Project Controls Manager
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + Car, bonus, BUPA etc.
Working Locations: Office
Posted: 07/04/2013 16:00:00
Expires: 05/05/2013 16:00:00
Project Controls Manager (Oil & Gas / Manufacturing): London based, basic salary £80,000-100,000, fantastic pension, BUPA, 10% bonus, car allowance and more. World Class organisation and prestige name offering vast opportunities for career progression. Exceptional staff opportunity for exceptional staff project services manager.
Our client is a huge name in the oilfield equipment manufacturing industry, with signficant recent success and exciting and far reaching further growth plans in the UK and Worldwide. With over 150 years of history our client is a premier name in the oil & gas industry, operating on every continent around the globe and employing nearly 30,000 staff across numerous divisions. Our client's influence touches on many aspects of the oil & gas exploration and production process; they define progress within the industry with their creativity and cutting edge engineering, especially in the subsea arena.
Due to significant growth, we are looking for a Project Controls Manager to oversee project services for significant international projects which are about to commence. Although our client is in the oil & gas industry and this would be desirable, candidates from any technical engineering based or manufacturing environment could be considered, if they can display relevant skills and experience. This role could be perfect for an ambitious project controls manager interested in a staff position with genuine long term prospects.
Responsible for management and direction of the project services team assigned to the specific project including the planning, scheduling, estimating, cost control, contract administration, change management and control, progress measurement, risk analysis, document control, and administration functions.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of assigned planning/scheduling, risk management, cost control and document control staff
- Assists in the development of overall project services plans and associated procedures
- Develops and implements project services plans and procedures that are appropriate for project and are in compliance with company and client requirements
- Advises project director on contractual and business administration matters to ensure company is compensated in accordance with contractual terms
- Ensures project services activities during assigned project execution are consistently performed in compliance with established procedures
- Assists project management with developing technical/commercial documentation for scope of work and remuneration packages of work/services to be subcontracted
- Coordinates preparation, bid, evaluation, administration, execution and closeout of subcontracts
- Ensures effective cost control processes are implemented on the project for the accurate reporting of cost commitments, expenditures, and estimates at completion
- Develops project schedules in conjunction with all work groups and applies project services systems to be used for monitoring, controlling, predicting and reporting project progress, costs and schedules
- Ensures that effective project change management is implemented and that approved changes are input to control systems on a timely basis and that changes, trends and forecasts reflect the project scope
- Attends client's planning, scheduling, progress, cost, change, trend and estimating review meetings as appropriate taking the lead in presentations, explanations and discussions with owner on topics related to project services
- Provides recommendations regarding training and professional development of staff
- Evaluates project-specific performance of assigned members of the project control team to ensure expanded work knowledge and capabilities of team members
- Assists in preparation of final project close-out report
- Participates and assists in development and implementation of project services initiatives
- 7+ years of project services work experience in the oil and gas EPC and/or manufacturing environment
- Previous management and supervisory experience in leading project services team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of project management applications
- Expert understanding/knowledge of project execution processes/work flow, planning and scheduling best practices, schedule baseline development and maintenance, progress measurement and project management reporting systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Dependability and diligence in executing assigned work responsibilities
- International experience in leading and working with multinational staff
- Excellent skills in decision making, negotiating, influencing, coaching, management and customer service
Is This You? If so, don't hesitate - Apply Now!
This is an exceptional opportunity within a World Class, renowned organisation.
