Senior Electrical Engineerhello
Posted By:Orion Group
Orion Group are one of the world''s leading engineering recruitment agencies specialising in contract and permanent manpower for the majority of the world''s largest energy specialists. The group have 34 offices located internationally from Calgary and Houston to offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.www.orionjobs.com
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is seeking an operations experienced Electrical Engineer to fill a critical vacancy. The successful applicant will serve as focal point for electrical systems related activities for this substantial site. The role provides expert technical advice and support to Operations and Maintenance on a day to day basis. The position reports to the Instrument Control and Electrical Team Leader within the Engineering Department.
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 21/01/2012 01:00:00
Expires: 18/02/2012 01:00:00
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
As Senior Electrical Engineer, your main responsibilities will include;
Technical assurance for Management of Change (MOC) of electrical systems. The post holder is the senior Discipline Responsible Engineer with respect to electrical power generation, control and distribution systems, including review of proposed modifications and design input to utility planning for infrastructure improvements. The role provides a significant degree of coaching and mentoring to other staff in support of the overall health of the discipline for the region.
Job responsibilities include technical assurance for integrity management of electrical systems, ad hoc support to site-based staff, project management for minor electrical improvements and supervision of electrical installation contractors, specification of new equipment for procurement, including verification of quality assurance methods, functional performance testing and equipment certification. The role supports activity/turnaround planning with respect to electrical maintenance, inspection, testing and modifications.
* Coach and mentor engineers, drive the development of the electrical engineering organizational capability within the region.
* Lead electrical discipline work scopes, engineering queries (EQs), and MOCs for the asset in all operating areas (process, non-process and waste operations).
* Deliver discipline-specific support to the asset in resolving operations, maintenance, and techincal integrity issues
* Provide assurance for Safety-Critical Equipment maintenance and oversight of hazardous area Ex inspection programme
* Oversee engineering feasibility studies for minor electrical projects
* Liaison with Small Projects, provide constructive feedback for scope development and critical/independent review of detailed design packages
* Communicate design expectations and site implementation standards to Projects teams; Share lessons learned with Projects and with regional/global ICE CoPs.
* Provide Operations input to Major Projects regarding electrical systems design
* Manage all deliverables from electrical engineering contractors and suppliers
* Provide input to hazard identification and risk assessments for proposed changes
* Lead or support incident investigations and RCFA involving electrical equipment.
* Ensure that relevant Engineering Technical Practices (ETPs), codes, standards, design guidelines and regulations relevant to electrical systems are correctly interpreted and applied
* Carry out gap assessments against ETPs and raise formal deviations where non- conformance is identified; Establish and implements action plans to close gaps
* Collaborate with specialists and engineers of all disciplines
This is a contract position.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81217.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operating in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.
Similar Jobs to Senior Electrical Engineer
LiveProcess Engineer - Plant Operations - Netherlands - STAFF
Process Engineer - Plant Operations - Netherlands - STAFF
Process Engineer - Plant Operations - Netherlands - STAFF SPENCER OGDEN are currently working with a growing player in the Offshore/Onshore Pipeline, Process and Bolt-working Industries to recruit an experienced Technical professional with a strong Process background, to join their Dutch office. Supported by a strong hands-on field/onsite Process background, you will write up the technical work packs and engineering procedures for the assigned workscope, attend on-site visits to ensure the work is carried out effectively and as required, you will work with the technical Sales team to provide input to tenders. Client profile :- Working in the Pipeline, Process and Boltworking Industry both on and offshore, my client continue to win big Business with some of the most-successful Oil & Gas Producers, due to experienced Management, state-of-the-art equipment and support facilities. Working in Europe, the Middle East and Far-East, my client can provide support to projects of varying size and complexity and offer excellent training. Criteria for Consideration :- - An Engineering Degree, Diploma OR similarly, a strong hands-on working experience on Process projects covering the following activities - HYDRO-TESTING, LEAK-TESTING, PURGING, HELIUM-TESTING, FLANGE-MANAGEMENT, DRYING. - You must be fluent in both English and Dutch - written and oral. - You will have experience of developing work-packs and engineering procedures for the client, before working with the operations team to ensure the work scope is carried out effectively. - Strong client-interface and tendering skills are essential as you will be required to provide technical insight into bids/tenders. - You must be willing to travel within the Netherlands and overseas as and when required. For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office
Type: Long Term Contract / International,Office,SiteSalary: €40000 - €55000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, HealthProcess Engineer - Plant Operations - Netherlands - STAFF
Posted: Fri 22 May at 14:00 Expires: Fri 19 Jun at 14:00
LiveSenior Project Manager - Subsea Norway
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Reporting into the ECIS region, the role exists to lead and direct and coordinate a team to support the delivery of a major growth project. Ensure the project is completed on schedule and within financial boundaries. Facilitate the free flow of information between the client, departments within the Company and external parties to achieve the successful delivery of the project.
