HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
LiveHSE Manager - Process Safety - Qatar
Lawrence Harvey are representing an operating company based in Qatar who are looking for a HSE Manager to work as part of the leadership team reporting directly to the COO. The purpose of the role is to implement the HSE vision, strategy, plans, policy, and programs. Main responsibilities: * Make sure the company is certified by international standards such as OSHA and ISO. *HSE Risks have been assessed and risk mitigation measures are in place. *Contribution to corporate target of lower than 0.5 recordable injury frequency achieved. KPI's: *Health and Safety Systems *Quality Management Systems *Business Skills & Understanding *Operations Systems Knowledge *Data Collection and Analysis Requirements: *15 years + *Experience in Process Safety *Degree Qualified *Petrochemical Experience preferred *Good knowledge of occupational safety / programmes / behaviour based safety programmes *Plant experience Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position.
Type: Long Term Contract / International,Office,SiteSalary: Not statedLawrence Harvey are representing an operating company based in Qatar who are looking for a HSE Manager to work as part of the leadership team reporting directly to the COO. The pu...
Posted: Thu 28 May at 16:00 Expires: Thu 25 Jun at 16:00
Consultant: Kyle Job Ref: #68237 Job Title: QHSE Manager Job Type: Permanent Start Date: Negotiable Industry: Oil & Gas Location: Aberdeen Salary: Competitive Job Scope: The implementation and direction of the company QHSE strategies, policies and procedures within the guidelines and code of company corporate policies. Management of QHSE department to provide the company professional and direct backing in all Quality and HSE related issues. Responsible for maintaining the effective implementation of the Integrated Management System. Main Role: * The planning of a comprehensive QHSE action for the company's activities both onshore and offshore. Responsibilities: * To ensure that all functions are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the care and protection of the environment and prevention of pollution. * To ensure that all activities are undertaken to the highest professionalism and quality in accordance with the company Integrated Management System and project sensitive documentation. * To identify and develope personal training needs, and take full advantage of the practice opportunities provided. * Management Representative for implementing, establishing and maintaining the IMS and reporting conduct to senior management including continual improvement. * Maintain personal development and competencies. * Develop and coordinate the company's internal and external audit procedure. * Ensure the company abides all legal and other requirements relating to HSE. Coordinate and communicate with company's certification bodies. * Coordination of Management Reviews as defined in the IMS. * Communicate with client and supplier QA/HSE departments regarding audits and contractual requirements. * Provide QHSE support service to department and project managers including guidance on QHSE legislation and issues. * Assist with QHSE and IMS awareness training of staff. * Liaise with external QHSE advisors and professionals. * Provide management support to the Managing Director as required. * Liaise with Managing Director on formulation of QHSE Policies, objectives and targets. * Take part as a full member of the company's senior management team. * Provide management support and feedback to department staff to ensure employees are kept adequately informed at all times. * Manage the QHSE department staff and activities to meet company goals. * Complete personnel PPDRs for direct reporting lines. * Identify department staff development and training needs. Liaison with Group and sister companies QHSE departments on matters that relate to common systems implementation. Essentials: Nebosh H&S Diploma or Equivalent Experience in Q/HSE Management Role Knowledge of UK HSE Legislation Out of Hours Work Site Visits For more information please contact Kyle in the Glasgow office. For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: CompetitiveConsultant: Kyle Job Ref: #68237 Job Title: QHSE Manager Job Type: Permanent Start Date: Negotiable Industry: Oil & Gas Location: Aberdeen Salary: Competitive Job Sco...
Posted: Thu 28 May at 12:00 Expires: Thu 04 Jun at 12:00
LiveHSE Manager - Nuclear Decommissioning
Essential skills and experience: * Experience in the nuclear sector * Radioactive compliance experience * Communication and Leadership skills * Time Management / Project Management * Computer Literacy (MS Office) * Self-Motivation & Positive can-do Attitude Desired skills and experience: * Degree (Engineering or Science) or significant commensurate experience * Operational radioactive materials experience For more information about this role please contact our London office
Type: Long Term Contract / InternationalSalary: £40000 - £60000 per annumEssential skills and experience: * Experience in the nuclear sector * Radioactive compliance experience * Communication and Leadership skills * Time Management / Project Managemen...
