You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The main challenges are to manage the laboratories management information system (LIMS), to assure the quality of our analyses and products. Basic Function and Scope: To plan, organize and assign work to Laboratory staff to ensure all analytical work, testing, calibrations etc are carried out as per standard operating procedures and in adherence to QC policies, procedures and standards..
Salary: Salary Negotiable Tax Free and Salary is Negotiable – Direct Hire Employment. Other Benefits: (As per the Company Standards & Policies)
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 16/05/2013 12:47:00
Expires: 15/07/2013 12:47:00
• To plan, supervise and ensure that all the Laboratory activities are carried out in a safe manner as per company/industrial HSE standards.
• To train and guide all laboratory staff on all testing methods and on new testing
• methods/equipments and ensure the team meets the highest standards of proficiency.
• To ensure adherence to sampling procedures and check the integrity of sampling points in the plant.
• To supervise the calibration of highly sophisticated lab equipments, analyzers and Portable Gas detectors and maintain records of the same.
• To oversee the calibration of all major analytical instruments associated with the treatment processes and products to ASTM standards, relating directly to company's revenue receipts.
• To carry out quality check analysis including inter laboratory and PTP Shell as to compare performance with other participants.
• To involve in investigation and technical evaluation process of out sources service providers, suppliers, vendors etc for ordering the equipments or materiel.
• To carry out essential identifying analysis of unknown chemical waste by participating in Risk Assessment activities through HIRA which is required prior to dispatch to the ADNOC HSE Waste Management System.
• To plan and supervise Lab Analyses Schedules and report deviations of results whilst prioritizing the testing of samples based on the plant requirements to ensure samples are analyzed and reported timely.
• To carry out / lead the analysis of non-routine sludge and scale sampled from the vast pipeline system, plant shut downs and interpretation of these results with regard to corrosion products and therefore determining the integrity of this system.
• To maintain an up to date Laboratory Documentation system including Laboratory procedures, manuals, products specification and schedule of Analyses to facilitate timely decision making.
• To plan and supervise the input of data to the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and thereby ensure accuracy and timeliness of all updates.
• To monitor the stock of Laboratory Chemicals, spare parts, glassware, and consumables and report any shortfall to the Section Head, to facilitate timely replenishment,
• To train and develop the assigned staff with emphasis to UAE Nationals in line with the Development plans.
• To manage the development of performance indicators and other statistical reports to monitor the work progress and materials availability in order to timely recommend the necessary actions.
• To provide input for the preparation of division/department Capital, Operating and 5 Year Plan budgets and monitor financial performance to against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon
Reports to the Laboratory Section Head
Internal contacts on a frequent basis at own level and slightly higher level to provide operating instructions and information, on a frequent basis have contacts with Operators etc.
Latitude (Independence of Operation):
Work according to established operational procedures and standards. Must use own initiative in taking process corrective action and in acting accordingly during emergencies. Completed work is subject to spot-check by supervisor,
As per organization chart.
Normally air conditioned office environment.
JOB EVALUATION ALIGNMENT FACTORS
Annual Operating Budget: As per approved budget and plan
Annual Capital Expenditure: As per approved budget and plan
Problem Solving & Job Complexity:
Identifies and eliminates areas of waste and Inefficiency within work-area / department Focuses on accuracy of the task, organizes and prioritizes tasks while monitoring the status of routine tasks.
Similar Jobs to Chemist
LiveGlobal Business Manager- Product Assurance
Due to continued growth and success, Tracerco are looking for a Business Manager to run the Product Assurance pision. The Business Manager will take full P&L responsibility, devising and implementing an effective strategy, directing business development endeavours in target market sectors, securing new authentication and anti-counterfeiting contracts through to successful programme implementation to meet our customers’ product security goals. The job holder will work closely with the Technology Director and the PA R&D team to ensure new and innovative solutions – with strong and secure IP – are developed in a timely manner to meet customer needs. Accountabilities: • Identify priority sectors and regions for pursuit of our growth ambitions and coach and guide the business development managers to ensure the best prospects are identified, cultivated and, ultimately, converted into a contracted marker programme. • Lead and manage the operational implementation team to ensure a seamless transition from contract award to tagging programme delivery, ensuring customer requirements a met on time and in full • Personally undertake considerable overseas travel to support the development of strong high level customer relationships within target programmes; taking charge of any major issue – technical, operational or political – that threatens our commercial interests • Work closely with the Tracerco Technology Director to ensure strong technical support when we are being asked to demonstrate marker technology for a prospective client and when we are preparing for and executing a tagging programme. • Ensure there is a strong market driven alignment of the PA R&D team with the specific needs of target customers clearly informing all of our new marker technology development projects
Qualifications: The successful candidate will ideally have: • First class degree in a science or engineering discipline, preferably Chemistry • Evidence of success in business development, including interfacing at a senior level with an international client base • Significant people leadership experience
Type: Staff / Office, InternationalSalary: CompetitiveTracerco is a world leading industrial technology company providing unique and specialised detection, diagnostic and measurement solutions. Its goal is to drive technical innovation to bring significant benefits to its customers in the petroleum industry and in the security tagging niches it serves. Headquartered in Billingham, North East England, Tracerco is an award winning business with over 30 operational offices and employs over 300 people across the world. Tracerco has developed a range of specialist tracer technologies that can be applied to enhance information on oil, water and gas flows in reservoirs. The techniques are applied in many development stages from drilling wells, field development and in late field life to monitor the effectiveness of tertiary recovery operations.
Posted: Mon 24 Nov at 15:37 Expires: Fri 23 Jan at 15:37
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated, enthusiastic and creative Lead Physicist / Development Physicist to join Tracerco's product development team, helping to deliver the next and future generations of instruments and services. Reporting to the Technology Manager, you will apply physics and engineering skills, turning ideas and concepts into commercial products. The successful candidate will be involved in identifying and evaluating new technologies. They will design, model and conduct experiments, building prototypes and leading field trials. The jobholder will show drive in developing the physics team and will work with universities, customers and other organisations to develop ideas into products.
The ideal candidate will: • Be an excellent experimentalist • Capable of designing and performing experiments to test ideas. • Capable of finding practical engineering solutions • Be an Innovative thinker • Capable of coming up with new ideas to solve problems. • Capable of modelling experiments and writing software to do this. Knowledge of radiation modelling software advantageous. • Able to interact with development team, Tracerco business, customers and university partners. • Passionate about their work, capable of driving a project forward. • Possess Solid mathematical skills • Have good people and leadership skills • Have drive and enthusiasm Educated to PhD level, the candidate will be a pergent thinker who can demonstrate prior success in the application of physics and engineering skills. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing FTSE 100 Company in which people are truly the greatest asset
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Not statedNigel Wright are delighted to be working alongside Tracerco, a world leader in process diagnostic measurement services and specialist instrumentation, providing leading edge instruments to international customers in the Oil, Gas and Chemicals industries. Headquartered in Billingham in North East England, it employs over 300 people worldwide and is part of the Johnson Matthey Group.
Posted: Thu 20 Nov at 12:52 Expires: Mon 19 Jan at 12:52