Similar Jobs to Project Controls Manager
LiveM&E Project Manager/Coordinator
Consultant:Kyle Thomson Job Ref:75993 Job Title:M&E Project Manager / Coordinator Job Type:Permanent Start Date:Negotiable Industry:Engineering Location:London Salary:Competitive SUMMARY OF ROLE Directly reporting to the Technical Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing an M&E management and coordination service to the Contracts Management Team, on selected construction projects to enable full integration of all systems/tasks with other elements of the building. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Provide a Mechanical & Electrical coordination/integration service to the construction teams on selected projects to ensure that build assignments take account of follow on service installations. Manage and coordinate the M&E contractors during the construction phase of a project to make sure quality and time parameters goals are reached. Chair M&E services technical meetings and report on M&E progress to the contracts team on a regular basis. Attend Client meetings and report on all direct M&E aspects of the project. Coordinate and manage the commissioning, validation and client understanding training of systems as required by the contract. Take part in pre-tender submissions and produce programmes and answers to M&E querries to support the construction logic and process. Attend and present at Client interviews. Consistently update services team and construction staff on current M&E services management best practice. Develop construction staff knowledge of M&E services which are in relation to awareness of scope, installation logistics, commissioning strategy and programmes.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: CompetitiveConsultant:Kyle Thomson Job Ref:75993 Job Title:M&E Project Manager / Coordinator Job Type:Permanent Start Date:Negotiable Industry:Engineering Location:London Salary:Competitive ...
Posted: Mon 12 Oct at 18:00 Expires: Mon 09 Nov at 18:00
LiveNightshift Continuous Improvement Manager - Camberley - £45,000
This growing plastic injection moulding company are recruiting for a Production Manager to oversee and improve the nightshift production team. The company provide cost effective, quality plastic injection mouldings that are delivered on time from their 68 machines that run 24 hours a day.
As well as manufacturing components, this UK leading plastic injection moulding company stand tall in the market for production of injection moulding tools. Working within a very competitive market means that a new role has been created at management level to help drive bigger and better KPI's but at the same time maintain the excellent level of quality.
Quality is the heartbeat of this company and all processes are approved to BS EN ISO 9001: 2008. As experienced JIT and Kanban suppliers, this company has become a valued supplier to many household names in a wide range of industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maximising the efficiency of production, ensure that all KPI's are achieved, improve communication methods, ensure that appropriate levels of training are provided and maintain spend within budget. The candidate will have experience in these core production principles;
- Lean Manufacturing
- Continuous improvement
- Six Sigma (black belt)
Plastic injection moulding experience is essential.
There's two different shift patterns: 3pm - 11pm or 11pm - 7am.
Salary on offer for the position of Production Manager is up to £45,000 + competitive benefits package.
If you feel you have the specific skill set and experience for this role please contact Jake Bryant on 01179388011.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: competitiveThis growing plastic injection moulding company are recruiting for a Production Manager to oversee and improve the nightshift production team. The company provide cost effective, q...
Posted: Mon 12 Oct at 15:00 Expires: Mon 09 Nov at 15:00
LiveProduction manager - Farnborough - £50,000
A leading precision engineering company based in Farnborough is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Manager to join their industry leading team.
The company manufacture a wide range of multi-part components and supply into a large and varied customer base.
As Manufacturing Manager, your key remit will be to drive quality, output and cost improvements onsite whilst taking overall responsibility for managing 4 Production Leads over 3 shifts with 100 indirect reports.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Output: Ramp up production to enable delivery to an ever increasing customer base. Improving turnover, improving profit.
- Quality - Delivering continuous improvement, improving OEE, reducing waste, improving OTD. Drive operational improvements using LEAN principles.
- Cost - Periodically review and improve the efficiency and productivity of the manufacturing process.
You will have a strong background in precision engineering with a proven track record of engaging and inspiring a highly skilled workforce across multiple shifts. You will be driven to succeed and be able to evidence a good mix of achievements and people development.
A salary of £50,000 is on offer for the Senior Manufacturing Manager vacancy.
The company will be shortlisting CV's week commencing Monday 28th so if you are interested please send your most up to date CV or contact Jake Bryant as soon as possible on 0117 938 8011.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: competitiveA leading precision engineering company based in Farnborough is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Manager to join their industry leading team. The company manufacture a wide ra...
