You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The main challenges are to manage the laboratories management information system (LIMS), to assure the quality of our analyses and products. Basic Function and Scope: To plan, organize and assign work to Laboratory staff to ensure all analytical work, testing, calibrations etc are carried out as per standard operating procedures and in adherence to QC policies, procedures and standards..
Salary: Salary Negotiable Tax Free and Salary is Negotiable – Direct Hire Employment. Other Benefits: (As per the Company Standards & Policies)
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 16/05/2013 12:47:00
Expires: 15/07/2013 12:47:00
Key Requirements• To plan, supervise and ensure that all the Laboratory activities are carried out in a safe manner as per company/industrial HSE standards.
• To train and guide all laboratory staff on all testing methods and on new testing
• methods/equipments and ensure the team meets the highest standards of proficiency.
• To ensure adherence to sampling procedures and check the integrity of sampling points in the plant.
• To supervise the calibration of highly sophisticated lab equipments, analyzers and Portable Gas detectors and maintain records of the same.
• To oversee the calibration of all major analytical instruments associated with the treatment processes and products to ASTM standards, relating directly to company's revenue receipts.
• To carry out quality check analysis including inter laboratory and PTP Shell as to compare performance with other participants.
• To involve in investigation and technical evaluation process of out sources service providers, suppliers, vendors etc for ordering the equipments or materiel.
• To carry out essential identifying analysis of unknown chemical waste by participating in Risk Assessment activities through HIRA which is required prior to dispatch to the ADNOC HSE Waste Management System.
• To plan and supervise Lab Analyses Schedules and report deviations of results whilst prioritizing the testing of samples based on the plant requirements to ensure samples are analyzed and reported timely.
Job Description• To carry out / lead the analysis of non-routine sludge and scale sampled from the vast pipeline system, plant shut downs and interpretation of these results with regard to corrosion products and therefore determining the integrity of this system.
• To maintain an up to date Laboratory Documentation system including Laboratory procedures, manuals, products specification and schedule of Analyses to facilitate timely decision making.
• To plan and supervise the input of data to the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and thereby ensure accuracy and timeliness of all updates.
• To monitor the stock of Laboratory Chemicals, spare parts, glassware, and consumables and report any shortfall to the Section Head, to facilitate timely replenishment,
• To train and develop the assigned staff with emphasis to UAE Nationals in line with the Development plans.
• To manage the development of performance indicators and other statistical reports to monitor the work progress and materials availability in order to timely recommend the necessary actions.
• To provide input for the preparation of division/department Capital, Operating and 5 Year Plan budgets and monitor financial performance to against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon
Reports to the Laboratory Section Head
Internal contacts on a frequent basis at own level and slightly higher level to provide operating instructions and information, on a frequent basis have contacts with Operators etc.
Latitude (Independence of Operation):
Work according to established operational procedures and standards. Must use own initiative in taking process corrective action and in acting accordingly during emergencies. Completed work is subject to spot-check by supervisor,
As per organization chart.
Normally air conditioned office environment.
JOB EVALUATION ALIGNMENT FACTORS
Annual Operating Budget: As per approved budget and plan
Annual Capital Expenditure: As per approved budget and plan
Problem Solving & Job Complexity:
Identifies and eliminates areas of waste and Inefficiency within work-area / department Focuses on accuracy of the task, organizes and prioritizes tasks while monitoring the status of routine tasks.
Similar Jobs to Chemist
Lab Tech, Chemistry, experience within the Oil industry.
Are you looking for a stable perm or temp-perm role as a lab tech in an established scientific services company, where you can enhance your Scientific skills, knowledge and experience with a leading consultancy working on long term projects? The group have recently secured a profitable long term client contract and need to expand their Lab tech/ laboratory technician team with a self motivated inpidual with a technical scientific background with at least 6 months Oil Chemistry experience. Please forward your CV if interested.
Type: Staff or Contract / Site, OfficeSalary: £18-25k + bensLab tech role based in Aberdeen with established Scientific services group. Full time role.
Posted: Thu 14 Jul at 13:53 Expires: Mon 12 Sep at 13:53
LAB Analyst - 12 months - Based Dounreay, Scotland - £10.45 per hour PAYE, overtime rates apply
The Job Holder will:
- Undertake and deliver sample preparation, routine analysis and reporting to the lab leader, including testing and internal calibrations, ensuring that CSS reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain a daily log and report progress and/or problems to Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist
- Assist the Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist in ensuring operational delays are minimised by identifying constraints leading to unplanned downtime
- Report possible non-compliances to the Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist
- Undertake safety checks, report and take appropriate action
- Maintain Analytical Proficiencies in one laboratory area
The Job Holder may:
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
- Maintain Analytical Proficiencies in additional laboratory areas
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Experience: 2 years in Lab areas
- Minimum standard grade in maths and science
- Driving licence is preferable
- Previous lab experience is preferable
- Experience in the use of MS Excel and Word
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: £10.45 - £11 per day + PAYELAB Analyst - 12 months - Based Dounreay, Scotland - £10.45 per hour PAYE, overtime rates apply The Job Holder will: - Undertake and deliver sample preparation, routine analys...
Posted: Tue 12 Jul at 15:00 Expires: Tue 26 Jul at 15:00
1 Advisory support on production chemistry matters to assist with field development and production/operational management plans. Support to producing assets relating to production chemical issues, scaling, emulsions, hydrates, as, waxing and any other process-related production chemical issues. 2 Management of study work relating to Production Chemistry and Flow Assurance for appropriate UKBU operated assets. 3 Provide cover for Lead Production Chemist as required. 4 Offshore operational and commissioning support work and visits as required. 5 Support and technical input to processes and procedures for all aspects of Production Chemistry across the assets. 6 Management and support for all areas of Environmental regulatory compliance concerning the use and discharge of chemicals and offshore discharge and emissions.
Ensuring clear/efficient communication within UKBU across Assets. Potential for significant multiple flow assurance issues. Managing conflicting priorities in a high workload environment over projects on numerous UKBU operated assets. This position has to be technically self-sufficient, have good contacts within the company and external contacts with industry.
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedProvision of Production Chemistry and Flow Assurance technical support to UKBU operated assets as required including Balmoral, Solan, Huntington and the SNS area. Functionally this role will take guidance from the PMO Lead Production Chemist and may be called on to provide support to other UKBU asset projects, depending on workload.
Posted: Thu 07 Jul at 11:00 Expires: Thu 04 Aug at 11:00
LiveRefinery Laboratory Technician
Refinery Laboratory Technician
Refinery Laboratory Technician Alberta, Canada. Refinery Lab Technician is being sought by a prestigious client for a wonderful job opportunity. Requirements include; - Chemical, Biochemical, and Bacteriological tests and conclusions for water/wastewater treatment plant - Assesses Effectiveness of Wastewater Treatment - Chemical Research - Manages Lab Sample Testing - Assesses Viability of Pretreatement Program - Introduces a Comprehensive Quality Assurance Program - Staff Management - Equipment Replacement and Supplies Qualifications; - Degree Level Education - Over 8 years Chemical Analysis - Managerial Experience - Water/Wastewater Experience
Type: Staff / SiteSalary: Not statedRefinery Laboratory Technician
Posted: Wed 29 Jun at 16:25 Expires: Sun 28 Aug at 16:25