You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Our client is currently recruiting a Procurement Engineer for their Altens office. You would be part of a procurement team working with daily requirements of procurement logistics and expediting.
Working Locations: Office
Posted: 20/04/2012 10:00:00
Expires: 04/05/2012 10:00:00
Key Requirements2 + years experience within a project purchasing environment, having sourced competitive bids.
Desk and site expediting of orders to ensure project and manufacturing schedules met.
Job DescriptionPurchasing: procuring general commodities; work shop maintenance consumables; office supplies; and general 3rd party services to the business at a competitive price and in a timely manner.
Logistics: providing a focal point for all logistics matters and movement of goods in support of projects and workshop operations. Arranging transport; interfacing with freight agents.
Expediting: responsible for supplier expediting and producing weekly reports. Prioritising rush and urgent orders, holding full responsibility for any goods until they are delivered and documentation is completed accordingly. Liaising with all relevant departments to ensure operations run smoothly.
Administration: maintain registers e.g. AVL; Project PO; Close-out Chart; etc.
Reporting to procurement manager, project managers and managing directors.
Similar Jobs to Procurement Engineer
Procurement Manager - Based Warrington - Permanent
- Competitive salary plus comprehensive reward package
- Pension Scheme
- 5 Days Annual Leave (rises with service)
- Flexible Working and Support for Continuing Professional Development
- Our Client is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) and has extensive and proven expertise in irradiated fuel management and nuclear material transportation.
- We also have the expertise to provide customers with specialist services associated with the transport of nuclear material, including safety, security, logistical services and comprehensive 24-hour global emergency response support.
- Transporting specialist nuclear cargoes safely and securely requires huge experience and modern insight into current operational standards.
- They are therefore looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to support the successful performance of procurement activities within the company through the optimum provision of goods and services from the supply chain including all aspects of procurement, supply chain management, contract strategy development, price analysis, negotiation, contract placement and contract management, thus helping to ensure the delivery of the company's and NDA's contractual obligations.
- The successful candidate will manage their own workload, including time and deadline management.
- The candidate will also be responsible for managing their own performance including self-development, whilst managing the overall workload, performance and health and well-being of their team.
- To Head of Procurement for the execution of procurement activities to schedule and cost
- To manage resources engaged in procurement activities and performance management of 2 reportees, setting delivery objectives and any locally required training
- To ensure consistent application and implementation of procurement policy and procedures
- To assist the Head of Procurement in managing key stakeholder relationships, including NDA and other identified external stakeholders
- To ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental requirements including promoting a 'safety culture' within the Supply Chain
- To promote open and transparent competition throughout the supply chain ensuring compliance with PCR 2015 and PROM028
- To provide procurement support and advice to project managers/work scope owners within the company.
- To provide proactive leadership to deliver significant and sustained improvements in the discharge of these accountabilities by promoting, stimulating encouraging and leading improvement processes.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Professional membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply is preferred or 4-5 years relevant experience
- Strong negotiating, influencing and relationship management
- Awareness of key stakeholders and their key drivers
- Ability to represent the Client in an external environment
- Ability to build productive relationships and influence personnel of a more senior grade
- IT literate including word, excel, SAGE
Closing Date for Applications: 4.00pm Wednesday 11th May
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedProcurement Manager - Based Warrington - Permanent - Competitive salary plus comprehensive reward package - Pension Scheme - 5 Days Annual Leave (rises with service) - Flexi...
Posted: Tue 19 Apr at 16:00 Expires: Tue 17 May at 16:00
LiveStrategic Sourcing Manager
My client, a global medical device company, is looking for a Procurement/Sourcing Manager for their site in the North West. This is a permanent position, offering a generous salary and progression opportunities, that has a direct input into strategic decisions. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): *Manage supplier relationships, directly and through other departments, including reviewing supplier lists and quality metrics. *Work closely with other departments, such as supplier quality, manufacturing and planning teams to ensure procurement targets are met. *Develop, review and update business processes to manage supplier partnerships & increase end to end supply chain efficiency. *Help develop and implement local and national/international sourcing strategies. *Analyse supply chain system capabilities, and use this information to lead cost improvement programmes. *Manage multiple projects on site, including leading cross-functional teams. Candidates must have: *A Bachelors' degree in finance, business, engineering or operations. Candidates with a higher degree or MBA are preferred, as are those who are CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) accredited *At least 5 years' procurement experience, including managerial experience *Significant experience of dealing with internal & external customers *A strong track record in Supplier Relationship Management and Change Management *Experience of budget management and costs planning, with negotiating skills being a strong plus *Experience of designing and implementing strategies for effective supplier and supply chain management. procurement, sourcing, buyer, client, vendor, manager, management, operations, materials, project, change, medical, device, pharmaceutical, inventory, warehousing, budget, supplier, relationship, supply, chain, quality, site
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: £48000 - £55000 per annum + 15% bonus, car allowance & benefitsMy client, a global medical device company, is looking for a Procurement/Sourcing Manager for their site in the North West.
This is a permanent position, offering a generous salary and progression opportunities.
Posted: Wed 13 Apr at 9:00 Expires: Wed 11 May at 9:00