Key Activities and Accountabilities:
1. Coordinate the activities of a project team to complete the project in a safe manner on schedule with budget constraint complying to policies and procedures.
2. To ensure all correct technical and managerial interfaces are maintained with the client at all times.
3. Provide project updates to Senior Management as required.
4. Responsible for day to day contact and communication with the client.
5. Manage execution of operations and project support activities.
6. Resolve disputes and problems related to project planning and delivery.
7. Develop cost effective solutions, evaluate alternatives and collaborate with client to confirm requirements and ensure acceptance.
8. Directly or indirectly manage project personnel.
9. Manage all VORs and any associated contract negotiations in concert with Region and SSPL.
10. Liaise with the team members, internal / external parties as and when required to ensure discussion takes place achieving effective communication to achieve task completion as per plan and budget
11. Actively adhere to the Code of Conduct and Anti-Bribery policies, procedures and processes to ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained and exposure to liability or risk to Expro's reputation is minimised. Provide leadership in all ethical issues; ensure employees are aware of Expro's compliance requirements and feel able to report possible violations or conflicts of interest
12. Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Quality policies, procedures, processes & systems. Take an active part in quality improvement processes. Act on reported deficiencies and approve deviations from standard procedures as appropriate
13. Ensure that employees adhere to and comply with all applicable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and processes. Provide leadership in HSE; encourage employees to take responsibility and be accountable for their own and others' safety and provide an environment where they feel authorised to stop any unsafe job. Ensure that all incidents and non-conformances are reported in line with the appropriate procedures and deadlines; ensure that all incidents are investigated and corrective actions raised as required; where appropriate, participates in incident investigations
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experienced in subsea production trees, controls and associated interfaces
- 10+ years previous experience within a related environment
- Snr Leadership / Management experience
Type: Long Term Contract / Office, Offshore, InternationalSalary: Not statedExpro's mission is well flow management. We provide services and products that measure, improve, control and process flow from high-value oil and gas wells, from exploration and appraisal through to mature field production optimisation and enhancement.
Posted: Fri 22 May at 12:34 Expires: Fri 19 Jun at 12:34
LiveSenior Engineer - Instrumentation/Certification
Expro Meters is seeking a Senior Engineer with a background in the selection and use of instrumentation as used in the Oil and Gas industry, as well as experience with hazardous area certification of products. This position requires knowledge of flow, pressure, temperature, density, watercut and other instrumentation as well as experience with data acquisition systems. Responsibilities will include configuration and programming of instrumentation systems and components, as well as generation of user's manuals and technical documentation. This person will also be responsible for issues regarding hazardous area and other certifications (CE, EMC, etc) for all Expro Meters products and offerings, and for cable/gland/accessory selection to meet customer and geographic requirements. Electronics knowledge and the ability to design and troubleshoot electronic circuits is a plus.
- Define functional requirements and performance specifications for instrumentation to be used in Oilfield measurement applications.
- Work with field operations and customers to define cabling, gland, junction box, etc requirements for hazardous area applications/deployments. Select and document system definition and source suitable components.
- Technical resource for configuration, programming and documentation of 3 rd party instrumentation, including field and customer technical support, writing of users manuals and technical bulletins, and customization to meet internal and customer requirements.
- Responsible as Certification Engineer for organization. Create and maintain documentation and records for agency certification of products (Ordinary location, hazardous area, EMC,etc).
- Perform internal certification audits and serve as responsible inpidual for external certification audits.
- Troubleshooting of electronic circuits to determine cause of failure and corrective action.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferable
- 5+ years industrial instrumentation and agency certification experience.
- Oil/gas industry experience preferable
- Hazardous area and electronics design experience a plus.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedExpro Meters is seeking a Senior Engineer with a background in the selection and use of instrumentation as used in the Oil and Gas industry, as well as experience with hazardous ar...
