HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
LiveHSE Engineer (FEED)
Looking for a HSE ENGINEER to be based in DUBAI - - 10 years of experience minimum - Must come from an EPC background - Onshore project experience mandatory Salary: Negotiable Start date: ASAP For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedLooking for a HSE ENGINEER to be based in DUBAI - - 10 years of experience minimum - Must come from an EPC background - Onshore project experience mandatory Salary: Negotiable S...
Posted: Mon 16 Mar at 5:00 Expires: Mon 13 Apr at 5:00
LiveHSSE Manager - Algeria & Dubai
The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing and implementing management systems and ideally have rolled out a system in a multi-cultural environment. They should have a good appreciation of operational challenges and risks associated to an oil and gas operation and have a strong desire to lead a 0 LTI operation. The candidate will be working with a mandate from the board and will need to be an excellent communicator and influencer to insure this new program is a success. Ideally candidates will hold all the relevant safety qualifications to enable them to carry out the position. A Neebosh Diploma is preferable as are professional memberships within the safety communicator. Further education within health and safety is a nice to have but not essential component to the position.
The successful candidate will initially be based out of Algeria where they will be responsible for rolling out a new HSSE template across the company's operation. The candidate must be an excellent influencer capable of adjusting peoples opinions and demonstrating the benefits of a new way of working to operational teams. The candidate will quickly network with the in-country teams securing trust and improving safety competence and practices within the teams. Once this is complete the candidate will take this best practice and replicate it across the company's other operations acting as a change agent within the business and improving what is already a safe and efficient operation to be a best in class HSSE team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that has an interest in driving a safety culture across a growing business and playing a keep part efficient operations. In return for you professional services you will be rewarded with excellent career development opportunities and development into a corporate strategic role. The salary is competetive within the contractors market and future opportunities to improve both stature and package will be forthcoming.
Type: Staff / Site, Office, InternationalSalary: Competitive Service Sector PackageWalter Hewitt have been sourced to secure the services of a skilled HSSE Manager to join a growing Drilling and Services Contractor in the Middle East Region. This company have grown quickly since there inception to become a leading supplier across the Middle East, North Africa and FSU region. The company now seek a skilled HSSE Manager to role out a new Management System and safety template starting in Algeria before moving to the head office in Dubai and rolling this out internationally.
Posted: Fri 06 Mar at 10:05 Expires: Tue 05 May at 10:05