You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Specialisation: Experienced in the design, operation and maintenance requirements for liquid and gas metering systems
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 19/03/2012 19:00:00
Expires: 18/05/2012 19:00:00
Key RequirementsQualifications: BSc/HNC/C&G (C&GG to Technical Level as a minimum). Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation / Applied Physics.
Experience: Minimum Preferred 5 to 8 years..
Job DescriptionTechnical Requirements:
1. A good working knowledge of liquid and gas metering system design and principles of operation.
2. Capable of preparing recertification, operating and maintenance procedures and supervising their implementation. Able to monitor and control meter system performance.
3. Familiar with all relevant IP, API, AGA, BS and ISO standards and codes of practice.
4. Experienced in the preparation of specifications for metering system equipment and instrumentation.
5. Familiar with relevant practices and procedures for project management of supply of metrological equipment and systems.
6. Good level of communication skills.
1. Preparation of specifications for new metering systems and upgrading of existing systems.
2. Preparation of recertification, operating and maintenance procedures for oil and gas metering equipment.
3. Carrying out of measurement quantity & quality system equipment and data audits / inspections / surveys to check compliance with relevant standards, codes of practice and client requirements.
4. Provide assistance in the preparation of bid documents for client quotations
Similar Jobs to Metering Engineer
LiveWater Services Manager
My client is a leading provider of sustainable water and utility solutions for industrial customers and is seeking a Water Services Manager to be based in Grangemouth. The Water Services Manager is responsible for winning and delivering water projects on a range of industrial customer sites, as well as the maintenance and upgrade of water assets for existing clients. The role involves managing a team of project managers, team leaders and civil engineers to ensure the business's water projects are delivered to a high HSE standard, on time and within budget, meeting our clients demanding requirements. The Water Services Manager will also be a key member of the team, developing business strategy and, depending on experience, making a contribution in other business areas such as Water Retail and Hydropower. Knowledge and experience required; *Water experience performing in a leadership role. *Civil construction experience in a water services environment with particular reference to HDPE pipe work. *Experience working directly with a customer including attending, facilitating and contributing to meetings *Leadership experience in the management of a team of first line managers, craft skill technicians and engineers *Project management experience beneficial *Experience in water retail and/or hydro would be an advantage. Main Responsibilities *Co-ordinate and implementation of HSE systems *Visible leadership on HSE issues at all levels both in the client organisation *Responsible for HSE performance of whole team and tracks performance appropriately. *Lead investigation into any incidents, assisted by HSE advisor. *Control of Budget *Control of costs on projects *Recognition of risks to contracts and operations *Assessment of risks during pre-tender/bidding via company process. *Establish and maintain professional relationships with Customer personnel, teams and sub-contractor staff *Gain recognition by the customer as the key person with respect to the clients activity on site. *Build recognition with Customer for high quality delivery. *Ensure team exhibit proactive attitude and approach to all aspects of water services work. *Recognise gaps in business offering. *Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills in developing business strategy. *Projects won both from both new and existing customers. *Manage department resources to ensure effective delivery of projects. *Monitor financial performance across all projects and track progress with project managers. *Projects delivered to time and financial targets. *Effective forecasting procedures in place for plant, materials and resource. *Upholding staff welfare *Support the development of training and competence material *Carry out 'on the job' training of staff. Spencer Ogden are an equal opportunities employer. Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + package
The Water Services Manager is responsible for winning and delivering water projects on a range of industrial customer sites, as well as the maintenance and upgrade of water assets for existing clients.
The role involves managing a team of project managers, team leaders and civil engineers to ensure the business's water projects are delivered to a high HSE standard, on time and within budget, meeting our clients demanding requirements.
Posted: Fri 19 Dec at 15:00 Expires: Fri 26 Dec at 15:00
LiveSenior Subsea and Pipeline Engineer
Senior Subsea & Pipeline Engineer, London A growing independent Engineering Consultancy are looking to identify a Senior Subsea and Pipeline Engineer to provide technical supervision and leadership to their client's subsea and pipelines projects. The role is on a full time, staff basis and will be instrumental in the building of a brand new subsea team to improve the quality and standard of their existing client service and establish an on going culture of technical excellence. The role will be working across a number of projects simultaneously so candidates must have experience in a wide range of subsea and pipeline projects. You must have understanding of all aspects of onshore and subsea pipeline engineering, understanding of subsea trees, manifolds, controls and all subsea, offshore pipeline and onshore pipeline design codes. This is an excellent opportunity to be based in West London on a permanent staff basis!