Posted: Fri 22 May at 12:00 Expires: Fri 19 Jun at 12:00
LiveProject Manager - IRM/Diving - NETHERLANDS BASED - STAFF
Project Manager - IRM/Diving - NETHERLANDS BASED - STAFF
Project Manager - IRM/Diving - NETHERLANDS BASED - STAFF SPENCER OGDEN have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager, preferably living within a daily driving distance to Central Holland, to join their Dutch Office and manage a number of upcoming Deep-water Installation and Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (IMR) projects in the North and Baltic Sea. Having established themselves as a growing player in the Offshore Services Industry, my client have acquired exceptionally gifted personnel, Equipment and Vessels in order to deliver projects for the Oil & gas and Renewables industries. They have gained a strong reputation among medium and large-scale Operators and Energy Companies and have a solid development plan in place that will win business from some of the most established names in the industry. Criteria for Consideration : - - The right to live and work within the European Union but essentially YOU MUST BE ALREADY LIVING/HAVING AN ADDRESS IN THE NETHERLANDS. - Fluent in English and Dutch, both written and Oral is essential. - An Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Marine, Hydraulic - oil-related discipline. - A strong Engineering background for projects covering Subsea Structural Installation, Inspection and Maintenance using either ping, or per-less Intervention methods. - A proven track-record of managing projects, all the subsequent client liaison and management and business development responsibilities. - A solid communicator and leader, capable of overseeing the work of a large team. Responsibilities : - The Project Manager assumes full P&L responsibility and accountability for assigned project. Maintain close operational communication with the, Project Delivery Manager and the Offshore Manager. Ensure effective inter-personal communication between all levels of personnel involved with project and operations including; clients, representatives and subcontractors. Assist in managing vessels and potential assets in between projects so that they are maintained in readiness for next project. Ensure that all operations are assessed for potential risk and that critical operations are reviewed and Task Risk Assessments are performed. Oversee all aspects of the project including execution in accordance with the approved Project Control Procedure and the company management system; address any non-conformance. Liaise with Offshore Manager, Procurement Manager, Equipment Engineer and Equipment Supervisor to ensure equipment is correctly configured to meet project requirements. Actively foster a close working relationship and consult with the Project Engineers for technical/operational activities and assist them in the development and improvement of practical skills. Conduct themselves in a proper manner when on duty with regards to company policies and procedures. Initiate and maintain relevant administration systems. Report safety incidents relating to project activities. Provide effective management of project mobilisations, operations and de-mobilisation. Ensure any corrective measures raised by audits and/or inspections carried out pertaining to personnel, procedures, work site or supporting equipment are actioned and traceable Ensure regular competency assessments are carried out and that personnel are safely performing their duties. Have an understanding of the Company Health and Safety Policy and the responsibilities of each grade of personnel therein. Ensure suitable and sufficient risk assessments are carried out and recorded. Ensure that all information is passed on to employees via recorded toolbox talks before commencement of work. For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office
Type: Long Term Contract / International,Office,SiteSalary: €65000 - €75000 per annum + Car, Healthcare, PensionProject Manager - IRM/Diving - NETHERLANDS BASED - STAFF
Posted: Fri 22 May at 12:00 Expires: Fri 19 Jun at 12:00
LiveSenior Applications Engineer
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Senior Applications Engineer will be key in guiding the direction of Expro PowerChokes growth in the Performance Drilling market. Providing front technical support to clients and Expro regions, effectively liaising with the appropriate regional teams within the organization to effectively apply Expro PowerChokes technologies. The Senior Applications Engineer is expected to help guide the technical development of PowerChokes products and technologies that will expand PowerChokes market exposure in Performance Drilling. Expro PowerChokes will be maturing the Automatic Back Pressure technology into a competitive Manage Pressure Drilling Technology. The Senior Applications Engineer will be a key player in the guidance and fostering of this development. This position will also be responsible for assisting clients in developing well engineering plans that would have the potential for use of PowerChokes products.
- Develop a concept and determine a way forward for Expro PowerChokes Managed Pressure Drilling technologies. This will include basic control concept and overall Well Flow Management services.
- Work with the Engineering Team to develop the technologies necessary for MPD product family expansion.
- Assist with the tender procedure for PowerChokes and Expro regional teams to properly apply technologies to the clients drilling plan(s).
- Be active in IADC MPD-UBO Committee, attend meetings internationally and ensure Expro PowerChokes technologies stay on a path that will take advantage of market and industry initiatives.
- Participate in API Technical meetings for Drilling, Well Control, Exploration and Production. Plan to be a committee member and attend meetings several times per year. This will require international travel.
- Ensure literature describing product and service offerings, technical datasheets, advertising, PC website meet required standards.
- Develop overall application strategies and methods that will aid in expansion of PowerChokes in the Performance Drilling Market
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Technical understanding of the Drilling Industry with a bias for Performance Drilling
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, (specifically Powerpoint and WORD), and Salesforce.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedExpro's mission is well flow management. We provide services and products that measure, improve, control and process flow from high-value oil and gas wells, from exploration and appraisal through to mature field production optimisation and enhancement.
Posted: Fri 22 May at 12:00 Expires: Fri 19 Jun at 12:00