You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The main challenges are to manage the laboratories management information system (LIMS), to assure the quality of our analyses and products. Basic Function and Scope: To plan, organize and assign work to Laboratory staff to ensure all analytical work, testing, calibrations etc are carried out as per standard operating procedures and in adherence to QC policies, procedures and standards..
Salary: Salary Negotiable Tax Free and Salary is Negotiable – Direct Hire Employment. Other Benefits: (As per the Company Standards & Policies)
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 16/05/2013 12:47:00
Expires: 15/07/2013 12:47:00
• To plan, supervise and ensure that all the Laboratory activities are carried out in a safe manner as per company/industrial HSE standards.
• To train and guide all laboratory staff on all testing methods and on new testing
• methods/equipments and ensure the team meets the highest standards of proficiency.
• To ensure adherence to sampling procedures and check the integrity of sampling points in the plant.
• To supervise the calibration of highly sophisticated lab equipments, analyzers and Portable Gas detectors and maintain records of the same.
• To oversee the calibration of all major analytical instruments associated with the treatment processes and products to ASTM standards, relating directly to company's revenue receipts.
• To carry out quality check analysis including inter laboratory and PTP Shell as to compare performance with other participants.
• To involve in investigation and technical evaluation process of out sources service providers, suppliers, vendors etc for ordering the equipments or materiel.
• To carry out essential identifying analysis of unknown chemical waste by participating in Risk Assessment activities through HIRA which is required prior to dispatch to the ADNOC HSE Waste Management System.
• To plan and supervise Lab Analyses Schedules and report deviations of results whilst prioritizing the testing of samples based on the plant requirements to ensure samples are analyzed and reported timely.
• To carry out / lead the analysis of non-routine sludge and scale sampled from the vast pipeline system, plant shut downs and interpretation of these results with regard to corrosion products and therefore determining the integrity of this system.
• To maintain an up to date Laboratory Documentation system including Laboratory procedures, manuals, products specification and schedule of Analyses to facilitate timely decision making.
• To plan and supervise the input of data to the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and thereby ensure accuracy and timeliness of all updates.
• To monitor the stock of Laboratory Chemicals, spare parts, glassware, and consumables and report any shortfall to the Section Head, to facilitate timely replenishment,
• To train and develop the assigned staff with emphasis to UAE Nationals in line with the Development plans.
• To manage the development of performance indicators and other statistical reports to monitor the work progress and materials availability in order to timely recommend the necessary actions.
• To provide input for the preparation of division/department Capital, Operating and 5 Year Plan budgets and monitor financial performance to against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon
Reports to the Laboratory Section Head
Internal contacts on a frequent basis at own level and slightly higher level to provide operating instructions and information, on a frequent basis have contacts with Operators etc.
Latitude (Independence of Operation):
Work according to established operational procedures and standards. Must use own initiative in taking process corrective action and in acting accordingly during emergencies. Completed work is subject to spot-check by supervisor,
As per organization chart.
Normally air conditioned office environment.
JOB EVALUATION ALIGNMENT FACTORS
Annual Operating Budget: As per approved budget and plan
Annual Capital Expenditure: As per approved budget and plan
Problem Solving & Job Complexity:
Identifies and eliminates areas of waste and Inefficiency within work-area / department Focuses on accuracy of the task, organizes and prioritizes tasks while monitoring the status of routine tasks.
