HSE Site Engineer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Coyle Group Intl. Recruitment: Coyle Group || International Recruitment & Safety Services. This client is a major producer of oil and gas from the offshore areas of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This role affords a unique opportunity to join one of the Middle East's most powerful offshore oil and gas Operation.
Salary: Generous package: monthly salary, accommodation, medical, schooling tuition + flights + overtime
Working Locations: Site
Posted: 26/11/2013 14:40:00
Expires: 25/01/2014 14:40:00
Key Requirements. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in an Engineering/Technical discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired).
• Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and/or commissioning.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
• Excellent organizational, presentational and training skills.
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
• Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
Job Description1. Job Purpose & Scope:
Provides on-site HSE support and assistance to the EPC2 Project Team and works closely with EPC2 contractors to help prevent incidents and ensure successful on-site HSE program execution. Responsible for observing and identifying HSE related issues that may affect UZ750 EPC2 Project Team Members and contractors. Helps ensure that the EPC2 Project complies with relevant U.A.E HSE Codes of Practice and other applicable U.A.E. HSE requirements, as well as ZADCO and UZ750 HSES related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for incident investigation and HSE performance reporting. Conducts HSE site inspections and audits of contractor HSE program and construction practices.
2.1 - Budget (Operating / Capital):
2.2 - No. of Subordinates: 0
3. Principal Accountabilities:
• Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
• Ensure that UZ750 Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
• Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the 'Permit to Work' system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved UZ750 HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
• Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications. Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
• Observe / audit contractor site safety inductions and training. Provide input to achieve continuous improvement.
• Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and/or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
• Ensure that any EPC2 incidents are immediately reported to EPC2 management and UZ750 HSES in parallel
• Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences.
• Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
• Prepare and maintain statistical records of EPC2 site HSE performance (e.g., work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc.) and communicate regularly with EPC2 HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based UZ750 HSE Engineers and the UZ750 Safety Analyst.
• Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
4. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
UZ750 HSES Manager, UZ750 HSE Team Leader, Senior HSE Engineer, EPC2 HSE Advisor and HSES Team Members, Island Manager, EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and other members of the UZ750 Integrated Project Management Team.
Contractors, sub-contractors and Third Party Service Providers.
5. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Overall direction and guidance provided by the Senior HSE Engineer. Daily activities determined in conjunction with the EPC2 Project Manager, EPC2 Construction Manager and the Island Manager or Sr. EPC2 site representative. Routine duties to be executed without specific direction.
6. Physical Effort:
Walking and climbing in outdoor locations (onshore and offshore project sites) along with routine site office activities. Travel by boat and helicopter.
7. Work Environment:
Combination of outdoor non-air conditioned locations (offshore artificial islands, vessels, fabrication yards, etc.) and indoor air conditioned environments.
Similar Jobs to HSE Site Engineer
LiveOffshore Safety Officer
Safety Officer Offshore- Contract Length:1 year Renewable. Rotation: 2months/1month Day Rate: $150-$170 NET Location : UAE a) Preferably be certified (NEBOSH, Safety Institute of Australia or equivalent) construction health and safety practitioner. Otherwise, proposed candidates shall demonstrate competency in all 19 units of the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Safety and Health. b) 10 years experience as OSH advisor on construction sites, including 5 years in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry and experience in offshore hook-up and commissioning activities. c) Familiarity with international safety codes like SOLAS / MODU etc., Valid Offshore Survival Training d) Fluent in spoken and written English.
Type: Short Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: Not statedOffshore Safety Officer
Posted: Tue 25 Aug at 14:00 Expires: Tue 22 Sep at 14:00
My Client; a leading International service provider in the Oil and Gas industry is looking for a Construction Director with at least 15 years experience in Direct Hire Construction and 15+ years within the Oil & Gas Industry. My client is offering a competitive package with long term career prospects. * Salary $300,000 - $350,000 * Multiple Locations with Rotation: Abu Dhabi 56/15, Kuwait :65/14, Oman : 70/14 * Long term contract * Family status can be considered * Flights. Food, Accommodation, and Transportation * Education Assistance Responsibilities: *Execute the project in line with the delivery schedule, contract specifications and conditions. *Develop project organization chart and mobilization schedule based on standard models, using standard job descriptions and titles. *Monitor day to day activities through weekly, monthly and quarterly progress meetings of staff, subcontractors, JV partners and client to facilitate achievement of targets. *Ensure adherence to the project and corporate Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) procedures. Please ensure you have the following: *EPC experience. *Worked on Lump Sum Turnkey projects (not on PMC jobs) *Worked on big projects circa a billion $ and above. *Experience working with an international E&C company *Excellent leadership and communications skills *Relevant degree or diploma Criteria: *Experience working in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS/FSU) and or Middle East, North Africa *Prior experience working with a perse International workforce
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: $300000 - $350000 per annum + Full BenefitsMy Client; a leading International service provider in the Oil and Gas industry is looking for a Construction Director with at least 15 years experience in Direct Hire Construction...
Posted: Thu 06 Aug at 12:00 Expires: Thu 03 Sep at 12:00