You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The main challenges are to manage the laboratories management information system (LIMS), to assure the quality of our analyses and products. Basic Function and Scope: To plan, organize and assign work to Laboratory staff to ensure all analytical work, testing, calibrations etc are carried out as per standard operating procedures and in adherence to QC policies, procedures and standards..
Salary: Salary Negotiable Tax Free and Salary is Negotiable – Direct Hire Employment. Other Benefits: (As per the Company Standards & Policies)
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 16/05/2013 12:47:00
Expires: 15/07/2013 12:47:00
• To plan, supervise and ensure that all the Laboratory activities are carried out in a safe manner as per company/industrial HSE standards.
• To train and guide all laboratory staff on all testing methods and on new testing
• methods/equipments and ensure the team meets the highest standards of proficiency.
• To ensure adherence to sampling procedures and check the integrity of sampling points in the plant.
• To supervise the calibration of highly sophisticated lab equipments, analyzers and Portable Gas detectors and maintain records of the same.
• To oversee the calibration of all major analytical instruments associated with the treatment processes and products to ASTM standards, relating directly to company's revenue receipts.
• To carry out quality check analysis including inter laboratory and PTP Shell as to compare performance with other participants.
• To involve in investigation and technical evaluation process of out sources service providers, suppliers, vendors etc for ordering the equipments or materiel.
• To carry out essential identifying analysis of unknown chemical waste by participating in Risk Assessment activities through HIRA which is required prior to dispatch to the ADNOC HSE Waste Management System.
• To plan and supervise Lab Analyses Schedules and report deviations of results whilst prioritizing the testing of samples based on the plant requirements to ensure samples are analyzed and reported timely.
• To carry out / lead the analysis of non-routine sludge and scale sampled from the vast pipeline system, plant shut downs and interpretation of these results with regard to corrosion products and therefore determining the integrity of this system.
• To maintain an up to date Laboratory Documentation system including Laboratory procedures, manuals, products specification and schedule of Analyses to facilitate timely decision making.
• To plan and supervise the input of data to the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and thereby ensure accuracy and timeliness of all updates.
• To monitor the stock of Laboratory Chemicals, spare parts, glassware, and consumables and report any shortfall to the Section Head, to facilitate timely replenishment,
• To train and develop the assigned staff with emphasis to UAE Nationals in line with the Development plans.
• To manage the development of performance indicators and other statistical reports to monitor the work progress and materials availability in order to timely recommend the necessary actions.
• To provide input for the preparation of division/department Capital, Operating and 5 Year Plan budgets and monitor financial performance to against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon
Reports to the Laboratory Section Head
Internal contacts on a frequent basis at own level and slightly higher level to provide operating instructions and information, on a frequent basis have contacts with Operators etc.
Latitude (Independence of Operation):
Work according to established operational procedures and standards. Must use own initiative in taking process corrective action and in acting accordingly during emergencies. Completed work is subject to spot-check by supervisor,
As per organization chart.
Normally air conditioned office environment.
JOB EVALUATION ALIGNMENT FACTORS
Annual Operating Budget: As per approved budget and plan
Annual Capital Expenditure: As per approved budget and plan
Problem Solving & Job Complexity:
Identifies and eliminates areas of waste and Inefficiency within work-area / department Focuses on accuracy of the task, organizes and prioritizes tasks while monitoring the status of routine tasks.
