General Manager - Trading & Development
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The company is a subsidiary unit of a large holding company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is headquartered in Al-Khobar and has regional offices in Riyadh and Jeddah. The Company is engaged in trading and supply of industrial and commercial products to Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, utilities (power and Water) and infrastructure industry sectors within the GCC market, mainly in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Salary: On Application
Working Locations: Site, Office, International
Posted: 18/01/2012 15:00:00
Expires: 18/03/2012 15:00:00
Key RequirementsRequired Skills & Qualifications
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics) preferably with an MBA and specialization in General Management or a Graduate in any discipline with
• 12-15 years total experience of which 5-7 years must have been in a similar position with
reputed medium to large scale organization with P&L responsibility.
• Familiarity with ERP Environment.
• Strong Financial Acumen, with specific understanding of Financial Instruments, Documents
and management of the company key financial indicators.
• Understanding of FEED, with strong relationships with FEED Consultants.
• Strong understanding of company's product offerings with similar background and
• Awareness and understanding of new technologies relating to the company's product
• Highly skilled in building relationships and business development activity.
• Arabic not essential, but would be preferable.
• Understand, read, write and speak English fluently.
• Computer literate and highly conversant in MS Office.
• Strategic Thinker
• Organization & Planning
• Critical Decision Making
The Company's product offerings are divided into three groups:
1. Mechanical Products and Equipment: Includes various types of valves, pumps, heat
exchangers and temperature control systems.
2. Instrumentation Products: Includes analyzers, flow meters, gauging measurement systems and
nuclear type of instrumentation.
3. Packaged Systems and Skids: Includes Chemical dosing skids, metering skids, water cooling
systems and water treatments systems.
The General Manager will provide leadership and direction to the Strategic Business Unit of
Trading and Development by developing the SBU's strategy to become a totally integrated
solutions provider by maintaining current business as well as developing new business through
introduction of technical specification of new products at pre-bid stage through FEED
consultants, and developing new solutions for clients in partnership with EPC contractors and
Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing broad organizational goals, objectives and strategies in accordance with
established mandate and corporate vision as agreed by the Board of Directors.
• Exercising the financial authority within the purview set by the Managing Director & Dy.
CEO and the Board of Directors.
• Maintaining the continuity and development of the company's business, and managing the
company in the most efficient, effective and profitable manner.
• Responsible for decision making, executing decisions and forward planning related to the accomplishment of company and corporate objectives, and the communication of corporate
Identifying potential growth areas for the company's business, by expanding the
product/services / solution portfolio of the company with new technological introductions,
through continuous product research, and through close relationships with suppliers, clients
and FEED Consultants.
• General Management of Human Resources, administration, development & control elements.
• Acting as the official public and brand representative of the organization, while safeguarding
the company's reputation, image and credibility.
• Exercising day-to-day functional control over the activities of the company, by directing and coordinating functional units in an integrated manner, establishing standards, measuring
performance and correcting the deviations from these standards and plans.
• Establishing an organization environment conducive to maximizing employee potential and
productivity and the retention of key personnel.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Holds P&L responsibility for the company.
• Strategic management of the business
• Responsible for the preparation and execution of the company's business plan
• Establishing KRAs (Key Results Areas) and monitoring performance
• Maintaining current business as well as developing new business
• Representing the company's brand in the market
• Leading a team of departmental heads and addressing any manpower issues
• Addressing any operational weaknesses and taking remedial action.
Similar Jobs to General Manager - Trading & Development
LiveSenior Maintenance Manager- Coiled Tubing Units
My Client, A leading Oilfield Service company requires a Senior Maintenance Manager in Saudi. Experience in Coil tubing and completions required
15-25 years experience Coil tubing/ wireline/ intervention/ hydraulic fracturing Ability to implement Procedures and strategies Excellent Management Skills Preventative Maintenance Budget Experience Storage & equipment Onshore experience required Looking for somebody who is dynamic and driven to progress their career Prior experience in Saudi is preferred For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / SiteSalary: Not statedMy Client, A leading Oilfield Service company requires a Senior Maintenance Manager in Saudi. Experience in Coil tubing and completions required
Posted: Mon 25 May at 9:00 Expires: Mon 22 Jun at 9:00
LiveOperations Manager (KSA) - coiled tubing
Operations Manager required for major US based service company. Vast amount of experience in coiled tubing needed for this role. 15-20 years of experience KSA experience (understanding of KSA region) COIL TUBING experience is essential Experience working with Saudi Aramco & Total is highly preferred Looking for someone proven in driving growth across the region and should have handled P&L and experience in ops setup. This role with report to the Country Manager. For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not stated15-20 years of experience
KSA experience (understanding of KSA region)
COIL TUBING experience is essential
Experience working with Saudi Aramco & Total is highly preferred
Looking for someone proven in driving growth across the region and should have handled P&L and experience in ops setup.
Posted: Sun 03 May at 11:00 Expires: Sun 31 May at 11:00