Posted: Mon 12 Oct at 14:00 Expires: Mon 09 Nov at 14:00
LiveManufacturing Engineer - Med Devices - Southend
An URGENT Manufacturing Engineer vacancy has arisen in the Southend area. This market leading manufacturer of medical devices is seeking an experienced inpidual to join up with the manufacturing team and play a pivotal role in developing a wide range of designed products and processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the undertaking the introduction of new products into manufacturing. The role will also entail regular interaction with others departments such as Design and quality. This person would be expected to take responsibility for ensuring process capability to achieve SQCDE requirements and regulatory compliance of new product introductions and changes to existing products.
- The specification, planning, implementation, reporting and delivery of inpidual projects.
- Ensuring projects follow DMAIC disciplines
- Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing.
- Process FMEA analysis.
The overall objective is to ensure world class processes with a focus on quality, in a background of cost reduction targets. This ties in with the key competencies of continuous improvement, leadership, responding to change, problem solving, creativity, decision making and project management.
- Degree/HNC, or equivalent, in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Good knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles is essential.
- Experience in process validation, ERP data management and running projects using DMAIC principles is desirable.
- Previous experience with medical devices is desirable.
Working hours are 830am - 5.00pm and salary is market competitive with a great benefits package. If you would like the opportunity to work at a company that truly values intelligent, passionate and self-motivated engineers please send your CV to me direct or give me a call on 01179388011
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: competitiveAn URGENT Manufacturing Engineer vacancy has arisen in the Southend area. This market leading manufacturer of medical devices is seeking an experienced inpidual to join up with the...
Posted: Mon 12 Oct at 14:00 Expires: Mon 09 Nov at 14:00
LiveSystems Engineering, C4ISR and Naval Domains
We are working with the leading independent centre of engineering design, design support and technical services for defence customers and they're situated just a short walk from the centre of Bath. There's a fantastic new opportunity for a motivated, forward thinking Systems Engineer at the beginning of their career looking to gain valuable experience in a leading engineering We're looking for Engineering Graduates (or inpiduals with equivalent vocational experience) with a few years' experience ideally, though comparative experience will be considered. We're looking for a real "go getting" attitude and desire to work hard and put their initial Engineering experience towards the fast paced further development they will receive in this role. A passion for engineering, thirst for knowledge and desire to progress is essential As a company, our client values high commitment to service for their internal and external customers, enjoy a good challenge and most importantly they believe that it is important to enjoy their work. On top of this, they're also an employee benefit trust which means that their excess profits go back to their people through continued development and bonuses. This is a rare opportunity for a Junior Engineer to join a leading company and catapult their career to the next level. People who work here have outstanding benefits packages which includes a competitive salary, generous pension scheme, company profit sharing scheme (twice-yearly bonuses), continued training and development, subsidised gym/sports membership, 25 days holiday with the option to buy and sell days, retail discounts and more. What's the role? Based in Bath, this full time position will apply your requirements, acceptance engineering, project management capability and knowledge of C4ISR projects in addition to supporting our clients naval platform design programmes. We are looking for inpiduals who have a good all-round breadth of engineering consultancy experience in the C4ISR and naval domains (other experience will be considered to ascertain whether this experience can be easily transferable) The ideal candidate will be qualified in an engineering or science subject and must be able to demonstrate excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills. They will also need to be prepared to spend time at customer sites in both Corsham and Northwood, in addition to occasional overseas travel, primarily to the USA, to support multinational meetings. What are we looking for? Security clearance to SC level would be highly desirable Requirements engineering activities in the C4ISR and naval domains; Managing formal requirements activities contained in DOORS databases; Ability to respond positively to requirement changes and unplanned risks and issues; Experience of working on multi-national projects is desirable; Managing and co-ordinating the needs of a perse range of stakeholders; Experience and use of the principles of Managing Successful Programmes on complex programmes. Systems Engineering, C4ISR and Naval Domains Bath Salary: negotiable Key words: Systems Engineering, Naval, Requirements, DOORS, C4ISR Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time. This role is a permanent position Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + BenefitsWe are working with the leading independent centre of engineering design, design support and technical services for defence customers and they're situated just a short walk from th...
Posted: Mon 12 Oct at 12:00 Expires: Mon 09 Nov at 12:00