You Can't Apply
This position is no longer open for applications.
Working Locations: Site, International
Posted: 15/03/2012 14:00:00
Expires: 14/05/2012 14:00:00
Key RequirementsHigher education, relevant HSE related degree or equivalent
Min. 3 years of experience in HSE related position incl. process safety
Understanding the HSE regulatory environment that applies to the given operational area
Certificate in OHSAS 18000
Willingness to travel
Excellent English knowledge
Job DescriptionSupport the development and continuously improvement of the HSE regulations and procedures.
Identify gaps in current organizational procedures, tools towards best practice for HSE.
Prepare HSE awareness training materials and conducts respective trainings.
Co-ordinate the reporting on HSE performance of the company’s HQ and affiliates
Co-ordinate the implementation of project documentation - Project Risk Register, HSE Plan and Delivery Schedule, country HSE guidance documentations, etc
Getting acquainted with and raising awareness of best practices throughout the Company Group.
Monitor the implementation of the Project HSE audit schedule and lead internal and external audits on request.
Assist subcontractors and third parties in compliance to the HSE
Undertake worksite inspections (incl. third party worksites) and provide feedback on observations.
Co-ordinate and support implementation of legal compliance regarding HSE both in HQ and affiliates
Monitor and where necessary lead incident investigations.
Represent HSE department in HAZOP and HAZID workshops.
Collect overview of legal requirements regarding HSE in EU and further project countries.
Active participation in personal safety and health programs.
Similar Jobs to HSE Expert
LiveAssistant Safety Advisor
904967 - Assistant Safety Advisor
Our client are currently recruiting for the position of Assistant Safety Advisor, based in Reading, England
904967 - Assistant Safety Advisor
Our client are currently recruiting for the position of Assistant Safety Advisor, based in Reading, England.
- Assist and support the team in the execution in their Health and Safety policy duties.
- Exercise the necessary authority to order work to stop if health and/or safety are endangered.
- Conduct inspections of sites, offices and associated plant to ensure compliance with the company Health and Safety Policy and make recommendations directly to company members on matters concerning health and safety.
- Respond to requests for specific safety inspections and liaise with clients and principal contractors as necessary to ensure that the highest standards of Health and Safety in the workplace are maintained.
- Review all accidents, dangerous occurrences damage and 'near miss' reports, carrying out investigations as necessary and recommending action to prevent similar occurrences.
- Assist in the Health and Safety training of company members and identify areas/activities where HSE training would be beneficial.
- On request, give assistance/guidance/advice on any safety, health, welfare or environmental matters that cause concern to any member of the company.
Skills & Experience
- Technical, Graduate or Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), and/or general NEBOSH certificate.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum.
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (desirable).
- Expert knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Experience in construction and/or M&E engineering techniques in a complex and highly regulated major project environment.
- Expert knowledge of occupational health and behavioral based safety.
- Not essential for this position to have nuclear experience but it would be an advantage
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 904967.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Negotiable904967 - Assistant Safety Advisor
Our client are currently recruiting for the position of Assistant Safety Advisor, based in Reading, England
Posted: Wed 07 Oct at 10:00 Expires: Wed 04 Nov at 10:00
LiveHoge Veiligheidskundige (HVK)/HSE Advisor
Namens een van onze partners zijn wij urgent op zoek naar een Hogere Veiligheidskundige (HVK) als HSE advisor voor een (petro)chemisch bedrijf in de omgeving van Noord-Holland.
- Controleren van naleving veiligheid en milieu (TRA's, LMRA's, etc.)
- Adviseren van milieuvergunningen
- Input geven voor HAZOP, MoCs, etc.
- Adviseren t.a.v. bodemonderzoek
- Deelnemen aan meetings voor HSE input
- Opvolgen incidentonderzoeken
- Verzorgen HSE rapportages
- Veiligheidsrondes buiten in het veld
- Uitvoeren interne audits
- Je hebt minimaal 5 jaar ervaring in de (petro)chemische industrie
- Je hebt algemene kennis van veiligheids-, operationele- en onderhoudsaspecten
- Je hebt goede kennis van HSE gerelateerde wet- en regelgeving
- Je hebt goede vaardigheden met betrekking tot computers, overtuigend adviseren en presenteren/spreken in het openbaar
- Je bent in het bezit van een HVK of diploma of bent bereid deze te halen
- De mogelijkheid om je HVK diploma af te ronden of te halen
- Op korte termijn starten
- Mogelijkheid tot vast contract (deta-vast constructie)
Interesse? Beschikbaar? Meld je aan via de link en Christian Vijn van Progressive Global Energy neemt contact met je op!
