Instrument On the Job Trainer
Posted By:Orion Group
Orion Group are one of the world''s leading engineering recruitment agencies specialising in contract and permanent manpower for the majority of the world''s largest energy specialists. The group have 34 offices located internationally from Calgary and Houston to offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.www.orionjobs.com
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
Working Locations: International
Posted: 13/09/2012 11:00:00
Expires: 11/10/2012 11:00:00
83840 - Instrument On the Job Trainer
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Instrument On the Job Trainer, based in Oman.
- HND/ HNC / ONC / OND or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline and considerable field experience plus reasonable training experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Oil/Gas process & systems.
- A good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices.
- Self-motivated and is required to have strong leadership skills.
- Should be fully knowlegeable of HSE and process safety requirements.
- Fully computer literate, valid driving license, good communicator and organizer.
- Good team player.
- Training and Development skills (Train the Trainer Course)
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Good oral and written Technical English capability.
Skills & Experience
- To effectively implement the Operations Training and Development in line with company policy and Area team development needs.
- Asset related: Ensure all Training Resources - People, Facilities, Equipment, and Material are adequate & available when required
- Business Processes related: To ensure the successful gap filling of Competence Development & Assurance needs.
- To agree Key Performance Indicators & Strategy with Operations Readiness Team Leader Identify HSE Critical Roles and include in Operations Job Competency Profiles.
- Develop specific trainees and line staff development plans in line with the project HSE-MS
- Develop a Training Plan & Schedule, integrated into the Project Execution Plan
- Identify all potential risks to the success of the Training Plan, develop and implement effective mitigation plans
- Discipline Activities: Ensure the most appropriate Learning Interventions are adopted and quality of all training meets the Projects requirements Develop and Implement Learning Interventions to close Identified Competency Gaps Co-ordinate and communicate with EPC, Vendors, and other specialist contractors on all matters related to Company staff training and development.
- HSE related: Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks and guide the trainees on safe working practices. Proactively contribute to all HSE aspects in compliance with directorate HSE plan
- Accountable for ensuring implementation and adherence to the requirements of the HSE Management System.
- Ensure HSE and PTW systems are followed before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings.
- Ensure that HEMP requirement is understood by all trainees and line staff.
- Familiarize with the latest design methods and techniques e.g. SIL, HAZOP Design review is essential.
- Process safety related: Ensure Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM) are undertaken and executed.
- Challenges: Deployment of new technology based on the new projects within the area (e.g. EOR).
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 83840.
Similar Jobs to Instrument On the Job Trainer
LiveShell Client - EPC Project Manager
Minimum 13 years of experience is ESSENTIAL Experience reporting into SHELL as a client. Bachelors Degree is Essential.
Candidates must be able to undertake contract management and control, including management and control of multi-discipline EPC contracts. Proven experience in 1) managing high value EPC Contracts (i.e. min. 75 million US$); 2) procurement of high value equipment (i.e. min. 5 million US$) and 3) managing multiple subcontractors with high value work scope (min. 1 million US$).
Type: Long Term Contract / Site, OfficeSalary: 7000 USD+Medical Facilities + annual flights +discretionary bonusOur client is an oil and gas EPC Contractor and are looking for a Project Manager who would have experience working with Royal Dutch Shell as a client.
Posted: Thu 30 Jul at 10:52 Expires: Mon 28 Sep at 10:52
LiveSenior Construction Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. - 10+ years of experience on construction projects covering design, construction and commissioning phases. - Extensive offshore construction experience is a must. - Strong technical knowledge of offshore installation techniques and procedures. - Knowledge of all applicable Russian and international standards. - Fluent English and Russian. - Excellent organizational and communication skills. - Excellent ability to build trusted relationships and working partnerships. - Commitment to project demands, proactivity, assertiveness, result-driven personality. - Availability for relocation.
- Track and report on construction activities planning and progress. - Control the costs/deadlines/quality. - Build effective interaction with contractors and all involved parties. - Ensure the facilities are constructed safely in accordance with the design specifications. - Ensure the successful realization of all project stages.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedOur Client, major oil & gas producer, is looking for experienced Construction Engineer to join one of the biggest projects in Russia. The selected candidate will join the main office on a permanent basis. The company is developing major oil & gas fields in Russia with the expertise of multinational team of industry professionals.
Posted: Fri 24 Jul at 12:36 Expires: Tue 22 Sep at 12:36
Bachelor Degree in Chemical/Materials Engineering or Mechanical Engineer from reputable university with more than 12 years of experience, preferably in the refinery or petrochemical industry for corrosion control
Thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods and design details. Working knowledge of Company standards Proven knowledge in corrosion management and material selections in refinery or petrochemical environment. Knowledge in water treatment will be a plus. To prepare a schedule of work and provide direction for the preparation of designs, processes and related data for very complex engineering problems to ensure that work is completed as per deadline and engineering standards.
Type: Staff / Site, InternationalSalary: NegotiableCorrosion Engineers based in Oman for one of the world's most dynamic oil and gas companies
Posted: Fri 10 Jul at 13:19 Expires: Tue 08 Sep at 13:19