You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The main challenges are to manage the laboratories management information system (LIMS), to assure the quality of our analyses and products. Basic Function and Scope: To plan, organize and assign work to Laboratory staff to ensure all analytical work, testing, calibrations etc are carried out as per standard operating procedures and in adherence to QC policies, procedures and standards..
Salary: Salary Negotiable Tax Free and Salary is Negotiable – Direct Hire Employment. Other Benefits: (As per the Company Standards & Policies)
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 16/05/2013 12:47:00
Expires: 15/07/2013 12:47:00
• To plan, supervise and ensure that all the Laboratory activities are carried out in a safe manner as per company/industrial HSE standards.
• To train and guide all laboratory staff on all testing methods and on new testing
• methods/equipments and ensure the team meets the highest standards of proficiency.
• To ensure adherence to sampling procedures and check the integrity of sampling points in the plant.
• To supervise the calibration of highly sophisticated lab equipments, analyzers and Portable Gas detectors and maintain records of the same.
• To oversee the calibration of all major analytical instruments associated with the treatment processes and products to ASTM standards, relating directly to company's revenue receipts.
• To carry out quality check analysis including inter laboratory and PTP Shell as to compare performance with other participants.
• To involve in investigation and technical evaluation process of out sources service providers, suppliers, vendors etc for ordering the equipments or materiel.
• To carry out essential identifying analysis of unknown chemical waste by participating in Risk Assessment activities through HIRA which is required prior to dispatch to the ADNOC HSE Waste Management System.
• To plan and supervise Lab Analyses Schedules and report deviations of results whilst prioritizing the testing of samples based on the plant requirements to ensure samples are analyzed and reported timely.
• To carry out / lead the analysis of non-routine sludge and scale sampled from the vast pipeline system, plant shut downs and interpretation of these results with regard to corrosion products and therefore determining the integrity of this system.
• To maintain an up to date Laboratory Documentation system including Laboratory procedures, manuals, products specification and schedule of Analyses to facilitate timely decision making.
• To plan and supervise the input of data to the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and thereby ensure accuracy and timeliness of all updates.
• To monitor the stock of Laboratory Chemicals, spare parts, glassware, and consumables and report any shortfall to the Section Head, to facilitate timely replenishment,
• To train and develop the assigned staff with emphasis to UAE Nationals in line with the Development plans.
• To manage the development of performance indicators and other statistical reports to monitor the work progress and materials availability in order to timely recommend the necessary actions.
• To provide input for the preparation of division/department Capital, Operating and 5 Year Plan budgets and monitor financial performance to against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon
Reports to the Laboratory Section Head
Internal contacts on a frequent basis at own level and slightly higher level to provide operating instructions and information, on a frequent basis have contacts with Operators etc.
Latitude (Independence of Operation):
Work according to established operational procedures and standards. Must use own initiative in taking process corrective action and in acting accordingly during emergencies. Completed work is subject to spot-check by supervisor,
As per organization chart.
Normally air conditioned office environment.
JOB EVALUATION ALIGNMENT FACTORS
Annual Operating Budget: As per approved budget and plan
Annual Capital Expenditure: As per approved budget and plan
Problem Solving & Job Complexity:
Identifies and eliminates areas of waste and Inefficiency within work-area / department Focuses on accuracy of the task, organizes and prioritizes tasks while monitoring the status of routine tasks.
Similar Jobs to Chemist
Live12 x API inspectors
LLR Global require 12 x API inspectors for an ongoing project in Southern Iraq. Candidates will have minimum 7 years experience in at least 1 API certification (510, 570 or 653).
Candidates will have minimum 7 years experience in at least 1 API certification (510, 570 or 653). The project is a 4 week rotation. All flights, accommodation, food, laundry, security etc covered by the client. if you are interested please forward your profile immediately.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: $NEG12 x API inspectors for an ongoing project in Southern Iraq.
Posted: Mon 06 Jul at 7:15 Expires: Mon 03 Aug at 7:15
LiveSenior Mechanical Design, Heavy Engineering, Hydraulics!
Senior Mechanical design, Specialist vehicle design, Gloucester!!
I am representing a globally recognised client based in the Gloucester area that are renowned for over 50 years experience in the mechanical design and development of specialist heavy duty vehicles.
This large, well known engineering business who are apart of an even bigger group require two mechanical design engineers for there new product development team.
The ideal candidates will have the below experience to qualify for interviews that will take place over the next 2 weeks.
Senior design engineer - £40,000 - £45,000 (5 - 10 years experience)
- Experience in off specialist vehicle design would be an advantage but will accept anyone who has an Automotive background.
- HNC/HND Mechanical engineering qualification.
- Experience in Hydraulics and or Pneumatics.
- Experience of working on assembly for vehicle components (Engine, Transmissions etc)
- 3D CAD design is essential
- Heavy engineering background is important
Package comes with Pension, 25 days holiday, Share save option and on site parking.
