You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is currently recruiting a Procurement Engineer for their Altens office. You would be part of a procurement team working with daily requirements of procurement logistics and expediting.
Working Locations: Office
Posted: 20/04/2012 10:00:00
Expires: 04/05/2012 10:00:00
Key Requirements2 + years experience within a project purchasing environment, having sourced competitive bids.
Desk and site expediting of orders to ensure project and manufacturing schedules met.
Job DescriptionPurchasing: procuring general commodities; work shop maintenance consumables; office supplies; and general 3rd party services to the business at a competitive price and in a timely manner.
Logistics: providing a focal point for all logistics matters and movement of goods in support of projects and workshop operations. Arranging transport; interfacing with freight agents.
Expediting: responsible for supplier expediting and producing weekly reports. Prioritising rush and urgent orders, holding full responsibility for any goods until they are delivered and documentation is completed accordingly. Liaising with all relevant departments to ensure operations run smoothly.
Administration: maintain registers e.g. AVL; Project PO; Close-out Chart; etc.
Reporting to procurement manager, project managers and managing directors.
Similar Jobs to Procurement Engineer
CPC qualification in Road Haulage Operations required along with experience in Transport and Fleet Management.
The role will involve: • Previous track record of Transport and Fleet Management. • Excellent knowledge of road transport legislation, Drivers Hours Regulations and Working Time Regulations • Knowledge of construction plant • Excellent organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritise activities • Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills (e.g. Word/Excel) • Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels • Prepared to travel and work at various sites
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: Dependant on experienceExperienced TRANSPORT MANAGER required for a Crane Hire company in Aberdeen.
Posted: Wed 20 Jul at 16:03 Expires: Wed 17 Aug at 16:03
Ideally the candidate will have the following skills and experience: Banksman / slinger certified Appointed person certified Previous supervisory experience Knowledge of warehouse, inventory and pipe yard controls Knowledge and experience of warehouse operations and inventory process Secure cargo , local and international experience
The main duties and responsibilities will include: Supervision of warehouse and pipe yard Crane responsibility for the planning of lifting operations and associated lifting equipment Assist operational requirements by implementing productivity, quality and customer service standards, and identifying warehouse and pipe yard system improvements Forklifts: assess faulty equipment, damages and safety concerns from the daily forklift checks and arrange and coordinate repairs Monitor warehouse and pipe yard expenditures, identifying variances and implementing cost reductions Supervise and complete inventory cycle counting and reconciliation Manage and complete appraisals, probationary reviews and return to work forms. Participate in recruitment interviews as required Supervise housekeeping and ensure products are stored in a safe organised manner suitably protected from deterioration Assist with the coordination and disposal of Company waste Participating in out of hours on call rota for Materials department
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: NegotiableResponsible for inventory management including overseeing receiving, storage and shipping of items, securing facilities and supervising staff.
Posted: Wed 20 Jul at 11:34 Expires: Wed 17 Aug at 11:34
Buyer - Harwell, Oxfordshire - 12 months - £23.52 PAYE or £30.39 LTD
- Our Client's Operations team operate three radioactive waste stores, waste retrieval equipment, a head end cell process facility, a waste encapsulation plant and the Harwell vault store.
- The operations comprise the handling, recovery and process of remote handled Intermediate level waste.
- The business now has a requirement for a buyer reporting to the production manager to take responsibility for the procurement of materials and equipment to support production and projects.
- The job exists to maximise production within safety, environmental and financial constraints.
- The operations operate on a 24hr shift system and is a Harwell programme critical project.
- This post is normal day hours but there may be occasions where there will be a requirement to work extended hours to meet tight deadlines or when new systems are introduced.
- Create process, expedite and place purchase orders with supplier's in-line with demand using Agresso, A2B and other business systems in accordance with company procedure.
- Determine order demands from Production Schedules, Project, Engineering, and Maintenance Programmes. Manage critical spares and obsolescence requirements.
- Maintain and update purchase order progress spreadsheets & programmes with accurate delivery dates, committed and actual spend.
- Manage goods inwards, third party and receipt inspections.
- Report status of Open Purchase orders, Non-conforming material returns, reconciliation of receipts and confirmation of invoices in accordance with company procedure.
- Ensure that suppliers are in receipt of current purchase orders and specifications and all subsequent revisions.
- Manage manufacturing issues, production permits and concessions.
- Review open order delivery dates daily to ensure they are aligned with production and project requirements.
- Actively contribute to the functional cost savings targets and identification of potential cost savings.
- Support the Production Manager in forecasting procurement needs.
- Regularly review and monitor supplier performance.
- Source the correct materials at the best price for delivery, when required, by utilising innovative solutions and good negotiating skills.
- Build strong working relationships and communications with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Essential Aptitudes and Experience
- Experience within a fast paced procurement environment.
- Experience with Electrical, Control & Instrumentation & mechanical Engineering procurement would be preferred.
- CIPS qualification or studying towards preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Good working knowledge of Agresso preferred but not essential
- Enthusiastic and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and manage own time effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards all types of work.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Short Term Contract / OfficeSalary: £0.00 - £30.39 per hour + LTDBuyer - Harwell, Oxfordshire - 12 months - £23.52 PAYE or £30.39 LTD Description - Our Client's Operations team operate three radioactive waste stores, waste retrieval equipmen...
Posted: Thu 14 Jul at 10:00 Expires: Thu 11 Aug at 10:00
LiveProcurement Document Controller
Procurement Document Controller
Procurement Document Controller South East, UK Oil and Gas Energy Services Company has a wonderful opportunity for a Procurement Document Controller. Role Requirements Include; - Updating, Closing Out Comments - Reviewing Documented Client Comments - Progress Summaries - Preparation of Documents inc cover sheets Qualifications; - Secondary Education/Above - Previously Employed as a Document Controller - Attention to Detail - Excellent Communication Skills, written and verbal - MS Office and SharePoint
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: Not statedProcurement Document Controller
Posted: Fri 08 Jul at 17:10 Expires: Tue 06 Sep at 17:10