Similar Jobs to Chemist
Project Engineer Location: Antwerp, Belgium Duration: Long term Start: Asap My client is one of the world's leading innovative biopharmaceutical companies. They try and apply science and global resources to improve health and well-being. They strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacture of medicines. Job For a pharmaceutical partner, located in Antwerp, we are currently looking for Project Engineer Chemical Lab. He / she will perform as well as different methods of validating analytical transfers. Responsibilities o Implement equipment qualification (lab equipment) o Perform analytical transfers o Execute method validation o Analytical Support o Preparation of test methods Desired profile o Master or PhD in scientific field: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bio-Engineering, Pharmacy, ... o Knowledge of chromatography: HPLC, GC, ... o Knowledge of Pharmacopoeia (USP / JP / EP) o Experience with analytical method transfers and validations is a must o Knowledge of GMP / GLP o Knowledge of one or more of the following techniques is an advantage: HPLC, UPLC, GC, Slot Blot - Western Blot, CE, IEF, other 'general' chemical analyzes o Relevant knowledge of other analytical techniques o Knowledge of ICH guidelines around method validations o Experience with qualification of laboratory apparatus o Good knowledge of Dutch and English This is an exciting opportunity to work on a contract basis for one of the world's leading life science companies. If you think living and working in Belgium is a lifestyle you would enjoy and believe it would progress your career then please get in contact following the relevant links provided.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedProject Engineer Location: Antwerp, Belgium Duration: Long term Start: Asap My client is one of the world's leading innovative biopharmaceutical companies. They try and apply sc...
Posted: Wed 27 Aug at 8:00 Expires: Wed 24 Sep at 8:00
LiveLead Process Control Technologist
Lead Process Control Technologist Leap29 are inviting interest for appropriately qualified Process Engineers with extensive LNG process experience. Our client is owns a LNG process plant which is currently producing over 10 million metric tons per annum. They are seeking a candidate that will be able to provide expert process control services with the name of maximizing the Plant's out, through capacity-improvements on an economic justifiable basis. Additional duties include: *Monitoring and testing and process optimizations. *Review the process control content of plant modifications *Lead and execute development studies *Provide process control familiarization and training for other OLNG staff. *Carry out Process Safety Assessment (PSA), HAZOPs, Bow-ties and LOPA analysis. *Applying a design strategy *Work with operation teams to solve/troubleshoot problems *Investigate incidents and minimize shutdown/start-up durations *Monitor process trends and plant performance *Recommend technological changes related to reliability, efficiency and safety improvements Our client is looking for a candidate that can Adhere to their culture which focuses on process safety, integrity and reliability and some one that has the following skils *University Graduate, in Chemical, Process engineering or Physics *Preference for skill with Yokogawa Centum DCS *10+ years hydrocarbon industry experience *5 years LNG process knowledge and experience is essential *Teambuilding and influencing skills. In return you will receive an extremely competitive TAX free salary, housing, schooling, flights, insurance a, medical and much more For more information apply today !
Type: Long Term Contract / OffshoreSalary: $20000 - $21000 per month + BenefitsLead Process Control Technologist Leap29 are inviting interest for appropriately qualified Process Engineers with extensive LNG process experience. Our client is owns a LNG pro...
Posted: Fri 15 Aug at 11:00 Expires: Fri 12 Sep at 11:00
Good General Secondary EducationScience preferably one of the qualificationsCurrent Driving License
Responsible for sample receipt and booking in of samples via companies Lab Automation System
Information to be captured includes client information, report contacts, PO information and analysis required.
Generation of test worksheets, labelling of samples and arranging transfer to appropriate laboratory for all samples booked in.
Maintaining weekly record sheets detailing samples booked in and tracking their onward destination
Avoid unsafe acts and follow company Health Safety & Environmental Procedures.
Become familiar with Health Safety & Environmental information issued by the company.
Report all accidents and incidents no matter how trivial.
Report near misses using Near Miss forms.
Ensure, where required, that suitable and sufficient documented risk assessments are available for the work being carried out, if not then assist to the assessing of work related hazards and risks.
Ensuring that the correct Personal Protective Equipment is worn where required.
Liaise with admin to enable new customer accounts to be created as required
Liaise with customers, section heads and account managers as required to obtain any information necessary to register samples
Sampling of QC samples as required.
Type: Staff / SiteSalary: Not statedThis role is working in a Lab environment booking in samples of water and oil recieved from Clients.Candidates should be resident in the Abereen Area and suitable to work in the U.K. no sponsorship is provided from the position.
Posted: Fri 01 Aug at 0:00 Expires: Tue 30 Sep at 0:00