Instrument On the Job Trainer
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
Working Locations: International
Posted: 13/09/2012 11:00:00
Expires: 11/10/2012 11:00:00
83840 - Instrument On the Job Trainer
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Instrument On the Job Trainer, based in Oman.
- HND/ HNC / ONC / OND or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline and considerable field experience plus reasonable training experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Oil/Gas process & systems.
- A good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices.
- Self-motivated and is required to have strong leadership skills.
- Should be fully knowlegeable of HSE and process safety requirements.
- Fully computer literate, valid driving license, good communicator and organizer.
- Good team player.
- Training and Development skills (Train the Trainer Course)
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Good oral and written Technical English capability.
Skills & Experience
- To effectively implement the Operations Training and Development in line with company policy and Area team development needs.
- Asset related: Ensure all Training Resources - People, Facilities, Equipment, and Material are adequate & available when required
- Business Processes related: To ensure the successful gap filling of Competence Development & Assurance needs.
- To agree Key Performance Indicators & Strategy with Operations Readiness Team Leader Identify HSE Critical Roles and include in Operations Job Competency Profiles.
- Develop specific trainees and line staff development plans in line with the project HSE-MS
- Develop a Training Plan & Schedule, integrated into the Project Execution Plan
- Identify all potential risks to the success of the Training Plan, develop and implement effective mitigation plans
- Discipline Activities: Ensure the most appropriate Learning Interventions are adopted and quality of all training meets the Projects requirements Develop and Implement Learning Interventions to close Identified Competency Gaps Co-ordinate and communicate with EPC, Vendors, and other specialist contractors on all matters related to Company staff training and development.
- HSE related: Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks and guide the trainees on safe working practices. Proactively contribute to all HSE aspects in compliance with directorate HSE plan
- Accountable for ensuring implementation and adherence to the requirements of the HSE Management System.
- Ensure HSE and PTW systems are followed before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings.
- Ensure that HEMP requirement is understood by all trainees and line staff.
- Familiarize with the latest design methods and techniques e.g. SIL, HAZOP Design review is essential.
- Process safety related: Ensure Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM) are undertaken and executed.
- Challenges: Deployment of new technology based on the new projects within the area (e.g. EOR).
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 83840.
Similar Jobs to Instrument On the Job Trainer
LiveInstrument Commissioning Senior Technician/ Technician
BASIC SKILLS ? Competent in communicating in English language (written and spoken) ? Ability to read and understand engineering drawings in English, P&ID’s, Loop Drawings ? Have knowledge of Foundation Fieldbus (FF) and Hart Protocol devices. ? Have knowledge of latest process test equipment ? Ability to work with local and expat labour and liaise with vendors and contractors. ? Ability to be part of a multi discipline group. ? Good inter-personal skills. TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS ? Recognised Instrument Qualification in their native country. EXPERIENCE ? Should have a proven track record as an Instrument Commissioning Technician with relevant discipline experience Onshore or Offshore. ? Use of a HART 375 communicator for foundation fieldbus testing ? Use of a communicator for interrogation purposes in the event of a fault
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES ? Understand the importance and expectations by BP on HSE ? Conversant and fully trained in accordance with site PTW procedures ? Understands why and be able compile punch lists in accordance with project specifications ? Responsible for implementing, execution and completion of all instrument pre commissioning activities. ? Carry out loop checking, simulation and calibration of all instruments connected to process loops. ? Carry out loop checking, simulation and calibration of all devices connected to Fire and Gas loops. ? Attend site TBT meetings ? Understand the importance of completing ITR’s correctly and concisely. ? Prepares As Built drawings and reports to reflect changes/alterations made during commissioning activities as per project procedures
Type: Staff / SiteSalary: Not statedKEY ROLES: ? Carry out pre commissioning and commissioning activities of the ICSS, Fire & Gas & ESD systems and instrument field equipment.
Posted: Tue 08 Mar at 5:22 Expires: Sat 07 May at 5:22
LiveInstrument Commissioning Lead Technician
BASIC SKILLS ? Competent in communicating in English language (written and spoken) ? Ability to summarise a foundation fieldbus system (segments/multi drop instrumentation) ? Understand segment testing requirements ? Ability to read and understand engineering drawings in English. ? Capable of supervision of local and expat labour and liaise with the Engineering Contractor. ? Ability to interact with Control System Engineers and be part of a multi discipline group. ? Ability to work on own initiative ? Good inter-personal skills. ? Ability to produce written reports. ? Computer literate in MS Word and MS Excel.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS ? Recognised Instrument Qualification in their native country. EXPERIENCE ? Should have a proven track record as an Instrument Commissioning Senior Technician with relevant discipline experience. Onshore or Offshore. ? Supervising a commissioning multinational team of instrument technicians. ? Use of a HART 375 communicator for foundation fieldbus testing ? Use of a communicator for interrogation purposes in the event of a fault ? Preparation of Permit to work and Performing Authority responsibilities RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES ? Comply with and ensure that his team meet BP’s expectations on HSE,TBT’s ? Undertake Performing Authority duties in accordance with PTW procedure ? Participate in level 2 risk assessments ? Ensuring all Instrument Commissioning personnel carryout their work and are fully trained in accordance with site PTW procedures. ? Ensure all Instrument technicians under their supervision fully understand their duties and the risks associated with them. ? Carry out instrument MC walk downs and compile punch lists in accordance with project specifications ? Report progress/status of pre commissioning and commissioning activities in verbal and written reports. ? Responsible for implementing, execution and completion of all instrument pre commissioning activities. ? Responsible for the safety & management of all Instrument commissioning personnel and vendors reps under their control when on-site ? As building instrument documents in accordance with the project procedure ? Contribute to Tri Party discipline Mechanical Completion walk downs. ? Communicate with technicians to identify any HSE issues raised by TBT ? Assist with compilation of Livening up Notices (LUNS). ? Have a clear understanding of the Site/Project PTW System.
Type: Staff / SiteSalary: Not statedKEY ROLES: Responsible for the management and supervision of Instrument Commissioning Technicians for the commissioning of ICSS, Fire & Gas & ESD systems and instrument field equipment.
Posted: Tue 08 Mar at 5:16 Expires: Sat 07 May at 5:16