Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted By:Orion Group
Orion Group are one of the world''s leading engineering recruitment agencies specialising in contract and permanent manpower for the majority of the world''s largest energy specialists. The group have 34 offices located internationally from Calgary and Houston to offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.www.orionjobs.com
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is seeking an operations experienced Electrical Engineer to fill a critical vacancy. The successful applicant will serve as focal point for electrical systems related activities for this substantial site. The role provides expert technical advice and support to Operations and Maintenance on a day to day basis. The position reports to the Instrument Control and Electrical Team Leader within the Engineering Department.
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 21/01/2012 01:00:00
Expires: 18/02/2012 01:00:00
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
As Senior Electrical Engineer, your main responsibilities will include;
Technical assurance for Management of Change (MOC) of electrical systems. The post holder is the senior Discipline Responsible Engineer with respect to electrical power generation, control and distribution systems, including review of proposed modifications and design input to utility planning for infrastructure improvements. The role provides a significant degree of coaching and mentoring to other staff in support of the overall health of the discipline for the region.
Job responsibilities include technical assurance for integrity management of electrical systems, ad hoc support to site-based staff, project management for minor electrical improvements and supervision of electrical installation contractors, specification of new equipment for procurement, including verification of quality assurance methods, functional performance testing and equipment certification. The role supports activity/turnaround planning with respect to electrical maintenance, inspection, testing and modifications.
* Coach and mentor engineers, drive the development of the electrical engineering organizational capability within the region.
* Lead electrical discipline work scopes, engineering queries (EQs), and MOCs for the asset in all operating areas (process, non-process and waste operations).
* Deliver discipline-specific support to the asset in resolving operations, maintenance, and techincal integrity issues
* Provide assurance for Safety-Critical Equipment maintenance and oversight of hazardous area Ex inspection programme
* Oversee engineering feasibility studies for minor electrical projects
* Liaison with Small Projects, provide constructive feedback for scope development and critical/independent review of detailed design packages
* Communicate design expectations and site implementation standards to Projects teams; Share lessons learned with Projects and with regional/global ICE CoPs.
* Provide Operations input to Major Projects regarding electrical systems design
* Manage all deliverables from electrical engineering contractors and suppliers
* Provide input to hazard identification and risk assessments for proposed changes
* Lead or support incident investigations and RCFA involving electrical equipment.
* Ensure that relevant Engineering Technical Practices (ETPs), codes, standards, design guidelines and regulations relevant to electrical systems are correctly interpreted and applied
* Carry out gap assessments against ETPs and raise formal deviations where non- conformance is identified; Establish and implements action plans to close gaps
* Collaborate with specialists and engineers of all disciplines
This is a contract position.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81217.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operating in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.
Similar Jobs to Senior Electrical Engineer
LiveElectrical Commissioning Engineers - Offshore
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Electrical Commissioning Engineer - Offshore
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 907336
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: Not statedOur client is currently recruiting for the position of Electrical Commissioning Engineer - Offshore
Posted: Tue 09 Feb at 9:00 Expires: Tue 08 Mar at 9:00
LiveElectrical Commissioning Engineer - Onshore
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Electrical Commissioning Engineer - Onshore
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 907337
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedOur client is currently recruiting for the position of Electrical Commissioning Engineer - Onshore
Posted: Tue 09 Feb at 9:00 Expires: Tue 08 Mar at 9:00
LiveInstrumentation, Control and Safety System Commissioning Engine
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Instrumentation, Control and Safety System Commissioning Engineers - Offshore
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 907338
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: Not statedOur client is currently recruiting for the position of Instrumentation, Control and Safety System Commissioning Engineers - Offshore
Posted: Tue 09 Feb at 9:00 Expires: Tue 08 Mar at 9:00
LiveElectrical Design Engineer - Power Plants
