Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted By:Orion Group
Orion Group are one of the world''s leading engineering recruitment agencies specialising in contract and permanent manpower for the majority of the world''s largest energy specialists. The group have 34 offices located internationally from Calgary and Houston to offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.www.orionjobs.com
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is seeking an operations experienced Electrical Engineer to fill a critical vacancy. The successful applicant will serve as focal point for electrical systems related activities for this substantial site. The role provides expert technical advice and support to Operations and Maintenance on a day to day basis. The position reports to the Instrument Control and Electrical Team Leader within the Engineering Department.
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 21/01/2012 01:00:00
Expires: 18/02/2012 01:00:00
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
As Senior Electrical Engineer, your main responsibilities will include;
Technical assurance for Management of Change (MOC) of electrical systems. The post holder is the senior Discipline Responsible Engineer with respect to electrical power generation, control and distribution systems, including review of proposed modifications and design input to utility planning for infrastructure improvements. The role provides a significant degree of coaching and mentoring to other staff in support of the overall health of the discipline for the region.
Job responsibilities include technical assurance for integrity management of electrical systems, ad hoc support to site-based staff, project management for minor electrical improvements and supervision of electrical installation contractors, specification of new equipment for procurement, including verification of quality assurance methods, functional performance testing and equipment certification. The role supports activity/turnaround planning with respect to electrical maintenance, inspection, testing and modifications.
* Coach and mentor engineers, drive the development of the electrical engineering organizational capability within the region.
* Lead electrical discipline work scopes, engineering queries (EQs), and MOCs for the asset in all operating areas (process, non-process and waste operations).
* Deliver discipline-specific support to the asset in resolving operations, maintenance, and techincal integrity issues
* Provide assurance for Safety-Critical Equipment maintenance and oversight of hazardous area Ex inspection programme
* Oversee engineering feasibility studies for minor electrical projects
* Liaison with Small Projects, provide constructive feedback for scope development and critical/independent review of detailed design packages
* Communicate design expectations and site implementation standards to Projects teams; Share lessons learned with Projects and with regional/global ICE CoPs.
* Provide Operations input to Major Projects regarding electrical systems design
* Manage all deliverables from electrical engineering contractors and suppliers
* Provide input to hazard identification and risk assessments for proposed changes
* Lead or support incident investigations and RCFA involving electrical equipment.
* Ensure that relevant Engineering Technical Practices (ETPs), codes, standards, design guidelines and regulations relevant to electrical systems are correctly interpreted and applied
* Carry out gap assessments against ETPs and raise formal deviations where non- conformance is identified; Establish and implements action plans to close gaps
* Collaborate with specialists and engineers of all disciplines
This is a contract position.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81217.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operating in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.
Similar Jobs to Senior Electrical Engineer
LiveProcess Engineer (Uncovnentional)
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, MS is preferred. • A Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Chartered Engineer (C.Eng.) license or registration will be desirable but is not essential • At least 10 years of experience in the industrial operation facility, Shale gas facility is preferred. Also, has a good knowledge of the Modular skids mounted process unit. • Detailed knowledge of industry standards and procedures such as API and ASMI codes is required to support the review of company standards, project reviews, and implementation of plant modifications to process systems. • Experience with creating/modifying PFDs, and P&IDs • Experience with troubleshooting process equipment and systems failures, including pumps, compressors, pipe line/piping, and dehydration systems. • Knowledge of HYSIS and other process simulation software • Experience in creating schematics and piping diagrams • Conduct failure analysis and provide recommendations for failed process system, sequence of event reporting • Experience with process equipment and systems field Installation, Commissioning and testing • Experience in specifying piping and equipment layout • Has good experience in dealing with corrosion related issues • Capable of communicating with multidiscipline engineers to complete projects • Proven ability to communicate effectively with management at all levels within the organization. Capable of spotting and reconciling conflicting views and interests among different parts of the organization • Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate what are frequently complex technical, economic and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner to inpiduals and groups from perse professional backgrounds. • Hands-on person who will immediately command the professional respect of others who possess long-time practical experience of working in or serving the industry. Person whom others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel. • Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
The Process Engineer will be required to perform the following: • Provide day-to-day technical support to the Operation and Maintenance to troubleshoot and fix process equipment • Develop the engineering designs packages for the new installation and upgrade projects • Review Project Proposals and Detailed Designs packages for new facilities • Participate on the testing & commissioning of the new facilities and Turnaround and Inspection (T&I) • Update and maintain engineering documentation and drawings • Analyze system performance and find solution for Energy saving • Ensure quality, cost effective and timely solutions to any upgrade • Test and pilot new technologies • Ensure full HSE Compliance • Report and analyze key performance indices • Make recommendations for technical/economic optimization of existing facilities • Lead feasibility/profitability studies for new facilities • Contribute to Business Unit strategy • Assists in the training, development and mentoring of younger staff. • Provides analysis, evaluation and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to Our Clients capital investment decisions. • Maintains and expands on contacts within the industry. • Regularly interacts with other professionals in various company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis.
