Project Controls Manager
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum + Car, bonus, BUPA etc.
Working Locations: Office
Posted: 07/04/2013 16:00:00
Expires: 05/05/2013 16:00:00
Project Controls Manager (Oil & Gas / Manufacturing): London based, basic salary £80,000-100,000, fantastic pension, BUPA, 10% bonus, car allowance and more. World Class organisation and prestige name offering vast opportunities for career progression. Exceptional staff opportunity for exceptional staff project services manager.
Our client is a huge name in the oilfield equipment manufacturing industry, with signficant recent success and exciting and far reaching further growth plans in the UK and Worldwide. With over 150 years of history our client is a premier name in the oil & gas industry, operating on every continent around the globe and employing nearly 30,000 staff across numerous divisions. Our client's influence touches on many aspects of the oil & gas exploration and production process; they define progress within the industry with their creativity and cutting edge engineering, especially in the subsea arena.
Due to significant growth, we are looking for a Project Controls Manager to oversee project services for significant international projects which are about to commence. Although our client is in the oil & gas industry and this would be desirable, candidates from any technical engineering based or manufacturing environment could be considered, if they can display relevant skills and experience. This role could be perfect for an ambitious project controls manager interested in a staff position with genuine long term prospects.
Responsible for management and direction of the project services team assigned to the specific project including the planning, scheduling, estimating, cost control, contract administration, change management and control, progress measurement, risk analysis, document control, and administration functions.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of assigned planning/scheduling, risk management, cost control and document control staff
- Assists in the development of overall project services plans and associated procedures
- Develops and implements project services plans and procedures that are appropriate for project and are in compliance with company and client requirements
- Advises project director on contractual and business administration matters to ensure company is compensated in accordance with contractual terms
- Ensures project services activities during assigned project execution are consistently performed in compliance with established procedures
- Assists project management with developing technical/commercial documentation for scope of work and remuneration packages of work/services to be subcontracted
- Coordinates preparation, bid, evaluation, administration, execution and closeout of subcontracts
- Ensures effective cost control processes are implemented on the project for the accurate reporting of cost commitments, expenditures, and estimates at completion
- Develops project schedules in conjunction with all work groups and applies project services systems to be used for monitoring, controlling, predicting and reporting project progress, costs and schedules
- Ensures that effective project change management is implemented and that approved changes are input to control systems on a timely basis and that changes, trends and forecasts reflect the project scope
- Attends client's planning, scheduling, progress, cost, change, trend and estimating review meetings as appropriate taking the lead in presentations, explanations and discussions with owner on topics related to project services
- Provides recommendations regarding training and professional development of staff
- Evaluates project-specific performance of assigned members of the project control team to ensure expanded work knowledge and capabilities of team members
- Assists in preparation of final project close-out report
- Participates and assists in development and implementation of project services initiatives
- 7+ years of project services work experience in the oil and gas EPC and/or manufacturing environment
- Previous management and supervisory experience in leading project services team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of project management applications
- Expert understanding/knowledge of project execution processes/work flow, planning and scheduling best practices, schedule baseline development and maintenance, progress measurement and project management reporting systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Dependability and diligence in executing assigned work responsibilities
- International experience in leading and working with multinational staff
- Excellent skills in decision making, negotiating, influencing, coaching, management and customer service
Is This You? If so, don't hesitate - Apply Now!
This is an exceptional opportunity within a World Class, renowned organisation.
Similar Jobs to Project Controls Manager
LiveOffshore Wind / Oil & Gas Geotechnical Engineer
Salary 45-65K + benefits
Great opportunity to join this very well respected Global player, which is highly experienced in the Offshore sector with a vast Intl. presence. The company is expanding it's presence and looking for experienced and ambitious Geotechnical Engineers with at around 6 -12 yrs experience to join a new team as it starts up.
Principal Geotechnical Engineer to work on our engineering and consultancy assignments for offshore wind farm and oil and gas projects on a global basis.
You will undertake a variety of engineering analyses including foundation design, leg penetration/extraction analysis, driveability analyses, geotechnical interpretation, and cable route assessment.
At least a BEng or MSc in Civil Engineering with a first or upper second class honours degree being preferred and a chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or similar also preferred.
Over 7 years' experience as a geotechnical engineer in the design and management of offshore wind farm foundations and/or cable routes. The ideal candidate will also have had some direct experience of working as a geotechnical engineer offshore on vessels or jack-ups.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate competency and experience in the following key skill areas.
* Excellent geotechnical engineering knowledge;
* Experienced in managing small teams to deliver projects for clients;
* Experienced in the scoping, management, supervision and interpretation of offshore site investigations;
* Experience of jack up leg penetration analyses;
* Ability to undertake pile driveability and extraction analyses;
* Ability to undertake scour assessments;
* Ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead projects and work under own initiative and be a self-starter;
* Good technical knowledge of offshore design and construction;
* Excellent report writing skills;
* Familiar with commercial and contractual issues and able to provide guidance to our clients;
* Good sales and business development techniques which will allow the candidate to prepare proposals, speak at technical conferences, make
presentations to prospective clients and also be competent in marketing the capabilities of Offshore Wind Consultants; and
* Capable of seeing new business opportunities and pursuing these with existing and future clients.
The following competencies would also be desirable.
* Proficient in French, German or other European language; and
* Proficient in the use of software such as Matlab, Visual Basic, Plaxis, grlWEAP and gINT and general programming.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedSalary 45-65K + benefits Great opportunity to join this very well respected Global player, which is highly experienced in the Offshore sector with a vast Intl. presence. The compa...
