HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
Manage the performance of the regional HSE results and deliver improvements in HSE across the company’s business. Work across the region to ensure all HSE processes, systems and practices are implemented and managed appropriately. Ensure HSE relationships with our company’s clients are managed in the best way. Provide direction and leadership to the regional team to ensure consistent communication and continuous improvement. Drive HSE cultural alignment in the region. Effectively manage HSE budget.
Higher Degree, technical or HSE field preferred. Extensive HSE experience in managerial positions, in international oil & gas or industrial sector companies. Strong leader with proactive approach. Excellent negotiator and team builder. Determined, able to persist through challenges and deliver the required objectives. Fluent written and spoken English and Russian.
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Not statedOur client, one of the top international oil services companies, has a fantastic opening for HSE Director. Critical role for a senior leader with responsibility covering Russia, Europe and CIS countries. This position is based in Moscow. Only applicants with Russian citizenship will be considered. Work permit and visa sponsorship are not available.
Posted: Wed 28 Sep at 13:51 Expires: Wed 26 Oct at 13:51
HSE Qualifications Min 3 years experience in a similar role NEBOSH diploma or NEBOSH certificate will be an asset Very good stakeholder management skills Knowledge of Risk Management
Partner with centre leaders and HSSE focal points to develop annual HSSE plan(s), HSSE meetings and initiatives, (eg Safety Day, Life Saving rules etc) including communications and knowledge sharing. Coordinate with SBO teams to ensure required support (facilities, communications, IT, asset protection, GM) is in place for the successful delivery of HSSE plans Ensure alignment of centre HSSE plans with Real Estate HSSE plans with the support of HSSE focal points Ensure leadership commitment to HSSE. Provide HSE advice, support and challenge centre leadership and ensure they establish the right HSSE culture and behaviours Ensure the HSSE committee structure, tools and processes are in place and operating effectively Supporting effective HSE contractor management. Ensure Permit To Work process is in place for the site and successfully manage high risk activities Support Facilities team on sub-contractors management Conduct site inductions for contractors and sub-contractors Develop and support a staff training calendar Lead all onsite health activities including but not limited to Health Risk Assessment, information campaigns, ergonomic support and occupational health support.
Type: Staff or Contract / Site, Offshore, InternationalSalary: 60,000 to 85,000USDOur Multinational Oil and Gas Company, urgently needs an HSE Specialist to work in thier branch in United Sate. The HSE Specialist is to advice and support to ensure that no harm to Assets and People and to ensure compliance to all local regulatory requirements and Group HSSE Standards and Guidelines.
Posted: Tue 27 Sep at 22:39 Expires: Sat 26 Nov at 22:39
LiveEHS Manager - Swedish Speaker
Our client is a major Energy Services Contractor with maintenance, upgrade and installation projects throughout Europe.
Due to continued growth with their Scandinavian business units, they are now seeking an EHS Manager to be based from Sweden and support projects in Sweden as well as Norway and Denmark.
The position will be on a full time basis, and candidate MUST be fluent in English and Swedish.
Duties will include;
Liaison of a site EHS resources on projects within the region
Setting performance goals and setting up processes to achieve and monitor
Update and development the management systems
Work closely with operational teams, with a focus on lessons learned and corrective actions.
The ideal candidate will hold a professional, recognised Health and Safety qualification, with experience of managing Health and Safety on major engineering projects.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedOur client is a major Energy Services Contractor with maintenance, upgrade and installation projects throughout Europe.Due to continued growth with their Scandinavian business unit...
Posted: Mon 26 Sep at 9:00 Expires: Mon 24 Oct at 9:00
LiveAsbestos Surveyor / Analyst
Proven experience in asbestos surveying. P402/403/404 qualification.
Experienced Asbestos Surveyor / Analyst required for Highlands and Moray area clients. Proven experience in asbestos surveying. P402/403/404 qualification. Experienced Asbestos Surveyor / Analyst required for Highlands and Moray area clients. Proven experience in asbestos surveying. P402/403/404 qualification.
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: NegotiableExperienced Asbestos Surveyor / Analyst required for Highlands and Moray area clients.
Posted: Thu 22 Sep at 11:50 Expires: Thu 20 Oct at 11:50
Proven experience in asbestos surveying. P402/403/404 qualification. Offshore experience advantageous.
Proven experience in asbestos surveying. P402/403/404 qualification. Offshore experience is preferred. Proven experience in asbestos surveying. P402/403/404 qualification. Offshore experience is preferred.
Type: Staff / Office, OffshoreSalary: NegotiableExperienced Asbestos Surveyor required for handling client contracts in Aberdeen and surrounds.
Posted: Thu 22 Sep at 11:48 Expires: Thu 20 Oct at 11:48