You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The main challenges are to manage the laboratories management information system (LIMS), to assure the quality of our analyses and products. Basic Function and Scope: To plan, organize and assign work to Laboratory staff to ensure all analytical work, testing, calibrations etc are carried out as per standard operating procedures and in adherence to QC policies, procedures and standards..
Salary: Salary Negotiable Tax Free and Salary is Negotiable – Direct Hire Employment. Other Benefits: (As per the Company Standards & Policies)
Working Locations: Site, Office
Posted: 16/05/2013 12:47:00
Expires: 15/07/2013 12:47:00
Key Requirements• To plan, supervise and ensure that all the Laboratory activities are carried out in a safe manner as per company/industrial HSE standards.
• To train and guide all laboratory staff on all testing methods and on new testing
• methods/equipments and ensure the team meets the highest standards of proficiency.
• To ensure adherence to sampling procedures and check the integrity of sampling points in the plant.
• To supervise the calibration of highly sophisticated lab equipments, analyzers and Portable Gas detectors and maintain records of the same.
• To oversee the calibration of all major analytical instruments associated with the treatment processes and products to ASTM standards, relating directly to company's revenue receipts.
• To carry out quality check analysis including inter laboratory and PTP Shell as to compare performance with other participants.
• To involve in investigation and technical evaluation process of out sources service providers, suppliers, vendors etc for ordering the equipments or materiel.
• To carry out essential identifying analysis of unknown chemical waste by participating in Risk Assessment activities through HIRA which is required prior to dispatch to the ADNOC HSE Waste Management System.
• To plan and supervise Lab Analyses Schedules and report deviations of results whilst prioritizing the testing of samples based on the plant requirements to ensure samples are analyzed and reported timely.
Job Description• To carry out / lead the analysis of non-routine sludge and scale sampled from the vast pipeline system, plant shut downs and interpretation of these results with regard to corrosion products and therefore determining the integrity of this system.
• To maintain an up to date Laboratory Documentation system including Laboratory procedures, manuals, products specification and schedule of Analyses to facilitate timely decision making.
• To plan and supervise the input of data to the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and thereby ensure accuracy and timeliness of all updates.
• To monitor the stock of Laboratory Chemicals, spare parts, glassware, and consumables and report any shortfall to the Section Head, to facilitate timely replenishment,
• To train and develop the assigned staff with emphasis to UAE Nationals in line with the Development plans.
• To manage the development of performance indicators and other statistical reports to monitor the work progress and materials availability in order to timely recommend the necessary actions.
• To provide input for the preparation of division/department Capital, Operating and 5 Year Plan budgets and monitor financial performance to against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon
Reports to the Laboratory Section Head
Internal contacts on a frequent basis at own level and slightly higher level to provide operating instructions and information, on a frequent basis have contacts with Operators etc.
Latitude (Independence of Operation):
Work according to established operational procedures and standards. Must use own initiative in taking process corrective action and in acting accordingly during emergencies. Completed work is subject to spot-check by supervisor,
As per organization chart.
Normally air conditioned office environment.
JOB EVALUATION ALIGNMENT FACTORS
Annual Operating Budget: As per approved budget and plan
Annual Capital Expenditure: As per approved budget and plan
Problem Solving & Job Complexity:
Identifies and eliminates areas of waste and Inefficiency within work-area / department Focuses on accuracy of the task, organizes and prioritizes tasks while monitoring the status of routine tasks.
Similar Jobs to Chemist
LiveWaste Characterisation Support
Waste Characterisation Support - £15-20 per hour PAYE - 12 months
- The purpose of the post is to deliver an effective Waste Characterisation service to the site
- The Job Holder will ensure effective and accurate set-up, control and maintenance of the Site NDA systems and undertake assessments and calculations to characterise waste material.
The Job Holder will:
- Prepare sample and analysis plans using statistical methods and the DQO process, derive radiological fingerprints and undertake microshield calculations
- Undertake routine and non-routine NDA using approved techniques and reporting to the Waste Characterisation Manager, including testing and internal calibrations and ensuring that reporting deadlines are met
- Perform routine and breakdown maintenance on NDA systems
- Assist the ATO Holder and plant personnel in ensuring operational delays are minimised by identifying constraints leading to unplanned downtime.
- Report possible non-compliances, propose and deliver corrective actions to close out non-compliances
- Prepare and revise technical documents, Method Statements and Operating Instructions.
- Identify, commission and make ready for use new NDA systems
- Advise projects and waste personnel on suitable characterisation techniques and their limitations
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
Essential & Desirable Skills
- HNC in Science or equivalent qualifications plus experience
- Experience: 3 years relevant operational
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £15.00 - £20.00 per hour + PAYEWaste Characterisation Support - £15-20 per hour PAYE - 12 months Description - The purpose of the post is to deliver an effective Waste Characterisation service to the site -...
Posted: Tue 03 May at 15:00 Expires: Tue 31 May at 15:00
My client, a global biopharmaceutical company, is looking for a biostatistician to work on projects across multiple sites and business areas, including R&D and testing/manufacturing. There are a number of opportunities for further development/progression within this role. This position is permanent, and will be based on-site in the North West. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: * Acting as the primary statistician for multiple projects, a number of which will involve more than one site; * Working on Statistical Process Control (SPC), experimental design, process trending, and method assessment to support development activities; * Providing data to support regulatory submissions and product quality reviews; * Performing a wide range of statistical analyses to help plan studies and support projects; * Developing, validating, and applying new quantitative methods; * Designing and delivering training courses for bench scientists to improve statistical knowledge. * Supporting investigations by analysing trending data; and * Liaising with stakeholders across a number of departments. Candidates must have: * A minimum of 2 years' experience as a statistician within the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry, although candidates with a significant amount of non-industry experience (5-8 years+) may be considered; * At least a BSc in statistics, with higher degrees preferred; * Strong skills with SAS, S+ or R, ideally gained through working in a highly regulated industry; * Knowledge of ICH and pharmacopoeia guidance/guidelines; * Knowledge of analytical and process development terminology; and * Excellent communication skills. Candidates with experience of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and stability assessments are preferred. statistics, biostatistics, SAS, R, S, analysis, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, R&D, testing, process, analytical, product, stability, SPC, process, control, DoE, method, submission, development, ICH, pharmacopoeia
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: £39000 - £48000 per annum + generous benefits packageMy client, a global biopharmaceutical company, is looking for a biostatistician to work on projects across multiple sites and business areas, including R&D and testing/manufacturin...
Posted: Wed 13 Apr at 9:00 Expires: Wed 11 May at 9:00