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedSenior Subsea & Pipeline Engineer, London A growing independent Engineering Consultancy are looking to identify a Senior Subsea and Pipeline Engineer to provide technical sup...
Posted: Fri 19 Dec at 15:00 Expires: Fri 02 Jan at 15:00
Earthworks, Excavations, Drainage
Dounreay Site Restoration Limited (DSRL) is the site licence company responsible for the clean-up and demolition of Britain's former centre of fast reactor research and development in Dounreay.
The purpose of the job is to manage and deliver project activities involving excavations, earthworks and drainage systems.
We are looking for hands on Civil Engineers who are willing to make their presence felt on projects, on site, on the ground. If you have experience in contaminated ground and are looking for your next contract challenge then we can provide that for you.
Since the role is based in North Scotland, there is the possibility of flexible working patterns for candidates who live further away.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedRole Description Dounreay Site Restoration Limited (DSRL) is the site licence company responsible for the clean-up and demolition of Britain's former centre of fast reactor researc...
Posted: Fri 19 Dec at 13:00 Expires: Fri 16 Jan at 13:00
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Group Engineering is a central business group responsible for Expro's engineering activities.
Group Engineering requires an engineer to develop software, primarily Windows applications, as directed by the engineering support manager.
- Be involved in identification and implementation of existing Process/Product enhancements within team, department and through to Group Engineering where appropriate.
- Liaise with product lines to establish sustaining engineering workscopes.
- Perform sustaining engineering tasks on time and on budget.
- Be involved in new technology development projects and create nEXt proposals and guide engineering team/inpiduals as required.
- Create, submit and maintain programme ERF's, CTR's, budget and plans as required
- Keep abreast of advances in technology or methodology and pass knowledge on to other technical personnel within Group Engineering
- Be competent in operation of engineering systems and software packages.
- Follow defined methodology for the identification, specification, design, qualification, build and test of software products.
- Operate in a professional manner as a representative of Expro Group Engineering
- Perform all tasks in accordance with Expro quality procedures and group standards
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Qualifications: Relevant Degree, or HND with 3-5 years relevant experience
- Experience: 2 years Engineering experience
Job Specific knowledge:
* Awareness of Engineering systems, standards and practices.
* Object oriented software design.
* Software development for Microsoft Windows using C# and WPF.
* User interface design.
Desirable job specific knowledge:
* Programming in any of Delphi, C, C++, LabView, or Visual Basic would be useful.
* Mobile application development.
* Embedded software development.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedOverall Purpose of the Job: Group Engineering is a central business group responsible for Expro's engineering activities. Group Engineering requires an engineer to develop software...
Posted: Fri 19 Dec at 12:00 Expires: Fri 16 Jan at 12:00
LiveDynamic Positioning - Electrical Engineer - Aberdeen
SPENCER OGDEN is working in close partnership with an international consultancy who require a DP ELECTRICAL ENGINEER in Aberdeen. * Great career prospects within this International company * The successful candidate will join my Client's experienced team of Engineers providing a specialist service for DP systems and vessels. The role will include: * Failure Mode Effect Analysis of DP units * On board FMEA proving trials * Technical reporting * Annual DP trials * Liaising with Clients, visiting Client sites and suppliers when required * International travel To ensure that the candidate understands the role requirements they should hold Electrical Engineering qualification and have seagoing experience as a 2nd Engineer or above aboard a DP vessel. The position offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a portfolio of training. For more information apply ASAP with an up to date CV. If you have not heard back regarding this position within 15 days you have been unsuccessful. For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office
Type: Long Term Contract / International,Office,Offshore,SiteSalary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + NegotiableSPENCER OGDEN is working in close partnership with an international consultancy who require a DP ELECTRICAL ENGINEER in Aberdeen. * Great career prospects within this Internationa...
Posted: Fri 19 Dec at 12:00 Expires: Fri 16 Jan at 12:00