You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
A global oil and gas company is seeking to appoint a Lead Investigator to sit within its corporate EHS function.
Location: United Kingdom
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 17/05/2011 10:00:00
Expires: 14/06/2011 10:00:00
Job DescriptionA global oil and gas company is seeking to appoint a Lead Investigator to sit within its corporate EHS function. This highly visible role will involve significant travel (up to 50%) globally, visiting operational sites where major incidents have occurred. This will involve thoroughly and knowledgeably investigating serious incidents, gathering all relevant information and delivering expert incident investigation reports. It is expected that candidates will be degree educated in an engineering or technical discipline and be a certified safety practitioner. Although oil and gas experience is desirable, it is possible that candidates from similar high risk industries will be considered. Only candidates with substantial experience within incident investigation with a demonstrable track record of delivery will be considered.
Similar Jobs to Lead Investigator
LiveProject SHE Manager
5-10 years construction experience Degree in Safety Health and Environment NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Working towards or accredited CMIOSH
Working as part of the Project Senior Management Team, support the management team and project staff as follows: • Understand the Company and Client Health & Safety and Environmental Policies, Standards, Procedures and statutory requirements as they affect the contract operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented. • Provide operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, ill health, environmental incidents and the practical implementation of the company’s SHE policies. • Assist the Contract Leader and Divisional Managers in preparing and developing the Site Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan. Support the implementation of this plan to manage key risks and ensure that they are appropriate to the scale and nature of risk associated with the project. • To undertake an assessment on the suitability and appointment of sub-contractors when required. • Undertake the investigation of injuries, environmental incidents, dangerous occurrences, high potential events and other incidents. • Prepare, deliver and revise the Framework SHE and visitor inductions in line with expectations and legislative requirements • Review and assist in the preparation of framework risk assessments and method statements in advance of proposed work activities. • Monitor, prepare and report on the Contract’s performance and Clients if required. Ensure this information is recorded on the Capture reporting system on a monthly basis. • Attend the framework pisional meetings as when required to promote and discuss SHE matters • To inspect on a regular basis and ensure that all Construction operations are undertaken in a safe manner in accordance with the HASEMP,Client site rules and Legislation • Develop a good working relationship with the Framework Management and Supervision and provide appropriate feedback to optimise their performance. • Ensure a programme of SHE monitoring that includes monthly SHE Scored Inspection visits are completed. Participate as requested in “Company” health and safety audits. • Ensure that project team staff with specific SHE responsibilities has received the appropriate training. • Actively promote the company ‘BE SAFE’, ‘BE HEALTHY’ and ‘SAVE IT’ campaigns in addition to the implementation of best practice principles across the business, to include stakeholders such as the supply chain. • Ensure that SHE initiatives, campaigns, briefings, stand-downs are communicated, managed and attended. Also, be prepared to assist in delivery of such presentations to the workforce. • Ensure the SHE Advisors are supported and achieves the objectives of their role. • Attend Client HSE steering committees and meetings as required. • Organise develop and provide support to the Framework Safety Committee meeting • Ensure that all personnel engaged on the framework have the appropriate competency to undertake their role. Advise the pisional managers on any non-conformance • Liaise with the HSE, EA and other enforcing authorities where required. • Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relation to SHE management and responsibilities. • Provide support in other areas as directed by the Contract Leader as and when required.
Type: Staff / SiteSalary: Salary plus company benefitsWorking as part of the Project Senior Management Team, support the management team and project staff
Posted: Thu 20 Nov at 13:54 Expires: Mon 19 Jan at 13:54
LiveFire Co-ordinator - Chester - 18 months
Fire Co-ordinator - Nuclear Project - 18 months - Chester I am currently looking for a Fire Co-ordinator for an 18 month project at Capenhurst Nuclear site Reporting into the HSE Fire Coordinator you will be in control of 4 area buidings under construction until the final handover phase of the project. Ideally you will be IFE Technician or NEBOSH Fire as a minimum and most likely to be prevoiusly employed within the fire service. Please forward your CV across URGENTLY if you wish to be considered for this role.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: £20 - £25 per hourFire Co-ordinator - Nuclear Project - 18 months - Chester I am currently looking for a Fire Co-ordinator for an 18 month project at Capenhurst Nuclear site Reporting into the HSE...
