General Manager - Trading & Development
You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
The company is a subsidiary unit of a large holding company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is headquartered in Al-Khobar and has regional offices in Riyadh and Jeddah. The Company is engaged in trading and supply of industrial and commercial products to Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, utilities (power and Water) and infrastructure industry sectors within the GCC market, mainly in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Salary: On Application
Working Locations: Site, Office, International
Posted: 18/01/2012 15:00:00
Expires: 18/03/2012 15:00:00
Key RequirementsRequired Skills & Qualifications
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics) preferably with an MBA and specialization in General Management or a Graduate in any discipline with
• 12-15 years total experience of which 5-7 years must have been in a similar position with
reputed medium to large scale organization with P&L responsibility.
• Familiarity with ERP Environment.
• Strong Financial Acumen, with specific understanding of Financial Instruments, Documents
and management of the company key financial indicators.
• Understanding of FEED, with strong relationships with FEED Consultants.
• Strong understanding of company's product offerings with similar background and
• Awareness and understanding of new technologies relating to the company's product
• Highly skilled in building relationships and business development activity.
• Arabic not essential, but would be preferable.
• Understand, read, write and speak English fluently.
• Computer literate and highly conversant in MS Office.
• Strategic Thinker
• Organization & Planning
• Critical Decision Making
The Company's product offerings are divided into three groups:
1. Mechanical Products and Equipment: Includes various types of valves, pumps, heat
exchangers and temperature control systems.
2. Instrumentation Products: Includes analyzers, flow meters, gauging measurement systems and
nuclear type of instrumentation.
3. Packaged Systems and Skids: Includes Chemical dosing skids, metering skids, water cooling
systems and water treatments systems.
The General Manager will provide leadership and direction to the Strategic Business Unit of
Trading and Development by developing the SBU's strategy to become a totally integrated
solutions provider by maintaining current business as well as developing new business through
introduction of technical specification of new products at pre-bid stage through FEED
consultants, and developing new solutions for clients in partnership with EPC contractors and
Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing broad organizational goals, objectives and strategies in accordance with
established mandate and corporate vision as agreed by the Board of Directors.
• Exercising the financial authority within the purview set by the Managing Director & Dy.
CEO and the Board of Directors.
• Maintaining the continuity and development of the company's business, and managing the
company in the most efficient, effective and profitable manner.
• Responsible for decision making, executing decisions and forward planning related to the accomplishment of company and corporate objectives, and the communication of corporate
Identifying potential growth areas for the company's business, by expanding the
product/services / solution portfolio of the company with new technological introductions,
through continuous product research, and through close relationships with suppliers, clients
and FEED Consultants.
• General Management of Human Resources, administration, development & control elements.
• Acting as the official public and brand representative of the organization, while safeguarding
the company's reputation, image and credibility.
• Exercising day-to-day functional control over the activities of the company, by directing and coordinating functional units in an integrated manner, establishing standards, measuring
performance and correcting the deviations from these standards and plans.
• Establishing an organization environment conducive to maximizing employee potential and
productivity and the retention of key personnel.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Holds P&L responsibility for the company.
• Strategic management of the business
• Responsible for the preparation and execution of the company's business plan
• Establishing KRAs (Key Results Areas) and monitoring performance
• Maintaining current business as well as developing new business
• Representing the company's brand in the market
• Leading a team of departmental heads and addressing any manpower issues
• Addressing any operational weaknesses and taking remedial action.
Similar Jobs to General Manager - Trading & Development
• 10-15 years of relevant experience with proven track record, out of which minimal 5 years management experience • Recognized Engineering Qualification. • Excellent oral and written communication skills. • Good degree of commercial / cost control awareness • Experience of working with Oracle or a similar ERP system • Experience of working with Microsoft Office, especially for data management/analysis and presentations • Excellent Communication skills • Experience of directing and leading large (remote) teams. • Should have worked in a multi-cultural work environment. • Valid driving license • Willing to travel in the designated Saudi Arabia region without restriction.
For a company providing products and services to the Oil and Gas industry and its many submarkets, from upstream to downstream, offshore to onshore, and topside to subsea. From the construction of an asset to final decommissioning, it provides joint integrity solutions at every stage of the lifecycle of an oil and gas facility, offering a comprehensive range of mechanical products for fastening, connecting and lifting mechanical structures and pipelines, which can be trusted to ensure accuracy, speed and safety demanded by our customers. To meet application needs all products are supported by knowledgeable and skilled engineers and technicians; applying State-of-the-art computer-aided design techniques, finite element stress analysis, photo-elastic modelling, strain gauging and cyclic testing, all ensure that safety, quality and reliability are built into all our equipment. Responsible for the execution of the operational activities, ensuring delivery of reliable rental equipment, manpower services and the Company’s products within a designated region, whilst utilizing the support of the offices and other regional facilities in other regions, as well ensuring strict adherence to company policies across the region in respect of operational delivery and safety in particular. The job holder will be expected to develop & implement initiatives within their operations to support expanded revenue levels, to implement global business standards & practices across all their locations, work with other regions to maximize utilization of assets and personnel, and work closely with the Commercial Leader to ensure the provision of day to day support for our network of sales personnel and agents within the region, and to develop long term operational plans Key Responsibilities Focus: • General Management: • SSE and Quality: • Operations Management: • Customer Service: • People Management
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: Permanent positon with salary package to attract the right candidateFor a company providing products and services to the Oil and Gas industry and its many submarkets, from upstream to downstream, offshore to onshore, and topside to subsea.
