HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
LiveSenior Site Safety Specialist LNG Plants
LNG Plant experience is preferred Must have UAE driving license. Bachelor of Science/Engineering or Certified with Specialized Safety Diploma (NEBOSH, etc.) having 15 yrs operational experience in Oil & Gas/Hydrocarbon processing Installation. Minimum 10 years of experience in Site Safety in an Oil & Gas
Excellent communication with good knowledge of written and spoken English. Good interpersonal skill with strong influencing ability. Effective planning & organization ability. Good problem solving & decision making skill. UAE driving license. LNG Plant experience
Type: Long Term Contract / Site, OfficeSalary: Not statedSenior Site Safety Specialist LNG Plants Contract Hire Location Middle East Must have LNG Plant experience if you do not have this you will not be considered Purpose and Scope: Plans, coordinates, directs and supervises the implementation and development of the approved health, safety & environment programme and standard by: Ensuring that operations within the LNG Plant, project work-sites and associated areas are carried out in accordance to the Company’s health, safety & environmental policies, procedures and international standard codes of practice. This covers s...
Posted: Fri 27 Nov at 9:36 Expires: Fri 11 Dec at 9:36
Ideally, our client is looking for an inipidual that has already performed within the capacity of a Safety professional at Client-facing level on a major brownfield Oil/Gas works in the past.The successful candidate must have worked throughout in construction & commissioning of similar plants. Further familiarity with owner's requirements is essential. Additionally he must have independently handled all safety aspects during execution of large EPC projects preferably in Middle East. Must be fully aware of all health, safety & environmental standards & practices generally adopted in large size projects and their implementation thereof during construction & commissioning. He shall have organised safety training & programmes at site for contractors & owners personnel involved in project and plant operations.
The successful applicant will be a BSc Degree holder in relevant subject. At least 18 years' experience in oil/gas production and processing, petrochemicals and other hydrocarbon related projects is critical.
This is a site position and previous experience in live plants is required.
Middle East experience is preferable.
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunities employer
Type: Part Time Work / InternationalSalary: NegotiableIdeally, our client is looking for an inipidual that has already performed within the capacity of a Safety professional at Client-facing level on a major brownfield Oil/Gas works i...
Posted: Thu 26 Nov at 5:00 Expires: Thu 10 Dec at 5:00
LiveHealth, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager
The owners' team for a large CCGT construction project are looking to hire a Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager. The project is the greenfield construction of a 2,000MW CCGT power and desalination plant. Reporting to the Construction Director the HSE Manager will have an oversight of all Health, Safety & Environment related matters. This will involve close liaison with the EPC Contractor and Owners Engineer. Candidates for this position mush have recognised Health & Safety qualifications (IOSH, NEBOSH, Etc...). Previous experience in a HSE Manager role for the construction of a large scale CCGT power plant is required. Prior experience in the Middle East is an advantage. A minimum of 10 years' experience in HSE is essential. This position is available for an immediate start and offering an attractive expat package.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedThe owners' team for a large CCGT construction project are looking to hire a Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager. The project is the greenfield construction of a 2,000MW...
Posted: Wed 25 Nov at 7:00 Expires: Wed 23 Dec at 7:00
Safety Manager My client is a leading building and civil contractor based in Abu Dhabi. They are currently looking to recruit for a Safety Manager with all the relevant NEBOSH qualifications. The role will be working on a large EPC project. Candidates must have: *Heavy Civils experience *Ideally oilfield experience Salary is paying between 20,000 - 25,000 AED
Type: Long Term Contract / Office,SiteSalary: $5500 - $6800 per monthSafety Manager My client is a leading building and civil contractor based in Abu Dhabi. They are currently looking to recruit for a Safety Manager with all the relevant NEBOSH qu...
Posted: Tue 24 Nov at 12:00 Expires: Tue 22 Dec at 12:00
Previous SHEQ experience with the oil and gas or marine industry.
A leading offshore vessel owner is looking for a HSEQ Manager to join their team in the Middle East. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and compliance of all owned vessels. Additionally you would be responsible for maintaining and improving company management systems. You will work closely with the onsite contract manager and will have a small team of SHEQ officers/administrators reporting to you. The right candidate will have sailed on offshore support vessels and have shore based experience in a similar role.
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Circa USD 140,000 plus family benefitsIn this role you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and compliance of all owned vessels. Additionally you would be responsible for maintaining and improving company management systems. You will work closely with the onsite contract manager and will have a small team of SHEQ officers/administrators reporting to you.
Posted: Tue 24 Nov at 11:06 Expires: Sat 23 Jan at 11:06