Posted: Wed 27 May at 18:00 Expires: Wed 24 Jun at 18:00
Expro: HSEQ Supervisor
Full Time - Staff Position
- To motivate personnel in order to maintain a safe and effective workforce capable of meeting its objectives, without harm to either personnel or the environment.
- Ensure the effective control of all Health Safety and Environmental aspects relating to Azerbaijan and in accordance with Group policy, procedures and Azeri legal, industrial safety and ecology requirements.
- With assistance from senior management develop and maintain a local Quality Management System with policies and procedures to cover local legislation (industrial safety, ecology) that is not covered under the Group or Area QMS.
- Demonstrate personal leadership in HSEQ. Take immediate and appropriate steps to control or eliminate hazards relating to harm to people, the environment or to equipment arising from the work activity. To recognise and, together with management, take steps to eliminate or control hazards.
- To develop and maintain Occupational Health/Safety/Environmental Management Systems to a minimum standard that meets with the Azeri law.
- Drive Continual Improvement of HSE performance by the planned and strategic implementation of tools and techniques in order to effect change and foster a culture of excellence.
- Ensure planned Health, Safety, Environmental audits are carried out based on current procedures and report findings to senior management.
- Control and record distribution of Base Health, Safety, Environmental Documentation and coordinate external audits where required.
- Conduct regular tours of Client work sites including Offshore Installations, Workshops and Offices and report / follow up on all identified hazardous situations.
- Liaise with Product lines, Operations Teams and Support Functions to ensure that new and modified equipment is safe and remains compliant with current company policy, regulations and legal requirements.
- Effectively coordinate, oversee and conduct HSE accident/Incident investigations in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Monitor the timely implementation of corrective actions and suggest measures to prevent recurrence.
- Effectively maintain HSEQ reporting data through effective use of company management systems such that company HSEQ targets are met or surpassed.
- Maintain and submit HSEQ monthly reports in a timely and precise manner.
- Ensure that the creation and review of Risk, Manual Handling and COSHH assessments are conducted in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Monitor Subcontractors and Vendors and conduct HSEQ audits and assessments as required.
- To ensure that employees, contractors and visitors are aware of relevant HSEQ procedures.
- Deliver Expro HSEQ training as required
- To supervise Base HSE safety systems and procedures ensuring compliance with Expro House Rules. Conduct regular site safety inspections.
- To promote and coordinate the effective use of the Expro Positive Intervention System within Expro and Client Worksites
- To attend Client led safety and quality meetings when required
- To control documentation required by Azeri Industrial safety, ecology, labour departments.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- High technical education (degree)
- Good understanding of HSEQ systems and process.
- HSEQ related qualification such as NEBOSH, IOSH
- Knowledge of Azeri HSEQ legislation and processes
- Fluent English and Azeri (with moderate Russian language also preferred)
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: CompetitiveOverall Purpose of the Job:
The HSEQ Supervisor will support the Azerbaijan Management team to develop and continuously improve Occupational Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental processes whilst ensuring adherence to local HSEQ legislation. The HSEQ Supervisor will closely support local operational activities to promote Health, Safety and Quality in the workplace.
Posted: Fri 22 May at 14:05 Expires: Fri 19 Jun at 14:05
LiveTechnical Safety Case Engineer
Our client is an international upstream Oil & Gas company with the majority of its production carried out in North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia and is committed to conducting its business safely, in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner
They are currently recruiting for the position of Technical Safety Case Engineer, based in Aberdeen
Responsibilities will include:
Author all documents related to the Safety Case
Maintaining the Safety Case for the Complex
Liaise with Technical Safety function to ensure accuracy of data
Work with Technical assistant to ensure incorporation of QRA data
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications
Technical Safety including Management Systems
Technical Safety Masters
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 903645
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: negOur client is an international upstream Oil & Gas company with the majority of its production carried out in North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia and is committed to conducting its business safely, in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner
They are currently recruiting for the position of Technical Safety Case Engineer, based in Aberdeen
Posted: Fri 22 May at 13:00 Expires: Fri 19 Jun at 13:00