Please send up to date CV to Richard Joyce at Huxley engineering for review.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + competitiveSenior Mechanical design, Specialist vehicle design, Gloucester!!I am representing a globally recognised client based in the Gloucester area that are renowned for over 50 years exp...
Posted: Mon 06 Jul at 7:00 Expires: Mon 03 Aug at 7:00
LiveSenior Start Up Production Engineer
Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent from a reputable university. 15+ year of experience from refinery and petrochemical industry sectors. Minimum of 5 years within Nylon-6 plant is required. Excellent English communication skills (verbal and writing), skills for conducting technical studies. Process Engineering and Hazardous Materials Engineering license or equivalent.
Nylon–6 Plant Commissioning and Start Up experience . Good knowledge of basic operation, material & energy balance calculations and design details. Review and check plant design, operations, troubleshooting, control and optimization of chemical & physical advanced material process through systematic methods. Develop standard operation procedure (SOP) for Nylon - 6 process and having process/operation trainer capability. Duties & Responsibilities: Lead the Commissioning and Start up Activates. Preparation of Operation Sequence Schedule and Scenarios. Participate in Developing Training and Start up Readiness Plans. Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems. Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers. Develop innovative solutions. Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards. Prepare samples for study. Collect, record, and transcribe data. Show results in reports. Provide suggestions during incident investigations. Advise on corrective actions. Work with equipment designers and manufacturing officers to develop a cost-effective and working production process. Ensure projects are completed on time. Ensure financial budgets are followed. Review plant design, operation and troubleshooting. Control and optimization of chemical & physical advanced material process through the systematic methods.
Type: Staff or Contract / Site, InternationalSalary: NegotiableOur client is one of the world's largest oil, gas and chemical companies.
Posted: Sun 05 Jul at 18:04 Expires: Thu 03 Sep at 18:04
LiveMechanical Inspection Engineers
Education:Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. 7 to 20 years of experience in a similar position (preferably in the refinery or petrochemical industry) Thorough knowledge of Mechanical engineering practices, especially asset integrity management. Thorough knowledge of process engineering practices in terms of repair and improvements in integrity related issues.
To initiate/ conduct engineering studies for improving refinery and petrochemical facilities or operations, provide specialized technical. Prepare a schedule of work and provide direction for the preparation of asset integrity improvement programs to ensure that work is completed as per deadline and with engineering standards. Lead proposal development for engineering projects, including scope definition, interrelationship, physical solution definition and cost estimate and supervise project execution to ensure that project is implemented as per plan in terms of asset integrity concerns. In some cases recommend new refinery and petrochemical installations or modifications in order to improve existing facilities and standardization or safety. Prepare, review and Improve inspection programs such as OSI, PZV, RBI, Corrosion Control, RCM, Tank Inspection and Turnaround Plannings.
Type: Staff or Contract / Site, InternationalSalary: NegotiableOur client is one of the world's largest engineering, construction and refining groups.
Posted: Sun 05 Jul at 18:03 Expires: Thu 03 Sep at 18:03
University/college degree Min. 3 years professional experience The ability to identify problems and deliver solutions through effective communication and relevant skills is the pivotal attribute. Willingness to learn and have the ability to work effectively under pressure - working to deadlines and be able to prioritize workload Highly self-motivated, have good working attitude with a high level of professionalism and Integrity Having team spirit and adaptable to a dynamic environment Having interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people of all levels and teamwork Familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access. Confident and have with good written and oral communication skills in English
Our client is a leading engineering multinational responsible for one of the largest energy infrastructure projects in Caucasus and Middle East. We are looking for a multitude of engineering, technical, financial and legal experts with energy-related engineering and construction background. Job Description The vacant position of Electrical Engineer shall deal with the whole station equipment from the medium voltage (20kV) to the low voltage 400V / 230V. The main area of activity will be the station/grid connection, MV and LV switchgear, 400V/230V consumers and cabling Establish the design standards and specifications – according international standards - for the Electrical (EL) discipline of the pipeline system. Manage and coordinate the works in the Electrical discipline Supervise the quality of the engineering and construction activities related to EL discipline. Review, comment, cross check and approve project deliverables (design calculations, specifications, drawings, etc.) related to Electrical discipline against project and international standards. Monitor technical performance / competence / progress of contractors within the electrical discipline and report on latest status. Liaison with other Electrical engineers, exchange views and cooperate in electrical related matters Assist the preparation of the technical part of tenders in Electrical design. Perform all additional duties or project works as assigned by the Superior
Type: Staff or Contract / Office, InternationalSalary: NegotiableElectrical Engineer to be based with a major oil and gas corporation.
Posted: Sun 05 Jul at 18:02 Expires: Thu 03 Sep at 18:02