HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
LiveHSE Officer - Oil and Gas
- Carry out incident investigation and reporting. - Prepare HSE project plan. - Implement requirements of company, clients, and local regulations related to HSE. - Monitor the work sites for HSE issues. - Carry out HSE audit. - Carry out on job training/inductions. - Identify hazards and recommend rectification plan. - Carry out risk assessment and submit recommendations. - Compile datas for analysis from various site related to HSE performance.
- Preferably to be a mechanical/chemical diploma background. - Shall have minimum 4 years experience in the HSE field. - Shall be computer literate. - Shall be conversant in English written, spoken & presentation skills. - Shall be familiar with international standards / codes of practice related to HSE, i.e. iso 14001, oshas 18001, iosh & nebosh certified.
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Excellent package dependent on experienceCoyle-MNI require a HSE Officer for a leading contracting group based in Abu Dhabi's industrial centre.
Posted: Fri 12 Dec at 8:06 Expires: Tue 10 Feb at 8:06
LiveHSE Engineer - Oil and Gas
- Minimum qualification of BE/BTech. - Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical with experience in process plants. - More than 5 years of HSE Engineering related experience within the offshore Oil & Gas industry preferred.
- Sound knowledge of engineering phase and the integration of safety standards within the different phases of project. - Experience as an Oil & Gas process engineer is considered a plus. - Able to conduct and interpret technical safety and environmental studies; - Strong knowledge on risk assessments & experiences (eg. RA, HAZOP, HAZID etc.) - Good knowledge of regulations, codes and standards; - local, ADNOC & international - Ability to act as a lead HSE engineer and knowledge base for integrating safety into design/engineering and operational aspects. - Develop various HSE plans & monitor implementations & maintain statistics. - Monitor & ensure HSEMS is interfaced with Client HSEMS & implemented - Knowledge on international standards including ISM, ISPS, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001. - Conduct HSE audits/reviews - Proficient in the use of MS office applications; - Strong communicative abilities and excellent command of the English language both verbally as in writing.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Excellent package negotiable on the basis of experienceOil and Gas HSE Engineer required for a leading contracting group in Abu Dhabi UAE.
Posted: Fri 12 Dec at 7:52 Expires: Tue 10 Feb at 7:52