Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted By:Orion Group
Orion Group are one of the world''s leading engineering recruitment agencies specialising in contract and permanent manpower for the majority of the world''s largest energy specialists. The group have 34 offices located internationally from Calgary and Houston to offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.www.orionjobs.com
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is seeking an operations experienced Electrical Engineer to fill a critical vacancy. The successful applicant will serve as focal point for electrical systems related activities for this substantial site. The role provides expert technical advice and support to Operations and Maintenance on a day to day basis. The position reports to the Instrument Control and Electrical Team Leader within the Engineering Department.
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 21/01/2012 01:00:00
Expires: 18/02/2012 01:00:00
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
As Senior Electrical Engineer, your main responsibilities will include;
Technical assurance for Management of Change (MOC) of electrical systems. The post holder is the senior Discipline Responsible Engineer with respect to electrical power generation, control and distribution systems, including review of proposed modifications and design input to utility planning for infrastructure improvements. The role provides a significant degree of coaching and mentoring to other staff in support of the overall health of the discipline for the region.
Job responsibilities include technical assurance for integrity management of electrical systems, ad hoc support to site-based staff, project management for minor electrical improvements and supervision of electrical installation contractors, specification of new equipment for procurement, including verification of quality assurance methods, functional performance testing and equipment certification. The role supports activity/turnaround planning with respect to electrical maintenance, inspection, testing and modifications.
* Coach and mentor engineers, drive the development of the electrical engineering organizational capability within the region.
* Lead electrical discipline work scopes, engineering queries (EQs), and MOCs for the asset in all operating areas (process, non-process and waste operations).
* Deliver discipline-specific support to the asset in resolving operations, maintenance, and techincal integrity issues
* Provide assurance for Safety-Critical Equipment maintenance and oversight of hazardous area Ex inspection programme
* Oversee engineering feasibility studies for minor electrical projects
* Liaison with Small Projects, provide constructive feedback for scope development and critical/independent review of detailed design packages
* Communicate design expectations and site implementation standards to Projects teams; Share lessons learned with Projects and with regional/global ICE CoPs.
* Provide Operations input to Major Projects regarding electrical systems design
* Manage all deliverables from electrical engineering contractors and suppliers
* Provide input to hazard identification and risk assessments for proposed changes
* Lead or support incident investigations and RCFA involving electrical equipment.
* Ensure that relevant Engineering Technical Practices (ETPs), codes, standards, design guidelines and regulations relevant to electrical systems are correctly interpreted and applied
* Carry out gap assessments against ETPs and raise formal deviations where non- conformance is identified; Establish and implements action plans to close gaps
* Collaborate with specialists and engineers of all disciplines
This is a contract position.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81217.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operating in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.
Similar Jobs to Senior Electrical Engineer
LiveCompletions and Certification Engineer - Topsides
Swift Worldwide Resources are currently recruiting for a Completions/Certification Engineer - Topsides to work for a super major in the oil and gas industry. The role will be based in Baku, Azerbaijan on a 6x2 rotation
- Ensure that the Quality Assurance of System handover to operations is maintained across all Project Assets.
- Collation of all relevant data required to enable the compilation of the Handover Certification Packs in line with the Companies System Handover Management Procedure.
- Upload Engineering deliverables required by the Commissioning team into the Go Completions Data Base.
- Liaise with QEDI Representative for administration of the Go Completions Data Base
- Co-ordinate with Engineering, Construction Contractor, and BP Project team for all requirements
- Produce reports as required for Management
- Recognised discipline/completions qualification or minimum of 20 years' experience in Completions, Certification and QA/QC.
- Experience in project computer databases for Mechanical Completion and System Handover
- Demonstrable HSSE Leadership and personal commitment to Safety
- Awareness of BP or similar safety management systems.
- Track record of experience gained in similar international oil & gas / petrochemical / power generation related international projects, in a similar role leading to development of the following skill sets:
- Commissioning completions / certification systems
- Commissioning and handover procedures
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and communicate with discipline engineers
- A proven decisive and pro-active team player with good communication skills
- Proven ability to develop procedures , practices and strategies from first principles
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
- Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent HSE behaviours at all times, and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained
- Maintain Master of Limit of System Handover (LOSH) drawings
- Develop a Change Control completion philosophy for implementation to Go Completions
- Develop a detailed Mechanical Completions and System Handover Skylines and forecasts
- Ensure that all certification requirements are being timely met by discipline teams.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided for BP employees and contractors involved in Go Completions
- Develop a detailed pipe cleanliness and preservation process and ensure fully implemented at site
- Comply with the SHMP process from Mechanical Completion through to System Handover
- Monitor Construction Contractor activities within Go Completions
- Train inexperienced team members in SHMP
- Run management reports as required from Go Completions
- Ensure all Engineering data for upload into Go Completions is verified as valid
- Develop tracking mechanism for close out of Site Instructions, and MOC's by system
- Ensure that discipline teams are using correct version of drawings, and engineering documents for certification activities
- Liaise with QEDI on site engineer for any issues relating to the Go Completions database.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedSwift Worldwide Resources are currently recruiting for a Completions/Certification Engineer - Topsides to work for a super major in the oil and gas industry. The role will be based...
Posted: Mon 23 Nov at 11:00 Expires: Mon 21 Dec at 11:00
At least 10 years experience in construction with some experience in precasting and segmental erection Good management skills Good technical knowledge Previous work experience in Middle East will be beneficial
The Site Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the project. He will liaise with the offsite Project Manager and organize the site activities as well as manage the site team. He will be the contact point for the client. The total resources on the project will be 14 experienced persons including engineers, supervisors and technicians. His main tasks will be: -Management of site team -Organization of resources in term of equipment, staff and labour -Planning / program -Follow up of accounting and cost control -Assistance to all site meetings as required -Contractual follow up with the help of the Project Manager
Type: Staff or Contract / Site, InternationalSalary: NegotiableOur client is a major energy infrastructure company searching for a Site Manager
Posted: Sat 03 Oct at 12:25 Expires: Wed 02 Dec at 12:25