Similar Jobs to Chemist
LiveLaboratory Manager - Minerals
My client, a global company, is looking for an experienced lab manager to head a minerals testing lab in the South West UK, which will involve operational and people management. This is a permanent position, offering a comprehensive salary package, with the potential to progress within the business. The main responsibilities will include: * Leading the operational lab services, including Business Development opportunities; * Line management of a team of around 10 staff; * Liaising, and meeting, with customers on a regular basis; * Day-to-day responsibility for laboratory revenues and profits; * Writing and reviewing methods, SOPs, training plans & risk assessments; * Identifying NCs and then instituting CAPAs to deal with these; * Training and helping to develop the careers of direct reports; * Communicating with Sales and Business Managers across the organization; * Troubleshooting equipment. Candidates must have: * Strong line management experience of scientific staff, ideally gained within an analytical lab doing minerals testing; * Excellent communication skills, developed through direct communication with clients; * Significant experience within the minerals testing industry, or a closely related field such as geochemistry or petrochemicals; and * A degree or equivalent qualification within Chemistry, Geology, or a related subject. lab, manager, minerals, analytical, chemistry, inorganic, mining, XRF, ICP, testing, geochemistry, petrochemical, customer, troubleshooting, equipment, budget
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: £37000 - £45000 per annum + benefits packageMy client, a global company, is looking for an experienced lab manager to head a minerals testing lab in the South West UK, which will involve operational and people management.
Posted: Tue 24 Nov at 10:00 Expires: Tue 22 Dec at 10:00
LiveData Scientist- SAS
* Optimize algorithms using SAS for unsupervised and supervised learning based on structured and unstructured data * Develop powerful business insights from social, marketing and industrial data using advanced machine learning techniques * Handle massive amounts of unstructured and structured data such SAS based big data technologies to develop algorithms that can handle massive *Develop with system integration and data warehouse engineers on data extraction and data cleaning Work in a highly interactive, team-oriented environment Required at least a Master's Degree in a Quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics) Extra specialization in machine-learning or data-mining preferred Experience: Minimum 7 years of work experience that includes hands-on exposure to advanced analytics (optimization, data mining, forecasting, reporting, etc.) Strong proficiency in SAS programming required (Base/Advanced SAS certified) Strong proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: R, Python or Matlab Strong understanding of the following programs: SQL Programming SAS Enterprise Miner SAS Enterprise Guide SAS DS2 programming SAS Text Miner / Sentiment Analysis Studio Analytical skills and an understanding of various database structures Data modeling and statistical model design Additional: Must be able to work in the US without Sponsorship Strong understanding of Oil and Gas Knowledge and internal systems
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: $120 - $145 per annumImplement and optimize algorithms using SAS for unsupervised and supervised learning based on structured and unstructured data
Design powerful business insights from social, marketing and industrial data using advanced machine learning techniques
Participate in the usage of SAS based big data technologies to develop algorithms that can handle massive amounts of unstructured and structured data
Posted: Mon 16 Nov at 14:00 Expires: Mon 14 Dec at 14:00
LiveRadiation Protection Advisor
Project Overview/Role Description
Radiation Protection Advisor
Location: North East Scotland
Working hours: Full Time
Salary: £55 - £65 Per Hour
Duration: 12 Months
Our client, a nuclear power site is looking for a Radiation Protection Advisor to provide and assure the provision of radiation protection advice and support site on the observance of the Ionising Radiations Regulations.
Deliverables (for contract)
Your responsibilities will include;
- Developing the Health Physics team's competence to deliver accurate and relevant information to enable the projects to progress in line with legal requirements.
- Providing Radiological Protection advice and support.
- Developing and providing specialist radiation protection training and technical advice to site.
- Developing, producing and maintaining site radiological codes of practice standards and guidance.
- Leading the development of a safety culture, standards and guidance.
- Auditing the provision of the Health Physics service make recommendations for improvements.
- Monitoring the delivery of radiation aspects of emergency arrangements for site.
- Mentoring and providing development opportunities for Health Physics staff.
- Undertaking formal review of portfolio of evidence for Health Physics staff.
- Providing authoritative representation of site at Industry wide forums.
- Providing Health Physicist cover to site on a rota basis.
- Representing assurance at site senior management meetings.
- Performing the responsibilities of management appointments relevant to post.
The successful candidate will possess;
- Science Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Radiation Protection Advisor Certificate.
