HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
LiveSenior Integrity Consultant - RBI
My client, a consulting company, is currently looking for a Senior Asset Integrity Consultant (Risk Based Inspection) to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Duties and responsibilities will include: *Carry out multi-discipline verification activities at client sites throughout design, detailed design, construction, commissioning and operation phases. *Asset integrity management /Reliability Centered Maintenance programs and /or In Service / Risk Based Inspection *Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of standards, methods, data and use of appropriate software *Managing and developing clients *Minimum 12 years' experience onshore/offshore in oil & gas industry, design appraisal, inspection and maintenance planning, verification services for project execution and/or operations/maintenance contracts. *Minimum 5 years' experience of preparing and/or implementing RCM and/or RBI Studies *Minimum of 4 years' experience of preparing HSECES/SCE performance standards and verification of PS implementation during project phases (FEED, EPC, Operation etc) *Minimum of 4 years' experience in carrying out multi-discipline technical integrity verification activities throughout project life cycle Required Qualifications: *Qualified to degree level in relevant science or engineering discipline *Experience of working in the Oil and Gas or chemical Industries both on and offshore *Good working knowledge of industry standard software tools for RCM / RBI *Demonstrated ability to manage projects *Competent using CMMS such as SAP, MAXIMO etc. *Familiar with integrity assurance/verification of SCE/HSECES codes, standards and legislation associated with international companies and legislative regimes, including SCE identification and performance standards. *Familiar with commonly used RBI and corrosion management programmes such as E2G, PACER etc. *Familiar with, and adequate understanding for the concepts of process safety, Bow-ties, MAH, COMAH, MoC etc. For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedMy client, a consulting company, is currently looking for a Senior Asset Integrity Consultant (Risk Based Inspection) to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Duties and responsibilities ...
Posted: Tue 24 Feb at 7:00 Expires: Tue 03 Mar at 7:00
Degree Fabrication Offshore/ Onshore
HSE manager -Fabrication background, immediate start, fabrication background experience from offshore/onshore oil & gas facilities or marine offshore production, family status included, degree required, excellent salary
Type: Staff / Site, OffshoreSalary: NegHSE Manager- Fabrication Background.
Posted: Thu 05 Feb at 11:37 Expires: Thu 05 Mar at 11:37