a large Oil & Gas Provider is in search of an Operations Superintendent (Offshore). This is a Permanent position, 28/28 Rotation. Location: UAE The candidate sho...
Posted: Wed 28 Sep at 13:00 Expires: Wed 26 Oct at 13:00
Rolls Royce has a number of exciting opportunities for Mechanical Fitters to undertake an initial 12 month temporary assignment based in Derby, Derbyshire.
The role involves working within a multi-skilled and flexible team for the assembly of Aero gas turbine engines. Experience gained outside of Aerospace for example automotive engine technicians / mechanics can be considered.
Required Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Time Served; Indentured Apprenticeship, Advanced Modern Apprenticeship, NVQ 1,2 and 3 or equivalent in Aeronautical / Mechanical Engineering or very similar.
- Very proficient in a variety of mechanical fitting techniques.
- A good working knowledge of assembling, dis-assembling and testing complex mechanical systems, for example combustion engines and gearboxes.
- Comfortable interpreting engineering drawings.
Rolls-Royce is known the world over for creating high-performance, integrated power solutions for use on land, at sea and in the air.
Rolls-Royce is one of the world's leading engineering businesses through consistent strategy for growth. The order book currently stands at over £60 billion and it is expected to double in size over the next decade.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: £1 per week + negotiableRolls Royce has a number of exciting opportunities for Mechanical Fitters to undertake an initial 12 month temporary assignment based in Derby, Derbyshire. The role involves workin...
Posted: Tue 27 Sep at 14:00 Expires: Tue 25 Oct at 14:00
LiveSenior Oil and Gas Architect - London
Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microstation Experience in architectural design work Experience in onshore oil and gas project Experience in FEED and Detailed architectural design Experience as lead architect for onshore oil and gas projects Experience in project management/coordination of onshore oil and gas accommodation camps project; architectural design of onshore oil and gas accommodation camps project; Knowledge of architectural design in Algeria is an advantage.
Architect to support an onshore project Duties for the role: • FEED/Detailed design of onshore architectural design • Production of architectural drawings/specifications and other deliverables • Act as Project Engineer to plan and coordinate all disciplines in the design of oil and gas accommodation camps; • Liaison with client, vendors, suppliers, and other third parties as well as client office in Algeria; • Carry out project control/cost control reporting, produce/review EPC contractor Scope of Work and contractor/vender technical bid evaluation Require experience and qualifications: • Architectural Degree • Registered Architect Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microstation Experience in architectural design work Experience in onshore oil and gas project Experience in FEED and Detailed architectural design Experience as lead architect for onshore oil and gas projects Experience in project management/coordination of onshore oil and gas accommodation camps project; architectural design of onshore oil and gas accommodation camps project; Knowledge of architectural design in Algeria is an advantage.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Rates negArchitect to support an onshore project FEED/Detailed design of onshore architectural design
Posted: Mon 26 Sep at 16:39 Expires: Fri 25 Nov at 16:39
Education & Experience: Applicants must hold a relevant Mechanical Engineering degree and significant project management experience, within a COMAH regulated industry/operation. Chartered or working towards chartership with relevant Institution. Knowledge/Skills: Able to demonstrate good management / people relationship skills, in particular team management and dealing with Contractors. Solid understanding of good project management principles; able to act as an “intelligent client” Excellent communication skills at all levels. Mechanical engineering design and installation in a hazardous area process plant environment. Experience on storage tank projects is preferred. Ability to develop new ideas and solutions and have an awareness of current and new emerging technologies. Working knowledge of current legislation relating to industry such as API, EEMUA, ASME, ATEX, BS, PSLG, COMAH, CDM etc Full Driving Licence Package: Salary: £45k - £55k (depending on experience, 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), X4 Annual Salary Life Assurance, Excellent Pension Scheme Job Title: Mechanical Engineer Reference No: E216764 Location: Flexible Job Type: Permanent Salary: £45-55k Please apply to Alan Steer RHL is a specialist Recruitment Consultancy within Energy talent acquisition. Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) acts as an Employment Business and as an Employment Agency.
You will be responsible for coordinating multiple projects, overseeing professional site contract engineers on oil fuel storage terminals Responsibility of all pipework, storage tanks, and rotating equipment work associated with the terminals ensuring systems and equipment are safe, reliable, robust and conform with company and Regulatory policy. This includes delivery of Engineering works and projects from concept through to commissioning and handover, on time, to specification and within budget, ensuring proper close out of all projects. Act as technical authority Identify continuous improvement work on existing infrastructure, Generate the specifications of new projects Produce User Requirements and Scopes of Works documents at concept, FEED and detailed design level for storage, pumping, pipework systems and equipment installations. Preparation, in association with contract personnel, of Invitation to Tender documentation, responding to tender queries and participation in post tender meetings and discussions. Perform bid analysis of the technical proposals submitted by tenderers and prepare award recommendations. Review technical / budget documents / proposals prepared by third parties Monitor progress, resource and expenditure of projects carried out by contractors to ensure the achievement of the company strategic plan. Conduct audits on systems, equipment and maintenance strategies to ensure compliance with internal standards and maintain audit readiness. Act as technical lead on all mechanical integrity regulatory issues, liaise with the Regulatory bodies, including HSE and Environment Agency, review and make recommendations on health, safety and environmental regulations and strategies to ensure compliance. Identify, write and review policies, procedures and engineering standards as directed. Manage warranty issues as they may arise.
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: £45-55k + benefits packageOur Oil fuel storage client, with multiple sites across the UK, is now seeking to hire an experienced Mechanical Engineer. This opportunity would suit an experienced Mechanical Engineer seeking to further their career in Project Management. Flexible location.
Posted: Fri 23 Sep at 11:47 Expires: Tue 22 Nov at 11:47