Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
To work for an Oil Company on a large gas Platform project due to go into production in mid 2013 in Asia. In order to be shortlisted, it is Essential that you provide details of some of your previous employment history when applying via this jobsite.
Salary: USD Dayrate net of Tax + various allowances: local transport: leave breaks
Working Locations: Site, Office, Offshore, International
Posted: 06/09/2011 05:00:00
Expires: 04/10/2011 05:00:00
Key Requirements· Bachelors Degree (may not be essential).
· Minimum 10 years experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with at least 8 years with experience of offshore facilities for Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning scheduling - this is CRITICAL.
· Knowledge of computer based planning tools, e.g. Primavera P6 / MS Project ect. Including Microsoft suite e.g. Excel, Word, Access and Power Point.
· Experience in Project Start-up sequence logic planning
· Hold current offshore Survival Certificate
· Familiar with the operational aspects of offshore production and platform facilities, offshore operations and operation of Drilling Rigs. This aspect is preferred but is not a essential for this position.
· Possess good communication skills and good command of English, both verbal and written
Job Description· Take the responsibility for Contractor’s schedule development, maintenance of all Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning and operations interface related to the work for Topsides, Drilling, Onshore Gas Terminal, Subsea Pipelines and Umbilical’s encompassing Contractors Commissioning Scope of Work.
· To work on site and offshore to assist in scheduling the interfaces between discipline activities and with other project team members.
· Responsible to the Commissioning Manager and reporting to the Senior Project Planner for ensuring the integration management and control of the Contractor’s Project Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Schedule that they are properly planned, measured and accurately reported in line with the Project Schedule.
· Establish target schedule and S’ curves by discipline and overall for execution of module Commissioning scope, Construction milestones and priorities for system/sub-system handover to Operations.
· Identify and maintain Contractor’s interface milestones for the Commissioning Schedule including Construction, Drilling, Commissioning and Start Up for the Topside, the Accommodation Unit, the Onshore Gas Terminal, the Subsea activities and operations.
· Help Contractor to develop and maintain an integrated Level 3 schedule from Construction Hand over through to the Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, Offshore HUC, Start Up and Hand over to Operations for Final Acceptance.
· Constant Monitor the Contractor’s Commissioning works for progress and ensure resources are deployed to achieve the project plan and ensure plans are tracked and reported. Evaluating, analyzing, highlighting and offering solutions to trends that may result in schedule slippages.
· Review Contractor’s Construction, Subcontractor, Vendor schedules and manpower requirements in line with Commissioning requirements and liaise with Project Construction and Senor Planner and ensure schedule impacts are dealt with.
· Provide assistance with the management of all Contractor’s Commissioning activities associated with project planning, scheduling, forecasting, critical path analysis, progress reporting, and time recovery strategies.
· Review the Contractor’s reported status of Construction completion milestones, assess the impact to the Commissioning works and provide an input to remedial action to the Contractor and Commissioning teams. Establish and monitor Contractor’s weekly KPI Commissioning rates including loop checks, hydro tests and system tests. Produce reports as required for the Project Commissioning Manager.
· Working with the Commissioning Manager and Commissioning Team, establish a productivity measurement system to measure Contractor’s actual performance and improve performance to shorten the critical path.
· Be pro-active in all matters relating to Planning and Risk Analysis.
· Perform any other duties that may be requested by the Project Manager and the Senior Project Planner.
Similar Jobs to Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN required by our Client, an International Oil and Gas Contractor, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Geoje, Korea. Duration:6 months PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Reporting to the Packages Construction Supervisor Execution of the indicated construction activities by discipline supervisor. Reporting to discipline supervisor for the performed activities. Ensure that all HSE and Permit to Work Requirements are in place prior to start the activities. Request support when required to discipline supervisor (scaffolding, crane, warehouse access, material delivery, etc.). Report any hazardous or abnormal situation identified on site to the HSE site officer or discipline supervisor. EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS Pre-Requisites Must have a recognized Technical qualification for the Position. Must have confirmed minimum 10 years' experience and knowledge to carryout efficiently and safely construction activities (installation, punch clearance of equipment & packages). Must be able to speak basic English. Required competencies The package construction discipline technician must be skilled in the following competencies: HSSE / Personal Safety / Reporting / Teamwork & Cooperation Driving license required. Packages Construction Mechanical Technician Strong experience in Punch list clearance and troubleshooting of rotating equipment & packages. Past experience in Oil & Gas projects. Preferred past experience in Shipbuilding industry. Packages Construction Electrical & Instrumentation Technician Strong experience in Punch list clearance and troubleshooting. Experience with ATEX certification and standards (knowledge IECEx regulation is welcome). Past experience in Oil & Gas projects. Preferred past experience in Shipbuilding industry.
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: £0.00 per dayINSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN required by our Client, an International Oil and Gas Contractor, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Geoje, Korea. Duration:6 months...
Posted: Thu 05 May at 9:00 Expires: Thu 02 Jun at 9:00
PRESERVATION TECHNICIAN required by our Client, a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry to be based in Geoje, Korea on a contract hire basis. Preservation of the Client supplied equipment. In addition, general mechanical supervision work, including internal inspection of pressure vessels, cooperation with close-out of the construction punch items also concentrated on close-out of the mechanical remaining work prior to the Pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Ensure Preservation of purchased equipment is kept properly maintained. Support construction team by removing and putting back Preservation for purchased equipment. Liaise with consortium Partner with site surveys (weekly walkdown) and notify to put back preservation on equipment. Supervises his Preservation permanent staff and seconded staff specifically in making sure each required preservation task is performed. The Preservation technician will lead the development and the implementation of a preservation plan for the material phases throughout storage, construction and pre-com & commissioning prior to sail away of topsides. The plan will be developed to meet all material preservation requirements; it will also address preservation element (spare parts, tools, consumable …) preservation, preservation of equipment turned over to operations, and selection of preservation elements. Update and fill the preservation file/database able to log each task performed. Identify and assure availability of the adequate preservation elements for each task Through personal leadership and setting clear expectations maintain an emphasis on safety, environmental responsibility and operational responsibility. Supervision of the work mainly at construction site. Daily coordination with consortium Partner and Client's other disciplines for the intended work sequence and schedule. To make all the necessary arrangements for inspection, including preparation for the inspection and coordination of the schedule with Client inspectors and, to attend at the inspection. For any modification work required, communicate with vendor and prepare the site instruction to sub-contractor. EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS Must have a recognised Technical qualification for the Position. Must be able to speak basic English. (i.e. Qualifications, skills, abilities, behaviours, ability to meet special job requirements) More than 5 years experiences in the fields of oil & gas development project as preservation/mechanical discipline. The person, who has worked in oil & gas development project as mechanical supervisor is preferred. Has knowledge to carryout efficiently and safely preservation & construction activities. Understanding drawing, sketches and/or provide mark-ups on the drawings to instruct sub-contractor in case any modification is required. Be able to speak, communicate, and write the English. Be able to use the Microsoft Office associated software. The Package Supply Chain Discipline Must be skilled in the following competencies: HSSE Personal Safety Reporting Teamwork & Cooperation Driving licence required.
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: £0.00 per dayPRESERVATION TECHNICIAN required by our Client, a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry to be based in Geoje, Korea on a contract...
Posted: Thu 28 Apr at 11:00 Expires: Thu 26 May at 11:00