Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
To work for an Oil Company on a large gas Platform project due to go into production in mid 2013 in Asia. In order to be shortlisted, it is Essential that you provide details of some of your previous employment history when applying via this jobsite.
Salary: USD Dayrate net of Tax + various allowances: local transport: leave breaks
Working Locations: Site, Office, Offshore, International
Posted: 06/09/2011 05:00:00
Expires: 04/10/2011 05:00:00
Key Requirements· Bachelors Degree (may not be essential).
· Minimum 10 years experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with at least 8 years with experience of offshore facilities for Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning scheduling - this is CRITICAL.
· Knowledge of computer based planning tools, e.g. Primavera P6 / MS Project ect. Including Microsoft suite e.g. Excel, Word, Access and Power Point.
· Experience in Project Start-up sequence logic planning
· Hold current offshore Survival Certificate
· Familiar with the operational aspects of offshore production and platform facilities, offshore operations and operation of Drilling Rigs. This aspect is preferred but is not a essential for this position.
· Possess good communication skills and good command of English, both verbal and written
Job Description· Take the responsibility for Contractor’s schedule development, maintenance of all Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning and operations interface related to the work for Topsides, Drilling, Onshore Gas Terminal, Subsea Pipelines and Umbilical’s encompassing Contractors Commissioning Scope of Work.
· To work on site and offshore to assist in scheduling the interfaces between discipline activities and with other project team members.
· Responsible to the Commissioning Manager and reporting to the Senior Project Planner for ensuring the integration management and control of the Contractor’s Project Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Schedule that they are properly planned, measured and accurately reported in line with the Project Schedule.
· Establish target schedule and S’ curves by discipline and overall for execution of module Commissioning scope, Construction milestones and priorities for system/sub-system handover to Operations.
· Identify and maintain Contractor’s interface milestones for the Commissioning Schedule including Construction, Drilling, Commissioning and Start Up for the Topside, the Accommodation Unit, the Onshore Gas Terminal, the Subsea activities and operations.
· Help Contractor to develop and maintain an integrated Level 3 schedule from Construction Hand over through to the Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, Offshore HUC, Start Up and Hand over to Operations for Final Acceptance.
· Constant Monitor the Contractor’s Commissioning works for progress and ensure resources are deployed to achieve the project plan and ensure plans are tracked and reported. Evaluating, analyzing, highlighting and offering solutions to trends that may result in schedule slippages.
· Review Contractor’s Construction, Subcontractor, Vendor schedules and manpower requirements in line with Commissioning requirements and liaise with Project Construction and Senor Planner and ensure schedule impacts are dealt with.
· Provide assistance with the management of all Contractor’s Commissioning activities associated with project planning, scheduling, forecasting, critical path analysis, progress reporting, and time recovery strategies.
· Review the Contractor’s reported status of Construction completion milestones, assess the impact to the Commissioning works and provide an input to remedial action to the Contractor and Commissioning teams. Establish and monitor Contractor’s weekly KPI Commissioning rates including loop checks, hydro tests and system tests. Produce reports as required for the Project Commissioning Manager.
· Working with the Commissioning Manager and Commissioning Team, establish a productivity measurement system to measure Contractor’s actual performance and improve performance to shorten the critical path.
· Be pro-active in all matters relating to Planning and Risk Analysis.
· Perform any other duties that may be requested by the Project Manager and the Senior Project Planner.
Similar Jobs to Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
Our client is an international upstream Oil & Gas company with the majority of its production carried out in North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia and is committed to conducting its business safely, in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner
They are currently recruiting for the position of Metering Engineer, based in Aberdeen
Responsibilities will include:
Provide day to day technical support to the offshore Metering technician(s)
Progress longer term metering issues
Maintain site dispensation database, mismeasurement register, audit tracker database, site action tracker and environmental status tracker
Update of all existing platform metering manuals and procedures as required
Provide support to the Allocation and HCA department in preparation of mismeasurement reports
Mobilisation of offshore metering personnel in conjunction with site planner
Provide support to the Allocation and HCA department in preparation of AFA's
Action timely purchase, repair, calibration and recertification of field and test equipment
Accompany DECC/third parties on audits
Reduce cost and risk to company where possible and act on behalf of company's best interests
Education attainment & Accreditation
Recognised technical formal qualification, technical ONC/HNC/Degree or equivalent
Skills & Experience
Good working knowledge of:
Metering systems and equipment.
Relevant standards (API, ISO, AGA, IP)
Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 903849
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: negOur client is an international upstream Oil & Gas company with the majority of its production carried out in North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia and is committed to conducting its business safely, in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner
They are currently recruiting for the position of Metering Engineer, based in Aberdeen
Posted: Sat 29 Aug at 1:00 Expires: Sat 26 Sep at 1:00
LiveProject Engineer - 3-5 yrs exp O&G
3-5 years of midstream O&G experience
Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree
Must be able to read and understand P&ID's
Field or Construction Experience
We have recently partnered with a local full service EPC that specializes in midsize midstream O&G projects. We are looking for a Project Engineer with 2-5 years of experience in smaller entrepreneurial O&G outfits to develop with this well established and stable EPC. This organization has set the standard for EPC stability in the Denver area. In their 15 year history, they have never laid anyone off. They typically hire and promote from within. We are looking for prospects that want to develop with a well run organization that has continued to grow in a turbulent market. You will be working immediately with control and relief valves and performing mechanical and piping work on midstream processing plants and gathering / compression stations. Requirements: 3-5 years of midstream O&G experience Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree Must be able to read and understand P&ID's Field or Construction Experience Travel: 25% If you have a background in midstream O&G projects, possess an entrepreneurial mindset and are looking to gain a well rounded perspective please submit your application as soon as possible. Priority will be given to those who highlight their relevant experience in this application.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: $70000 - $90000 per annum + Quarterly BonusWe have recently partnered with a local full service EPC that specializes in midsize midstream O&G projects. We are looking for a Project Engineer with 2-5 years of experience in smaller entrepreneurial O&G outfits to develop with this well established and stable EPC. You will be working immediately with control and relief valves and performing mechanical and piping work on midstream processing plants and gathering / compression stations.