Posted: Fri 29 Apr at 16:00 Expires: Fri 27 May at 16:00
Commissioning Manager Location: Seascale, Cumbria Working hours: Monday - Friday, Full time Salary: Negotiable Contract Duration: Four Year Contract
A great opportunity has arisen for a bright, proactive inpidual to work as a Commissioning Manager within the Nuclear Industry.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Leading the development of the commissioning strategy, plan, scope and detailed commissioning activity schedule for Site.
- Proactively monitor progress against the plan and schedule, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensuring the co-ordination and delivery of the agreed commissioning activities for the projects.
- Overseeing the production of, and approving, all commissioning documentation required to allow the commissioning scope to be delivered.
- Ensuring through work planning processes that suitable and sufficient resources are available for each commissioning activity.
- Effectively managing day to day liaison with stakeholders to obtain all the necessary planned resources and necessary work execution and plant isolation permissions to allow commissioning work to be progressed.
- Initiating activities and interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise.
- Managing the commissioning budget.
- Escalating risks, issues, actions and decisions when necessary.
- Ensuring the quality assurance, overall integrity and coherence of the projects commissioning activities.
- Maintaining commissioning focus, momentum and the environment to support projects.
- Managing the commissioning team through proper and effective interface, integration, monitoring and reinforcement to ensure commissioning work is executed safely and in accordance with sites processes.
The successful candidate will possess;
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Commissioning experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Project Management experience.
If you have the above experience I would be very keen to hear from you. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive rate and have the prospect to play an integral part in a successful team.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedCommissioning Manager Location: Seascale, Cumbria Working hours: Monday - Friday, Full time Salary: Negotiable Contract Duration: Four Year Contract A great opportunity has arise...
Posted: Fri 29 Apr at 12:00 Expires: Fri 27 May at 12:00
LiveCoded Welder ( 287)
Mig Welder (Coded) - Plater
Hourly Rate: £10.50 - £10.75 per hour plus overtime.
40 hours per week - Hours are either 7.0am to 3.30pm or 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. With half hour for lunch 1 - 1.30pm.
LONG TERM CONTRACT
My client based in West Yorkshire are looking to recruit a Coded MIG Welder/Plater to join their increasingly busy workshop.
MIG and/or Coded welding experience is essential for this role.
Role involves coded welding in a bespoke fabrication workshop on footbridges that are designed in house.
Required to be coded to BS EN 287 MAG.
To apply for this role please call Riz Haider at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269 or send your cv
Type: Part Time Work / SiteSalary: £10.50 - £10.75 per hour + OVERTIMEMig Welder (Coded) - Plater Location: Huddersfield Hourly Rate: £10.50 - £10.75 per hour plus overtime. 40 hours per week - Hours are either 7.0am to 3.30pm or 8.30am to 4.30pm Mon...
Posted: Wed 27 Apr at 17:00 Expires: Wed 25 May at 17:00
Position: Powder Coater
Hourly rate: £9 - £11 per hour
Temp to Perm
Our client, a specialist precision sheet metalwork company are looking to recruit a Powder Coater to join their increasingly busy workshop.
Working with sheet metal this is an excellent opportunity to join a company that is going from strength to strength.
Duties associated with this role for example, component preparation, pre treatment, masking, packing etc. to be able to meet tight deadlines. The ideal candidate must have previous practical experience.
To apply for this role, please call Riz Haider on 01484 645 269 or send your cv
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: £9 - £11 per hour + OVERTIMEPosition: Powder CoaterLocation: HuddersfieldHourly rate: £9 - £11 per hourTemp to Perm Our client, a specialist precision sheet metalwork company are looking to recruit a Powder C...
Posted: Wed 27 Apr at 17:00 Expires: Wed 25 May at 17:00
LiveElectrical Maintenance Engineer
Position: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Walsall -
Salary: £26000 - £28000 per annum + overtime available + pension + sick pay + fantastic training opportunities also available
Hours of work: Days, 6am to 5pm, 4 on, 4 off, 5 on, 5 off
We have an exciting opportunity available for 2 x maintenance electrician to join this very well respected engineering manufacturer based in Aldridge, Staffordshire with a number of manufacturing plants based across the UK.
Working as part of the Maintenance Team providing 'Hands-on' Electrical & Technical support to both Production and other internal functions throughout the Factory. The role will also provide applicants with the opportunity to be heavily involved within engineer projects upgrading machinery and facilities.
Hours of work will be based around a 39 hour shift rota, Monday to Friday with a paid lunch break.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
Essential planned maintenance and necessary repairs to keep the factory in good working order. Provide electrical maintenance cover through effective and efficient response to plant breakdowns throughout the factory.
Taking a leading role in on-going process improvement throughout the factory developing new ideas and better solutions.
Provide good communication skills to colleagues & production personnel to develop an understanding of the machinery operation so faults can be diagnosed & rectified efficiently.
Being actively involved in the TPM Improvement Process.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
Qualified to ONC/HNC or equivalent / Recognised Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship and Qualification.
Experience of fault finding upon PLC's the ability to modify PLC programmes would be an advantage but not essential as training can be provided
Experience of working within engineering or manufacturing environments would be desirable.
Flexibility to shift work when required
In return our client are able to offer fantastic opportunities for personal and career development, supported my a commitment and investment upon training and support with further qualifications for those who want to progress.
To apply for this role, please call Riz Haider at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645 269 or send your cv
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: £26000 - £28000 per annum + Company benefit + OvertimePosition: Electrical Maintenance Engineer Location: Walsall - Salary: £26000 - £28000 per annum + overtime available + pension + sick pay + fantastic training opportunities also av...
Posted: Wed 27 Apr at 17:00 Expires: Wed 25 May at 17:00