Posted: Thu 08 Oct at 15:02 Expires: Mon 07 Dec at 15:02
LiveCranes & Lifting Inspection Department Manager
minimum 15 years of experience out of that 5 years as managerial position in oil and gas inspection company. He should lead a department consisting of Sr. and Junior lifting engineer and also take care of the business activities of that department
We have a lifting equipment inspection and certification pision that is involved with inspection and certification of all types of lifting equipment and associated loose gear. Additionally we train and certify crane and heavy equipment operators, rigger & banksmen, and also train and develop inspectors internally. We are looking for someone in place to bolster all of our activities, to assist with internal training, to assist with the onsite monitoring / auditing of our inspectors training ensuring that they perform as expected and assist in the further development of the department. This would be more of an office based position, however the candidate may have to visit site/clients occasionally or as and when required. This would be a residential position
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: negotiableGraduate Engineer (preferably mechanical)/ LEEA certified ( optional )
Posted: Thu 01 Oct at 10:35 Expires: Mon 30 Nov at 10:35
- 15+ years experience within a project management posistion - Experience with Saudi Aramco projects - Experience with EPC companies including Saipem, Mcdermott, Aker and Technip - Offshore background - Experience in a multi national company
Grange Ryan are seeking a Business Manager for a large well known engineering company. Excellent salary package available. This is a rotational position, 12 weeks on and 2 weeks off (or can be residential if you prefer). Suitable candidates will have: - 15+ years experience within a project management position in Oil and Gas - Experience with Saudi Aramco projects - Experience with EPC companies including Saipem, Mcdermott, Aker and Technip - Offshore background - Experience in a multi national company Please do apply with an up to date CV.
Type: Staff / OfficeSalary: ExcellenyExcellent opportunity to work on a major long term Saudi Aramco projects EPCm/PMC
Posted: Tue 29 Sep at 18:23 Expires: Tue 13 Oct at 18:23
LiveProject Finance Consultant
A minimum of 10 years of related project finance work experience is required, preferably in a banking environment or a major petrochemical or energy industry corporation. Strong preference will be given to candidates with significant experience with capital markets, multilateral agreements, export credit agencies, Islamic finance, structured finance, and exposure to strategic planning, economic evaluations, cash flow & variance analysis, commercial negotiations and/or financial modeling. Completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) professional credential is preferred. Ability to quickly establish credibility in the position and to effectively interact with all levels of management, including senior leadership. Strong ability to establish and maintain networks, both within and across company organizations. Capable of working within a matrix organization.
Provide work direction to professional Financial Analysts. Provide professional and technical expertise for the analysis and solution of complex problems in any Treasury project finance area. Review current Treasury project finance procedures and identify potential problems and recommend solutions. Keep abreast of and analyze international economic data; identify trends that may affect the company. Assist in the formulation and implementation of Treasury policies and procedures to prevent or resolve problems and follow-up on implemented changes to ensure the problem has been resolved. Represent the Treasury organization when needed in special joint venture projects and regular or ad hoc committees or task forces. " #LI-POST"
Type: Staff / TBCSalary: TBCSaudi Aramco Finance is seeking a Project Finance Analyst to join the Corporate & Project Finance team (C&PF). C&PF is a part of the Finance Business Line in Saudi Aramco and reports to the Treasurer’s organization. Its objectives are to provide expert financial advice to organizations developing new businesses or joint ventures; coordinate the Finance Organization’s overall involvement in such development activities and; obtain debt and equity capital for such new business ventures when appropriate. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing Project Finance expert analy...
Posted: Sat 26 Sep at 14:13 Expires: Thu 31 Dec at 0:00
LiveProject Manager Unconventional
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering. 2. 12 years of experience in a broad spectrum of engineering work including project management. Operations supervision experience is highly desirable. 3. Must be able to express him/herself well in written and spoken English. 4. The candidate will be required to travel extensively and may be away from home for extended periods of time.
The Project Manager’s duties and responsibilities will include the following: 1. Perform all management functions at the pision level. 2. Develop the project proposal and obtain approval. 3. Coordinate cost estimation and preparation of AFEs and ERs. 4. Coordinate subordinate personnel in controlling the value, cost and time of the project. 5. Coordinate the staffing of the project team, which will vary over the time of the project. 6. Negotiate arrangements for design with an engineering consultant. Establish the Aramco team on site at the consultant's offices. Remain on site during the design and material procurement phase. 7. Coordinate the preparation of documentation for the bidding of construction. Participate in the selection process and recommend a contractor. 8. Coordinate the construction, startup and commissioning of the facility. 9. Approve contract variations and payments within the limits of his authority or endorses and forwards such variations for approval to a higher authority level. 10. Guide and direct subordinates in the application of Aramco standards. Ensure variances from standards are minimized. 11. Prepare a monthly report showing the status of the design, material procurement, construction, milestones, AFE commitments, payments, charges, variances from standards, waivers and problems. 12. Anticipate and plan for changes in the project scope, timing or costs. Prepare documentation and obtain management approval. 13. Present reports and project updates to management. 14. Prepare a post-completion report for management critique. 15. Guide the overall planning and oversee the overall construction effort of projects, including expenditures of funds and cost control of assigned projects. 16. Control the disposition of Aramco and contractor construction personnel, Arab and international contractors working on assigned projects to execute the program in the most efficient manner.
Type: Staff / TBCSalary: TBCThe Project Manager manages a single project or several related projects in parallel (large and multiple intermediate size) from preparation of the conceptual studies stage, project proposal to commissioning the facility and performing post-completion analysis. Under the general supervision of a Project Director or Department Manager, he/she is responsible for the execution of assigned projects from the development of the project proposal to commissioning the facility and performing post-completion analysis. Projects will vary in complexity. The position will also include coordination at the d...
Posted: Sat 26 Sep at 14:13 Expires: Thu 31 Dec at 0:00