HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
LiveManager of Static Equipment - UAE
Our client, a large worldwide EPC company, is looking for a Manager of static equipment, who would function as a Group Leader representing and leading teams to carry out proposal engineering, conceptual and front end engineering and detailed engineering activities on projects in the Middle East. Whose responsibilities will be among other, to: Supervise and Lead a team of 15-20 engineers and designers in carrying out detailed engineering work for large and medium sized projects Be in charge of conceptual/detailed design of static equipment such as: Vessels, Heat exchangers, columns, other. Provide necessary technical information for procurement in accordance with contract specifications/data sheets, and as per budget/schedule. Be in charge of man-hour estimates, manpower planning and resource allocation Carry out training activities of staff when necessary, and guide multiple leads/engineers in detailed engineering, while identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and providing with feedback when needed. Decision making in regards to technical matters/internal work distribution Review of ITT, identification of scope, technical requirements, and contracts Perform vendor document review and check for completeness, correctness and consistency Work closely with clients and vendor representatives Carry out reports with the use of PETROCEPT software Organize the issuance of all engineering drawing Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests and facilitate audit procedures Main requirements A Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering Minimum 23 years of working experience in an EPC sector within the Oil & Gas industry At least 3 years in a similar role; previous experience in supervising a team of engineers Very good knowledge of FEED and detailed engineering design Ability to place orders and preparing reviews Previous experience in testing will be highly favourable Very good knowledge of API codes Previous experience with Petrocept software will be considered an advantage Expert user of relevant static equipment packages such as TEG package, Desalter, Fired Heater, Flare, Boilers, etc. Fluent English Outstanding managerial and team leading skills For further information, please contact Elena Chapliuk
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedOur client, a large worldwide EPC company, is looking for a Manager of static equipment, who would function as a Group Leader representing and leading teams to carry out proposal e...
Posted: Thu 27 Nov at 15:00 Expires: Thu 25 Dec at 15:00
Bachelor degree / or post graduate degree in engineering and in relevant discipline; An internationally recognized safety qualification, e.g. NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent; A proven track record of registered OHSAS 18001 Auditor/Lead Auditor; Minimum of five years experience in either the Oil, Gas or Petrochemical industries; Knowledge of Inspection techniques in Oil, Gas and Industrial sector; *Knowledge of ionizing radiation hazards an advantage; *Excellent interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills; Highly motivated who believe in delivering results; Excellent communication in English (both written & spoken), Arabic will be added advantage; Computer skills, and experience with MS Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of Health & Safety and Environmental Management System across the Arabian Peninsula with a unique group of oil and gas clients. Arabic speaker preferred.
Type: Staff or Contract / Site, InternationalSalary: NegotiableOur client is one of the world's largest oil and gas services corporations
Posted: Sun 12 Oct at 9:28 Expires: Thu 11 Dec at 9:28