- Health Physics experience.
- Nuclear experience is advantageous.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: £55 - £65 per hourProject Overview/Role Description Radiation Protection AdvisorLocation: North East Scotland Working hours: Full TimeSalary: £55 - £65 Per Hour Duration: 12 Months Objective Our c...
Posted: Mon 09 Nov at 11:00 Expires: Mon 07 Dec at 11:00
LiveTeam Lead - Stability Testing
My client, a global pharmaceutical company, is looking for an experienced Stability Specialist to join their team in Hertfordshire as a Team Leader. This is a permanent position, offering good progression opportunities, that has been newly created due to rapid growth within the department. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: * Leading a team of analysts, including workload allocation, developing training plans and team recruitment * Designing stability protocols and managing stability studies to assess the stability of drug products and substances * Managing stability and testing projects * Lead, and approve, investigations into deviations or OOS results, and ensure CAPAs are implemented effectively * Liaising with the internal QC department, and external partners/stakeholders * Providing support for regulatory authority audits * Writing and approving protocols and procedures for testing programmes, including sample storage and pulls. Candidates must have: * A degree in chemistry/biochemistry, or life sciences * Experience of team leadership, ideally coupled with lab management and developing training plans for staff * Strong experience with stability testing, and the design of stability protocols, ideally for biopharmaceutical products * Hands-on experience of: - Equipment validation - Deviation/OOS investigations - Liaising with internal or external customers/stakeholders * A good understanding of GMP and GLP. pharmaceutical, drug, discovery, quality, testing, analysis, QC, biopharmaceutical, QA, investigation, CAPA, validation, stability, GMP, sample, leadership, team, management, audit, FDA, MHRA
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: £44000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and extensive benefitsMy client, a global pharmaceutical company, is looking for an experienced Stability Specialist to join their team in Hertfordshire as a Team Leader.
This is a permanent position, offering good progression opportunities.
Posted: Tue 03 Nov at 9:00 Expires: Tue 01 Dec at 9:00
LiveAnalytical Chemist - Pilot Plant Support
Education A B.S. degree in a science/engineering discipline as appropriate for the area of expertise for the assigned jobs Experience Ten (10) years of experience in research development, refining, or the chemical industry, or similar hydrocarbon industries. Other industrial site experiences will be considered; pilot plant competency is a plus. Seven (7) years of experience in a substantive industrial, technological, or laboratory area relevant to the jobs assignment. Other You will have achieved recognition in your field through publication in significant technical journals and have a history of active participation in technical society activities. A good command of oral and written English.
1.Provides professional advice and assistance in a specialized area of technology such as industrial, analytical or physical chemistry; microbiology; geotechnical or other specialized areas of civil engineering; petroleum or chemical engineering. 2.Carries out original investigations relating to technical problems outside the scope of available literature. 3.Keeps current with significant developments in the field of specialization. Is expected to use these in high investigative assignments when applicable. 4.Visits plants, operating areas or construction sites as required to obtain information pertaining to assigned projects. 5.Makes comprehensive professional reports of investigations. 6.Maintains and updates his working knowledge of applicable state-of-the-art laboratory instrumentation. 7.Serves as a team leader or participates in major investigative projects as assigned. 8.Performs other miscellaneous related duties as requested
Type: Staff / TBCSalary: TBCAs one of the world’s largest fully integrated energy enterprises, Saudi Aramco not only looks for inpiduals who can meet our expectations but for those inpiduals who can exceed them. Our intent is to become the world’s leading integrated energy company by 2020, and to accomplish our goals we want and encourage you to Dream Big. The professional rewards at Saudi Aramco are amazing, but so too are the lifestyle and benefits. Saudi Aramco’s Research and Development Center (R&DC) conducts pioneering research, introduces new technology, and provides specialized technical services to enhance Saud...
Posted: Sat 26 Sep at 14:13 Expires: Thu 31 Dec at 0:00