Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
To work for an Oil Company on a large gas Platform project due to go into production in mid 2013 in Asia. In order to be shortlisted, it is Essential that you provide details of some of your previous employment history when applying via this jobsite.
Salary: USD Dayrate net of Tax + various allowances: local transport: leave breaks
Working Locations: Site, Office, Offshore, International
Posted: 06/09/2011 05:00:00
Expires: 04/10/2011 05:00:00
Key Requirements· Bachelors Degree (may not be essential).
· Minimum 10 years experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with at least 8 years with experience of offshore facilities for Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning scheduling - this is CRITICAL.
· Knowledge of computer based planning tools, e.g. Primavera P6 / MS Project ect. Including Microsoft suite e.g. Excel, Word, Access and Power Point.
· Experience in Project Start-up sequence logic planning
· Hold current offshore Survival Certificate
· Familiar with the operational aspects of offshore production and platform facilities, offshore operations and operation of Drilling Rigs. This aspect is preferred but is not a essential for this position.
· Possess good communication skills and good command of English, both verbal and written
Job Description· Take the responsibility for Contractor’s schedule development, maintenance of all Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning and operations interface related to the work for Topsides, Drilling, Onshore Gas Terminal, Subsea Pipelines and Umbilical’s encompassing Contractors Commissioning Scope of Work.
· To work on site and offshore to assist in scheduling the interfaces between discipline activities and with other project team members.
· Responsible to the Commissioning Manager and reporting to the Senior Project Planner for ensuring the integration management and control of the Contractor’s Project Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Schedule that they are properly planned, measured and accurately reported in line with the Project Schedule.
· Establish target schedule and S’ curves by discipline and overall for execution of module Commissioning scope, Construction milestones and priorities for system/sub-system handover to Operations.
· Identify and maintain Contractor’s interface milestones for the Commissioning Schedule including Construction, Drilling, Commissioning and Start Up for the Topside, the Accommodation Unit, the Onshore Gas Terminal, the Subsea activities and operations.
· Help Contractor to develop and maintain an integrated Level 3 schedule from Construction Hand over through to the Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, Offshore HUC, Start Up and Hand over to Operations for Final Acceptance.
· Constant Monitor the Contractor’s Commissioning works for progress and ensure resources are deployed to achieve the project plan and ensure plans are tracked and reported. Evaluating, analyzing, highlighting and offering solutions to trends that may result in schedule slippages.
· Review Contractor’s Construction, Subcontractor, Vendor schedules and manpower requirements in line with Commissioning requirements and liaise with Project Construction and Senor Planner and ensure schedule impacts are dealt with.
· Provide assistance with the management of all Contractor’s Commissioning activities associated with project planning, scheduling, forecasting, critical path analysis, progress reporting, and time recovery strategies.
· Review the Contractor’s reported status of Construction completion milestones, assess the impact to the Commissioning works and provide an input to remedial action to the Contractor and Commissioning teams. Establish and monitor Contractor’s weekly KPI Commissioning rates including loop checks, hydro tests and system tests. Produce reports as required for the Project Commissioning Manager.
· Working with the Commissioning Manager and Commissioning Team, establish a productivity measurement system to measure Contractor’s actual performance and improve performance to shorten the critical path.
· Be pro-active in all matters relating to Planning and Risk Analysis.
· Perform any other duties that may be requested by the Project Manager and the Senior Project Planner.
Similar Jobs to Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
Live VSAT Service Technician
Key Responsibilities Troubleshoot RF and IP components of maritime VSAT/ESV systems using specialized software and test equipment. Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore operability in least time possible and most cost effective manner. Analyze the results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services are working satisfactorily. Analyze diagnostic tools and monitoring software to proactively interpret problems or symptoms that can lead to equipment failure or degradation of network efficiency. Take action to resolve such anomalies prior to failure impacting customer services. Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting communication equipment including satellite modems, transceivers, BUC’s, LNB’s, Stabilized antennas (SeaTel, Orbit, Intellian), and out of band management. Interpret technical drawings, service orders, circuit diagrams, part lists and schematics to effectively understand and troubleshoot customer issues. Understand/Manipulate test equipment and tools required to diagnose VSAT systems including but not limited to; spectrum analyzers, multi-meters, data testers, hand tools, etc. Complete detailed written corrective maintenance, site survey and preventative maintenance reports that are clear and grammatically correct in English upon completion of service activity. Maintain tools, test equipment and manage spares inventory as required. Maintain the proper up-to-date documents in order to travel on short notice. Meet all HSE requirements and certifications to perform job duties. Other duties as assigned. Qualifications/Experience Degree in electrical/electronic/communications engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience One-Two years of field experience installing and troubleshooting maritime VSAT/ESV systems (knowledge of Seatel and Intellian products preferred). Once hired, 2 months of on the job training Able to transport or lift tools and/or equipment weighing up to 75lbs Be able to pass basic medical fitness test. Skills/Interests Self-organized Problem solving skills Communications skills Client relations management
The Field Engineer is responsible for providing onsite technical support for the purpose of the installation, repair and maintenance of terrestrial systems and satellite earth stations/VSAT/ESV terminals in both fixed and stabilized environments at customer locations located anywhere in the world.