Posted: Fri 28 Aug at 20:00 Expires: Fri 25 Sep at 20:00
LiveOperations Engineering Superintendent
Minimum Job Qualifications Requirement (Academic, vocational, training, etc.) Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering Minimum Work Experience: Fifteen (15) Years of experience in Refinery Process Engineering, preferably in the field of Hydrocracking, Reforming Treating, Delayed Coking and Benzene Extraction Process Technology.
1. Provide direction and lead direct reports in performing their roles and responsibilities. 2. Conduct performance appraisal reviews for direct reports, identify and ensure they acquire the required managerial or functional competencies and knowledge. 3. Review all periodic performance reports to ensure the effective implementation for the client’s strategies and operational priorities (Profit, reliability, safety and environmental requirements) and identify improvement opportunities and propose / implement improvement actions. 4. Execute Department/ Division strategy and operational plans and manage the Division’s annual budget, to meet set objectives and performance targets. 5. Ensure that the performance of various responsibilities and the conduct of the staff in the Division are in accordance with the client’s policies and procedures. 6. Ensure the availability of required resources to carry out all the responsibilities related to the Division Main Responsibilities: 1. Ensure day--to--day work is performed effectively, efficiently, and safely in order to increase refinery profit, enhance plant reliability/integrity, and promote safety & compliance to environmental standards. 2. Supervise purchasing activities for catalysts and chemicals and oversee catalyst removal, replacement, sulphuring activities, sulphiding and loading. 3. Encourage the use of latest cost efficient technologies in all areas of the Refinery. 4. Participate in the development of Projects plans in coordination with all concerned organizations and ensure providing the necessary support and advice for effective implementation. 5. Submit regular reports to the Process Engineering Manager on engineering contracts’ progress and highlight any pending issues or problems that need high--level intervention. 6. Develop and control operating expenses budget for engineering activities according to the Laboratories and process needs. 7. Direct services in support of unit surveillance and product quality certification. 8. Provide the necessary support to the respective OME team member before/after daily meetings to ensure high level of safety performance and comply with health, safety and environmental standards. 9. Perform other job--related duties as assigned by the Process Engineering Manager. Key Accountabilities Key Performance Measure
Type: Staff / InternationalSalary: Salary will be depend on experience, will be provided Lucrative Expat Package (Saudi Arabia)To oversee the optimization of the refinery’s processes involving chemicals engineering, catalysis management, and kinetics enhancement; and ensure the continuous functioning of all operational units of the Refinery in compliance with the client’s strategies and operational priorities (profit, safety, reliability, and environmental requirements).
Posted: Fri 28 Aug at 19:42 Expires: Tue 27 Oct at 19:42
LiveElectrical Engineer (Operations)
Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Appropriate experience in oil and gas process/production Good working knowledge of electrical legislation / regulations Experience of working on an operational site (offshore/terminal plant) and equipment and maintenance systems Experience in electrical design and knowledge of basic cable and protection calculations Knowledge of industry standards and specifications Experience of working on an operational site BOSIET, MIST and Offshore Medical Certificate
Provides electrical technical/engineering inputs to studies, modifications and projects definition for offshore and onshore installations Ensure clear and concise Electrical or Multi Discipline scopes of work are produced, leading to site modifications improving safety/efficiency/reliability.
Type: Short Term Contract / Office, OffshoreSalary: NegotiableProvides electrical technical/engineering inputs to studies, modifications and projects definition for offshore and onshore installations
Posted: Fri 28 Aug at 17:27 Expires: Tue 27 Oct at 17:27
LiveMechanical Design Engineer - Special Purpose Machinery
A very well-established designer and manufacturer of special-purpose machinery requires a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Design team at their Aylesbury site. As the leaders in their field they are known for their high-quality equipment, strong commitment to customer satisfaction and swift responses to industry changes.
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will be responsible for seeing projects from initial design concept through to product launch. Typical tasks involve: initial idea generation, 3D CAD modelling, drafting, prototype assembly, testing, validation, project documentation and product launch.
To be successful in applying for this Mechanical Design Engineer position you must have experience of designing with 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks. You should ideally have experience designing special purpose machinery. You should have strong competence in producing engineering drawings, including tolerancing and layering.
The company is looking at the option of hiring both a junior and a more experienced Mechanical Design Engineer, so the salary will be dependent upon level and relevance of experience, ranging from £25,000 - £40,000
If you would be interested in this opportunity please apply or call Seth on 0117 9388 088
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £25000 - £40000 per annum + competitiveA very well-established designer and manufacturer of special-purpose machinery requires a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Design team at their Aylesbury site. As the leade...
Posted: Fri 28 Aug at 17:00 Expires: Fri 25 Sep at 17:00