Instrument On the Job Trainer
Posted By:Orion Group
Orion Group are one of the world''s leading engineering recruitment agencies specialising in contract and permanent manpower for the majority of the world''s largest energy specialists. The group have 34 offices located internationally from Calgary and Houston to offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.www.orionjobs.com
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
Working Locations: International
Posted: 13/09/2012 11:00:00
Expires: 11/10/2012 11:00:00
83840 - Instrument On the Job Trainer
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Instrument On the Job Trainer, based in Oman.
- HND/ HNC / ONC / OND or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline and considerable field experience plus reasonable training experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Oil/Gas process & systems.
- A good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices.
- Self-motivated and is required to have strong leadership skills.
- Should be fully knowlegeable of HSE and process safety requirements.
- Fully computer literate, valid driving license, good communicator and organizer.
- Good team player.
- Training and Development skills (Train the Trainer Course)
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Good oral and written Technical English capability.
Skills & Experience
- To effectively implement the Operations Training and Development in line with company policy and Area team development needs.
- Asset related: Ensure all Training Resources - People, Facilities, Equipment, and Material are adequate & available when required
- Business Processes related: To ensure the successful gap filling of Competence Development & Assurance needs.
- To agree Key Performance Indicators & Strategy with Operations Readiness Team Leader Identify HSE Critical Roles and include in Operations Job Competency Profiles.
- Develop specific trainees and line staff development plans in line with the project HSE-MS
- Develop a Training Plan & Schedule, integrated into the Project Execution Plan
- Identify all potential risks to the success of the Training Plan, develop and implement effective mitigation plans
- Discipline Activities: Ensure the most appropriate Learning Interventions are adopted and quality of all training meets the Projects requirements Develop and Implement Learning Interventions to close Identified Competency Gaps Co-ordinate and communicate with EPC, Vendors, and other specialist contractors on all matters related to Company staff training and development.
- HSE related: Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks and guide the trainees on safe working practices. Proactively contribute to all HSE aspects in compliance with directorate HSE plan
- Accountable for ensuring implementation and adherence to the requirements of the HSE Management System.
- Ensure HSE and PTW systems are followed before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings.
- Ensure that HEMP requirement is understood by all trainees and line staff.
- Familiarize with the latest design methods and techniques e.g. SIL, HAZOP Design review is essential.
- Process safety related: Ensure Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM) are undertaken and executed.
- Challenges: Deployment of new technology based on the new projects within the area (e.g. EOR).
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 83840.
Similar Jobs to Instrument On the Job Trainer
LivePower Generation & Distribution Supervisor
? Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with 8 years of experience in Power Generation &
Distribution including of 3 years experience as supervisor in Power Generation & Distribution Or
College Diploma in Electrical Engineering with 12 year of experience in Power Generation &
Distribution including of 3 years experience as supervisor in Power Generation & Distribution.
? Experienced in HV, power generators and gas turbines as must.
? Experience in Planning and/or Maximo CMMS will be advantage.
? Knowledgeable in equipment spare parts and can read & interpret equipment drawings to identify
? Well conversant with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
? Good communication and interpersonal skills.
? Ensure that all Electrical Safety Rules (ESR) are strictly adhered to. ? Ensure adherence to company's HES rules & regulations. ? Directly supervise the Oman North Power Generation & Distribution section with the goal of ensuring and sustaining the availability of field electrical power. ? Recommend training that would improve performance of an inpidual or team group. ? Ensure that the inpidual development of Omani staff under his jurisdiction are developed and that appropriate in-house training is constantly programmed and in force. ? Recommend and pursue actions that will ultimately improve the efficiency and safe operation of the Safah field operation. ? Direct HV Coordinators and Technicians on all technical queries where and when workload dictates. ? Manage the use of on appropriate material ensuring that said material is fit for purpose and falls within all international electrical engineering. ? Provide input to the weekly maintenance planning in his area of responsibility for all Preventive and Corrective work orders in close coordination with planning group. ? Oversee the daily plans and schedules of crews and equipment to meet the plan goals. ? Interface with other maintenance groups and other departments to meet maintenance department goals as well as production targets. ? Coordinating with planning section to support achievement of KPI target for Power Generation & Distribution. ? Providing technical assistance to working teams. ? Communicate the machinery malfunction to execution team to attend failures. ? Coordinate resources for commissioning of new equipments. ? Participate in root cause analysis (RCA) of machinery in the area of responsibility. For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedThe Power Generation & Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating all maintenance activities in Wadilatham. The Power Generation & Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for all daily
planning of maintenance activities and recourses in Wadilatham, Jalal, Khamilah, Al Barakah and Al Khwair metering station. The candidate will be expected to actively promote all corporate policies and take the lead role in
HES matters for his group.
