Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
To work for an Oil Company on a large gas Platform project due to go into production in mid 2013 in Asia. In order to be shortlisted, it is Essential that you provide details of some of your previous employment history when applying via this jobsite.
Salary: USD Dayrate net of Tax + various allowances: local transport: leave breaks
Working Locations: Site, Office, Offshore, International
Posted: 06/09/2011 05:00:00
Expires: 04/10/2011 05:00:00
Key Requirements· Bachelors Degree (may not be essential).
· Minimum 10 years experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with at least 8 years with experience of offshore facilities for Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning scheduling - this is CRITICAL.
· Knowledge of computer based planning tools, e.g. Primavera P6 / MS Project ect. Including Microsoft suite e.g. Excel, Word, Access and Power Point.
· Experience in Project Start-up sequence logic planning
· Hold current offshore Survival Certificate
· Familiar with the operational aspects of offshore production and platform facilities, offshore operations and operation of Drilling Rigs. This aspect is preferred but is not a essential for this position.
· Possess good communication skills and good command of English, both verbal and written
Job Description· Take the responsibility for Contractor’s schedule development, maintenance of all Pre-Commissioning, Hookup & Commissioning and operations interface related to the work for Topsides, Drilling, Onshore Gas Terminal, Subsea Pipelines and Umbilical’s encompassing Contractors Commissioning Scope of Work.
· To work on site and offshore to assist in scheduling the interfaces between discipline activities and with other project team members.
· Responsible to the Commissioning Manager and reporting to the Senior Project Planner for ensuring the integration management and control of the Contractor’s Project Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Schedule that they are properly planned, measured and accurately reported in line with the Project Schedule.
· Establish target schedule and S’ curves by discipline and overall for execution of module Commissioning scope, Construction milestones and priorities for system/sub-system handover to Operations.
· Identify and maintain Contractor’s interface milestones for the Commissioning Schedule including Construction, Drilling, Commissioning and Start Up for the Topside, the Accommodation Unit, the Onshore Gas Terminal, the Subsea activities and operations.
· Help Contractor to develop and maintain an integrated Level 3 schedule from Construction Hand over through to the Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, Offshore HUC, Start Up and Hand over to Operations for Final Acceptance.
· Constant Monitor the Contractor’s Commissioning works for progress and ensure resources are deployed to achieve the project plan and ensure plans are tracked and reported. Evaluating, analyzing, highlighting and offering solutions to trends that may result in schedule slippages.
· Review Contractor’s Construction, Subcontractor, Vendor schedules and manpower requirements in line with Commissioning requirements and liaise with Project Construction and Senor Planner and ensure schedule impacts are dealt with.
· Provide assistance with the management of all Contractor’s Commissioning activities associated with project planning, scheduling, forecasting, critical path analysis, progress reporting, and time recovery strategies.
· Review the Contractor’s reported status of Construction completion milestones, assess the impact to the Commissioning works and provide an input to remedial action to the Contractor and Commissioning teams. Establish and monitor Contractor’s weekly KPI Commissioning rates including loop checks, hydro tests and system tests. Produce reports as required for the Project Commissioning Manager.
· Working with the Commissioning Manager and Commissioning Team, establish a productivity measurement system to measure Contractor’s actual performance and improve performance to shorten the critical path.
· Be pro-active in all matters relating to Planning and Risk Analysis.
· Perform any other duties that may be requested by the Project Manager and the Senior Project Planner.
Similar Jobs to Hook UP & Commissioning PLANNER
LiveProduction Shift Manager
Position: Production Shift Manager x2
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £32'000 to £37'000 per annum dependant on shift and experience
Fixed shift 6am-2pm available
Fixed shift 2pm-10pm available and Fixed Shift 10pm-6am available.
The position of Production Shift Manager is to take full responsibility for the production shift activities. You will add value to the business through clear leadership of the Production Team. Lead and motivate the team to deliver outstanding levels of performance in terms of safety, quality and efficiency. As a Shift Production Manager you will measure productivity and ensure working within statutory requirements at all times and to promote a safety culture on site.
You will be part of a successful and growing manufacturing group of companies based in West Yorkshire who have sites covering the UK. As a result of their success with new products and moving into new global markets they are looking to hire a dynamic and ambitious Production Shift Manager who is looking for career advancement.
- A strong leadership style is essential with high visibility on the shop floor coaching your team to success. These are certainly not office based roles & to be successful will involve continual monitoring of the whole factory on a production line by line basis, encouraging better performance, identifying improvements & driving through their implementation.
- Responsible for delivering the company strategy on Health & Safety, Quality, Efficiency & Continual Improvement.
- These roles must ensure adherence to all policies including wearing of PPE, monitoring & tutoring safe working practices & setting exemplary housekeeping standards.
- Shift handovers must be managed to be seamless & effective handovers take place at all levels to highlight any current issues & enable production to continue uninterrupted.
- Constant visibility on the shop floor is essential to success, motivating, controlling & leading your team to meet their hourly/daily output targets. Instilling a continual improvement/lean culture will be key to continued success.
- Close working relationships with the production planner, engineering lead & manufacturing manager are key to being successful & hitting joint targets by running the production assets optimally.
- Driving the engineering team to keep all the assets in optimal condition, responding to breakdowns in a timely manner & identifying improvements by listening to and acting on feedback from all staff.
Knowledge & Experience
* Experience within FMCG, Print, Paper, Conveyor production environment* Working in an environment that has Health & Safety as a high priority.* Experience and be able to demonstrate effective people management skills.* Be IT literate and experience of using systems within a manufacturing environment.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: £32000 - £37000 per annumPosition: Production Shift Manager x2 Location: Huddersfield, West YorkshireSalary: £32'000 to £37'000 per annum dependant on shift and experience Fixed shift 6am-2pm available...
