You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The main challenges are to manage the laboratories management information system (LIMS), to assure the quality of our analyses and products. Basic Function and Scope: To plan, organize and assign work to Laboratory staff to ensure all analytical work, testing, calibrations etc are carried out as per standard operating procedures and in adherence to QC policies, procedures and standards..
Salary: Salary Negotiable Tax Free and Salary is Negotiable – Direct Hire Employment. Other Benefits: (As per the Company Standards & Policies)
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 16/05/2013 12:47:00
Expires: 15/07/2013 12:47:00
• To plan, supervise and ensure that all the Laboratory activities are carried out in a safe manner as per company/industrial HSE standards.
• To train and guide all laboratory staff on all testing methods and on new testing
• methods/equipments and ensure the team meets the highest standards of proficiency.
• To ensure adherence to sampling procedures and check the integrity of sampling points in the plant.
• To supervise the calibration of highly sophisticated lab equipments, analyzers and Portable Gas detectors and maintain records of the same.
• To oversee the calibration of all major analytical instruments associated with the treatment processes and products to ASTM standards, relating directly to company's revenue receipts.
• To carry out quality check analysis including inter laboratory and PTP Shell as to compare performance with other participants.
• To involve in investigation and technical evaluation process of out sources service providers, suppliers, vendors etc for ordering the equipments or materiel.
• To carry out essential identifying analysis of unknown chemical waste by participating in Risk Assessment activities through HIRA which is required prior to dispatch to the ADNOC HSE Waste Management System.
• To plan and supervise Lab Analyses Schedules and report deviations of results whilst prioritizing the testing of samples based on the plant requirements to ensure samples are analyzed and reported timely.
• To carry out / lead the analysis of non-routine sludge and scale sampled from the vast pipeline system, plant shut downs and interpretation of these results with regard to corrosion products and therefore determining the integrity of this system.
• To maintain an up to date Laboratory Documentation system including Laboratory procedures, manuals, products specification and schedule of Analyses to facilitate timely decision making.
• To plan and supervise the input of data to the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and thereby ensure accuracy and timeliness of all updates.
• To monitor the stock of Laboratory Chemicals, spare parts, glassware, and consumables and report any shortfall to the Section Head, to facilitate timely replenishment,
• To train and develop the assigned staff with emphasis to UAE Nationals in line with the Development plans.
• To manage the development of performance indicators and other statistical reports to monitor the work progress and materials availability in order to timely recommend the necessary actions.
• To provide input for the preparation of division/department Capital, Operating and 5 Year Plan budgets and monitor financial performance to against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon
Reports to the Laboratory Section Head
Internal contacts on a frequent basis at own level and slightly higher level to provide operating instructions and information, on a frequent basis have contacts with Operators etc.
Latitude (Independence of Operation):
Work according to established operational procedures and standards. Must use own initiative in taking process corrective action and in acting accordingly during emergencies. Completed work is subject to spot-check by supervisor,
As per organization chart.
Normally air conditioned office environment.
JOB EVALUATION ALIGNMENT FACTORS
Annual Operating Budget: As per approved budget and plan
Annual Capital Expenditure: As per approved budget and plan
Problem Solving & Job Complexity:
Identifies and eliminates areas of waste and Inefficiency within work-area / department Focuses on accuracy of the task, organizes and prioritizes tasks while monitoring the status of routine tasks.
Similar Jobs to Chemist
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The post holder is required to provide logistics and laboratory support (chemistry) which is part of Field Team activities.
- Analyse laboratory / field samples, create interim data and Report
- Operate and calibrate field equipment
- Make up chemicals and standards for kit before sending out into the field
- Assist with cylinder flashes
- Coordinate the disposal of chemicals / waste created from the laboratory / field
- Administer the receipt of samples from field jobs through to obtaining interim data
- Assist the Dispatcher on the turnaround of equipment; dispatch and receipt
- Assist with logistical paperwork for kit movement world-wide, including dangerous goods documentation
- Conduct stocktakes for field-related consumables
- Help to maintain our UKAS standard and promote good laboratory practice
- Maintain good housekeeping in working areas and conduct weekly housekeeping audits
- Review kit lists with the Field Team and update costs
- Review feedback forms with the Senior Project Supervisor, agree action plan and administer
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- To be educated at A Level or degree standard, preferably with a chemistry-related qualification.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedOverall Purpose of the Job: The post holder is required to provide logistics and laboratory support (chemistry) which is part of Field Team activities. Principal Accountabilities:...
