Project Controls Manager
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + Car, bonus, BUPA etc.
Working Locations: Office
Posted: 07/04/2013 16:00:00
Expires: 05/05/2013 16:00:00
Project Controls Manager (Oil & Gas / Manufacturing): London based, basic salary £80,000-100,000, fantastic pension, BUPA, 10% bonus, car allowance and more. World Class organisation and prestige name offering vast opportunities for career progression. Exceptional staff opportunity for exceptional staff project services manager.
Our client is a huge name in the oilfield equipment manufacturing industry, with signficant recent success and exciting and far reaching further growth plans in the UK and Worldwide. With over 150 years of history our client is a premier name in the oil & gas industry, operating on every continent around the globe and employing nearly 30,000 staff across numerous divisions. Our client's influence touches on many aspects of the oil & gas exploration and production process; they define progress within the industry with their creativity and cutting edge engineering, especially in the subsea arena.
Due to significant growth, we are looking for a Project Controls Manager to oversee project services for significant international projects which are about to commence. Although our client is in the oil & gas industry and this would be desirable, candidates from any technical engineering based or manufacturing environment could be considered, if they can display relevant skills and experience. This role could be perfect for an ambitious project controls manager interested in a staff position with genuine long term prospects.
Responsible for management and direction of the project services team assigned to the specific project including the planning, scheduling, estimating, cost control, contract administration, change management and control, progress measurement, risk analysis, document control, and administration functions.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of assigned planning/scheduling, risk management, cost control and document control staff
- Assists in the development of overall project services plans and associated procedures
- Develops and implements project services plans and procedures that are appropriate for project and are in compliance with company and client requirements
- Advises project director on contractual and business administration matters to ensure company is compensated in accordance with contractual terms
- Ensures project services activities during assigned project execution are consistently performed in compliance with established procedures
- Assists project management with developing technical/commercial documentation for scope of work and remuneration packages of work/services to be subcontracted
- Coordinates preparation, bid, evaluation, administration, execution and closeout of subcontracts
- Ensures effective cost control processes are implemented on the project for the accurate reporting of cost commitments, expenditures, and estimates at completion
- Develops project schedules in conjunction with all work groups and applies project services systems to be used for monitoring, controlling, predicting and reporting project progress, costs and schedules
- Ensures that effective project change management is implemented and that approved changes are input to control systems on a timely basis and that changes, trends and forecasts reflect the project scope
- Attends client's planning, scheduling, progress, cost, change, trend and estimating review meetings as appropriate taking the lead in presentations, explanations and discussions with owner on topics related to project services
- Provides recommendations regarding training and professional development of staff
- Evaluates project-specific performance of assigned members of the project control team to ensure expanded work knowledge and capabilities of team members
- Assists in preparation of final project close-out report
- Participates and assists in development and implementation of project services initiatives
- 7+ years of project services work experience in the oil and gas EPC and/or manufacturing environment
- Previous management and supervisory experience in leading project services team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of project management applications
- Expert understanding/knowledge of project execution processes/work flow, planning and scheduling best practices, schedule baseline development and maintenance, progress measurement and project management reporting systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Dependability and diligence in executing assigned work responsibilities
- International experience in leading and working with multinational staff
- Excellent skills in decision making, negotiating, influencing, coaching, management and customer service
Is This You? If so, don't hesitate - Apply Now!
This is an exceptional opportunity within a World Class, renowned organisation.
Similar Jobs to Project Controls Manager
LiveSenior Production Technologist
Experience: Candidates require experience in at least 80% of the following areas: • Completion design • Well modelling for Production and Injection well performance optimisation • Well integrity design and management • Well intervention & requirements (work-over, stimulation, production logging planning, coiled tubing conveyed operations) • Artificial lift design • Sand control design • Well test design and execution • Data management planning and execution • Well operations requirements • Well maintenance requirements • An understanding of production chemistry, flow assurance and material selection. Required: • A minimum of 8-12 years but this can be flexible depending on the candidate. • Good analytical and communication skills • Fluent in English
My client are a mid-sized operator offering an excellent remuneration package and a perse and exciting set of projects. They require a solid technical engineer to provide input to integrated field studies performed for field development and reservoir management planning. They also need to provide input to Well Integrity management system and functional well and completion designs that account for the entire lifecycle of fields. The candidate must perform integrated production system analysis enabling selection of optimal development options and identification of production enhancement opportunities. They require good communication skills as they are the link between subsurface and well engineers to ensure optimised well design and well performance.
