HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
Overall Management of the Health Safety and Environmental System in compliance with Workplace Safety and Health Act and Environmental Regulations, Promote HSE awareness and conduct training to improve competency to advance HSE Performance. Maintain Quality System for ASME, U2, S and R stamp Certification as well as preparing welding procedures, inspection test plans and quality procedures. Key Areas of Responsibility *Ensures completion of all workshop activities are in compliance with specification, code and standard for both Quality and HSE *Prepares welding procedures, quality procedures and procedure qualification record *Evaluates Non-conformances and proposes resolution plans *Monitors measurable quality objectives as outline in the quality policy *Attends to Quality and Safety Audits, Project Meetings, Safety Meetings *Drive the safety culture for the organization both in the Head Office and out at site locations *Attend Customer safety meetings and attend to customer audits at site where required acting as the company representative for HSEQ *Conduct regular HSEQ training internally *Develop facility HSE plan and Project HSE plans *Assist Operations and Projects in identifying risks and conducting risk assessment, Job Safety Analysis and Method Statements *Compile monthly HSEQ reports for all locations *Carry out Investigations into breaches of HSEQ policies, dangerous occurrences, LTA's Near misses, accidents etc. *Keep and maintain HSE statistics, HSE training records and relevant Acts and Regulations *Liaise with corporate HSEQ function to ensure compliance with group policies and procedures. Ensure all HSEQ activities are aligned with the group *Additional ad hoc duties as directed by Head of Projects and Operations HSE Responsibilities & Accountabilities Co-operate with the delegated persons, Managers, Engineers and Supervisors on Health and Safety matters; Not interfere with anything provided to safeguard their Health and Safety; Take reasonable care of their own & employees Health and Safety. Assuring effectiveness of assigned QHSE Management system. To understand and let the workforce to understand the company's QHSE policies and procedures. To report all the Near misses, Incidents/ Accidents Providing resource management and capability development to the workforce. To protect the public against risks to health and safety arising from work activities Involving himself and workers for the identification of hazards and preparation of Risk or Impact Assessments. Communication all the hazards to the workforce. Providing necessary resources to comply with QHSE requirements. Assuring that the Tool Box talks are conducted on regular basis. Assessing their workforce to meet the requirements of QHSE. Providing awareness to the workforce of the UAE laws and regulations Communication the Emergency Response Procedures and contact no. to meet the emergency situation. Ensuring that there is no environmental damage with the activities. Providing welfare facilities to the workforce. to secure the health, safety and welfare of people at work Perform work safely, effectively, efficiently and to the requirements raised by the customer. Report mismanagement; waste, fraud, or abuse; unsafe conditions; security issues; etc. Stop work if an HSE or Safeguards & Security concern exists. Comply with the legal acquisition methodology to meet program/project needs. Ensuring & delivering QHSE feedback on management system performance. Review and final approval of budget and HSE documents; Adaptation and coordination of documents, processes related to HSE; Approval of QHSE Policies Review HSE performance for appraisal. Mitigate hazards and/or Safeguards & Security threats/risks associated with work conducted by assigned staff. Inpiduals or teams as being designated to see if HSE MS requirements are being carried out at the facility. Approval of human and capital resources at project to ensure that HSE is established implemented and properly maintained. Propose modification of existing procedures or development of new documentation. Recommend changes in roles and responsibilities if necessary. Schedule and coordinate internal & external audits. Knowledge/experience/skills/personal attributes ESSENTIAL * 10 yrs + of relevant working experience in QHSE role for the oil & gas or petrochemical industries. * NEBOSH certified * Managerial Experience gained in a similar working environment and role. * Multi-site operations experience * Certified Training in HSE, ISO QMS, and in Experience in setting up Safety Plans from basics * Recognized Qualifications in QA/QC including all relevant ASME standards with formal education in welding * Degree Qualified * Self-motivation, ability to work under pressure within a team environment, good communication skills, professional attitude and long working hours.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedOverall Management of the Health Safety and Environmental System in compliance with Workplace Safety and Health Act and Environmental Regulations, Promote HSE awareness and conduct...
Posted: Tue 06 Oct at 6:00 Expires: Tue 03 Nov at 6:00
LiveRegional HSQE Manager
Regional HSQE Manager - UAE - Covering the Middle East Region **Must have experience working on Onshore and Offshore Heavy Lift projects within the Marine and Oil & Gas industry** Responsibilities: Develop a HSE culture that drives performance improvement. Coach, mentor and technically train the HSE Teams. The role is focused on onshore and offshore operations. Work with HQ management to bring excellence in HSE competencies, processes and plant as well as performance management including investigation of incidents to understand system causes. Develop interventions to emerging trends before they become accidents. Drive HSE into the line to enable field operating staff to accept their full accountability. Provide value added challenge to field management and staff on risk reduction ensuring that interventions are prioritized by criticality based on a clear understanding of risk. Act as investigation focal point and knowledge base in field and advise field staff on investigation practices for incidents. Support investigation teams on investigations of serious incidents. Support audits and develop and implement system of inspections to ensure compliance with company and JV Practices and procedures. Ensure all inspections and audits are entered into the computerised incident tracking system with tracking of closure of actions reported to General Manager. Required Experience: Degree qualified. 20 years in oil and gas/marine industry, prefer 5 in similar role. Excellent health required, sufficient to meet demanding schedule and high activity levels in remote locations with limited medical facilities
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedRegional HSQE Manager - UAE - Covering the Middle East Region **Must have experience working on Onshore and Offshore Heavy Lift projects within the Marine and Oil & Gas indu...
Posted: Mon 14 Sep at 10:00 Expires: Mon 12 Oct at 10:00