Posted: Mon 25 May at 8:00 Expires: Mon 22 Jun at 8:00
The Chemical Specialist will have experience in delivering production chemistry solutions related to water treatment plants of various technologies such as Reverse Osmosis (RO),
Job Description/Major Duties (General job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities) The Chemical Specialist will have experience in delivering production chemistry solutions related to water treatment plants of various technologies such as Reverse Osmosis (RO), Mechanical Vapor Compressor distillation (MVC) and combined Warm Lime Softening -Strong Acid Cation (SAC) plants. The Chemical Specialist will have a good understanding of the processes, equipment and various cause and effects of chemical treatment techniques to maintain boiler feed water quality; identify process upsets initiating process recovery mitigation and optimizing efficiencies of the chemical applications (cost control). The Chemical Specialist will be responsible for maintaining proper application of specialty chemicals in the fields processes. To accomplish this, the Chemical Specialist will work with appropriate process facility team members (Operators and Team Leads) to monitor, track, and optimize the particular chemical applications as required depending upon the process operating conditions and the expected performance of the chemicals. The Chemical Specialist will ensure that all chemical handling procedures are in compliance with company health, environment and safety policies. The Chemical Specialist will work with the chemical vendor onsite Account Manager (AM) and Field Engineers (FE) to develop, implement, and maintain chemical application controls to ensure a consistent facility product specification even when process changes occur. Along with the vendor Account Manager (AM) and Field Engineer (FE), the Chemical Specialist will help identify, create, and track key metrics associated with the application of chemicals. These metrics are to be used to facilitate historical tracking records, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement. The Chemical Specialist will also scope applicable improvement projects and assist with budgeting, material specification, and project implementation where appropriate. Additionally, Chemical Specialist will be expected to work with the vendor Account Manager (AM) and Field Engineer (FE) to investigate and solve corrosion and flow assurance problems and recommend appropriate chemical treatment as one alternative. Also, will need to present the problem, the data, the investigation, any trial results, and the recommendations in a technical report format. The Chemical Specialist will be expected to learn about each of the surface facilities at the field and how they relate to each other, along with each facility's product specifications and general operating conditions and process flows. The Chemical Specialist responsibilities will include but not limited to the following; *Monitor chemical consumption and application effectiveness at the facilities in his assigned area of responsibility. *Work with the vendor Account Manager (AM) and Field Engineer (FE) along with the facility team operators and supervisors to ensure the proper application of specialty chemicals being used. *Work with vendor Account Manager (AM) and Field engineer (FE) to identify, create and track KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) related to the application of the various chemicals. *Support Technical Services Team and other Teams with technical information during Management of Change projects. *Review water, gas, and solids analysis results and give explanation for deviations from norm, as well as technical support on which parameters apply, and how the results should be interpreted relating to the process and the application of chemical, or the identification of corrosion or flow assurance problems. *Assist in the implementation of new installations of chemical injection. *Support other Teams in the troubleshooting of problems related to corrosion or flow assurance. *Support other Teams in specifying and ordering chemicals for process applications. *To troubleshoot any given chemical application to determine the root cause for any performance shortfalls. *Communicate effectively with Team Leads in order to explain and justify chemical treating recommendations made. *Mentor fellow employees in relation to selecting, testing, and applying specialty chemicals to solve corrosion and flow assurance problems. For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedThe Chemical Specialist will have experience in delivering production chemistry solutions related to water treatment plants of various technologies such as Reverse Osmosis (RO),
Posted: Mon 11 May at 13:00 Expires: Mon 08 Jun at 13:00
Bachelor Degree in Chemical/Materials Engineering or Mechanical Engineer from reputable university with more than 12 years of experience, preferably in the refinery or petrochemical industry for corrosion control
Thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods and design details. Working knowledge of Company standards Proven knowledge in corrosion management and material selections in refinery or petrochemical environment. Knowledge in water treatment will be a plus. To prepare a schedule of work and provide direction for the preparation of designs, processes and related data for very complex engineering problems to ensure that work is completed as per deadline and engineering standards.
Type: Staff / Site, InternationalSalary: NegotiableCorrosion Engineers based in Oman for one of the world's most dynamic oil and gas companies
Posted: Fri 10 Apr at 11:51 Expires: Tue 09 Jun at 11:51