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: Not statedOur Client is seeking experienced professionals to join our growing Gas producing sector. Unconventional Resources (UR) is expanding rapidly to meet the defined Unconventional Gas to meet the local demands, and achieving them cost-effectively and safely. UR is looking to appoint a Process Engineer (Engineer I) to lead the process design review, follow the construction and leading the commissioning and testing activities for the new shale gas facilities. The candidate will have a thorough understanding of plant operations, process technologies, supply and product logistics, business drivers, cost drivers, and feedstock sensitivities. In addition, he will have a detailed understanding of product properties, customer applications and requirements The Process Engineer must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management’s decisions
Posted: Wed 01 Apr at 10:20 Expires: Wed 15 Apr at 10:20
LiveSpecialist Engineer, Rotating Equipment
1. Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from reputable universities. 2. Demonstrated specialty and expertise and records on related work. 3. Minimum of 20 years of experience in Polymer industry in the fields of Rotating Equipment. 4. Hand one experience in design review and troubleshooting of rotating equipment. 6. Knowledge of international code and standards such as API. 7. Problem solving and decision making ability. 8. Familiar with RCM & PM concept. 9. Capable to guide and train engineers. 10. Preferable RCM Certification/RCS Certification
Technical Support: Prepare designs, processes and related data for engineering problems to ensure that work is completed as per deadline and engineering standards and PRC procedures. Engineering Studies: Analyse engineering problems, with respect to scope, economic value, long range planning and budgetary considerations in order to support the development and formulate the basis for engineering studies in any of several basic or special engineering fields. Execute studies and analysis as need base or as instructed by Department Management.
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: NegWe are looking for a Specialist Engineer, Rotating Equipment to be based in Saudi Arabia on a permanent staff basis. You must have petrochemical experience to be considered for this role.
Posted: Wed 01 Apr at 10:09 Expires: Sat 04 Apr at 10:09
LivePrincipal Engineer - Metallurgy
20+ years Relevant Experience Degree Qualified (Engineering or Metallurgy) Fluent English Speaker GCC/Middle East Experience useful
Primary Duties ? Review contract documents and identify requirements and scope of work for project execution. Review material selection reports, specifications, drawings and other documents. Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and pergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to Projects/Client. ? Lead in the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR) for material selection activities, for all metallurgy deliverables. ? Identify the scope of work requirements, budgeted man hours, total number of deliverables, format of delivery, time schedules and other specifications for execution of the work. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce the overall project costs, ensuring technical and safety compliance. ? Supervise the verification of material design integrity. Use corrosion calculation software such as ECE-IV and codes/standards such as NACE MR 0175/ISO 15156 to ensure project metallurgical specification details in the FEED Packages is feasible. Interpret and evaluate reports from corrosion calculations engineering software. Evaluate and compare the materials FEED package documents using process flow diagrams, process design basis, heat-and-mass balance and scope of supply. Identify discrepancies and inconsistencies take corrective action where required. ? Apportion of work among engineering staff according to specialization. Monitor the preparation of material selection diagrams, material selection report, corrosion management manual and specifications for compatibility between piping material specification and equipment lists using contract documents and international codes. ? Monitor the review of interdepartmental documents like process data sheets, mechanical data sheet, piping material specification and provide input to the various downstream engineering disciplines for document preparation to vendors for Bid invitations. ? Monitor and control project man-hour requirements during project execution, identify variations between contract and proposal. Take corrective action as necessary. Create manpower charts for task assignments, establish target completion dates and ensure target dates are achieved. Maintain project schedules and ensure allotted man-hours, deadlines and cost requirements are strictly adhered to. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall costs. ? Monitor productivity of engineers and quality of work produced. ? Coordinate on technical issues with other Engineering Disciplines as required. Provide the necessary inputs/data to other disciplines as per the requirements and procedures. ? Obtain the required inputs from other engineering disciplines e.g. process flow diagrams, process design basis, heat-and-mass balance, P&ID’s, piping material specifications and other necessary data. ? Provide guidance for performing corrosion calculations and interpretation of metallurgical codes and standards with its imprecision on detail design. Resolve design irregularities and coordinate on technical issues as required. ? Organize the preparation and issue of engineering drawings and technical documents for Interdisciplinary Design Checks (IDC’s). Review and integrate comments and inputs of other engineering discipline into the relevant documents. ? Supervise in technical bid evaluations. Review vendor drawings and documents. Ensure vendor equipment specifications meet with client equipment specifications and within budgeted costs. ? Coordinate with Procurement department to ensure cost effective recommendations. ? Provide necessary assistance to Quality Department. ? Meet with vendor representatives, inspect at vendor works and workshops and provide assistance to Quality Department as required. ? Interface with Client representatives as required for resolving any technical issues. ? Conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man-hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with Projects and Planning Departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports through the use of PETROCEPT software. ? Participate in safety and design review meetings e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, 3D Model, along with Client and representatives of other engineering disciplines. ? Monitor the preparation of all necessary documents up to the final IFC (Issued for Construction) stage, e.g. material selection diagrams, material selection report, corrosion management manual, material specifications and other relevant drawings and specifications ? Interface and provide clarifications, guidance and technical support to Construction and Commissioning teams as required. ? Administer the preparation of the final “As Built” documents. ? Ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the discipline. ? Participate in employee performance evaluations, establish performance criteria, identify employee strengths and weaknesses, and recommend training and development requirements. ? Identify training/development needs for team and participate in establishing career path. ? Perform related duties as and when directed by the direct supervisor
Type: Staff or Contract / Office, InternationalSalary: CompetitiveLead a team consisting of engineers and designers in carrying out basic /detailed engineering work for projects assuming responsibility for conceptual and detailed design and provide necessary technical information for costing/procurement in compliance with tender specifications/guidelines, quality requirements and work within budgeted man-hours and project schedules.
Posted: Wed 01 Apr at 9:56 Expires: Sun 31 May at 9:56
Are you a Mechanical Engineer? Do you have experience of working on 2D & 3D packages? Are you looking for your next assignment?? My client is looking for Mechanical Engineers at all levels to start work on a major Nuclear project which is due to start in May. This will be a long term opportunity 12 months + Ideally you will have experience working on 2D & 3D Mechanical packages of work in the Nuclear sector (other sector experience will be considered) Interviews will be taking throughout April please forward an up to date CV with your application. Closing Date 21st April For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedAre you a Mechanical Engineer? Do you have experience of working on 2D & 3D packages? Are you looking for your next assignment?? My client is looking for Mechanical Engineers...
Posted: Wed 01 Apr at 9:00 Expires: Wed 29 Apr at 9:00
12 month Contract
Rate - Neg
The purpose of the post is to write and review PMI's
The Job Holder will be responsible for writing PMI's and supporting compliance against relevant standards and statutory requirements.
Prepare plant maintenance instructions and implement physical document changes to existing documents on behalf of projects and facilities
Provide support for the maintenance of the Project Quality Management System
Interact with Site Management Systems department, site system controllers and internal auditors
Monitor and assist with implementation of corrective actions
Liaise with maintenance teams/engineers and undertake plant and system walkdowns to assess the validity of PMI's and structure
HNC in Engineering or equivalent qualification plus experience
5 years' experience of nuclear industry or other highly regulated environment
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedRole Description 12 month Contract Rate - Neg The purpose of the post is to write and review PMI's Objective The Job Holder will be responsible for writing PMI's and supporting com...
Posted: Wed 01 Apr at 9:00 Expires: Wed 15 Apr at 9:00