Senior Electrical Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is seeking an operations experienced Electrical Engineer to fill a critical vacancy. The successful applicant will serve as focal point for electrical systems related activities for this substantial site. The role provides expert technical advice and support to Operations and Maintenance on a day to day basis. The position reports to the Instrument Control and Electrical Team Leader within the Engineering Department.
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 21/01/2012 01:00:00
Expires: 18/02/2012 01:00:00
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
As Senior Electrical Engineer, your main responsibilities will include;
Technical assurance for Management of Change (MOC) of electrical systems. The post holder is the senior Discipline Responsible Engineer with respect to electrical power generation, control and distribution systems, including review of proposed modifications and design input to utility planning for infrastructure improvements. The role provides a significant degree of coaching and mentoring to other staff in support of the overall health of the discipline for the region.
Job responsibilities include technical assurance for integrity management of electrical systems, ad hoc support to site-based staff, project management for minor electrical improvements and supervision of electrical installation contractors, specification of new equipment for procurement, including verification of quality assurance methods, functional performance testing and equipment certification. The role supports activity/turnaround planning with respect to electrical maintenance, inspection, testing and modifications.
* Coach and mentor engineers, drive the development of the electrical engineering organizational capability within the region.
* Lead electrical discipline work scopes, engineering queries (EQs), and MOCs for the asset in all operating areas (process, non-process and waste operations).
* Deliver discipline-specific support to the asset in resolving operations, maintenance, and techincal integrity issues
* Provide assurance for Safety-Critical Equipment maintenance and oversight of hazardous area Ex inspection programme
* Oversee engineering feasibility studies for minor electrical projects
* Liaison with Small Projects, provide constructive feedback for scope development and critical/independent review of detailed design packages
* Communicate design expectations and site implementation standards to Projects teams; Share lessons learned with Projects and with regional/global ICE CoPs.
* Provide Operations input to Major Projects regarding electrical systems design
* Manage all deliverables from electrical engineering contractors and suppliers
* Provide input to hazard identification and risk assessments for proposed changes
* Lead or support incident investigations and RCFA involving electrical equipment.
* Ensure that relevant Engineering Technical Practices (ETPs), codes, standards, design guidelines and regulations relevant to electrical systems are correctly interpreted and applied
* Carry out gap assessments against ETPs and raise formal deviations where non- conformance is identified; Establish and implements action plans to close gaps
* Collaborate with specialists and engineers of all disciplines
This is a contract position.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81217.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operating in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.
Similar Jobs to Senior Electrical Engineer
LiveWellbore Construction Supervisor (Liner Hangers)
BACKGROUND Degree in technical discipline. 15+ years of experience in Liner Hanger operations. 5+ years’ experience with 15 kpsi / deepwater applications. Excellent technical expertise in completion/workover operations. Excellent communication skills with a customer service orientation. Fluent English.
RESPONSIBILITIES Run and supervise liner hanger field operations at the well site. Maintain communication with the client wellsite representatives and rig crew, provide necessary technical support. Ensure that services are of highest quality. Ensure work is performed in compliance with service quality and HSE standards.
Type: Staff / Site, Office, OffshoreSalary: Not statedABOUT THE JOB Our client, one of the top 4 global oilfield services companies is looking for experienced Wellbore Construction Supervisor. This is rotational position based in Baku, Azerbaijan. We are looking for a liner hangers professional with experience in offshore deepwater projects. Candidates from all over the world are welcome to apply. If you are interested in being reviewed for this vacancy, please send your CV to e-mail indicated above. Please note: only successful candidates will be contacted. Your privacy is secured.
Posted: Wed 29 Jun at 12:00 Expires: Sun 28 Aug at 12:00
Project Engineer Azerbaijan My client is a global and well known Oil and Gas operator. They’re looking for a Project Engineer to deal with all aspects of their marine base. More specifically, the role will include/require; - Planning management skills - Provision of technical expertise - Good communication skills - Strong management and team leadership - Influential and motivational - Experience with subsea construction vessels and subsea installations - Offshore engineering experience - Dealing with day to day marine base activities - Be used to monitoring and dealing with contractors - Support for vessel mobilisation - Interface with key contractors, vendors, internal teams and key stakeholders Qualifications; - Engineering degree - 5+ years engineering management - Offshore experience - Experience with offshore design safety
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: Not statedProject Engineer - Oil and Gas
Posted: Thu 26 May at 15:40 Expires: Mon 25 Jul at 15:40
LiveQuantity Surveyor - Oil and Gas
Quantity Surveyor - Oil and Gas
? Quantity Surveyor - Oil and Gas Azerbaijan My client is a global and well known Oil and Gas operator who is looking for a Quantity Surveyor. The contract will be long term, on rotation, with accommodation and flights. The role will involve; - Dealing with contractor proposals - Monitoring contractor activities - Contract Administration - Preparation of internal estimates - Monitoring Contract Risk/Reward mechanism - Cost Estimating and Analysis Qualifications; - Degree Level education or relevant QS experience - Onshore refinery experience - Good communication skills
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: Not statedQuantity Surveyor - Oil and Gas
Posted: Thu 26 May at 15:39 Expires: Mon 25 Jul at 15:39
LiveLead Contracts Administrator
Lead Contracts Administrator
Lead Contracts Administrator Azerbaijan My client is a global and well known Oil and Gas operator. They currently have a massive gas project which requires a Lead Contracts Administrator. Role requirements; - Engineering degree or proven record of similar experience - 10 years experience in Contracts Admin - Accreditation or relevant experience in procurement/supply chain
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: Not statedLead Contracts Administrator
Posted: Thu 26 May at 15:38 Expires: Mon 25 Jul at 15:38