Type: Short Term Contract / SiteSalary: competitiveNamens een van onze partners zijn wij urgent op zoek naar een Hogere Veiligheidskundige (HVK) als HSE advisor voor een (petro)chemisch bedrijf in de omgeving van Noord-Holland. De ...
Posted: Tue 06 Oct at 17:00 Expires: Tue 03 Nov at 17:00
Sub Fire Officer Our client in Egypt requires an experience Fireman for their Military camp located in Egypt.
18 month (renewable) contract 38 days holiday + Egyptian national holidays Free accommodation, food and medical cover. Must have at least 10 years previous Fire Fighting experience Facilities on-site; Gym Pub Cinema Library Tennis courts Shop Naffi (Cafe)
Type: Long Term Contract / Site, InternationalSalary: Tax free monthly salaryFireman required for assignment in Egypt.
Posted: Tue 06 Oct at 14:07 Expires: Sat 05 Dec at 14:07
LiveHealth & Safety Manager
• HNC or degree in an engineering subject or equivalent. • 10 years related experience in H&S Management • Automation & electrical experience, including voltage testing • NEBOSH National General Certificate in H&S Management or higher • Automated system integration knowledge – conformance to safety directives and functional understanding of automation industry with an engineering bias, design of machinery. • Experience in large-scale construction projects and applicable CDM regulations • OHSAS 18001 Auditor • IOSH Technician or chartered inpidual • Working knowledge of Regulatory Compliance Analysis; H&S System Development & Implementation; H&S Management System Audits; H&S Compliance Assessments; Training & Presentation Skills; H&S Planning & Company Execution; Documentation Development, Control & Record Keeping; Continual Improvement; Data Analysis & Reporting; Team Leadership & Facilitation; Incident/Accident Investigation; Injury Case Management; Behavior Based Safety; Environmental Aspects; Security Management; Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Controls; Database Development & Administration. • Ability to communicate effectively and engagingly, verbally and written • Proactive & collaborative attitude & approach • Work through influence and persuasion (versus position or title) to effect a positive and preventative safety culture • Strong H&S Leadership Skills • Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision • Strong planning and organizational skills. • Willingness for local travel to satellite offices, site facilities, supplier sites • Analytical and Creative with meticulous attention to Detail • Flexible and Adaptable
• Be the H&S representative and lead, manage, and continuously advance the company H&S culture. • Be the company’s security point of contact. • Establish, implement and maintain the company H&S and Security management system, including supporting manuals, plans procedures, documentation, and reporting systems • Ensure all applicable site safety requirements are adhered to at all facilities and monitor the facilities H&S progress. • Ensure the company is in compliance with clients’, corporate Mustang and Wood Group H&S and Security requirements, local and national rules and regulations, including at sites and abroad. • Liaise/interface effectively with H&S and Security professionals locally and at sites as and when required. • Report to the WG Mustang HSSE Manager and other stakeholders on the performance of the company on H&S and Security matters, the integrity of the company H&S Management Systems, and any need for improvement • Provide training, guidance and assistance as needed on matters relating to the continuous improvement of H&S & Security on the company. Ensure training is conducted for office and field employees. • Co-Ordinate and control contractor activities. • Liaising with customers, end users and external health and safety representatives (e.g. CDM coordinators); • Liaising with Group Quality Manager to drive continual improvement in health and safety practices across all sites; Assist in the implementation of new processes, where required; • Liaising with site and project managers and other personnel to ensure risk assessments and method statements are suitable on a project-by-project basis; • Conduct H&S inspections, audits and monitoring of the allocated areas to ensure compliance, and to assist in managing the actions arising from these activities; • Assist in the completion of risk assessments to best practice and consider how risks can be reduced; • Maintain company legislation register and assist with compliance to specific industry standards e.g. CDM Regulations, machinery directive, CE marking, etc. and advise engineering team on legislation relevant to company systems design and installation • Advise engineering team on methodology and SIL/PR conformance and on mechanical and electrical safety conformance • Timely report and analyze near-miss and incident causes, also hazards to health or environment, Participate in the investigation of accidents and injuries and compile and submit accident reports and statistics required by the organization on the Wood Group CAIRS system. • Maintain company H&S files and records.