Posted: Wed 04 May at 14:00 Expires: Wed 01 Jun at 14:00
Position: Mechanical Fitter
Salary: £19500 - £21500, depending on experience. Plus company benefits and overtime
Days position: 8.00 a.m. - 4.15 p.m.
My client based in Manchester are a world leader in the development and application of high end machinery.
Due to a recent retirement they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join their busy manufacturing workshop.
- The build & assembly of parts and assemblies to drawing standards.
- The verification of parts against the appropriate drawings and/or standards which apply.
- Low level wiring of parts & assemblies.
- The correct use of tools and processes.
- To adhere to product specific procedures and completing quality records.
- To raise NCR / DCR for problem and failure reporting, suggesting and implementing improvements where appropriate.
- Proven experience of the assembly of complex equipment.
- Evidenced time served mechanical fitter or equivalent experience/qualification.
To apply for this role, please contact Riz Haider at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269 or send your cv
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: £19500 - £21500 per annum + Company benefitsPosition: Mechanical Fitter Location: Manchester Salary: £19500 - £21500, depending on experience. Plus company benefits and overtime Days position: 8.00 a.m. - 4.15 p.m. Permanent...
Posted: Wed 04 May at 14:00 Expires: Wed 01 Jun at 14:00
LiveContract Specialist - Senior Level
- Minimum of 15 years experience. - Degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering or related Business subject - Excellent communication skills – written and verbal (English). - Professional qualification in Procurement, Surveying or related profession. - Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail. - Oil & Gas in Tendering & Contracting is a must.
Reviews bids, conduct negotiations and administer the award of contracts and contract amendments and provision of feedback to bidders Drafts appropriate contractual and commercial terms & conditions to best serve and protect Company’s interests Reviews and amends standard contract documentation as required Builds and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to secure positive, constructive and cost effective commercial agreements for the Company Provides general assistance & advice on contractual & procurement matters as required to support Company’s operations. Monitors the performance of service providers on a regular basis.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Competitive salary + accommodation + travel tickets + local transportationAs a Contract Specialist you will be responsible for conducting reviews and considering legal aspects of contract award & administration. They are also responsible for preparing and drafting commercial bids and tenders, estimating the costs of a project and ensuring that the costs are controlled.
Posted: Wed 04 May at 13:03 Expires: Wed 11 May at 13:03
LiveMechanical Engineer - NPI & Production Engineering
An Opportunity is available for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to work within a production role as the key interface between the design and manufacturing operations with a global client in the Glasgow area.
Due to a number of recent contract wins and increased focus on core specialism within the engineering team, the opportunity has become available alongside a number of key hires for the business.
To be considered for the role you will have strong experience and be responsible for the following areas:
- NPI/NPD Engineering
- Mechanical Design Engineering
- Manufacturing / Production Operations
- Design for Manufacture Experience
- Increasing Design Efficiency
- Reduction of Design Rework
The role is very much a hybrid role working as a production engineer but with a strong design engineering element to the role as opposed to being heavily manufacturing focussed. This is a key hire with strong long term career opportunity and the chance to be part of a growing engineering & design function.
Interviews are taking place next week. To be considered apply now for further details and consideration.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedAn Opportunity is available for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to work within a production role as the key interface between the design and manufacturing operations with...
Posted: Wed 04 May at 13:00 Expires: Wed 01 Jun at 13:00
LiveLead Piping Engineer (International EPCM)
•Bachelor degree in engineering course preferably Mechanical Engineering or at least fifteen (15) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. •Minimum of twelve (12) years in the field of piping design involving detailed design, stress evaluation, production work, 3D model review, and construction engineering
• To study project and design basis such as scope of work, overall project schedule, basic design data, client specification, client standard drawings, existing drawings, and plot plan. • To assist in planning and organizing piping engineering activities and manpower requirement for the project. • To assist in developing piping engineering and design schedule, manpower requirements, manhour distribution and execution plan based on the scope of work and approved budget manhour/schedule. • To coordinate piping design and engineering effort with other area Lead Engineers and disciplines of the project . • To prepare piping information list and layout and document list following standard procedure created for the project. • To prepare piping general specification inclusive of specification for piping arrangement, piping support standards. • To interpret and evaluate stress/vibration analysis result and provides necessary recommendation on resolving the method of analysis. • To develop conceptual routing, piping layout and piping information of major critical equipment of the project such as tower/column, airfin coolers, heaters, compressors and reactors, preferably in 3D CAD format. • To check and review all work such as piping layout and information prepared by Engineers, 3D model, MTO, BQ and other deliverables of the project for compliance to project standards or specifications, applicable codes, contract requirements, quality standards and accepted engineering and construction practices. • To check and review piping material specification (line classes), specifications/requisitions for bulk and special piping components, vendor quotation evaluations and verifications of vendor documents and piping material take-off prepared by engineers for compliance to project standards or specifications, applicable codes, contract requirements, quality standards and accepted engineering and construction practices. • To provide field engineering support/advice towards piping installation and testing at construction site. • To perform the function inherent to Piping Key Person as designated by Piping Department Manager. • To evaluate the performance of and provide counseling and guidance to members of the project. • To identify and recommend training programs including cross training of piping staff within the team in collaboration with the Department Manager. • To prepare lesson learned upon completion of the project and recommend preventive actions to avoid recurrence on future projects to Piping Design Supervisor. • To perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Department Manager. • To carry out engineering support work during the construction phase of the project.
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: SGD 100-140kInternational EPC involved in complex construction projects is looking to hire talented inpiduals to be based in Singapore.
Posted: Wed 04 May at 11:20 Expires: Sun 03 Jul at 11:20