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: £160k+Senior PT - Operator - Europe
Posted: Fri 31 Oct at 15:52 Expires: Tue 30 Dec at 15:52
LiveDeputy Engineers Rep
Chartered Civil engineer or equivalent with relevant site experience in a similar role on roads or bridges projects. •Experience as assistant or Deputy to the Engineer's Representative on design and build contract. •Extensive experience in the site supervision of bridge construction. •Experience in monitoring contractor's quality management systems and supervising of contractor's works.
Job Description: •Role is to support the Engineer's Representative (ER) in the administration of the D&B Contract and act as his Deputy. •To act as structures lead on site supervision team •To assist the ER in fulfilling his role whilst the construction activities for the project shall be being carried out.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedA96 Inveramsay is a £10m Design and Build contract for Transport Scotland located to the west of Inverurie. The scheme comprises a new 1.2km single carriageway trunk road, including a new railway overbridge. The main purpose of the scheme is to remove congestion at the existing Inveramsay Bridge by realigning the A96 such that the free flow of traffic is permitted without the use of the existing traffic signal controls and to remove the existing height restriction of 4.4m. At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels, Graduates/Trainees, right through to area lead/technical authority through to Group Manager Levels.
Posted: Fri 31 Oct at 15:16 Expires: Tue 30 Dec at 15:16
LiveDocument Control Administrator
Extensive experience of all aspects of Document Control, preferably with experience of O&G skid packages.
Our client, is a UK based, leading designer and manufacturer of produced water treatment solutions. They have just been awarded a contract for skid packages and are looking to engage some suitably experienced engineering personnel which includes a Document Control Administrator.
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Negotiable, determined by experience.Candidate should be able to demonstrate extensive experience of applying appropriate Document Control processes and procedure on structural/mechanical on O&G skid packages.
Posted: Fri 31 Oct at 15:09 Expires: Tue 30 Dec at 15:09
LivePrincipal / Senior Electrical Engineer
Must have extensive Oil and Gas experience Previous experience in a similar role Brownfield project experience - preferred Chartered status - preferred
We are currently recruiting for a Senior / Principal Electrical Engineer on a contract basis located in Surrey. Description Principal / Senior Electrical Engineer for a contract position on a Brownfield onshore project.
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedWe are currently recruiting for a Senior / Principal Electrical Engineer on a contract basis located in Surrey.
Posted: Fri 31 Oct at 15:07 Expires: Tue 30 Dec at 15:07
Project Overview/Role Description
Based Sellafield - 12 months +
(Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person)
Please note - This is a SQEP position, so copies of qualifications are required.
Also - HNC minimum
The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for undertaking commissioning of plant and equipment, fault diagnosis and recording / reviewing test results. Leading teams of engineers, technicians and trainees.
To be responsible for undertaking commissioning of plant and equipment, fault diagnosis and recording / reviewing test results. Leading teams of engineers, technicians and trainees.
Supervision and oversight of personnel undertaking commissioning work.
Carrying out all testing activities throughout all stages of commissioning.
Identification of faults and ability to propose and implement solutions.
Production of test documentation.
Initiation and implementation of FOBs.
Witnessing of test activities and validation of working level instructions.
HNC or equivalent Level 4 qualification in relevant engineering subject.
Significant experience of delivery in an engineering or technical role.
Demonstrable ability to lead a team.
Engineering or Science related HND Active plant experience.
Team leadership experience.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedProject Overview/Role Description Based Sellafield - 12 months +(Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person) Please note - This is a SQEP position, so copies of qualifications are r...
Posted: Fri 31 Oct at 15:00 Expires: Fri 14 Nov at 15:00