Job Description: Responsible for planning, managing and providing oversight, governance and direction for project engineering and design Manage / lead / self-perform electrical engineering and design responsibilities for assigned projects Manage electrical engineering and design contractors for assigned projects. Serve as fleet-wide electrical engineering and design advisor to Station Managers, Outage Managers, Project Managers and Systems Engineers Periodically work at multiple site locations at different types of power plants in plant and office environments Assess evolving design technologies for their potential to optimize plant economy, reliability and performance Daily operational performance with relay protection scheme design, relay settings calculations & coordination, short circuit analysis, load flow, voltage profile, motor starting voltage drop and cable sizing In-depth responsibility (including the ability to prepare specifications and review bids) for the following equipment: 600V MCCs, medium voltage switchgear motors, circuit breakers, relays and DC battery systems Experience in developing and revising electrical drawings including conduit/tray/cable routing, one-lines, AC & DC schematics, equipment arrangement, switchyard layout, relay panel arrangement, grounding, lighting protection and lighting Engineering documentation (One-lines, Three-lines, P&IDs, wiring, schematics, physical drawings, equipment technical specifications, engineering data sheets, calculations, ETAP) Analyse and diagnose systems and processes Manage and interface/work with and direct associates and contract employees with skills, accountability and expertise in the following: Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Chemical, Piping, Electrical, Controls, Environmental, System Engineering, Scope development, Design engineering, Project controls & scheduling, Quality management, Safety Management, Constructability, Outage management, Start-up & testing, program & process development, Business planning, Resource allocation, Budget development, Project reporting, Risk identification, analysis and mitigation, Constructability, Document Control etc Required: BS in Electrical Engineering 8 - 15 years experience in power project engineering and design Experience in testing and commissioning electrical systems Power plant system and design and technical support Skilled in reviewing electrical engineering and design software reports/calculations (e.g. ETAP, SKM, EDSA etc.) Demonstrated power plant specific experience with low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage electrical systems including related equipment such as generator, turbine, switchyard and al auxiliary electrical equipment Familiarity with standard engineering codes (e.g. NEC, IEEE, ASME, NFPA, API)
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedJob Description: Responsible for planning, managing and providing oversight, governance and direction for project engineering and design Manage / lead / self-perform electrical en...
Posted: Mon 08 Feb at 23:00 Expires: Mon 07 Mar at 23:00
Swift Worldwide Resources is the leading supplier of manpower to the Oil and Gas Industry. With over 30 years of experience, Swift serves as a strategic partner supplying both contract and direct hire services to its blue chip client base. Through Swift's innovative recruitment strategies, Swift has generated a current contractor pool of over 3200 Swifties which span 35 countries across the globe. Swift's expansive footprint provides true global talent solutions to major capital projects throughout the world.
Our client is seeking a Civil Engineer - to be based in Madrid - Spain, to work on one of their major global projects.
Location: Madrid, Spain
Start date: ASAP
End Date: December 2016 (will be extended and transfer to Saudi Arabia)
The candidate must lead, review, assess and manage scope of works of the allocated FEED/EPC package under the direction of their delegated Senior Project Engineers and Project Manager. The candidate must also review, participate, guide and manage the FEED/EPC contractor in developing the scope of works as defined in the various Work Entity Releases (WER's).
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervision of civil engineering execution in detailed design, production of calculations for heavy equipment foundations, and steel structures.
* Supervision of industrial building design (substations, control buildings, etc) in term of architectural, structural, safety aspects. Experience in precast buildings will be an advantage,
* Must have supervision and technical capabilities to manage HVAC design for buildings. This is a must
* Supervision of Geotechnical activities (i.e. finalization of a Soil Report covering all the design needs).identifying the best solution in term of foundation type and/or soil improvement.
* Design of drainage systems (sewer, oily water, clean storm water, chemical drainage atc) including the design of all the relevant facilities (i.e. pits, culverts, lift stations).
* Supervision of overall underground facility (experience in Handling the 3D model would be an advantage) including the installation of electrical/Telecom/instrument cables and pits
* Design of concrete paving and road
* Design and structural steel and precast pipe racks
* Design of structural steel technological structures, process plant structures
* Design of blast resistant buildings
* Design of compressor/table top, pumps and similar types of machine foundations requiring dynamic analysis
* Design of Equipment foundations like exchangers, coolers, process columns, steel stacks, horizontal vessels, pipe supports
* Supervision of material selection (i.e. review of the Material Requisitions developed by the Contractor)
* Supervision of construction activities.
* Conversant with all the international design codes of practices like American and British codes
* Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
* Review drawings, specifications and calculations and monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, standards and compliance with the Project Schedule
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline
- 12 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry petrochemical project
- Good working knowledge of Aramco standards and procedures and International standards
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbally
- Functional Capability
- Planning & Organizing
PLEASE NOTE: UNSUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MAY NOT BE CONTACTED.
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £0.00 per annumCivil Engineer Swift Worldwide Resources is the leading supplier of manpower to the Oil and Gas Industry. With over 30 years of experience, Swift serves as a strategic partner s...
Posted: Mon 08 Feb at 17:00 Expires: Mon 15 Feb at 17:00