Posted: Wed 26 Nov at 14:00 Expires: Wed 24 Dec at 14:00
LiveGlobal Business Manager- Product Assurance
Due to continued growth and success, Tracerco are looking for a Business Manager to run the Product Assurance pision. The Business Manager will take full P&L responsibility, devising and implementing an effective strategy, directing business development endeavours in target market sectors, securing new authentication and anti-counterfeiting contracts through to successful programme implementation to meet our customers’ product security goals. The job holder will work closely with the Technology Director and the PA R&D team to ensure new and innovative solutions – with strong and secure IP – are developed in a timely manner to meet customer needs. Accountabilities: • Identify priority sectors and regions for pursuit of our growth ambitions and coach and guide the business development managers to ensure the best prospects are identified, cultivated and, ultimately, converted into a contracted marker programme. • Lead and manage the operational implementation team to ensure a seamless transition from contract award to tagging programme delivery, ensuring customer requirements a met on time and in full • Personally undertake considerable overseas travel to support the development of strong high level customer relationships within target programmes; taking charge of any major issue – technical, operational or political – that threatens our commercial interests • Work closely with the Tracerco Technology Director to ensure strong technical support when we are being asked to demonstrate marker technology for a prospective client and when we are preparing for and executing a tagging programme. • Ensure there is a strong market driven alignment of the PA R&D team with the specific needs of target customers clearly informing all of our new marker technology development projects
Qualifications: The successful candidate will ideally have: • First class degree in a science or engineering discipline, preferably Chemistry • Evidence of success in business development, including interfacing at a senior level with an international client base • Significant people leadership experience
Type: Staff / Office, InternationalSalary: CompetitiveTracerco is a world leading industrial technology company providing unique and specialised detection, diagnostic and measurement solutions. Its goal is to drive technical innovation to bring significant benefits to its customers in the petroleum industry and in the security tagging niches it serves. Headquartered in Billingham, North East England, Tracerco is an award winning business with over 30 operational offices and employs over 300 people across the world. Tracerco has developed a range of specialist tracer technologies that can be applied to enhance information on oil, water and gas flows in reservoirs. The techniques are applied in many development stages from drilling wells, field development and in late field life to monitor the effectiveness of tertiary recovery operations.
Posted: Mon 24 Nov at 15:37 Expires: Fri 23 Jan at 15:37
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated, enthusiastic and creative Lead Physicist / Development Physicist to join Tracerco's product development team, helping to deliver the next and future generations of instruments and services. Reporting to the Technology Manager, you will apply physics and engineering skills, turning ideas and concepts into commercial products. The successful candidate will be involved in identifying and evaluating new technologies. They will design, model and conduct experiments, building prototypes and leading field trials. The jobholder will show drive in developing the physics team and will work with universities, customers and other organisations to develop ideas into products.
The ideal candidate will: • Be an excellent experimentalist • Capable of designing and performing experiments to test ideas. • Capable of finding practical engineering solutions • Be an Innovative thinker • Capable of coming up with new ideas to solve problems. • Capable of modelling experiments and writing software to do this. Knowledge of radiation modelling software advantageous. • Able to interact with development team, Tracerco business, customers and university partners. • Passionate about their work, capable of driving a project forward. • Possess Solid mathematical skills • Have good people and leadership skills • Have drive and enthusiasm Educated to PhD level, the candidate will be a pergent thinker who can demonstrate prior success in the application of physics and engineering skills. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing FTSE 100 Company in which people are truly the greatest asset
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Not statedNigel Wright are delighted to be working alongside Tracerco, a world leader in process diagnostic measurement services and specialist instrumentation, providing leading edge instruments to international customers in the Oil, Gas and Chemicals industries. Headquartered in Billingham in North East England, it employs over 300 people worldwide and is part of the Johnson Matthey Group.