Posted: Wed 19 Nov at 16:00 Expires: Wed 26 Nov at 16:00
LiveOffshore Safety Specialist
OFFSHORE SAFETY SPECIALIST
Position/Ref: Offshore Safety Specialist
Type: Full Time Staff Position
Rate/Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Location: United Kingdom
Start Date: ASAP
My client is responsible for regulation and legislation of some of the UK's major hazard industries including Oil & Gas & Energy, and pharmaceutical/chemical production. Their aim is to provide an increased level of control to existing or emerging risks in essential industries where production operations are necessary but can be considered dangerous.
As Offshore Safety Specialist the hired candidate will be required to act as a focal point for offshore assets and will manage the relationship between, and inspect and audit the offshore operations and activities of oil and gas companies.
They may also be required to perform any number of the following tasks;
* Lead accident investigations in the event of any dangerous occurrences
* Write and prepare reports
* Advise employers and employees on legal requirements
* Managing assessment process for safety cases
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal Offshore Safety Specialist will be degree qualified in a relevant subject such as engineering or science or have an equivalent qualification and experience. Applicants who have received chartership will be considered at an advantage.
They should also have the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and be to write effective technical reports and present complex information in a clear and concise way
Please contact Stephen Bayles on the contact details provided.
Hays Oil & Gas work with many of the world's premier Oil and Gas organisations. They trust us to source the industry's best talent from truly global skills pools. We are a global recruitment specialist and experts in our specified field.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Competitive Salary and benefits packageOFFSHORE SAFETY SPECIALIST UNITED KINGDOM Position/Ref: Offshore Safety Specialist Type: Full Time Staff Position Rate/Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package Location: Un...
Posted: Tue 18 Nov at 18:00 Expires: Tue 16 Dec at 18:00
• Knowledge & 10 years experience within the Oil and Gas HSE Industry would be an advantage
• Relevant qualifications or Chartered Engineer
• Proficient in Microsoft Office/ DNV PHAST and other software packages
• Excellent Communication Skills
• The ability to present and negotiate with Senior Management
• Carry out competent in-house studies in support of operations and projects including but not limited to, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, Total Risk Management Reviews, LOPA, Bow-Tie Analysis, Hazardous Area Classification , Consequence Modelling and ALARP Demonstration
• Commission and review technical safety studies such as QRA, CBA, FERA, SCE Impairment and Explosion assessment from competent contractors in support of operations and projects
• Provide safety engineering support for asset modification proposals (PMP) so that appropriate studies can be completed
• Engage with operations and projects to ensure that all necessary regulatory requirements and approved codes of practice are identified, permits obtained and conditions complied with
• Provide coaching, guidance and advice to operations, engineering and other support teams to ensure compliance with applicable legislation such as COMAH, SCR, PFEER, DSEAR, DCR, PSR and PSSR.
• Liaise with regulatory bodies on matters of QSHE, understanding regulatory drivers and providing guidance to Perenco on matters of regulatory compliance
• Maintain current changes to QSHE legislation, codes, guidelines and industry standards, interpreting these changes and assisting in the development of actions to meet such requirements
• Identify opportunities and efficiencies to improve overall QSHE standards and performance throughout the SNS operation
• Develop capable technical practices to implement the above requirements
• Provide support to others within the team to ensure our requirements under Safety Case Regulations (SCR) and COMAH Regulations are achieved, including maintenance of documentation up to date and providing support and input to the periodic reviews (i.e. SCR Thorough Review Programme and COMAH 5-yearly resubmission)
• Participate in incident and accident investigation root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventive actions in support of this
• Provide HSE leadership to the broader organisation
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Negotiable DOEAn International Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company with operations in 16 countries are looking to hire a Safety Engineer. The client are the largest operator in the Southern North Sea.
This role is based in the office in Great Yarmouth and shall report to the Lead Safety Engineer. The successful candidate will be a key member of the QSSHE Team and will be responsible for the provision of safety engineering support to the Southern North Sea Operations, onshore and offshore.
Posted: Mon 17 Nov at 9:03 Expires: Fri 16 Jan at 9:03
Major oil and gas operating company requires a HSE Advisor for a 6-9 month contract site based in Nigg, Ross-shore starting in 2015. Candidates must have extensive previous site based oil and gas fabrication experience. Day rate is negotiable depending on experience.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 900271.
Orion Group currently supplies over 4,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 40 offices worldwide, Orion Group operates internationally and in October 2013, were named the UK's number one for Oil & Gas recruitment.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: negMajor oil and gas operating company requires a HSE Advisor for a 6-9 month contract site based in Nigg, Ross-shore starting in 2015.
Posted: Thu 13 Nov at 16:00 Expires: Thu 11 Dec at 16:00