Type: Staff / Site, OfficeSalary: Not statedThe Automated Technology Group recently acquired by Wood Group sits under the Mustang Business stream. The organisation are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to be based at their office location in Silsoe, Bedfordshire.
Posted: Tue 06 Oct at 11:17 Expires: Tue 03 Nov at 11:17
Overall Management of the Health Safety and Environmental System in compliance with Workplace Safety and Health Act and Environmental Regulations, Promote HSE awareness and conduct training to improve competency to advance HSE Performance. Maintain Quality System for ASME, U2, S and R stamp Certification as well as preparing welding procedures, inspection test plans and quality procedures. Key Areas of Responsibility *Ensures completion of all workshop activities are in compliance with specification, code and standard for both Quality and HSE *Prepares welding procedures, quality procedures and procedure qualification record *Evaluates Non-conformances and proposes resolution plans *Monitors measurable quality objectives as outline in the quality policy *Attends to Quality and Safety Audits, Project Meetings, Safety Meetings *Drive the safety culture for the organization both in the Head Office and out at site locations *Attend Customer safety meetings and attend to customer audits at site where required acting as the company representative for HSEQ *Conduct regular HSEQ training internally *Develop facility HSE plan and Project HSE plans *Assist Operations and Projects in identifying risks and conducting risk assessment, Job Safety Analysis and Method Statements *Compile monthly HSEQ reports for all locations *Carry out Investigations into breaches of HSEQ policies, dangerous occurrences, LTA's Near misses, accidents etc. *Keep and maintain HSE statistics, HSE training records and relevant Acts and Regulations *Liaise with corporate HSEQ function to ensure compliance with group policies and procedures. Ensure all HSEQ activities are aligned with the group *Additional ad hoc duties as directed by Head of Projects and Operations HSE Responsibilities & Accountabilities Co-operate with the delegated persons, Managers, Engineers and Supervisors on Health and Safety matters; Not interfere with anything provided to safeguard their Health and Safety; Take reasonable care of their own & employees Health and Safety. Assuring effectiveness of assigned QHSE Management system. To understand and let the workforce to understand the company's QHSE policies and procedures. To report all the Near misses, Incidents/ Accidents Providing resource management and capability development to the workforce. To protect the public against risks to health and safety arising from work activities Involving himself and workers for the identification of hazards and preparation of Risk or Impact Assessments. Communication all the hazards to the workforce. Providing necessary resources to comply with QHSE requirements. Assuring that the Tool Box talks are conducted on regular basis. Assessing their workforce to meet the requirements of QHSE. Providing awareness to the workforce of the UAE laws and regulations Communication the Emergency Response Procedures and contact no. to meet the emergency situation. Ensuring that there is no environmental damage with the activities. Providing welfare facilities to the workforce. to secure the health, safety and welfare of people at work Perform work safely, effectively, efficiently and to the requirements raised by the customer. Report mismanagement; waste, fraud, or abuse; unsafe conditions; security issues; etc. Stop work if an HSE or Safeguards & Security concern exists. Comply with the legal acquisition methodology to meet program/project needs. Ensuring & delivering QHSE feedback on management system performance. Review and final approval of budget and HSE documents; Adaptation and coordination of documents, processes related to HSE; Approval of QHSE Policies Review HSE performance for appraisal. Mitigate hazards and/or Safeguards & Security threats/risks associated with work conducted by assigned staff. Inpiduals or teams as being designated to see if HSE MS requirements are being carried out at the facility. Approval of human and capital resources at project to ensure that HSE is established implemented and properly maintained. Propose modification of existing procedures or development of new documentation. Recommend changes in roles and responsibilities if necessary. Schedule and coordinate internal & external audits. Knowledge/experience/skills/personal attributes ESSENTIAL * 10 yrs + of relevant working experience in QHSE role for the oil & gas or petrochemical industries. * NEBOSH certified * Managerial Experience gained in a similar working environment and role. * Multi-site operations experience * Certified Training in HSE, ISO QMS, and in Experience in setting up Safety Plans from basics * Recognized Qualifications in QA/QC including all relevant ASME standards with formal education in welding * Degree Qualified * Self-motivation, ability to work under pressure within a team environment, good communication skills, professional attitude and long working hours.
Type: Long Term Contract / OfficeSalary: Not statedOverall Management of the Health Safety and Environmental System in compliance with Workplace Safety and Health Act and Environmental Regulations, Promote HSE awareness and conduct...
Posted: Tue 06 Oct at 6:00 Expires: Tue 03 Nov at 6:00