Posted: Thu 20 Nov at 12:52 Expires: Mon 19 Jan at 12:52
LiveOffshore Production Chemist
Undergraduate Degree Previous experience as a Platform Chemist
We have requirements for Offshore Production Chemists to work in the North Sea. For these roles, you will need to have had previous experience as a platform chemist These roles will involve working on busy platforms and so you will need experience of sampling, conducting oil in waters and BS&Ws. You will be expected to be an integral part of operations and will work with Production Operators to ensure that the plant is running well. The required working schedule is included below: - Laboratory daily report issued via E-Mail (Sampling, On-site analysis, Chemicals monitoring etc and including trends) - Calcium Naphthenate sampling and reporting throughout process - Oil-in-water tracked throughout the process not just overboard, more than daily - Bugs monitoring by sampling water through system, weekly - BS&W sampling and analysis (fiscal daily) - Water sampling for onshore analysis (riser monthly) - Conduct new DECC discharge water procedures to auditable standard. Legislation requirement. - Chemical monitoring (tank levels, pump rates, reported daily) In line with other assets more control of chemical dosage and checking chemicals are added in range limits. - Chemical trial support (eg. Extended de-oiler campaign, biociding) - Laboratory manual and Chemicals Manual to be kept updated - Provide support to main Chemical Vendor - Sending gas samples onshore for Analysis - pS sampling and Analysis - Operator support Lab tech duties will include: - OIW analysis - Water injection analysis - Potable water analysis - Boiler water analysis & dosing - Cooling medium analysis - Glycol analysis - Carry out Water microbiology analysis - Carry out gas samples to the beach when required - Control any calibrations inside the lab. i.e Buck, IR thermometer etc - Control all samples that are to be returned to the beach - Ordering lab equipment - Control laboratory stock Salary is flexible, dependent on experience.
Type: Staff or Contract / OffshoreSalary: Not statedWorking on busy platforms, you will need experience of sampling, conducting oil in waters and BS&Ws. You will be expected to be an integral part of operations and will work with Production Operators to ensure that the plant is running well.
Posted: Wed 19 Nov at 14:00 Expires: Wed 03 Dec at 14:00
LiveLead Process Control Technologist
Lead Process Control Technologist Leap29 are inviting interest for appropriately qualified Process Engineers with extensive LNG process experience. Our client is owns a LNG process plant which is currently producing over 10 million metric tons per annum. They are seeking a candidate that will be able to provide expert process control services with the name of maximizing the Plant's out, through capacity-improvements on an economic justifiable basis. Additional duties include: *Monitoring and testing and process optimizations. *Review the process control content of plant modifications *Lead and execute development studies *Provide process control familiarization and training for other OLNG staff. *Carry out Process Safety Assessment (PSA), HAZOPs, Bow-ties and LOPA analysis. *Applying a design strategy *Work with operation teams to solve/troubleshoot problems *Investigate incidents and minimize shutdown/start-up durations *Monitor process trends and plant performance *Recommend technological changes related to reliability, efficiency and safety improvements Our client is looking for a candidate that can Adhere to their culture which focuses on process safety, integrity and reliability and some one that has the following skils *University Graduate, in Chemical, Process engineering or Physics *Preference for skill with Yokogawa Centum DCS *10+ years hydrocarbon industry experience *5 years LNG process knowledge and experience is essential *Teambuilding and influencing skills. In return you will receive an extremely competitive TAX free salary, housing, schooling, flights, insurance a, medical and much more For more information apply today !
Type: Long Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: $20000 - $21000 per month + BenefitsLead Process Control Technologist Leap29 are inviting interest for appropriately qualified Process Engineers with extensive LNG process experience. Our client is owns a LNG pro...
Posted: Thu 13 Nov at 15:00 Expires: Thu 11 Dec at 15:00