Type: Long Term Contract / InternationalSalary: Not statedA Global provider of satellite-based connectivity and media is looking for a field engineer:
Posted: Fri 30 Sep at 12:05 Expires: Tue 29 Nov at 12:05
A great opportunity to join the tanker fleet of a large, established persified vessel owner. In the role of Technical Superintendent, you will be responsible for all technical related issues of the tanker fleet. This person will plan for port state control and vetting inspections, communicate with the Ops group on day to day matters, and all scheduled drydockings.
Bachelors degree, maritime college Time at sea, Chief or First engineer, tankers ideal Previous drydock/ship repair experience Work with class societies regarding vessel surveys and inspections Strong organization skills Fluent in English, both written and verbal A pre existing EU work entitlement. In return for the above, you will be offered a generous base salary, potential for bonus, company paid holiday. This is a great opportunity for a senior engineering officer to leverage that experience in a shoreside role.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedTechnical Superintendent
Posted: Fri 30 Sep at 11:59 Expires: Tue 29 Nov at 11:59
LiveMechanical Engineer Team Leader
Skills required: Minimum BEng Mechanical Engineering or suitable experience in lieu. Solid experience working with CAD Systems (Solid Works, ProE or Catia). Design and development of mechanical systems including layout design through to detailed design and evaluation. Detailed working knowledge of Configuration Management. Lead Teams of dedicated engineers to produce on time and on cost customer focused solutions to difficult requirement sets. Skills Desirable: Knowledge of ESATAN-TMS or other thermal analysis SW packages would be highly advantageous. Experience of electronic assembly methods and the Mechanical design elements associated with this discipline. Space project experience, preferably with ESA or another major space agency or prime contractor or supplier. Knowledge of Space Engineering ECSS standards. Capability to tailor spacecraft engineering processes and standards i.e. ECSS, to meet the business requirements and customer compliance.
Responsibilities will include: Mechanical system and component design for use in nano and small satellites. Working in the mechanical engineering design team to develop mechanical and electro-mechanical components for use in a space environment. Active participation to all design phases including concept definition and elaboration, environment definition, thermal models generation, thermal analysis, detailed design, component selection, supply chain engagement, component testing and validation. Generation and review of data packages to the time and quality requirements of the company. Design of closely coupled integrated systems up to full spacecraft level. Work closely with the Manufacture Engineering team
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: NegotiableMechanical Engineer Team Leader is required for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, a world leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. Required to deliver Mechanical design solutions.
Posted: Fri 30 Sep at 11:11 Expires: Tue 29 Nov at 11:11
LiveAnalogue / Power Electronics Design Engineer Team Leader
Skills required: Bachelor’s degree or above in Electronic/Electrical Engineering. Ability to design power electronics to satisfy customer requirements. Knowledge of power conversion topologies Experience of circuit simulation using Spice tools. Ability to peer review, diagnose and debug existing and new electronic designs Technical report writing to a high standard including interface documentation, manufacturing instructions, test reports and user manuals. Team leadership experience for a group of up to 8 direct reports Project management experience of at least 3 parallel projects of more than 3 months duration Highly Desirable: Experience of New Product Introduction processes particularly design for manufacturability and test techniques Experience of working in a space/aerospace or other industry with high reliability requirements. Experience of conducting Parts Stress Analysis, Worst Case Analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, and Reliability Analysis
Candidates should be from a power electronics background and be able to demonstrate a prior aptitude and enthusiasm for this area of engineering. Responsibilities will include: Design of high reliability, high efficiency DC/DC convertersPower electronics, battery charging and protection design. Knowledge of digital electronics and integration within analogue systems. Managing a small team and able to distribute tasks to other engineers and production staff. Taking designs from prototype through to production of flight hardware. Reviews of work produced within the team and chairing of design reviews Ownership and management of team schedules and resource allocation on a weekly and daily basis
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: NegotiableThe role will focus on analogue electronics design for the space environment, but will also include other tasks as would be expected of a senior member of engineering staff.
Posted: Fri 30 Sep at 10:57 Expires: Tue 29 Nov at 10:57
Livewell test Engineer
young testing engineer to perform the following activities Making Testing proposals • Running testing programs • Ticketing and tracking • P&L recording • Preparing Layout drawings • Preparing date sheets for equipment
Preferred specifications • Making Testing proposals • Running testing programs • Exposure to well testing Operations . Also person Should have field experience. .Person Should have onshore experience only. • Degree/ Diploma
Type: Staff or Contract / Site, Office, InternationalSalary: Not statedHiring for Well Testing Engineer
Posted: Fri 30 Sep at 5:59 Expires: Fri 28 Oct at 5:59