Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
To work for an Oil Company on a large gas Platform project due to go into production in mid 2013 in Asia. In order to be shortlisted, it is Essential that you provide details of some of your previous employment history when applying via this jobsite.
Salary: USD Dayrate net of Tax + various allowances: local transport: leave breaks
Working Locations: Site, Office, Offshore, International
Posted: 06/09/2011 05:00:00
Expires: 04/10/2011 05:00:00
Key Requirements· Bachelors Degree (may not be essential).
· Minimum 10 years experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with at least 8 years with experience of offshore facilities for Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning scheduling - this is CRITICAL.
· Knowledge of computer based planning tools, e.g. Primavera P6 / MS Project ect. Including Microsoft suite e.g. Excel, Word, Access and Power Point.
· Experience in Project Start-up sequence logic planning
· Hold current offshore Survival Certificate
· Familiar with the operational aspects of offshore production and platform facilities, offshore operations and operation of Drilling Rigs. This aspect is preferred but is not a essential for this position.
· Possess good communication skills and good command of English, both verbal and written
Job Description· Take the responsibility for Contractor’s schedule development, maintenance of all Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning and operations interface related to the work for Topsides, Drilling, Onshore Gas Terminal, Subsea Pipelines and Umbilical’s encompassing Contractors Commissioning Scope of Work.
· To work on site and offshore to assist in scheduling the interfaces between discipline activities and with other project team members.
· Responsible to the Commissioning Manager and reporting to the Senior Project Planner for ensuring the integration management and control of the Contractor’s Project Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Schedule that they are properly planned, measured and accurately reported in line with the Project Schedule.
· Establish target schedule and S’ curves by discipline and overall for execution of module Commissioning scope, Construction milestones and priorities for system/sub-system handover to Operations.
· Identify and maintain Contractor’s interface milestones for the Commissioning Schedule including Construction, Drilling, Commissioning and Start Up for the Topside, the Accommodation Unit, the Onshore Gas Terminal, the Subsea activities and operations.
· Help Contractor to develop and maintain an integrated Level 3 schedule from Construction Hand over through to the Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, Offshore HUC, Start Up and Hand over to Operations for Final Acceptance.
· Constant Monitor the Contractor’s Commissioning works for progress and ensure resources are deployed to achieve the project plan and ensure plans are tracked and reported. Evaluating, analyzing, highlighting and offering solutions to trends that may result in schedule slippages.
· Review Contractor’s Construction, Subcontractor, Vendor schedules and manpower requirements in line with Commissioning requirements and liaise with Project Construction and Senor Planner and ensure schedule impacts are dealt with.
· Provide assistance with the management of all Contractor’s Commissioning activities associated with project planning, scheduling, forecasting, critical path analysis, progress reporting, and time recovery strategies.
· Review the Contractor’s reported status of Construction completion milestones, assess the impact to the Commissioning works and provide an input to remedial action to the Contractor and Commissioning teams. Establish and monitor Contractor’s weekly KPI Commissioning rates including loop checks, hydro tests and system tests. Produce reports as required for the Project Commissioning Manager.
· Working with the Commissioning Manager and Commissioning Team, establish a productivity measurement system to measure Contractor’s actual performance and improve performance to shorten the critical path.
· Be pro-active in all matters relating to Planning and Risk Analysis.
· Perform any other duties that may be requested by the Project Manager and the Senior Project Planner.
Similar Jobs to Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
LiveGas Trial Team Leader
Our client is a national market leader in the fields of marine defence and nuclear engineering and enjoys the backing of a large international group. They are world leaders in the design and supply of cargo handling systems for liquefied gas ships carrying liquefied petroleum gas, and occasional onshore projects. They are well respected within their specialised industries and present interesting challenges to meet specific cutting edge design requirements. The client has a strong reputation for offering excellent job satisfaction and career progression. Job Description The Gas Trial Team Leader will be based on-site in an advisory capacity, with no construction responsibilities but plenty of hands-on tasks. You would be acting as liaison with the shipyard, owner, and head office for the cargo handling system, checking goods on arrival at site for any losses or damages. You would be leading a team of 3 engineers supporting the yard and monitoring operations. Between gas trials you can assist the shipyard with commissioning activities. The main responsibilities for this role include: Planning, performing and managing the commissioning aspects for projects in a timely and cost effective manner Leading team of engineers during gas trials on LPG carriers and obtaining a fully signed and stamped gas trial certificate Resolving any technical issues relating to the gas plant during the gas trials and offering assistance on any other areas of expertise Prepare and issue a Gas Trial report within two weeks of completion of the gas trials for circulation to the relevant parties Manage, under direction from Head Office, the activities of the Gas Trial team including Health and Safety Inductions After Sales activities as directed by Head Office, including visits on-board ships to identify and where possible rectify problems, then giving feedback to Head Office Crew Training organise locally and participate in the crew training activities with Owners and Yard personnel. Qualifications / Experience Gas trials experience essential Marine / maritime experience essential Excellent English language and communication skills required Would ideally suit a Gas Engineer who has worked on ships / marine vessels Must have relevant process experience and the ability to operate the plant Promote and maintain a culture of openness, honesty, commitment and continuous improvement. Job Title:Gas Trial Team Leader Salary:£40,000pa + generous overseas allowance, private accommodation and a car, also included are 2 flights home per annum. Location:South Korea various shipyards Job Type:Perm Job ID:LF/HQ 11080 Security In the first instance, candidates should send us their CV, clearly stating salary expectations, location preferences and availability. Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to submit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time. Services advertised by Electus Recruitment Solutions are those of an Agency. This is a permanent opportunity. Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Type: Long Term Contract / International,Offshore,SiteSalary: £40000.00 per annum + overseas allowance + house + carOur client is a national market leader in the fields of marine defence and nuclear engineering and enjoys the backing of a large international group. They are world leaders in the ...
Posted: Mon 13 Jul at 16:00 Expires: Mon 10 Aug at 16:00
LiveSite Electrical Superintendent - Shipbuilding
As a Lead Electrical Inspector (Owner's Site Team), you will represent one of our most renowned clients taking the lead for all of the electrical components in the construction of a series of tankers in Korea. You will have previous new build experience, preferably at least 2- 3 full builds at Lead Inspector level.You will have worked with tankers previous - ideally having worked on at least one full new build tanker series. In addition it will be beneficial if you have worked in Korea previously and part of a Site Team and have worked to Aframax size vessels within construction. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the leading names in the industry and be involved in a complex and exciting build. A competitive salary and full expat package is available.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: £1 per annum + COMPETITIVE EXPAT PACKAGEAs a Lead Electrical Inspector (Owner's Site Team), you will represent one of our most renowned clients taking the lead for all of the electrical components in the construction of...
Posted: Fri 10 Jul at 11:00 Expires: Fri 07 Aug at 11:00